Default Type your biggest crushes ever

IEE
    IEE
    IEE
    IEE
    IEE
    IEE

I'm serious. All my biggest crushes (and failed relationships!) are IEEs

...is that related to having the same leading function ( in this case) or it is just that IEEs are so charming?

Where is a SEI when you want one?

Will North Korea cross the border southwards?

Will Batman escape?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

SLEs for the most part, but I'm sure there are some exceptions to the rule here.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

ive said it before, but ips. all varieties. i can't explain it socionically.

now that i think of it, that's you, jim, and jorge who are all not SLIs but have a thing for IEEs. maybe IEEs are just hotties.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I feel so untouched
    and I want you so much
    that I just can't resist you
    it's not enough to say that I miss you

I feel so untouched
    right now need you so much
    somehow I can't forget you
    I've gone crazy from the moment I met you

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE & IEI
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post

now that i think of it, that's you, jim, and jorge who are all not SLIs but have a thing for IEEs. maybe IEEs are just hotties.
    There is a virtuous cycle to it.

I think IEEs tend to be more 'forward' with regards to their feelings than many other types and aren't shy to taking a risk. Many intellectual males tend to be risk-averse so don't find it comfortable to make the first move particularly in modern relationships where there is a lot of 'downside' risk for the male.

Ultimately however IP men, despite being stubborn and obnoxious are generally as easy to keep as cats and therefore the only failures IEEs tend to make is to quickly and unconvincingly proclaim their 'love' for the man too hastily (has happened a few times) leading to a credibility gap and to create what can be construed as unneccessary difficulties and drama.

This can lead to a 'deflatory' effect on the IP man who will feel drained at dealing with the emotions and therefore won't be making all of the 'right emotional noises' for the IEE female which tends to cause an unvirtuous cycle.

To help to cushion the impact, most IP men have a mean hand for catching flying stilletos and masonry to which most IEE women boycott the game.

I know that ILE men tend to find IEE women thrilling because they re-inforce one anothers natural curiosity, creativity and positivity but apparently the fights can get a bit extreme. An ILE-IEE couple I knew seemed to spend most of their time in fisticuffs.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    There is a virtuous cycle to it.

I think IEEs tend to be more 'forward' with regards to their feelings than many other types and aren't shy to taking a risk. Many intellectual males tend to be risk-averse so don't find it comfortable to make the first move particularly in modern relationships where there is a lot of 'downside' risk for the male.

Ultimately however IP men, despite being stubborn and obnoxious are generally as easy to keep as cats and therefore the only failures IEEs tend to make is to quickly and unconvincingly proclaim their 'love' for the man too hastily (has happened a few times) leading to a credibility gap and to create what can be construed as unneccessary difficulties and drama.

This can lead to a 'deflatory' effect on the IP man who will feel drained at dealing with the emotions and therefore won't be making all of the 'right emotional noises' for the IEE female which tends to cause an unvirtuous cycle.

To help to cushion the impact, most IP men have a mean hand for catching flying stilletos and masonry to which most IEE women boycott the game.

I know that ILE men tend to find IEE women thrilling because they re-inforce one anothers natural curiosity, creativity and positivity but apparently the fights can get a bit extreme. An ILE-IEE couple I knew seemed to spend most of their time in fisticuffs.
    Yeah seriously! Give me a pet that can take care of itself and that's my soul relationship right there!

I'd have to say that my biggest crushes were on an IEE, SEE and IEI...

Absurd: You Ti dominants sure say things I don't really know where to put.
    labtard: fml
    Absurd: Hah.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post

I may be attractive to some people, but then when I tell them about my interests and habits...

Absurd: You Ti dominants sure say things I don't really know where to put.
    labtard: fml
    Absurd: Hah.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HandiAce View Post
    I may be attractive to some people, but then when I tell them about my interests and habits...
    Bondage eh?

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dominants, with one exception whose type I am unsure of, though my best guess is . So in essence, my dual, semi-dual, and benefactor.
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume we're only talking about real-life crushes

Te-ILI 5w6 sp/sx
    Ne-ILE 7w6 so/sx
    Si-SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Te-SLI 5w6 sx/sp
    Si-SLI 9w8 sx/sp
    Si-SLI 5w4 sp/sx

what's my type
    Last edited by Galen; 05-23-2014 at 05:05 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE
    ESE
    SLI
    LSI
    SLE
    ILI
    SEI

I crush easily
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My biggest crushes are various orchestral compositions. Mainly LSE and EII written.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

iei, sei and sle probably.

i crush kinda easily but i have a hard time trusting. the thought of spending the night alone with somebody is still too terrifying. yeah u could say 'you just need some self confidence' but im kinda just terrified of that lvl of intimacy. im not naive i know how dark people can be lmao. and all this therapy talk about how 'you just have to love yourself' makes me think that i really don't need anybody else anyway, although to be honest i often lie in bed lonely and sad. i won't be with anybody who bullies or mistreats me tho just because im a 'soft' big-hearted person' so i kinda feel trapped between a rock and a hard place.

I apologize if this post comes across as victim-y or woobie-ish. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheWoobie I just feel the need to be honest.

well realistically i have good reasons for this fear. i have had to physically fight men who enjoyed sex with me but didn't want to be gay. they physically attacked me after having sex, which scared me. so now im in an online relationship with a guy who gives me the sexual power to tell him what to do. it's very empowering, as you get tired of feeling like the helpless cute bottom all the time. i really honestly just want another submissive or somebody more submissive than me. feeling like i still have control and not with an abuser is important. and im sick & tired of the sadistic, evil voice in my head that says 'you deserve being treated poorly because you're too soft and kind acting with others.'

so yes, im actually a top: i need power, need somebody to make me feel safe, by following my orders.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truck View Post
    so yes, im actually a top: i need power, need somebody to make me feel safe, by following my orders.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz...73no1_1280.jpg

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bondage and bdsm is becoming extremely trendy apparently...........................

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lol. half the teenage girls whose blogs i follow on tumblr call their boyfriends "daddy."

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It can't be trendy to me because it never went out of style, it's greater than style to begin with. to me it's pretty ancient, nothing really compares to good animalistic sex and somebody following my orders. it makes me feel like a god. i never really been a sub, it felt awkward for me... i got too assertive, fought back too much. i said 'no' just too often. i almost made this person pass out. i don't want to kill or hurt people but it is like the world's greatest high.

and there's this submissive girl at work who i get along with amazingly well it feels so compatible and stuff. i really wanna help ppl explore this stuff, i kinda always wanted to be a sex therapist lol.

and there's this incredibly hot sub boy i know who i fell in deep love with. i know that he got caught purposefully because he's so sub he wants to be in prison for the rest of his life. i think that's unhealthy tho , he just needs a good caring dom to take care of him. but he wants to be locked up in a cage for eternity like the tortured puppy he is. jesus christ it's too hot, he needs to free himself but only other people can do that for him. wow.

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to crush on IEIs a lot. Not sure why. The feelings were intense and fleeting.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three major crushes have been SLE, SLE and LSI.

Other minor crushes have included one SLI, two LSEs, one SLE, and one LSI, from the top of my head.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In about chronological order: SEI, ESI, IEI, EIE, IEI.
    This lists contains people who have lingered in my mind for long and/or have had an impact on my dating status.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Where is a SEI when you want one?
    I usually check the kitchen and the bed first.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

conflictas ^

what happened with the ESI?

I've crushed on mostly LIEs. one IEI but that was very, very brief. one ILE but that was dumb. one SEI but that was a girl.
    one ESI (i think) but from a far.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

LIE, ILI, ESI, LSI, EIE, SEE.

I prefer them not to be too soft, apparently.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    conflictas ^

what happened with the ESI?
    She was my first girlfriend and took my virginity. It was from a time when I was very insecure.
    Imagine a super nice, compassionate and understanding boyfriend me with a savior complex. I kinda understood that I'm more of a "free spirit" after that relationship.
    We don't have anything in common, she's mentally unstable and bitter. I don't hold any grudges towards her, I just mostly ignore her.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm

I think my biggest crush was ESI
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always seem to have the biggest crushes on my identicals or LSE's. Hmmm

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few IEIs and IEEs in my years. I once crushed on an SLE and then I got to know her and then I stopped. True story. Never seem to crush on ESEs, iunno, either I'm typing others wrong or I just know unattractive ESEs.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An ILI I met in the street when I was 24. She is Harmonizing. She is probably the most beautiful woman I've ever met. Nothing ever happened.

I have a hard time seeing duals as "crushes". Duality is duality, it is different than anything else, and somehow transcends these words we use to describe attraction. IMO.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

xIE
    xEE-Fi

Minor: A bunch of ExE's.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've noticed that some of the xxxp (Ip, mainly) crushes I've had have been pretty easy to get over, or it's rather that there wasn't much genuine interest there to begin with.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE- 6 years or something

other: XLE, IEE, ILI, LII

women: SLE, LSI, SEI, EII

I had a *huge* friend crush on a EII once.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow it's hard to type people i no longer am around. I have a few ideas
    Grade school crush (1st crush) - SEI maybe, idk

probably my biggest junior high crush - I think SLE actually maybe

high school crush - i have NO idea...

College crush - LIE or LSE, pretty confident on that

Post-college crushes - ?ILI/IEI, SLI, ?LII/LSI

Of these, my favorite recollections are probably the SEI (he's married now, alas... but idk if i would like him in his present form tbh), the LIE/LSE from college, and the SLI.

No crushes in a couple of years...unusual for me.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    Duality is duality, it is different than anything else, and somehow transcends these words we use to describe attraction. IMO.
    it really is.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClownsandEntropy View Post
    A few IEIs and IEEs in my years. I once crushed on an SLE and then I got to know her and then I stopped. True story. Never seem to crush on ESEs, iunno, either I'm typing others wrong or I just know unattractive ESEs.
    What needs to happen is you get stuck working together with an ESE on something, or needing to get out of a sticky situation together. (or both). Then you see the light.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

EIE (passing fancy)
    IEE (only remember because I remember admitting it a year later)
    EII (sort of like playing "house")
    EIE (same one)
    ILI (most difficult)

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

EII E 5 sx/so man - probably the deepest communication I've ever had with a person; brand: "forbidden passion"

LSI sx/sp E5 man - smashing intellectual and physical compatibility; long-term relationship with ups-and-down (and a bit of on-and-offs) that provoked significant changes in both of us

ILE sx/sp E3w2 woman - we didn´t click at all at first; discovered each other after about one year of neutral and casual meetings in groups of common friends; at this point we usually contact each other every 2 years or so, talk intensively for a few weeks, then take a break again.

ESI sx/sp E6/E5 woman - one of my best and longest-term female friends

ESE E2w1 so/sx woman - we were friends; warm and down-to-earth communication, proved to be good for urging me to learn to see other viewpoints and personalities more clearly and tolerantly; friendship ended up nastily after she got married to a SLI who couldn't stand me (interaction got tense and 'tainted', it seemed to me she mainly needed an object to (s)mother and couldn't see the essence of a person)

SLE-Se E7w8 sx/so man - Socionics sucks; it tries to build applicable theory from scratch.

LSI E3 (??) sx/sp or sx/so man - deep and complicated communication; strong impression of structural similarity coupled with different backgrounds and habitual patterns of relating that made things more tense that they could have been

Childhood&teenage crushes:

ESI-Se sx/so guy
    SEE sx/so guy
    LII E5 sp/sx guy
    Last edited by Amber; 05-21-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

oops, forgot to give juicy details. edit. ^^^^

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a late bloomer when it came to crushing and taking boys seriously. Looks alone did nothing for me, because I always had to make sure I knew their character. I wasn't interested in getting involved in some dramatic relationship because I knew the power of the heart, and knew how difficult breakups could be. I was determined to protect myself. If after a couple dates I had a sense that it wouldn't work, I'd withdraw contact as much as possible. There have been only three where values and interests really aligned with mine. In chronological order:

LIE - charming boy with whom I had one of the most memorable dates ever. His humor was simple and almost naive, but hit my funny bone in such a happy way. We were never official, and simple flirtations extended months and distances. The timing was never right, and when it was for me, he had already moved on. For this reason, he feels like the "one that got away", but something never felt complete with him anyways.

SEE - cute & sweet firefighter, could read me like a book, could talk to him for hours (literally), but he and his home and truck were a train wreck, which made me agitated and worried that I'd always be the one cleaning up his mess. I loved that he always made everyone feel included in the group, and while his spontaneity and energy was fun, it was reckless at times. He was also a youngest like me, and I just didn't want to be the sole responsible adult in the relationship. Still, he's the one that I had always wished would work, and the one that lingered longest in my mind.

SLI - my husband. Incredibly handsome and strong, he had just the right amount of intrigue, stability, and loyalty with yet a curiosity for my mischief and fun. Rugged on the exterior, I found he was just a big softie on the inside. Our first date felt like fireworks, but it was beautiful without the fear or risk of being with someone of different values or compatibility. He just felt like my equal, someone who would both give and take, flex with my needs, and take a leadership role while still valuing my insight. We don't always have to talk to know what the other person is thinking, and when we do, it just validates that we knew. Just the other day, I was observing our sides of the bed and it made me laugh to know that I married a man that has no problem tolerating my inconsistent quirks, such as waking up and deciding whether or not I want to make the bed (somedays yes, others no), or how I might randomly decide to spend the day practicing my music instead of something else I had tentatively scheduled. Although I used to think I was the funny one in our marriage, as I've become closer to him, I've come to find out that it's actually him.
    Last edited by applejacks; 05-21-2014 at 12:37 PM.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

IEEs & SEE's, all 7wX, and occassional inexplicable ILI/LII .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast