Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did Socionics help with your dating life and personal relationships ?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Done; 03-02-2023 at 04:28 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It helped me to understand "why" people do certain things.

People tend to be too much subjective when judging what other does (to them or others), and always feel "betrayed".
    But people have different triggers, goals, ethics etc.

Studying more socionics helped me to become more neutral and accepting of others, thorugh the understanding of their character at 360°.
    Thanks to it, I stopped taking everything on a personal level, in brief.

In dating life for exemple, I expected a certain behaviour from people I was dating, and so predicted it all and reduced the impact it may have on me.

It also helped me to counter people who wanted to damage my family on the economics sphere.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It helped me to understand "why" people do certain things.
    Same + how do they process things
    Souls know their way back home

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hardly. I don't see it like that. People who want to be difficult will be difficult and so on. Obviously if you want to compile teams on a regular basis it might help. Obviously I have different "labels" now.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I, from before getting married to being married, knew other personality things knowing that my guy would be, and turned out to be what Socionics calls my Dual. Opposite but same worldview. Nothing else for me.

As it goes, the better part of Socionics is aiding one to see their relationships and deal with how that *works best* -- 2006 helped me so much because of Understanding why SEE can be sooooooo..... at times, I got a 4th child from it when it was fresh information.

Yeah, changed my life to give birth to an ILE. My Socionics baby.

The ups and downs of SEE ... knowing full well about it makes it easier to live with. Yes, occasional Drama. It's OK though. I would have stuck it out anyhow.

I like finding myself doing something or saying something and it clicks with information. Socionics is actually my best friend. LOL

My SEE-ILI marriage hit the 30 year mark this past Monday.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somewhat yes, mostly no. Socionics types are often more internally complex than normies are.
    If I'm not answering you, I'm either procrastinating a response, or I've judged the conversation as fruitless/already settled prior to the debate for me.

Plausible types; INxP>INxj>ENxp>ENxj

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. I was already married. All it’s really done is provided me with an interesting take/explanation on why I’ve done or been attracted to certain people. A way to categorize (words/definitions). Basically the language to explain some things. But sometimes defining things isn’t so great. It carry’s with it glorifying or being prejudice against whole groups of people, which I think can be a bit limiting and dangerous and/or obsessive to the psyche. Basically once you’ve learned to look at things through this perspective, it can be hard to shake if you want to, and limiting.

it has its pro’s/con’s like anything, but yeah. But like I said l, A hard thing to shake, Especially when you really start getting in deep.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. I don't date and I don't have relationships outside my family members, my doctor, my "social worker" and the people I see while I'm in the waiting room of my doctor or my social worker or while I'm queuing at the supermarket, the bakery or the pizzeria.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, I don’t have relationships and I’m terrible at typing in any case

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

English language...

In my romantic relationship (didn't knew this was mostly about that) it hasn't helped either. I dont even self-type nor do type my GF so...
    If I'm not answering you, I'm either procrastinating a response, or I've judged the conversation as fruitless/already settled prior to the debate for me.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mostly to avoid conflictors, which sometimes if you are not privy to socionics, you are attracted to. Ending up married to a conflictor can be a pretty miserable existence. Regardless, I don't date, nor have interest in romantic relationships for the time being, so it has been a post hoc realization. But I like to observe/study people and their relationships, and for that purpose it's been very useful.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least holistic typology did. To greatly form to psychic bonding with Bunny in cakes of summer cascades is the legacy of love taking the world by storm.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaskGodLugia View Post
    At least holistic typology did. To greatly form to psychic bonding with Bunny in cakes of summer cascades is the legacy of love taking the world by storm.
    That's actually a pretty funny enough space and flexibility to be categorized from the outside calling that out of their opponent.

I have done the same keyboard thing I think you do and the message seems cool anyways!!!

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a period where I felt pretty bad that I wasn’t meeting my wife’s expectations of me. Post-Socionics, I’ve learned she is most likely an ESI, and I’m most likely a Beta NF type. The difference between Fi and Fe valuers is pretty striking, but I’ve been able to understand where she is coming from much more easily, and I had even started to become more confident in myself (I blame myself less harshly for being weak or careless in the physical world, but I still do what I can to improve).

I think that’s one of the best parts of Socionics, honestly: not just understanding relationships, but understanding yourself and trying to improve your situation, because each type has their own weaknesses they need to address (can’t just make excuses all the time because your a Logical type so you can be a douchebag to everyone, for example).

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not really. It helped me manipulate some types by giving ppl their dual seeking function but that doesn't last cuz it's not authentic and was too draining for me to use certain functions more than I'm naturally comfortable with. It explains underlying processes that are already there in nature but how to 'use it' often feels akin to asking a jungle to grow in ur home or something. Socionics is real, but so is feces- and how do you use feces? As manure to make things grow I guess.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It made things worse.
    Either I know I can't give the right answer and give up, or know I could give the right answer but don't want them coming back for more so give up.
    It made me less prone to believe in positive relationships and I became jaded about it.
    I also hate when I see plain as day how I could make people do exactly whatever I'd choose, or can predict their reactions accuratly.
    It made people less interesting, as if they're closer to clones than unique individuals.
    I actually like people a lot more when I get all this out of my head so I can be with whoever is there, not in my head with socionics.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No

I also don't bring these typology things into my real life.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only a little. My interpersonal relationships are so bizarre that they defy crowd-sourced Soviet psychology.

TIM
    EIE-Ni-H 359
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It helped me to understand how and why I was consistently rejecting my duals related to my own insecurities and hangups. Also, it helped me to explain why I used to get butthurt over my conflictors and domineering over my supervisees.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does help me not feel too terrible and silly during certain incidences and interactions in the past places I've worked (pub, coffeeshop, country club dining).. all 3 I had delta ST bosses. It's a plague..

Actually, though, Enneagram has helped me much more for dating and personal relationships.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. It helped me understand ways of thinking that are different than my own.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Absolutely yes.

Socionics changed my entire approach to dating. I went from "dating anyone who seemed compatible on the first meeting", to "first filtering for ESIs, and then filtering for good ESIs".

Night and day.

Socionics also changed my approach to people in my personal relationships. I went from "this person could be anyone at all and could do anything at all", to "this person can be expected to act within certain boundaries."

Again, night and day.

I find that I tailor my entire approach towards a person by what I believe to be their Sociotype. By and large, this has improved my relationships.*

This approach has a downside, though, when I mis-type a person. I'll treat them (and expect them to act) like the sociotype that I think they are. Normally, this doesn't matter all that much, but it almost always makes the interaction less than what it could have been, and in some cases, it makes a huge difference.

I was recently surprised to discover that I cut a lot of slack for types which I think are very different from my own type, and I am not so generous when it comes to relationships with types that I interact with better.

I've had people tell me, for this very reason, that they don't want to know anything about Socionics and ITRs. I can understand their concerns; that they might be unduly biased against someone for reasons which don't relate to someone's actual performance, but to tell the truth, I don't think any of these guys relate to someone purely on the basis of actual performance. They are all biased, they just don't want to admit it.

What I've seen is that, sooner or later, socionics ITRs inevitably play out in exactly the way that the ITRs predict. An objective action which is great in a Dual is poisonous when coming from a Conflictor.

What I try to do is to consciously make up for the problems that ITR creates, and for that, I'm grateful that Socionics has given me some more insight into the road ahead.

*When I started my first business, I partnered with a brilliant electrical and software engineer who had everything I needed. He could effortlessly do what I couldn't do. In retrospect, he was an ILE, because every time we'd interact, I got the impression that he was brilliant but crazy. I figured that I could take the brilliant and leave the crazy.
    Wrong.
    He built his half of the product and the company imploded because of bad relations. I put today's equivalent of half a million dollars of my own money into the company, and I'd have been better off burning the money, because I'd have at least gotten some heat from it. Every cent, gone with the wind.
    Not because our technical abilities were lacking. It was because we didn't operate in the same universe of values. And, to be fair, neither one of us was connected enough to our feelings to know what was going wrong, or how to fix it. And that's the problem of being ignorant of Socionics.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-02-2022 at 12:41 PM.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might’ve marred by relationship with my EII gf if anything. Sometimes when she’d gush over a pretty flower, a cute little dress with frilled sleeves, some quirky hello kitty pajamas that she’d wear all the time in bed or something Si-related I would at the back of my mind think about how I’d be more compatible with someone Se-valuing instead of just accepting that every human is going to have some weird quirks/preferences/personality differences that’ll put you off a bit eventually. I was nitpicking differences that a normal person wouldn’t even think about
    Last edited by Averroes; 09-02-2022 at 01:56 PM.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course. It's extremely useful. I know what to expect and I don't need to have false dreams about living happily ever after with a hot ILI or something.

The downside is that I sometimes meet attractive people with horrible compatibility, like LSEs. And then I avoid them, and that can be wrong. Because sometimes you just have to follow your simple instincts and not your rational mind. It's necessary to experience different things in life even though they might not be ideal. It requires some wisdom to live with the knowledge of socionics. You can't just apply it like some dead algorithm. Life becomes a bloodless business.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it has been very helpful. It gets you thinking about social dynamics more and gives you ideas to test out during social interactions, which affords you with more experience and in turn gives you more to think about, like a never ending cycle. It’s also useful for personal development. However if you are originally bad at social interactions and at reflecting on these things in the first place I think it would probably be more destructive than anything.
    how to enlarge your dragon, click here

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    get ready to get cucked
    Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    got this Socionics stuff caught by the balls

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also if you tend to assume things that people say are true without verifying it yourself or get influenced by ideas like that easily… it is probably bad. Even things that seem true are just true until proven otherwise.
    how to enlarge your dragon, click here

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    get ready to get cucked
    Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    got this Socionics stuff caught by the balls

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Averroes View Post
    It might’ve marred by relationship with my EII gf if anything. Sometimes when she’d gush over a pretty flower, a cute little dress with frilled sleeves, some quirky hello kitty pajamas that she’d wear all the time in bed or something Si-related I would at the back of my mind think about how I’d be more compatible with someone Se-valuing instead of just accepting that every human is going to have some weird quirks/preferences/personality differences that’ll put you off a bit eventually. I was nitpicking differences that a normal person wouldn’t even think about
    I mean...that doesnt even seem anti Se. I gush over aesthetics too. 4D demo Si.

TIM
    ESI-Se 4w3 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's definitely helped me with figuring out why it is that i clash so heavily with certain people or get along with others. Also, it has helped me understand the aforementioned people better and try to adjust myself a bit to them if necessary.
    I AM YOUR HOLY TOTEM
    I AM YOUR SICK TABOO
    RADICAL AND RADIANT
    I'M YOUR NIGHTMARE COMING TRUE

I AM YOUR WORST ENEMY
    I AM YOUR DEAREST FRIEND
    MALIGNANTLY MALEVOLENT
    I AM OF DIVINE DESCENT

I AM YOUR UNCONSCIOUSNESS
    I AM UNRESTRAINED EXCESS
    METAMORPHIC RESTLESSNESS
    I'M YOUR UNEXPECTEDNESS

I AM YOUR APOCALYPSE
    I AM YOUR BELIEF UNWROUGHT
    MONOLITHIC JUGGERNAUT

STRAY BULLET
    FROM THE HEAVENS ABOVE
    STRAY BULLET
    READY OR NOT
    I'M THE ILLEGITIMATE SON OF GOD

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confirmed my suspicions I’m a rare and wonderful IEI. (And stopped me being such a pushover).

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Bear View Post
    I mean...that doesnt even seem anti Se. I gush over aesthetics too. 4D demo Si.
    Me too but she was mainly gushing over takeout food and clothes that I didn’t like that much. I’m pretentious to a fault, while she was into things that are kind of regular and pleasant/inoffensive

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Me too but she was mainly gushing over takeout food and clothes that I didn’t like that much
    Lol, @Averroes. I once walked with my SLI ex-wife to the downtown library and had to endure a 45 minute long discussion of matching shoelace color to one’s Cool Autumn look.

Fuck. Never again.
    Just shooting me would be kinder.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. Tons of insecurity and self loathing just faded away after awhile after getting into typology, even though at first the initial shock of typology was super depressing, I remember I was trying to hide tears at work when I just found out about the greek tempermanents and I found out I was doomed to be a melancholic for the rest of my life, then the EIE HR lady caught me and I wanted to disappear, and right after that an ILE co-worker caught me and just announced "SEE! THAT'S THAT DEPRESSION MAN! lol it's almost like Fe can smell it in the air.

But I used to always have a sense of "I'm not worthy" when I was around any attractive girl, like alot of guys seem to. I used to think there was nothing attractive about me, that I couldn't attract women, that I couldn't get good enough at "game", and I lacked the confidence to ever be with a woman. I'm very glad I learned about socionics and Gulenko Romance styles which lines up with my experience, because if I hadn't actually had my own experiences with it, I'd be listening to the shit show that is the "manosphere" and fresh and fit and the rest of the idiots, which is super depressing, since it's all about how women only want Se/Ti/Te, and that men only want Si/Fe/Fi. Somebody also said duality starts when the two types makes contact with the other person's mobilizing, which has been my experience and has been what's worked like a charm when talking to girls. I would have just waited to stumble onto that by accident if it wasn't for socionics, and even then I'd think I was either lucky or that I'd have to cling on to the person forever, which is exactly what I did with my last gf. Anyway, socionics and especially the romance styles helped alot. Gulenko definitely called out my mating dance and it definitely works on the compatible mate.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 09-03-2022 at 02:43 AM.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Lol, @Averroes. I once walked with my SLI ex-wife to the downtown library and had to endure a 45 minute long discussion of matching shoelace color to one’s Cool Autumn look.

Fuck. Never again.
    Just shooting me would be kinder.
    LOL. I know better than to ramble on too much about aesthetics, etc. to LIEs. Sometimes it's so cute, though, how lost they are about them. When I explained what leggings are to my LIE, he was like, "Ohhhh, I see, like warrior armor." I laughed because it's just simple fall fashion. Another time, I designed a strip club building just for fun, and he said it looked like a church. THERE WERE GODDAMN STRIPPER POLES IN IT, HOW THE JFDGBEDLFKJGHDKLJ LMAO I was like "wtf kind of church have you been to?!" Si PoLR is fucking endearing.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too but she was mainly gushing over takeout food and clothes that I didn’t like that much. I’m pretentious to a fault, while she was into things that are kind of regular and pleasant/inoffensive
    I have a hard time imagining the difference because like...simple cute things can become sort of pretentious when put together into a big picture?

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Bear View Post
    I have a hard time imagining the difference because like...simple cute things can become sort of pretentious when put together into a big picture?

I don't want to be a dick, but imagine stuff that a stereotypical modest 2w1 Librarian or grandma would like - bland, modest, comfortable, not particularly flattering, etc. She loved shopping/thrifting clothes all the time but wasn't very bold or adventurous with it
    Last edited by Averroes; 09-02-2022 at 11:21 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it helpful, but it’s not really something I would want to refer to a lot. Then I would feel the need to box people in for the sake of convenience because of how awkward I feel about others, aka autism. But again I’m not trying to box myself in, that’s just the way I am at the moment. Painful but true.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really. I am inclined to think that studying the DSM and psychology more broadly might be much more useful, even though I haven't really embarked on that journey myself. If you get familiar with the intricacies of the different Clusters of personality disorders and all the research behind them, you can potentially develop a working understanding of the human psyche. And while, for instance, there might be very little psychopaths, narcissists, or borderlines as a percentage of the entire population, the majority of people match one or more of these profiles on a subclinical level, meaning they have many of the symptoms, triggers, traits, and characteristics of these disorders, except they are not pathological. So you can apply the same knowledge much more broadly. It should be useful to be familiar with this stuff as it has been substantiated with peer reviewed research, publications, and literature for decades, if not centuries, from when philosophy preceded psychology. Jung and its derivates (e.g. Socionics) provide just one narrow perspective on things.
    Last edited by Park; 09-03-2022 at 11:20 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@godslave Why did you delete your reply?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    @godslave Why did you delete your reply?
    Sorry I thought that it was not that relevant but here it is again (I always save my deleted post before I delete them (and I do it a lot just don't tell @Evergreen ahah!!)) :

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Not really. I am inclined to think that studying the DSM and psychology more broadly might be much more useful, even though I haven't really embarked on that journey myself. If you get familiar with the intricacies of the different Clusters of personality disorders and all the research behind them, you can potentially develop a working understanding of the human psyche. And while, for instance, there might be very little psychopaths, narcissists, or borderlines as a percentage of the entire population, the majority of people match one or more of these profiles on a subclinical level, meaning they have many of the symptoms, triggers, traits, and characteristics of these disorders, except they are not pathological. So you can apply the same knowledge much more broadly. It should be useful to be familiar with this stuff as it has been substantiated with peer reviewed research, publications, and literature for decades, if not centuries, from when philosophy preceded psychology. Jung and its derivates (e.g. Socionics) provide just one narrow perspective on things.
    I think the study that DSM and ICD is very useful. I did study the DSM before Typology. When you have a good grasp of the extremes you can have a better idea about the norms. When you look at the Enneagram, Claudio Naranjo came up with the level of Health and matched each Enneatype with a pattern which can lead to a certain PD if unhealthy. The same thing with socionics, Ausra came up with the dichotomy of Shizotym/ Cyclotym (Rational /Irrational) which are psychiatric notions. Now, including Jung's work in all that was not an easy task, we must now be aware that there has been a great evolution in the cognitive sciences and our knowledge of the human conscious is far way better than it was in Jung's Time. So we have to be careful to not fall in making a Prophet out of Jung Ausra and separate the wheat from the chaff. We must remember that Freud too made a lot of mistakes and came up with a whole lot of nonsense. Imho, the trap is to think that Ausra's work validity is supported by the fact that she based her work on that of Jung and thus by an obscure syllogism conclude that the whole thing must be valid, the thing is that Jung's work is valid and sound in certain domains and less in others...
    Lack is the Muse of all Poets

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    we must now be aware that there has been a great evolution in the cognitive sciences and our knowledge of the human conscious is far way better than it was in Jung's Time.
    I would say it's the opposite. At least if you read Jung's own research. Nobody really knows anything about typology, and if they do, it's still much limited compared to Jung. And the whole of depth psychology is way ahead of its time anyway, hundreds of years.

Whenever I read something about current psychology it just sounds so limited and Te. They talk about things as if the psyche didn't exist.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast