Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I improve my :Ti:?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    LII's can be pretty good at disappearing.

No idea why.
    I don't know why.

I do know I've disappeared from a lot of forums never to return. Probably left a few people scratching their heads. I can't explain it. Sometimes it's easier to just duck out of a situation and put it out of my head.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ApeironStella View Post
    Social anxiety at feeling like you made a fool out of yourself and you will never be taken seriously anymore and you don't want to remember that shame again so you decide to play dead because your ego can't take being wrong/having made really stupid posts is kinda a factor I guess?
    That sounds about right. Embarrassment can be a crippling feeling.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sub-type indicates imbalance in processing that can be changed but it's like breaking a habit; one must really want and need to change. Ne-LIIs seem to over study and never seem to be satisfied with the information that they have, while Ti-LIIs tend toward excessive rethinking and second-guessing. LIIs can't improve their Ti or Ne, they simply need to use it. Being Ti-LII, I've often scolded myself with the words "you should've opened your eyes"; the problem is that I've been reasonably successful even though I miss a lot of information so motivation hasn't really been there to change. However, now that I'm older, I occasionally stop to smell the roses; perhaps you may find more cause to shoot the planner and get into production.....

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    ...Ne-LIIs seem to over study and never seem to be satisfied with the information that they have...
    At least for me this is true.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Sub-type indicates imbalance in processing that can be changed but it's like breaking a habit; one must really want and need to change. Ne-LIIs seem to over study and never seem to be satisfied with the information that they have, while Ti-LIIs tend toward excessive rethinking and second-guessing. LIIs can't improve their Ti or Ne, they simply need to use it. Being Ti-LII, I've often scolded myself with the words "you should've opened your eyes"; the problem is that I've been reasonably successful even though I miss a lot of information so motivation hasn't really been there to change. However, now that I'm older, I occasionally stop to smell the roses; perhaps you may find more cause to shoot the planner and get into production.....

a.k.a. I/O
    What of those who experience both? For example, excessive rethinking and second guessing might lead to dissatisfaction with current information, so more information is sought, which might then lead to more rethinking and second-guessing, which in turn leads to seeking more information.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    At least for me this is true.
    Given equal brain power, Ne-LIIs have the same rationalization (excellent at interpolation) abilities as Ti-LIIs; they just don't use it as much due to perhaps some circumstances during formative years. When I've had to make critical decisions at work, I've noted that my input abilities markedly improved (I seemed to engage more Ne); unfortunately for some of the people in my personal life, I reverted to a driven, production-oriented perfectionist when the crises were over.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Weird View Post
    What of those who experience both? For example, excessive rethinking and second guessing might lead to dissatisfaction with current information, so more information is sought, which might then lead to more rethinking and second-guessing, which in turn leads to seeking more information.
    My sub-type is ideal for a limited number of scenarios (similar for Ne-LIIs) but an equal balance of input and output is better for the majority situations regardless of the type. I consider sub-types as slightly handicapped (or some sort of minor savant).....

a.k.a. I/O

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12