Thread: Your typing of forum members

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    There Rose have added arguments for her F type. And more basis to suppose Fe for her.

I do not understand what F types want from the typology more. To play in types and intrigues or to get the truth and reasonable argumentation to types related.
    I can't even to assign this to Fe types only, with their the lack of interest in objective reality. As I saw the similar from ESI, for example - the strong negative emotions on thinking her other type than she thought herself. F types tend to have too emotional links with own opinions and so react by emotions when those opinions get the opposing. Se valued and Fe valued types - should to have it as more expressed. Also sometimes people choose "comfortable" types for themselves, alike to fit to good IR with someones and to bad IR with others - this play with the reality is more expected from F types too, which easier fool themselves and tend to follow to emotional reasons for opinions.

The only hope, - F type or not, - after some time the reason and some thinking should lead to adequate reality perceptions, as observations will make noticable more of contradictions with incorrect opinions. Or to stop using of the types theory and rejecting of the typology, in case the reality is chosen to stay below emotions in types related.

Fe tend to drama. *sigh*

@Venus Rose
    It's not constructive to run away from the reality and such to feel offenced on the truth about it. Your emotions will be better when you'll organise the reality to better way, but not when will keep tring to live in sweet dreams. When people become adults - they understand this more and more, what makes them more responsible.

I was not bad enough in the previous lifes so was given base T.
    One of the weaknesses of LSEs is that they can be overbearing at times unintentionally especially if they mean well. Unfortunately, it comes across as too strong a lot of the time. Self aware LSEs know they can come on too strong and try to dial it back as much as possible. At this point, you've offended a good amount of EIIs or let's pretend that they aren't EII like you claim, which shouldn't matter anyways.

If numerous people are having a problem with you then isn't it safe to say that you are the problem and not them? If that's the case then perhaps it's time for some self-reflection so you can grow. Or you can choose to ignore or be offended by this and continue on with your bad habits, but that's at your detriment in the end. I only say this to you now because it's a recurring pattern instead of just a one off.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tfw Raver masterfully weaves an argument for Sol’s typing and gently chiding his behaviour into one post.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    No. In Socionics, sensors seek out intuitive super-id (and super-ego) information.
    What do intuitives seek out?

Only in socionics is up called down and down called up.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type me you fools, you cruel bitches.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Please. Everybody knows that while sensors can use computer mice adeptly, they can’t read or likely use anything above the brain stem.
    All humans have abstract thinking capabilities, unless mentally retarded. Those that excell at and/or constantly interested in the abstract, above average, are intuitive. "Sensors" are on the low side of abstraction. These are people who by definition aren't interested in ideas. It is gradation though, not black and white. There are people who are neither sensor or intuitive, but a mix of the two. Ne dominants are defined by their love of ideas(more than any other type) making the polar opposite(an S type) by definition not interested. Those types of people exist and they are the sensiest of sensors. It is not a good or bad issue.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    What do intuitives seek out?

Only in socionics is up called down and down called up.
    Sensing.

There’s a difference between tendencies towards natural strengths, and having an interest in something. Thinking sensing types are typically uninterested in intuitive activities and intuitives are typically uninterested in sensing activities is an ancient song bellowed out by the great whales from the lost sea of MBTI-land.

This is a discussion forum, not a pro psychologist training centre.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In socionics types tend to automatically generate their own ego stuff, I think. It tends to be so that Ne egos for example tend to just talk about stuff without tangible basis. When it continues too long they notice that the meta information goes nowhere while they can keep track of the information comfortably which leads to frustration.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not saying they can't, just not as likely, looking at the larger picture. Intuitives do correlate with openness to experience. Being interested in something like this is similar to being interested in philosophy, which is far too removed from the more practical concerns of most people. You would most likely, although not necessarily, have to be rather open to be receptive to this stuff in the first place.Being intuitive is just a different way of thinking. It has its advantages and disadvantages.
    Interestingly enough, my IEI friend and EII friend are a lot more interested in real-life focused mysteries/tragedies/drama stuff (EII friend reads a lot on real life tragic life stories of artists/composers/writers etc while IEI friend is really into acting), my SEI friend is a lot more into fictional and "weirder" things (and recently got into anime and she is currently watching a lot more anime than I do nowadays, as it is all new and interesting for her), while ESI friend is the one who is into astrology and low key always follows when some planet is retrograding, and also into anime.

My LSI mother often goes for series where she sees something that has roots in real life, but with some sort of conspiracy-esque backdrop to it (Ie. Person of Interest is one of her favourite TV series that I've seen her watch countless times and recently she was reading a book on history of religions, saying that it is something she prefers to digest properly than try going for in one sitting) as well as tends to have dreams where she sees dead people she was close to giving her warnings/saying something to celebrate is coming soon with some major thing often happening afterwards.

That is not to say they aren't interested in/good at and naturally follow their ego function habits and talents, but simply that it is really downplayed even in Socionics in favour of going "You just need a Dual!" than actually acknowledging that many people, do try to provide their own HA and DS functions, or to find a supply of them from somewhere else, so that just because it is not a natural strength doesn't equate to a complete natural disinterest so much as how much energy you have to devote to such things and ways you can do it being limited.

Which also bring me to whole "such theories are dominated by intuitives (and thinkers)" thing, which actually has some truth in it because the area they suck at has to do with sensing (and feelings/ethics/relationships) so that's actually the intuitives (and thinkers) trying to reach to their weakspot/trying to learn cover it/how to get better into touch by it via what they are already adept at, just like it is for other types, which again brings us to interest does not always equate strength, and in fact, can be just as often reverse too, sensors (and feelers, to not have them left out as well) are looking for the abstract/philosophical/wide-picture (thinking/categorization/systematization/profit) such theories/abstract things can provide that is lacking in their life as well. So while probably still isn't perfect 50/50, it probably isn't as extremely skewed towards one side.

That's what I got, at least.

As a side note, my crack theory on whole "subtype" matter is that it simply tells if someone simply focused more honing on their natural ego talents or if at some point pushed themselves to try to develop in their weaker areas/had been pushed by life to have to figure out how to operate that basically other realm they suck at to some passing level of competence, by trial and error as at the end of the day those are 2D and 1D functions, learning from experience (and social norms on the matter, for 2D)

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ApeironStella View Post
    Interestingly enough, my IEI friend and EII friend are a lot more interested in real-life focused mysteries/tragedies/drama stuff (EII friend reads a lot on real life tragic life stories of artists/composers/writers etc while IEI friend is really into acting), my SEI friend is a lot more into fictional and "weirder" things (and recently got into anime and she is currently watching a lot more anime than I do nowadays, as it is all new and interesting for her), while ESI friend is the one who is into astrology and low key always follows when some planet is retrograding, and also into anime.

My LSI mother often goes for series where she sees something that has roots in real life, but with some sort of conspiracy-esque backdrop to it (Ie. Person of Interest is one of her favourite TV series that I've seen her watch countless times and recently she was reading a book on history of religions, saying that it is something she prefers to digest properly than try going for in one sitting) as well as tends to have dreams where she sees dead people she was close to giving her warnings/saying something to celebrate is coming soon with some major thing often happening afterwards.

That is not to say they aren't interested in/good at and naturally follow their ego function habits and talents, but simply that it is really downplayed even in Socionics in favour of going "You just need a Dual!" than actually acknowledging that many people, do try to provide their own HA and DS functions, or to find a supply of them from somewhere else, so that just because it is not a natural strength doesn't equate to a complete natural disinterest so much as how much energy you have to devote to such things and ways you can do it being limited.

Which also bring me to whole "such theories are dominated by intuitives (and thinkers)" thing, which actually has some truth in it because the area they suck at has to do with sensing (and feelings/ethics/relationships) so that's actually the intuitives (and thinkers) trying to reach to their weakspot/trying to learn cover it/how to get better into touch by it via what they are already adept at, just like it is for other types, which again brings us to interest does not always equate strength, and in fact, can be just as often reverse too, sensors (and feelers, to not have them left out as well) are looking for the abstract/philosophical/wide-picture (thinking/categorization/systematization/profit) such theories/abstract things can provide that is lacking in their life as well. So while probably still isn't perfect 50/50, it probably isn't as extremely skewed towards one side.

That's what I got, at least.

As a side note, my crack theory on whole "subtype" matter is that it simply tells if someone simply focused more honing on their natural ego talents or if at some point pushed themselves to try to develop in their weaker areas/had been pushed by life to have to figure out how to operate that basically other realm they suck at to some passing level of competence, by trial and error as at the end of the day those are 2D and 1D functions, learning from experience (and social norms on the matter, for 2D)

I do think you raise many good points here. Personally, I spent perhaps the first 20+ years of my life being rather impractical, living more in fantasy than reality through play, video games, art, movies, etc. Then I took this interest in being more practical and started denying myself the only things I were ever naturally good at. I tried to get my head out of the clouds and books and live more for the moment, and all that crap. Then it dawned on me that the very people I was trying to be more like couldn't do the things I could do. Why was I trying to do the things they are naturally good at? I shouldn't really be focusing my time with such things, unless I was actually interested.

I do see where the line is blurred for many people. I actually advocate that most people don't really have a type because they are kind of in the middle of the dichotomies. It is the ones that are solidly within each dichotomous camp that form the basis for our overgeneralizations. I think my own thinking and feeling are close to one another, while my N and S aren't very close. I still S when I S, but the overall tendency is to not S. Many people use both relatively equally, but I wouldn't say they are sensors or intuitives. Maybe they are sentuitives? Or Intuensors?

So here you have Socionics. The theory says people both can and can't master weaker functions, depending on the opinion. You need a dual to do certain things for you, but heaven forbid be told you can't do something!

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus View Post
    Type me you fools, you cruel bitches.
    As a certified fool & cruel bitch I'd like to type you but you're not very self revealing. For the best, probably.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    For the best, probably.
    WHAT DOES THAT MEAN

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus View Post
    WHAT DOES THAT MEAN
    Lolllll. This. I mean you're smart not to spew everything.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    Lolllll. This. I mean you're smart not to spew everything.
    Ahh, that's reasonable.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My logic definitely has its bounds, I have noted. I get very nice ideas how to think about things but then I also end up noticing that I might need someone with bit more precision if it gets purely formalized. That is to say that my logic is foremost approximate and selective with good precision.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think you raise many good points here. Personally, I spent perhaps the first 20+ years of my life being rather impractical, living more in fantasy than reality through play, video games, art, movies, etc. Then I took this interest in being more practical and started denying myself the only things I were ever naturally good at. I tried to get my head out of the clouds and books and live more for the moment, and all that crap. Then it dawned on me that the very people I was trying to be more like couldn't do the things I could do. Why was I trying to do the things they are naturally good at? I shouldn't really be focusing my time with such things, unless I was actually interested.

I do see where the line is blurred for many people. I actually advocate that most people don't really have a type because they are kind of in the middle of the dichotomies. It is the ones that are solidly within each dichotomous camp that form the basis for our overgeneralizations. I think my own thinking and feeling are close to one another, while my N and S aren't very close. I still S when I S, but the overall tendency is to not S. Many people use both relatively equally, but I wouldn't say they are sensors or intuitives. Maybe they are sentuitives? Or Intuensors?

So here you have Socionics. The theory says people both can and can't master weaker functions, depending on the opinion. You need a dual to do certain things for you, but heaven forbid be told you can't do something!
    Yes heaven forbid people are tired of stupid, inaccurate stereotypes that don’t represent them at all and falsely limit them and their image while they’re trying to find themselves and discuss personality and personal development with others on the internet where it’s hard enough to communicate and get your full persona across in the first place.

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally see that whole type business as "people who do focus on this and this is likely to care about this/be more blinded by that/might need help with those" type of shortcuts, if that makes sense. Sort of like stereotypes, but my main way of going is, if I pick up something about someone who reminds me anything related to any typology, I check it in with them directly or phrase it in more "daily lingo" way if I think that they likely wouldn't be interested in personality theories. If they confirm that that's the case, great, one more real life observation noted down, as well as I know yet another detail about that person to know how to approach them/how they might differ at their way of thinking to find middle ground easier if any trouble happens, than as rigid and 100% dogmatic knowledge.

I would agree that real people are rarely as type profile level neurotic for most typologies than just Socionics, as well as the culture where the typologist(?) lives in inevitably leads to bias on certain mannerisms they might not realize that is more related to socially learned/adopted behaviour than something as intrinsic for the person, or it is intrinsic but in one case is fully allowed and encouraged to develop while in another devalued by the culture and makes one question worth of their own talents as you mentioned above.

So basically, to me, typology is a tool to see and share patterns in human behaviour and thinking, that is discussed, showed personal anecdotes for from others or refuted by others of supposedly same category that is talked about, trying to connect how and why some things fit and why some doesn't, for the sake of understanding my way of thinking and being better as well as get a better picture of other side too, to get the discussion going on about different points of views so I can both personally grow further and become a more tolerant person.

If one suggestion is wrong or it doesn't apply for that specific case, that's fine. Things can be always refined and at some point I realized that there really is no "completely objective" level of "The Collective Truth TM" a human can reach, and being an organic being myself, as much as I would like to think myself as someone acting rationally and "according to what makes sense", at the end of the day, I am still just as swayed by my emotions and experiences as any other, so no need for a piss race over who is "better" at being "objectively logical" as it is in our current time, something that seems to be socially valued in most countries, a trait of "superiority" though in all honesty most people are just fed up with ones boasting that while being hypocritically unaware of their own subjectivity.

So I would say your point on your thinking and feeling being closer, might be just self awareness over how subjective at the end of the day really is- Introtim/Introverted Thinking, Subjective Thinking, by definition. And yeah, most people who achieve some level of self awareness probably are more well rounded in general, but I see type as something they are used to picking as their way of dealing with the world as their main method, using that mainframe of narrative they stick with throughout their lives, which can change/get altered by experiences, but usually as they get older, with their neuroplasticity settling in to being set/less flexible, it is probably things that actually physically affect their brain or some rather extreme experience that would shake their entire world view based on all their past experiences and thinking patterns they developed until then, so at the end, typology is useful for general purposes if you use it to pick up certain patterns in people rather than expecting them to act like extreme/caricaturized examples that are in most type profiles, is my view of typology stuff in general, if that makes sense?

And I would say that people can get better at things, but again, as they get older it often gets harder to change their thinking patterns/to develop new connections so compared to someone who was honing on that pathway longer, also for some things added with perhaps genetic tendencies, they are unlikely to get as good as such people/get better than them in general, which applies for type weakspots as well. So they can develop, but it is not something they are as likely to marvel at/do as naturally unless they pull themselves through some extreme change in personality/perception/even perhaps personal history they have- everything would need to be reframed and retrained, and that's some massive load with often little to no map even telling you how to do them, so I find type changing sort of things unlikely, but do believe that people can learn circumvent around their weak points/to get at least some competence at them via trial and error to the point of where they can survive, if they need to.
    Last edited by ApeironStella; 12-21-2018 at 12:32 PM.

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see the blurred lines too, so much - people end up like huge random messes of functional nonsense.

The truth is life asks all functions out of everyone depending on circumstances. One cannot just "ego function" their whole life, dual or not, and even with a dual, the duo is not stitched together, there will be time where both will have to use their weak functions while stranded out in the world. Having a dual around is a way to learn by witnessing, imo, and there is no need to fuck them to learn from them.
    Anyhoo, I think that a person has function preferences at least, and that by being very often in situation that calls for their weak functions can make them pretty decent at emulating said weak functions, though they will not grow from it, more likely fall into despair.
    I have found that there is a sense of "right" in learning to put oneself in more situation that require one's prefered functions, doesn't mean one suddenly cannot "weak function" anymore, though it seem preferable to leave that to other people who actually are better at it than one, and focus on what one is better at.

Everyone has feelings, has a logic, a need for imagination and possibilities, can enjoy endulging in the senses... it's human.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Anglas
    By a photo and a behavior mb EIE.
    Types himself as LIE, what is close.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    My logic definitely has its bounds, I have noted. I get very nice ideas how to think about things but then I also end up noticing that I might need someone with bit more precision if it gets purely formalized. That is to say that my logic is foremost approximate and selective with good precision.
    Nice way of saying im not LII then going to say ur LII anyway

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Nice way of saying im not LII then going to say ur LII anyway
    You should meet Type Police yourself.

Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 12-26-2018 at 11:52 PM.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

wtf is this shit

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For the record

@Karatos LSE-Te

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

wtf is this shit
    Something similar what should happen to you. Just check up your diapers and you'll find Se ego poop there.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Something similar what should happen to you. Just check up your diapers and you'll find Se ego poop there.
    But if im Se ego i wont have diapers?

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

But if im Se ego i wont have diapers?
    Just because you have Se ego does not exclude you not having numerous medical problems.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just because you have Se ego does not exclude you not having numerous medical problems.
    Ok diaperboy

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    @Karatos LSE-Te
    Fe valued he is

wtf is this shit
    mb your contrary (SEI)

Holy Inquisition will save you all

Last edited by Sol; 12-30-2018 at 06:57 PM.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe valued he is

mb your contrary (SEI)

Lol
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fe valued he is

mb your contrary (SEI)

Im ESI now?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    SEE. The contrary to SEI is SEE.
    but he typed me ILE man

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

the reply on the touchy pm

@Viktor
    your mind and soul are black
    the reason you fool yourself and others about your type
    and behave inadequately, in general

but there is always a hope that you'll accept the light of the truth and become some lighter inside

wbr

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Viktor
    there is nothing bad to be not SLE. you'll adopt to this idea. or you have higher risk for inappropriate use of Socionics

you seem too emotional and having the lack of reason to be T. the SLE I know IRL are more serious people than you
    you behave like a teenager. it's how I often perceive F types, having base T

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I find Sol's criteria interestingly biased. For example being emotional [if it even serves the criteria for type determination as anyone can have their emotions out of whack and same goes for being argumentative]. I can say that people have said that they have no clue about my emotional life as it seems to exists somewhere else which is very far away from any sort of direct contact with other mortals.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@eko
    You seems communicated with Viktor IRL. You may add about the possibility of he to have F type.
    I see his behavior on the forum as significantly differing from what T types are. But, generally, I prefer to have also nonverbal to be sure, what needs a video for better results.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I can confirm that when I talked with Viktor he was writing poems, love letters and wanted to hug via audio. He also consumed entire box of tissues while he was reviewing his love life. He also mentioned that 1+1=3 or 4 if he feels so. He also said that if Sol had ovaries (which could be the case) he would have huge crush on that person.

or maybe not
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I can confirm that when I talked with Viktor he was writing poems, love letters and wanted to hug via audio. He also consumed entire box of tissues while he was reviewing his love life. He also mentioned that 1+1=3 or 4 if he feels so. He also said that if Sol had ovaries (which could be the case) he would have huge crush on that person.

or maybe not
    These SLE's...... So sentimental.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I want Viktor to sing me a ballad while playing Dark Souls now.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is funny.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Viktor seems Fi PoLR and not ILE, so... SLE
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)