TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post

What about F looks desirable?
    I'm trying to give some encouragement here, but imagine I'm sucking ass at it. If roles were reversed, I'm sure you'd be doing a lot better. That's what looks desirable about F.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, suggestive wants the clarity.
    suggestive really gets bumped up by emotional expression. It is quite easy to make LSI's laugh if you want it. Yes, it seems so - even for me.
    suggestive needs the depth of purpose for pretty much anything. It is not so hard to make them go to trance like state. Speak with deep wisdom and they are hooked.
    suggestive is also like like a kid in amusement park at first. "Wow! It could be like this" and I nod.
    suggestive. Do something that makes things to progress. Improve efficiency. They pretty much jump around you out of gratitude.

Suggestive is like a little child with simple needs when things get initialized.

It really works just look for buttons and where you can press them.

Did socionics made me manipulative?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Though...I should say that EIE is one of the only two reasonable typings for Bertrand. I am a bit surprised he is raising it as an option now after coming up with the absurd typings of the past, albeit "in Model G".
    what is the other typing?

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    I'm trying to give some encouragement here, but imagine I'm sucking ass at it. If roles were reversed, I'm sure you'd be doing a lot better. That's what looks desirable about F.
    Okay, maybe as an F person, I’m pretty good at imparting the information that’s most relevant to the recipient because it’s based on feeling out their motivation to know. The number of motivations a person can have is finite. People are complex, but not as complex as we tell ourselves we are.

But I am not so good at manipulating information away from humanistic concerns, and I always strive to get better at it. A fair chunk of the time, I feel pretty dumb and have to be actively reminded I’m not.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, maybe as an F person, I’m pretty good at imparting the information that’s most relevant to the recipient because it’s based on feeling out their motivation to know. The number of motivations a person can have is finite. People are complex, but not as complex as we tell ourselves we are.
    I suck ass at this and practically need an instruction booklet to figure out what to say to people, because in my mind, the possibilities go into infinity.

But I am not so good at manipulating information away from humanistic concerns, and I always strive to get better at it. A fair chunk of the time, I feel pretty dumb and have to be actively reminded I’m not.
    You're not dumb.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    I suck ass at this and practically need an instruction booklet to figure out what to say to people, because in my mind, the possibilities go into infinity.
    A useful resource along these lines is called The Human Givens. I’ve tried to recommend it to people many times and gotten no interest except from a neuroscientist.

https://www.amazon.com/Human-Givens-.../dp/1899398317

You're not dumb.
    Thanks. I figured you’d think I was on a fishing expedition and say that. The thing that helps me most is to be in environments and situations where I actually can use my intellect, and then I find out it works just fine.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A useful resource along these lines is called The Human Givens. I’ve tried to recommend it to people many times and gotten no interest except from a neuroscientist.
    Thanks!

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@golden

Whenever I see your username, I think of the Golden Syrup Song:

Stick it on, Lick it off,
    1 - 2 - 3!
    Golden Syrup is for me!

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you explain why you see it this way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    what is the other typing?
    -Bertrand seems very much focused on getting a reaction rather than conveying any kind of coherent thought process. He has openly admitted that a lot of what he writes is just BS. And he's not at all averse to being annoying and messing with people to this end. However he is not exactly "aggressive" or strong-willed either, in most cases.
    -His very elaborate style of communication is a pretty typical for Beta NFs (though not universal) - he seems allergic to simplicity

I used to think he was EIE, but his video made him seem a lot more low-energy than you might guess from how much he writes. So I tend to think IEI now.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

look my BS has to be coherent otherwise I wouldn't get the reaction, this isn't your 5 year old coloring this is jackson pollock at work

also I don't feel much like a positivist. saying im introverted defaults back to social stereotyping

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    look my BS has to be coherent otherwise I wouldn't get the reaction
    This doesn't really follow. Sure, it has to have coherent elements, but BS that's incoherent on the whole tends to get plenty of reactions. Just look at Yahoo answers.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

actually it follows if you want to not troll randomly and actually have a direction in mind, which I do. like I said im not just throwing shit at a wall. the method is imperceptible to many, which is why I try not to feel too insulted by being called a troll. its the same kind of shit dads see when they look at pollock. based on your hairline I don't blame you

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually it follows if you want to not troll randomly and actually have a direction in mind, which I do. like I said im not just throwing shit at a wall. the method is imperceptible to many, which is why I try not to feel too insulted by being called a troll. its the same kind of shit dads see when they look at pollock. based on your hairline I don't blame you
    Just because you intend to accomplish something doesn't mean you accomplish it effectively.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Few of the statements in your comments have a direct relation to each other. This tells me that you are uncomfortable with pure logic (this is reasoning that moves from causes to effects, like: if we assume that every trait is in proportion, women with big breasts are more likely to have big butts also).

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So, say we were to assemble a random group of say 100 topless women, and below the waist their bodies were obscured by a shade, I think it would be fair to assume that if their bodies all followed a similar curve (due to the proportionality) that the ass circumference would be superior on the women whose breasts were most pleasant to the eyes.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

https://socioniks.net/article/?id=115

Sensory comfort

S

Conformism

Business logic

P

Work, benefits, profits, money

one of my early mistakes was trying to "rehabilitate", I think, Te, because of conflicting perceptions on what it entailed... the thing I like about Gulenko is that he puts the whole thing in a way clearer framework.. in a lot of ways it preserves my underlying reality sense, but it just moves the labels around, but it does so in a way that makes those labels clear and consistent. so there's not this battle over what it means to be gamma or beta, etc. He's got it nailed down. I used to think Te wasn't "money" per se, because in classical socionics its not. but if you just accept that in G it is, it makes things so much easier. its no slight on the people, because the "gammas" whose honor you wanted to defend, are not gamma anymore if they don't value those things, they simply get shifted over into a different quadra, etc. in this way he's crafted a framework that is simple and elegant and doesn't have the same ideological confusions arising out of it that other models do

in law school I see this very clearly: how people perceive the legal profession. The Ti types see it more as justice as an ideal, and the Si Te types see it more as a job where you learn the rules not to change them but to profit by applying them when people come to consult you about them. they each develop their own understanding of the body of laws, but the Ti types want to mold the laws to improve the global needs of people, whereas the Te types want to use the laws primarily to benefit themselves and their families etc. in delta especially, this means not changing them, just pinning them down so they don't need to re-learn anything but can simply rely on their knowledge to produce reliable profits as people ask them "what if.." x or y etc. Ti types do the same thing, but their stake in it is more ideological, they're asking themselves if x what does that mean for everyone in time and how should be structure xy and z in order to produce an overall fair result on a global scale. you see this most obviously when they structure the rules governing financial institutions themselves. if you don't take a systemic approach to rules governing acquisition of wealth inevitably any profitable domain becomes susceptible to regulatory capture, where since the rule is man-against-man simply tweaking the rules for one's own (via kickbacks from corporations) benefit is fair game. thus you get the Trump version of the EPA and so forth (this is more Te Ni, not Si)
    Last edited by Bertrand; 10-04-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bertrand isn't an intentional troll, he's just an unintentional troll.

I think a lot of the "BS" that he writes is just him being deliberately obscure and convoluted so that he won't be criticized for his positions and be proven wrong by muddling issues.

So this whole thing basically stems from being a narcissist who can't admit that he's wrong, who thinks that he's a misunderstood genius, not that any of this stems from being a "type" or from any of the "functions". He just piles on lies on top of lies and BS on top of BS, which increasingly become even more convoluted and incoherent.

A lot of the stuff Bertrand writes just goes beyond his own intellectual capabilities. A stupid person talking about complex issues will sound muddled, incoherent and convoluted. He's a compensating narcissist. He will attempt to justify this by saying he doesn't value "Ti" or whatever, but he just doesn't value intelligence. Some may mistake his convoluted style of writing as being "deep" or "intellectual". But it's strictly anti-intellectual.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I do value Ti though... I also feel bad because I have an ILI instructor I like, but I wonder if she thinks I'm a narcissist because we often debate and miscommunicate. I think Fe polr types think everything is emotional manipulation when its like they are legit cognitive processes that shouldn't be discounted a priori

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think i might be SLI. The problem is i'm very good at rationalizing almost every perspective and to create groundworks for every socionics position in relation to the IE/IR. I 'play' certain types to see how they fit and discover modes of thinking that correspond with types. I must have RP'ed almost every type in the socion by now

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for my late answer.
    It might be, though I like T so much that I am okay with Te also.
    My take on this: It's the part of supplemental seeking in ourselves. We're all trying to improve the immature aspects of us.
    If the weakness of a person is thinking we are trying to improve this aspect by interacting with people whose strength is thinking
    and if the weakness of a person is value judgement... you already know the conclusion, I guess.

What about F looks desirable?
    Understanding the motivations of other people. This is a weakness of myself.
    It seems to me it's a missing part of me.
    Last edited by WinnieW; 10-07-2018 at 01:58 AM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Understanding the motivations of other people. This is a weakness of myself.
    It seems to me it's a missing part of me.
    This response helped me, because I had a college boyfriend I type LII and remained friends with. Apart from mutual immaturity, one of the things I struggled with was what I thought was his misconstrual of my intentions. I hadn’t thought of it quite the way you put it, and I don’t think he’d have been able to know that was a weakness of his at the time. It feels less personal and painful to examine it in the terms you used.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFGDoomer View Post
    I think i might be SLI. The problem is i'm very good at rationalizing almost every perspective and to create groundworks for every socionics position in relation to the IE/IR. I 'play' certain types to see how they fit and discover modes of thinking that correspond with types. I must have RP'ed almost every type in the socion by now
    For some reason I thought the username was inspired by Per Mertesacker at first, are you a football fan and arsenal fan in particular ?

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@golden.
    is quite personal detached, so you might receive an answer that isn't very adapted to your value system.

I wasn't that skilled at reading the intentions of other people either, but I recognized the emotions other persons expressed quite well... but the intentions of other people was like a foreign language to me.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is getting somewhere interesting. I think when you see LII jumping to conclusions about people you will realize that they are entering into dangerous territory. It is like their Ne is for getting ideas and not so much to take new perspectives (EII will fall into territory of taking way too many naive perspectives). Remaining objective when you are primarily subjective can be a challenge.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hag 2 View Post
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    whats interesting is how this relates to the idea of "Benefit shift". the idea of that iirc is when we are "good" ("on a high"; not really like a "mood", but rather being in a good headspace), we act like our Benefactor. i took this idea further and speculated to myself "when we are "bad" (bad headspace) we act like our Beneficiary".

you said LII jumping to conclusion is sign of "bad", it just so happens LII's Beneficiary is SLI (is there any more simple/closeminded type than SLI? fuck you if you want to be an idiot and argue yes)
    *cuts my wrists, takes antidepressants, thinks about end of the world and questions meaning of life*

Sounds OK.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@golden.
    is quite personal detached, so you might receive an answer that isn't very adapted to your value system.

I wasn't that skilled at reading the intentions of other people either, but I recognized the emotions other persons expressed quite well... but the intentions of other people was like a foreign language to me.
    This is really interesting, thank you for sharing this.

I have observed with LII, they sometimes read too much into people's intentions. My father is LII, he usually has this habit of doing "you did this thing because you secretly have ulterior motives. I know it and you can't convince me otherwise." Then if I explain myself he doesn't listen. He does however, respond well to forceful emotions. I think he understands people's emotions if they're obvious enough. Otherwise he struggles with it. I didn't think this was something a lot of LIIs experienced...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    This is really interesting, thank you for sharing this.

I have observed with LII, they sometimes read too much into people's intentions. My father is LII, he usually has this habit of doing "you did this thing because you secretly have ulterior motives. I know it and you can't convince me otherwise." Then if I explain myself he doesn't listen.
    That isn't typical LII behavior. Sounds more like ESI on the face of it, tbh.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not too sure, I keep changing on my typing for him. He's too much of an enigma for me to pin down...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheUltimateDJ391 View Post
    For some reason I thought the username was inspired by Per Mertesacker at first, are you a football fan and arsenal fan in particular ?
    No, it's a videogame-inspired name.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typical or not, I did experience something like it with the LII mentioned above. I might not phrase it quite like pano did, because he didn’t speak so bluntly. But I could easily see from his face (where his eyes went) and words what he was thinking. Usually he thought I wanted something more from him than I did.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have observed with LII, they sometimes read too much into people's intentions.
    Maybe, but I can only speak for myself. I'm usually not judgemental about it.

My father is LII, he usually has this habit of doing "you did this thing because you secretly have ulterior motives. I know it and you can't convince me otherwise."
    I doubt that this is a typical LII behavoir. I can't speak for other LII, but I value too much to consider a single cause only.

Then if I explain myself he doesn't listen. He does however, respond well to forceful emotions.
    Ignoring new information, settle on a final conclusion – single-minded style – doesn't seem very typical LII to me.

On the other hand... there are emotional states in me which makes me very sensitive to emotions other people express – a negative aspect of being sensitive.
    Last edited by WinnieW; 10-07-2018 at 12:01 PM.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typical or not, I did experience something like it with the LII mentioned above... Usually he thought I wanted something more from him than I did.
    That might be a weak point, at least at younger age for LII. Don't know for sure how close or far I'm to other people.
    In my experience it's getting better... personal growth is the key.
    Last edited by WinnieW; 10-07-2018 at 12:02 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typical or not, I did experience something like it with the LII mentioned above. I might not phrase it quite like pano did, because he didn’t speak so bluntly. But I could easily see from his face (where his eyes went) and words what he was thinking. Usually he thought I wanted something more from him than I did.
    Sure, it's not impossible for an LII but it's ultimately stemming from Fi/Ni / a negative reaction to Fe, which of course would be more typical of other types.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some good or bad behaviours might be just amplified by type, but caused by upbringing and the accumulated experiences in life.
    Seeing the type of a person as the main cause for their behaviour might be to wrong perspective.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe, but I can only speak for myself. I'm usually not judgemental about it.
    My dad isn't always like this either. He's typically chill and looks so harmless. But there are times when he can kind of view people as a threat even if we're not trying to be that way. Typically, if something offends him he tends to not say anything, just mulls it over. He's scared of conflict in a way, but what he does just makes things worse. I can usually see his reactions coming but it's a struggle for him to get along with my mom.

I doubt that this is a typical LII behavoir. I can't speak for other LII, but I value too much to consider a single cause only.
    Uhh Idk, I don't know my dad well enough to chime in on here. He really is a very sweet man, and usually just a cinnamon roll of a person. I guess I just represented his worst moments.

Ignoring new information, settle on a final conclusion – single-minded style – doesn't seem very typical LII to me.
    That's not his typical style either, it's probably just poor representation on my part.

On the other hand... there are emotional states in me which makes me very sensitive to emotions other people express – a negative aspect of being sensitive.
    He's influenced by other people's emotions. His emotional reactions are subdued and I can pick up on it fairly well. My mother is an EII, it's funny because they see each other as cold and distant. My dad seems to want to be reassured by my mom, but she's totally not going to do that lol and it just seems to aggravate him more. They're an unhealthy couple. I would say my dad is a bit healthier than my mom.

I don't live with my dad, so I don't know him well, but he seems to fit the LII profile fairly well... But I'm not committed to that being his type or anything. He seems like a rational logical type, with poor Se, I guess that's why I have him as LII.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some good or bad behaviours might be just amplified by type, but caused by upbringing and the accumulated experiences in life.
    Seeing the type of a person as the main cause for their behaviour might be to wrong perspective.
    I completely agree with this! I've seen people say things like "I hate this one type" but imo, if they're being objective, they wouldn't say that. I can find positive qualities even in my conflictor. I have my mother as EII, but I don't think for a moment her abusive personality comes from her being an EII. She's just a terrible person, and she happens to be an EII. It doesn't really affect how I see other members of the type. If anything, it means that I should actively avoid using her behavior as a reference to type other people I may think are EIIs.

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where is Bertrand's vid?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guillaine View Post
    where is Bertrand's vid?
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...d/page44/#1748

Have fun. : 3

... is it creepy I remember the exact page/thread of this...

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lilith iris View Post

Not creepy at all.

I had my fingers slammed in a car door once. I remember exactly where they were at the time.

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lilith iris View Post

Thanks Lilith.

Bertrand I think IEI. I know you don't like enneagram but do you type as 4w5? or 9?

I can definitely see why you could type as LIE though, lots of Ni coming through.
    Last edited by Guillaine; 10-08-2018 at 02:48 AM.