Thread: World political figures

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default World political figures

in this thread, post & discuss typings of world political figures - leaders in government, international organizations, militaries, etc.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

some love between anti-Western Beta dictators who refer to each other as "brother"

Alexander Lukashenko (LSI/Beta)
    President - Belarus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Lukashenko
    http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Alexander_Lukashenko

"Europe's last dictator"
    My position and the state will never allow me to become a dictator, but an authoritarian style of rule is characteristic of me, and I have always admitted it. You need to control the country, and the main thing is not to ruin people's lives. (2003 Aug)
    [Lukashenko] warned that anyone joining an opposition protest would be treated as a "terrorist", adding: "We will wring their necks, as one might a duck".

Hugo Chávez (SLE)
    President - Venezuela

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Chávez
    http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Hugo_Chávez

Chávez on Lukashenko's Belarus:
    We see here a model social state like the one we are beginning to create. (2006 Jul 25)
    I have found yet another friend here. And with such a friend we will together form a team, like a soccer team. This will be a fighting team. (2006 Jul 25)

http://rt.com/politics/lukashenko-be...-venezuela-851
    Presidents Aleksandr Lukashenko and Hugo Chavez have confirmed their readiness to develop strategic partnership between Belarus and Venezuela in spite of pressure by “enemies.”

The two leaders met on Tuesday in Caracas which resulted in the signing of over 20 deals in energy, agriculture, housing and gas sectors.

“We will meet in several years and talks about new projects to spite our foes and enemies, no one will stop us on this path. That’s my answer to everyone who has doubts about what we are doing,” Lukashenko said summing the results of the talks.
    Lukashenko underlined that “unlike some others,” Belarusians are in the South American country “as brothers rather than colonizers.”

“You must know…that our state will do anything that my friend Chavez asks for,” the President stressed, as cited by Interfax.

http://vivirlatino.com/2008/07/24/hu...her-mother.php
    Belarussian President Alexander Lukashenko, described by Chavez as a “brother”, has long railed against the influence of the United States in world affairs. Western nations accuse him of flouting freedom of speech and assembly in 14 years in power.

“We are struggling against the same adversary — U.S. imperialism, against countries which serve as lackeys of that imperialism,” Chavez said after receiving the “Friendship of Nations” award from the Belarussian leader.

“We are winning, but a long battle still lies ahead. The hegemonist aims have collapsed. American imperialism will continue to fall.”

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool thread glammy

what type is Mark Rutte?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Rutte

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I request bullshit "statistics" about what quadras are more likely to be the ones "in charge". This means figureheads of (pseudo)democratic governments, famous bankers, authoritarian and religious leaders.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ah i've been trying to type him for a while now & i can't feel sure. perhaps Serious quadra. do you have a typing?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj would be my guess.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    I request bullshit "statistics" about what quadras are more likely to be the ones "in charge". This means figureheads of (pseudo)democratic governments, famous bankers, authoritarian and religious leaders.
    i'd guess you'd see a high amount of Decisive types (excluding IEI), Alpha NT, and Delta extraverts.

totally bullshitting here, as requested.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    i'd guess you'd see a high amount of Decisive types (excluding IEI), Alpha NT, and Delta extraverts.
    It makes only sense. Yhe ones that are decisive have a vision. People like visionaries. The further their lies go, the more credible the statement gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    totally bullshitting here, as requested.
    What I've said might have a grain of truth but it is bullshit deriving from bullshit. For the former, I am gracious. For the latter, I am ever doubtful.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    Ti-ILE, 6w5- sp.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eduardo Paes - Ti-SLE

"Eduardo Paes (Brazilian Portuguese: [eˈdwaʁdu dɐ ˈkɔstɐ pɐjs]) (born 14 November 1969) is a Brazilian politician who is currently the mayor of the city of Rio de Janeiro, having defeated Fernando Gabeira in the 2008 Elections."

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luciforms View Post
    Eduardo Paes - Ti-SLE

"Eduardo Paes (Brazilian Portuguese: [eˈdwaʁdu dɐ ˈkɔstɐ pɐjs]) (born 14 November 1969) is a Brazilian politician who is currently the mayor of the city of Rio de Janeiro, having defeated Fernando Gabeira in the 2008 Elections."
    Looks more ILE to me *shrug* No clue who he is, but reminds me of former user Eldanen.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ti-ILE, 6w5- sp.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It Makes Sense

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

South/Central American figures

Lula - SEI

Dilma - ILE or SLE ti subtype

Michelle Bachelet LII

Jose Mujica EII or SEI

Rafael Correa SLE Se subtype, maybe EIE or SEE

Evo Morales SLE Se subtype, Maybe SEE

Daniel Ortega SLE or LSI

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think Paes is SEE, political chameleon who uses favors and personal charm to attain power.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post

Lula - SEI
    I think SEE is more likely.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    I think SEE is more likely.
    Why?

I think almost for sure he is Dilma's dual, Lula is an individual that is largely a peace maker, coalition builder, one of the reasons he's been so successful in Brazil a very divided country.

Dilma is almost entirely the opposite, a pragmatic technocrat with no tact and fierce resolve to modernize the country's infrastructure. She is politically motivated without any of the political ambitions, she never won a single public election and was a policy technician until Dilma picked her to run the country after he left office.

Quote Originally Posted by Interview
    The criticism one often hears of Brazil's foreign policy is that curiously you seem to be closer friends with some authoritarian regimes than with Obama, for example. And Obama is the president of the United States who probably agrees most with your world vision. But in general, it's that Brazil could be a moral force to defend human rights and democracy around the world. You never criticise Chavez, who is elected, it's true, but is not governing in a particularly democratic way. You're a good friend of the Castros and of Ahmadinejad. What do you say to that?

President: By saying that those who are enemies are unable to build peace. On 21st January, 2003, I had been 21 days in office when I went to the inauguration of President Gutiérrez in Ecuador, and there I met Chávez and Fidel Castro. Chavez was in a difficult situation, still experiencing repercussions from the recent coup against him. I proposed to him that we could set up a Group of Friends to solve the problem of democracy in Venezuela. Somebody has to talk.

In politics, you can't put you feet up and think: “I'm not going to talk to anybody. My adviser's going to talk to them.” That's not how to do politics. There was a time when Stalin, Churchill and Roosevelt sat at a table, ordered fine Cognac, a good whisky, and made decisions and solved the world's problems. Today there are more people, more lead artists and a bigger supporting cast, so there must be more politics, more talking.

When I proposed that the US should join the Group of Friends of Venezuela, Chávez didn't want it. And Chávez was in New York, we brought them here to Brazil to show him that it was important that not only the US but Spain, with Aznar, which had been the first country to recognise the coup, should be in the Group of Friends. I said to Chávez: “You know why they have to be in it. The Group of Friends must have credibility with your opposition.” Then the Carter Foundation participated and we had an electoral process in Venezuela.

I think democracy is making progress, all over the continent and in Venezuela. I think Raúl Castro has given hints that he wants to do something. Now, they are a very small country and very impoverished. But not even Guantánamo was settled.

Look, I'm going to tell you something: if there was anyone on the planet you was made happy by Obama's victory, it was me. For me, Obama in the US was the same thing as Lula in Brazil, the same thing as Mandela in South Africa, the same thing as Evo Morales [in Bolivia]. I think Evo Morales's election was extraordinary. Wow! It was a country governed by someone who didn't even speak Spanish, he spoke English, and all of a sudden it elected an Indian to be president. You want something more fantastic than that? When the US elected Obama, I said there's a revolution in the whole world, a black man has been elected. It was fantastic. I'm rooting for Obama every day, to be the best president, to keep going, because it's a historic example. So I talk to everyone, I'm everyone's friend. I'll talk to everyone, I'll be friends with everyone. I don't make distinctions based on my personal relationships, I act as a head of state. As head of state I maintains cordial relations with the whole world. I don't treat anyone in a second-rate way.
    I think this is the best summary of why Lula has been so successful in politics, he is able to maintain friendly and cordial relationships between Brazil and other countries despite personal feelings, and by doing this he has amassed a large popularity in his own country and around the world. If Lulu was going off of personal feelings and relationships, he would be with Obama entirely.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Boyko Borisov - SLE
    Prime Minister, Bulgaria

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boyko_Borisov

Between 1982 and 1990, he assumed different positions in the Ministry of Internal Affairs as a firefighter and later as a professor at the Police Academy in Sofia. As a National Security Office member, Borisov took part in the protection of crops and haylofts during the name-changing campaign towards ethnic Turks in the 1980s. He quit the Ministry in 1990. In 1991 he founded a private security company, Ipon-1, and later guarded personalities like Todor Zhivkov and Simeon II. Borisov has been actively participating in karate championships since 1978, serving as the coach of the Bulgarian national team and a referee of international matches. He currently has a 7th dan black belt in karate and is the chairman of the Bulgarian Karate Federation. Borisov has also been a coach for the Bulgarian national karate team for many years.
    Boyko Borisov's "man of the people" attitude and the failings of the previous government have been seen as the main sources of his popularity.
    Borisov's hardline governing style has received criticism, described by some as authoritarian.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Vladislav Surkov - LII-Ne sp/sx 6w5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladislav_Surkov

1999 - 2011: First Deputy of the Chief of the Russian Presidential Administration
    2011 - current: Deputy Prime Minister

Considered to be one of the main ideologist of current Russian regime and the architect of the current Russian political system, often described as "sovereign democracy" or "managed democracy". He is also said to have contributed greatly to the electoral victory of President Vladimir Putin in 2004. He mostly keeps out of the limelight and pulls strings from behind the scenes, prompting the media to dub him as the "grey cardinal" of Kremlin.

Mikhail Prokhorov - LIE-Ni so/sp 7w8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Prokhorov

The 7th richest man in Russia and 57th worldwide, made his fortune and his name in the precious metals sector. In 2011 he has declared his intent to run as a candidate in Russian 2012 Presidential elections. Political drama ensued:

In May 2011, Prokhorov announced a plan to join the leadership of the Russian pro-business political party Right Cause. While not antagonistic to the Kremlin, the party was seen as likely to support President Dmitry Medvedev rather than Prime Minister Vladimir Putin if the latter entered the 2012 presidential race. In June, Prokhorov was elected to the leadership of the party at the Right Cause Party Congress of 2011. At the acceptance ceremony, Prokhorov officially criticized the present ruling tandem of Medvedev-Putin, the structure of Russia, and vowed to bring Russia back to a stable development course. However, in September, Prokhorov reversed course and resigned from Right Cause, "condemning it as a 'puppet Kremlin party' micromanaged by a 'puppet master' in the president's office ..., Vladislav Y. Surkov".
    In December 2011 though he was back in the polls and gathered 8% vote in March. In June of this year he founded his own party called Party of the Civic Platform.

Roman Abramovich - SLI-Si sp/so

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Abramovich

Not particularly involved in politics but nevertheless an influential figure - "9th richest person in Russia and the 68th richest person in the world, according to the 2012 Forbes list, with an estimated fortune of US$19.6 billion". In 2011 he was involved in some litigations with with Boris Berezovsky (SEE), a former close associate, winning the case against Berezovsky with US$6.5 billion.

In 2012 Berezovsky lost a High Court case he brought against Roman Abramovich in London over the ownership of Sibneft, where he sought over £3 billion in damages. The court judged Berezovsky as an "inherently unreliable" witness, who "regarded truth as a transitory, flexible concept, which could be moulded to suit his current purposes" and that "At times the evidence which he gave was deliberately dishonest; sometimes he was clearly making his evidence up as he went along in response to the perceived difficulty in answering the questions." The court concluded that Berezovsky had never been a co-owner of Sibneft.

Boris Berezovsky - SEE-Fi sp/so

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_B..._(businessman)

Russian businessman, mathematician [so much for Ti-PoLR lolz], member of Russian Academy of Sciences, and a former government official and Deputy in the Duma. He is often described as a Russian oligarch. Although once a supporter of Vladimir Putin, Berezovsky clashed with the new president soon after his election in 2000 and remains a vocal critic. He was at the height of his power in the later Yeltsin years, when he was deputy secretary of Russia's security council, a friend of Boris Yeltsin's influential daughter Tatyana, and a member of the Yeltsin "family" (inner circle).

Berezovsky made his fortune during Russia's privatisation of state property.[13] He profited from the privatisation of the Sibneft oil company and became the principal shareholder in the country's main television channel, Channel One. In 1997 Forbes Magazine estimated Berezovsky's wealth at US$3 billion.
    Last edited by silke; 07-06-2015 at 05:33 AM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two of my favorites that few people know about.

Lee Hsien Loong, prime minister of Singapore - ILE.

Antanas Mockus, mayor of Bogota around 2002 - LII.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, labcoat, I changed my mind about Geert Wilders and Corneliu-Vadim Tudor: while I still believe they are the same type (they are very similar in personality and appearance, too), I currently think they are EIE, not IEE, and I'm pretty convinced of it.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wrong.

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK then...

Traian Basescu, Romanian president - LIE:

Crin Antonescu, PNL leader - EIE:

Victor Ponta, Romanian Prime-Minister - ILE:

Mihai Razvan Ungureanu, ex Prime-Minister of Romania - SLI:

So, what do you have to say, The Ineffable?

TIM
    Ti-ILE, 6w5- sp.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Lula is ESE and Dilma LII. Both are Alpha - for sure.
    -
    "Sérgio de Oliveira Cabral Santos Filho (born January 27, 1963), is a Brazilian politician and journalist.
    In the 2006 Brazilian general elections, he was elected governor of the state of Rio de Janeiro; he was sworn into office on January 1, 2007.
    "

IEE? SEE?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neverthesame View Post
    So, what do you have to say, The Ineffable?
    I fully disagree with Ponta. He is stereotypically SEE. Then:
    - Băsescu: SLE or ILE;
    - Antonescu: ESE

Then:
    Elena Udrea: SLE

Not sure about Emil Boc, but he is likely ILI:

Oh, and mister Gigi - God Bless Steaua! - Becali: 101% IEE
    You may argue with me about anything, just not a about Becali's type .

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@The Ineffable

You're right about Ponta. OMG, he's SEE! Obvious is obvious!

My initial typing of Traian Basescu was ILE, then changed to LIE. Whatever.

Elena Udrea - I suspected LSE, but SLE might fit better.

Dunno about Boc.

As for Gigi Becali, I thought maybe SEE? But IEE is a real possibility. Whatever he is, he's the SUPERFUNNY type, that's for sure...

Thanks for the brainstorming session, it was ggggreat!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neverthesame View Post
    As for Gigi Becali, I thought maybe SEE? But IEE is a real possibility. Whatever he is, he's the SUPERFUNNY type, that's for sure...
    Yeah, I love him ). I don't think being cultivated is necessary to be likeable, in his case the most common argument for disliking him is this one, I'm not aware of anything else. His religiousness and quirks aside, I think he is truly funny and has good intentions. (though I wouldn't vote for him)

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mugur Isarescu, Governor of Romania's National Bank, ex Prime-Minister 1999-2000: ILI

I just pulled that typing out of the hat, based on the very well founded impression he resembles an ex class-mate of mine from school, whom I type ILI. So it's basically VI + the general info on him.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

madrid_miguel.jpg

Miguel de la Madrid Hurtado - President of Mexico 1982-1988
    IEI

salinas_carlos.jpg

Carlos Salinas de Gortari - President of Mexico 1988-1994
    EIE

Presidente+Ernesto+Zedillo.jpg

Ernesto Zedillo Ponce de León - President of Mexico 1994-2000
    LII

presidente_fox.jpg

Vicente Fox Quesada - President of Mexico 2000-2006
    EII

225px-Felipe_Calderon_banda.jpg

Felipe Calderón Hionojosa - President of Mexico 2006-2012
    LSI

pena-nieto.jpg

Enrique Peña Nieto - President of Mexico 2012-2018
    IEI

amlo.jpg

Andres Manuel López Obrador - Two times presidential candidate (2006, 2012)
    EIE

marcelo-ebrard-2gg0.jpg

Marcelo Ebrard Casaubon - Governor of D. F. (Mexico City) Likely the next presidential candidate of the left for 2018
    SLE

I know types for many other local politicians, just not sure if it's of interest for people around here.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

assorted EU leaders - not entirely sure of all of them, could be convinced of other typings.

Angela Merkel - LSI
    Chancellor of Germany

Francois Hollande - ILE
    President of France

David Cameron - SEE
    PM of the United Kingdom

Matteo Renzi - SEE
    PM of Italy

Yanis Varoufakis - ILE
    Finance Minister of Greece
    His Twitter bio: "Economics professor, quietly writing obscure academic texts for years, until thrust onto the public scene by Europe's inane handling of an inevitable crisis"

Ewa Kopacz - LII
    PM of Poland

Mark Rutte - LSE
    PM of the Netherlands

Helle Thorning-Schmidt - LIE
    Former PM of Denmark (stepped down a week ago)

Pedro Passos Coelho - LIE
    PM of Portugal

Dalia Grybauskaite - LSI
    President of Lithuania
    Interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmRq2ckeosU

Donald Tusk - LIE
    President of the European Council, former PM of Poland

Martin Schulz - SEI
    President of the European Parliament

Christine Lagarde - LSI
    Managing Director of the IMF, former Finance Minister of France

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hussein al Shahristani --- LII
    Iraqi Minister of Energy (now Education)

I know that I'mma get flamed for this, but Ayatollah Khomeini was an LII too.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mu4 View Post

Jose Mujica EII or SEI
    Quote Originally Posted by mu4 View Post

Rafael Correa SLE Se subtype, maybe EIE or SEE
    Both Mujica and Correa are fellow IEEs.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Hassan Nasrallah is SLE. Side note: he's led the most disciplined and effective resistance movement against Israel since... ever. He has a reputation of exactly following through on what he says he'll do.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, Hollande is ILI, Cameron LSE and Renzi IEE
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.