Thread: LIIs and SLEs intellectual independence and not liking to adopt others' views

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LIIs and SLEs intellectual independence and not liking to adopt others' views

There are both good and bad things about the LIIs and SLEs independence of thought. The good is that they're among the most independent in the socion; they usually don't need help, I admire them for that.

The bad is that they really seem to hate adopting others' views or opinions, and they often wind up being wrong because of that... they tend to hold onto their views no matter how incorrect they are and not likely to accept what others' say as true or even quick to sort through what they already know to verify whether someone else's statement is true. At the same time, they sometimes change their minds, but it seems out of sympathy or emotional states more than factual operation.

Has anyone else noticed that?

Anyway, I'm pretty opinionated and I would rather go by my own experience, but I do accept others' views and opinions sometimes, although at other times (e.g., about me thinking the effects of the patent system and that it should be abolished and never replaced with anything at the federal level) I'm pretty rigid. I'm often aware that I could be wrong; not 100% of the time.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Seems smart to always go by your own experiences since you are living your life and nobody else etc. People that always need the approval of what everybody else thinks or says really annoys me/clashes with me. Changing your opinion based on emotion and not fact isn't a big deal to me either- proves that they are real humans with feelings and not heartless robots or something? lol. This thing is probably a Te valuing thing really I think and how Gammas value Te and how Alphas & Betas do not. I thought for sure you were ESI btw - now it says you are LSI or LSE? Weird.

To be fair it's only a 'bad' thing to me I guess if they are so independent-minded they end up being narcissistic or criminally vulgar- but then again there is things a lot worse to me than being a criminal and like a typical IEI I have a soft spot for bad boys anyway usually lololol. And LIIs can be annoying if they are stubborn about health issues or stopping unhealthy lifestyle habits due to Se polr I've noticed.... but in general it's a good thing that people listen to their own voice and not the Karen Cult Klan etc.

TIM
    EII-Ne Sx/So 479
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fiiiiiine i'll take the bait, what's wrong with the patent system?

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. With SLE it’s the worst because they are my conflictors and immediately write off any thought I express as irrelevant. I think LII-Ne is more open-minded than LII-Ti. Especially with an sp-first LII, you would need to move a planet to change their mind on something.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm not really like this and I don't think SLEs are, but LIIs can definitely develop some LSI-like dogmatism.

I will say, I can be certain enough that I'm comfortable directing others through my beliefs, but it takes a lot for me to get there.

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a difference between the two, one bases their ideas in reality and the other pulls them out of their ass .
    Bound upon me, rush upon me, I will overcome you by enduring your onset: whatever strikes against that which is firm and unconquerable merely injures itself by its own violence. Wherefore, seek some soft and yielding object to pierce with your darts.

-Seneca

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I've ever found SLEs' opinions hard to influence, but maybe that's because they're my duals and want my sort of influence anyways
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Alpha NT are more open minded. Even the most strong headed LII seem to easy reasoning with. Maybe I'm NT so comunicating with them isn't so hard, as long as it's not about personal values.

Beta ST, with their Ne unvalued, seem more hard to deal with. Ni-Ti combo by Beta just like Ni-Fi combo by Gamma, can make one very strong willed.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nazi SLE it's his opinion and no one can change it.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    Seems smart to always go by your own experiences since you are living your life and nobody else etc. People that always need the approval of what everybody else thinks or says really annoys me/clashes with me. Changing your opinion based on emotion and not fact isn't a big deal to me either- proves that they are real humans with feelings and not heartless robots or something? lol. This thing is probably a Te valuing thing really I think and how Gammas value Te and how Alphas & Betas do not. I thought for sure you were ESI btw - now it says you are LSI or LSE? Weird.

To be fair it's only a 'bad' thing to me I guess if they are so independent-minded they end up being narcissistic or criminally vulgar- but then again there is things a lot worse to me than being a criminal and like a typical IEI I have a soft spot for bad boys anyway usually lololol. And LIIs can be annoying if they are stubborn about health issues or stopping unhealthy lifestyle habits due to Se polr I've noticed.... but in general it's a good thing that people listen to their own voice and not the Karen Cult Klan etc.
    It is smarter to live by your own experience. But what I mean, is that it comes to the point of narcissism with LIIs and SLEs, and despite being logical types, it's where they go by their emotions when deciding things rather than sound logic or facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Karbonkel View Post
    Fiiiiiine i'll take the bait, what's wrong with the patent system?
    Thank you. It's terrible, because it allows a price monopoly and so it drives up prices and reduces innovation. It rewards assholes who make bad or average products compared to what could be and everyone else has to pay for it.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    I'm not really like this and I don't think SLEs are, but LIIs can definitely develop some LSI-like dogmatism.

I will say, I can be certain enough that I'm comfortable directing others through my beliefs, but it takes a lot for me to get there.
    I see LIIs as more dogmatic than LSIs. LSIs are more skeptical really. And LSI-Ti generally don't have a crystallized worldview that can be coherently expressed like LSI-Se do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarnished View Post
    I think Alpha NT are more open minded. Even the most strong headed LII seem to easy reasoning with. Maybe I'm NT so comunicating with them isn't so hard, as long as it's not about personal values.

Beta ST, with their Ne unvalued, seem more hard to deal with. Ni-Ti combo by Beta just like Ni-Fi combo by Gamma, can make one very strong willed.
    Except only Alpha NTs aren't very open-minded because their personal values and what they like and don't like often over-rule any logic and evidence for them. Yet they never or almost never admit that it's because they like it or that it's for their emotional state.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    I see LIIs as more dogmatic than LSIs. LSIs are more skeptical really. And LSI-Ti generally don't have a crystallized worldview that can be coherently expressed like LSI-Se do.

Except only Alpha NTs aren't very open-minded because their personal values and what they like and don't like often over-rule any logic and evidence for them. Yet they never or almost never admit that it's because they like it or that it's for their emotional state.
    If you mean that LSIs are skeptical to the point they don't accept anybody's opinion and therefore continue to operate with whatever their previous opinion was, then I agree. I think the reason LSIs and LIIs can share this is because of base Ti, but the creative Ne should have a good chance to produce a substantially more open person as opposed to the linear, uncertainty-fearing Ne PoLR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are both good and bad things about the LIIs and SLEs independence of thought. The good is that they're among the most independent in the socion; they usually don't need help, I admire them for that.

The bad is that they really seem to hate adopting others' views or opinions, and they often wind up being wrong because of that... they tend to hold onto their views no matter how incorrect they are and not likely to accept what others' say as true or even quick to sort through what they already know to verify whether someone else's statement is true. At the same time, they sometimes change their minds, but it seems out of sympathy or emotional states more than factual operation.

Has anyone else noticed that? Spider Solitaire

Anyway, I'm pretty opinionated and I would rather go by my own experience, but I do accept others' views and opinions sometimes, although at other times (e.g., about me thinking the effects of the patent system and that it should be abolished and never replaced with anything at the federal level) I'm pretty rigid. I'm often aware that I could be wrong; not 100% of the time.

Yes.SLE is the worst. They are my conflictors, and they immediately delete any thoughts I have as irrelevant.
    LII-Ne seems more open-minded to me than LIII-Ti.You would have to move a planet, especially with an sp-1 LII.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone else noticed that?

It sounds like you're saying a person ought to change his/her view based on another person's (or maybe through the consensus of a valued social group's) opinion.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

From types point.
    Higher criticism exists in strong functions. And in weak functions people either easily change opinions or irrationally stuck in them - show childish behavior. Other views are processed more appropriately in strong functions.

In logical regions as Jung types theory and significant part of practice, - base T types are predisposed be most critical and correct. Also helps specific knowledge and practice in those regions, certainly.

The main problem with criticism in logical themes exists with F types, which besides harder processing such info, bring much of emotional prejustice to what to think.