Thread: Goals/structure for EII

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Goals/structure for EII

A good friend (EII) got a promotion, yay, but I think he is going to struggle, because he will not have much supervision. He can't do anything fast, and he wastes a fair amount of time on non essentials that he doesn't realize are non essentials. He has very high standards, and is very painstaking with his work. He needs a day that is about 36 hours long to get all of his work done. Alas that does not exist. From a distance, it seems that he needs to set some daily goals with specific time frames to help him be more realistic and remind him to work faster. Does anyone know of a book that I can get for him about goal setting, if this is even the right approach? He hates it when people infer that he is not working fast enough, so I halfway think he might reject it. But I forsee problems and stress ahead for him. I am of no help in this area, being fairly inefficient myself.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I haven't read of a book on efficiency in the EII way as both EII and LSE tend to get or strive to do as much as possible, efficiency. What's helped me is my strength, which is scheduling important events (which is also one of my contributions in my duality). I write down important events and when they are due (like a good journalist I keep a deadline). Otherwise, I'm very good at time management. I know how much time to allow myself between events. My duals tend to be very forgetful of events (that was a friendly understatement I meant VERY VERY VERY).
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-01-2014 at 11:20 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You don't need a book on goal setting, you just need to set the goals. Even just writing them down makes a huge difference, then you can tick them off as you go.

If he doesn't know how to properly prioritise tasks or assess how long he takes to get things done, I'll need more specifics.

i agree that writing things down and looking at them helps a lot
    thinking of how bad ur life can get unless u work faster also seems to help

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gosh this sounds like the EII I work with

like they are given ONE task to complete and then the next thing you know the phone will ring and instead of passing the call on to someone else whose actual job it is to deal with the phone call they go off and investigate themselves

and then they will create meaningless work for other people that (in my mind) can be brushed aside

at meetings they will take up time going on and on about an issue that i can see won't be fixed - in my head i'm like 'just accept it and deal with it'

at the end of the day they'll mention they're leaving and it takes them like 15 mins to actually walk out (and i'm there mentally going through the steps and can never understand how they can still be THERE)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shakealittle View Post
    at the end of the day they'll mention they're leaving and it takes them like 15 mins to actually walk out (and i'm there mentally going through the steps and can never understand how they can still be THERE)
    This doesn't sound like me. I get ready to fly out at a drop of a hat. I'm not into sensory stuff like makeup and fritzy-girly stuff, on most days I wear jeans and a T which makes it even faster. I have all my stuff in one area and I watch the clock fairly well.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    This doesn't sound like me. I get ready to fly out at a drop of a hat. I'm not into sensory stuff like makeup and fritzy-girly stuff, on most days I wear jeans and a T which makes it even faster. I have all my stuff in one area and I watch the clock fairly well.
    Yeah the other EII I have typed seems to be very prompt in terms of both coming in on time and leaving

actually he's pretty perfect (from outside looking in)

never complains (publically at least)
    everyone would say he's a nice guy
    always is up to come to morning tea/lunch with everyone
    people come to him for work advice (and he's fairly new to the job)
    accepts any work with a smile

negatives
    reveals very little of himself
    very quiet
    people don't feel his presence at all
    not assertive in any way shape or form
    doesn't accept reality - he will always put a positive spin on something i'm very annoyed with in the workplace (i just think 'no this is wrong - we should not accept this - if we fight for this maybe things will change')

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the other EII I have typed seems to be very prompt in terms of both coming in on time and leaving

actually he's pretty perfect (from outside looking in)

never complains (publically at least)
    everyone would say he's a nice guy
    always is up to come to morning tea/lunch with everyone
    people come to him for work advice (and he's fairly new to the job)
    accepts any work with a smile

negatives
    reveals very little of himself
    very quiet
    people don't feel his presence at all
    not assertive in any way shape or form
    doesn't accept reality - he will always put a positive spin on something i'm very annoyed with in the workplace (i just think 'no this is wrong - we should not accept this - if we fight for this maybe things will change')
    Ha! You have perfectly described my friend! Even your last statement perfectly describes many of our interactions. People do occupy a fair amount of his time telling him their problems. He is a great listener and gives very good advice. He calms down people who are upset. He really out to be a counselor.

He is very punctual about meetings, never late for important business matters. But he also takes forever to leave work. I think it has something to do with Si mobilizing. So worried that he will forget or overlook something. If he is rushed by someone, he does forget things like keys, wallet.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From a distance, it seems that he needs to set some daily goals with specific time frames to help him be more realistic and remind him to work faster.
    this perception is exactly the reason to why the world is an annoying place.

From a distance mean you don't see the specifics, you don't get a shit about what he really want.

From a distance it seems that I needs to smone set to me daily goals with specific times frames to help me being more realistic and remind me to work faster, from a real point of view I majorly don't give a fuck about that and this prevents me to try to love my life, and to be creative/passionnated in what I do.

You only want ppl to be stressed and depressed
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noid View Post
    this perception is exactly the reason to why the world is an annoying place.

From a distance mean you don't see the specifics, you don't get a shit about what he really want.

From a distance it seems that I needs to smone set to me daily goals with specific times frames to help me being more realistic and remind me to work faster, from a real point of view I majorly don't give a fuck about that and this prevents me to try to love my life, and to be creative/passionnated in what I do.

You only want ppl to be stressed and depressed
    From a distance you seem like a conspiracy thinker

From a distance you seem to draw conclusions easily about stuff that's to you, in the distance

From a distance I thought you were done with socionics?

Nothing is real. So tomorrow doesn't matter.
    TIM
    iei infp type 7?or 4
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does he do any running? Daily fitness hours?
    If it doesnt work from the mind to the body,
    the body to the mind will create some difference in the person's routines.

Nothing is real. So tomorrow doesn't matter.
    TIM
    iei infp type 7?or 4
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gosh this sounds like the EII I work with

like they are given ONE task to complete and then the next thing you know the phone will ring and instead of passing the call on to someone else whose actual job it is to deal with the phone call they go off and investigate themselves

and then they will create meaningless work for other people that (in my mind) can be brushed aside

at meetings they will take up time going on and on about an issue that i can see won't be fixed - in my head i'm like 'just accept it and deal with it'

Could it be due to 'soul stage' ?

http://personalityspirituality.net/a...-the-35-steps/

A case of Mismatch in consciousness levels ....

TIM
    Ne-EII 5w4 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked the Getting Things Done book(s) by David Allen, but I would be slightly offended if someone handed it to me as in suggesting I needed it.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 02:59 AM.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very slow moving when it comes to completing tasks, at the workplace, projects, or in general. Having multiple jobs, I have gotten slightly better at it, but it's still a part of my nature. I naturally think ahead, and set goals, but when when they must be completed isn't set in stone, unless there is a required due date. I jot down notes in order to remember things, but I don't have an official planner. I keep what has to get done in my head, and sift through it, and prioritize.

I do get stressed when a lot builds up, and jot down the priorities, and steps that are needed to get there. When there is less on my plate, I don't physically right it down, but I do go over the possible courses of action and alternative options in my head multiple times. Or just various ideas relating to it, the ideas may not be my final action, but I need to spend a lot of time processing.

It's part of my nature, and I want to get things done just right, but I spend a lot of time overthinking, and my mind may wander. At my first job, slowness was an issue that was brought up a lot. When I know when something is due and I am given a good chunk of time to complete it, I can get it done even earlier than expected, but I like to doublecheck my work to see that I did everything just right.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    A good friend (EII) got a promotion, yay, but I think he is going to struggle, because he will not have much supervision. He can't do anything fast, and he wastes a fair amount of time on non essentials that he doesn't realize are non essentials. He has very high standards, and is very painstaking with his work. He needs a day that is about 36 hours long to get all of his work done. Alas that does not exist. From a distance, it seems that he needs to set some daily goals with specific time frames to help him be more realistic and remind him to work faster. Does anyone know of a book that I can get for him about goal setting, if this is even the right approach? He hates it when people infer that he is not working fast enough, so I halfway think he might reject it. But I forsee problems and stress ahead for him. I am of no help in this area, being fairly inefficient myself.

indicate how high standards and proper goal setting & project management go hand in hand.
    find out what should be delegated, and if help is needed with prioritization, find a way to do it or systematize it.
    differentiate what requires personal deepwork / flow time vs what is simply something that can be a calculation or prioritization decision.

There are lots of books by Te people talking about different ways to do this stuff. What mostly matters is their willingness to be open to learning how to do it, and how to say No to what needs to be said No to, etc.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    ..... He can't do anything fast, and he wastes a fair amount of time on non essentials that he doesn't realize are non essentials. He has very high standards, and is very painstaking with his work. He needs a day that is about 36 hours long to get all of his work done...
    The only aspect that sounds EII-like is that many do set high standards for themselves; the quote does fit several IEIs that I've known. There is a possibility that he's EII but has an attention deficit disorder; however, EIIs (like LIIs) tend not to get caught in the weeds.

a.k.a. I/O