Thread: makeup thread

Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default makeup thread

Last edited by hag; 04-11-2020 at 03:10 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My beauty secret is that I shave my ears.

OooOOUUuuuuuuoOOOOoooooo.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will be the thread where we find out which male users wear guyliner.
    (To give a real answer: no, I do not wear makeup)

i mix primer, foundation and hyaluronic acid and apply the mixture with or without a brush. for extra coverage i do this one more time and then i set lightly with powder. i don't bother trying to go for a flawless look anymore because most of the time i don't like the way the built-up product looks and feels. i fill in eyebrows and do some upper eye pencil as well. sometimes i use lipstick as blush and lipstain. this is my job interview routine. i haven't shown up makeup-free yet although i've fantasized about doing it..no preferred brands. i've spent 25 and 30 e for foundation twice but i normally stick to cheaper products.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus View Post
    This will be the thread where we find out which male users wear guyliner.
    (To give a real answer: no, I do not wear makeup)
    I only apply eyeliner (in the men's room) if the date is going badly.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kalinoche View Post
    i mix primer, foundation and hyaluronic acid and apply the mixture with or without a brush. for extra coverage i do this one more time and then i set lightly with powder. i don't bother trying to go for a flawless look anymore because most of the time i don't like the way the built-up product looks and feels. i fill in eyebrows and do some upper eye pencil as well. sometimes i use lipstick as blush and lipstain. this is my job interview routine. i haven't shown up makeup-free yet although i've fantasized about doing it..no preferred brands. i've spent 25 and 30 e for foundation twice but i normally stick to cheaper products.
    My god, this is like an operations manual for a jet engine. I had no idea that makeup was this involved.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Daily routine of foundation set with powder, eyeliner on upper lids, mascara, and eyebrow fill.

Extra makeup: eyeliner on lower lids too

Lazy but not barefaced: skip foundation and either eyebrow pencil or eyeliner or both. Powder and mascara for sure.

I just buy cheap shit at the pharmacy, nothing fancy. I don't like cover girl, though.

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a time when I used base, foundation, concealer, dark circle concealer, powder, eye shadow base, three eye shadows, eyeliner, black crayon, two mascara, blush, bronzer, highlights, lip liner, at least 3 colors of lipstick, gloss... wait, pink highlights and golden highlights... filling my black eyebrows felt like a waste of time but I still did that. I'm sure I forgot something. Forgot the products' name, never cared much about that.
    There was a time I was crazy, I don't wear makeup anymore.

I know I forgot something in that list.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wear Neutrogena Hydro boost hydrating tint foundation daily (love it), along with Burt’s bees tinted lip balm, and sometimes I’ll add mascara. My mom gives me her Lancôme mascara because she’s allergic. I don’t wear eye shadow muchanymore, unless it’s a special occasion, but I happened by two shades by rimmel that work well with my skin tone maybe five years ago, so I have just been buying the same two shades every since. Don’t wear eyeliner much anymore either, used to daily, but I’m not terribly picky about the brand for that. I have a terrible time finding lipstick, making it look good, and reapplying it, so I love the Burt’s bees tinted lip balm. I have also liked lip stains in the past, but I have a hard time finding a color I like. But that’s basically all I wear anymore.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I hate the way make up feels on my skin, it's like having dirt on your face. I bought some Halloween make up so I'm gonna see how that goes. Also bought some gems to put around my eyes.

TIM
    IEI E4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love makeup! I discovered makeup tutorials on YouTube when I was 13, and I've been hooked ever since(: The colors, the artistry, the beauty, it's all so attractive to me. I am always enchanted with the multitude of colors, shades, tones, and the seemingly endless possibilities for combinations. I don't get to experiment nearly as much as I would like, but it's always been a love of mine.
    I typically use some combination of the ABH Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette colors on my eyes. It's a beautiful palette, but right now I'm coveting some of the Pat McGrath eyeshadow palettes. I'm still saving up for them
    On special occasions, I'll use a dark brown eyeliner and black mascara, but they irritate my eyes too much to use everyday. Under my eyes I use a pink toned concealer. Nars, Urban Decay and Laura Mercier all have concealers I like. This summer I've been using Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation on my face. It gives me a dewy, glowy finish that I like.
    For blush lately I've been using Hourglass Incandescent Electra, and bronzing with a tan foundation stick from Kryolan, which I actually meant to return, but missed the return date for(lol). My everyday lip color has just been Bite Beauty's lipgloss in the color Dirty Chai, I think it's a gorgeous color, and compliments my skin tone really well.

My tastes in makeup and my makeup routine are continuously changing and evolving, in a few months it might be completely different from what it is now
    Last edited by bohemienne; 07-30-2019 at 03:49 AM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I try to avoid smearing grease and powder on my face, but I have had to wear it for plays. And for that, I wear whatever they make me wear.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ExI 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Foundation doesn’t appeal to me, but some subtle shading and highlighting powder. Warm or neutral eyeshadow with dark brown mascara, nothing too bright on the eyes because I wear bright or dark lipstick, and it looks like too much when another part of the face is competing with it. Done in ten minutes.

I don’t have preferred brands - just wherever I see the colors I’m after, hopefully for cheap.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love makeup. It's my opportunity to feel creative or artistic.

I have... most of the stuff, but I focus most on eyes / slight blush / lips. I'm not a fan of heavy foundation (and feel lucky that I don't need it), and I like color but follow the natural shape of my eyes to make it look organic.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bb cream + cherry lip balm + mascara

(all organic)

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When really hot and humid out like now where I am I mostly stick to Clinique. I often don't use it on days off but usually do a bit for work. On work days I just cover any eye circles or blemishes with foundation bc I don't think it looks professional and have to help my company maintain face, and not always but typically also use their long-wear mascara. Sometimes lip tint, which I also use for blush once in a while. I also sometimes use a yellow tinted Nars highlighter I've had for forever and put it underneath the foundation when I cover undereye circles; I sometimes use it on my cheekbones too when it's less hot out. I don't use foundation or powder otherwise. I don't have the time or patience for primer and brushes and I don't really like eyeshadow. I use a cheap yet high quality light Japanese brand sunscreen too bc bright out now. HLA in routine is genius @kalinoche . Made me look into it.

HLA in routine is genius @kalinoche . Made me look into it.
    i noticed that it makes foundation stay plump longer on my face. it is important to use the right amount of HLA and primer or other liquids. i once used HLA alone to keep my face hydrated during a flight and my face was dried up for days afterwards >.<

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i noticed that it makes foundation stay plump longer on my face. it is important to use the right amount of HLA and primer or other liquids. i once used HLA alone to keep my face hydrated during a flight and my face was dried up for days afterwards >.<
    I hope you use quality makeup then since in that case it will make the product linger and absorb more into your skin's matrix, but I'm guessing you know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I hope you use quality makeup then since in that case it will make the product linger and absorb more into your skin's matrix, but I'm guessing you know about it.
    What will make makeup linger more into my skins matrix? I have kinda lost hope when it comes to using foundation alone because it sinks in unless I apply in a mixed and built up way. Btw,The first product I used as a primer that made a real difference was weleda’s skin food.weleda’s calendula is also quite something.Overall,at this point, when I have to show up with a made up face, I start the routine at least 15 mins earlier in order to prep it with oils/honey (unless I do this the night before).HLA attracts moisture,so if moisture is not readily available outside the skin surface, it will absorb moisture from within.
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 08-10-2019 at 08:57 AM.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HLA gets absorbed properly only at hot and humid temperatures, so go for it @sbbds

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    HLA gets absorbed properly only at hot and humid temperatures, so go for it @sbbds
    Oh yes,steaming helps with locking up moisture

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What will make makeup linger more into my skins matrix?
    just the right product? ive stopped using foundations because i didnt like how they were on my skin, some foundation sometime would work, but weather changes and i had to substitute them and it was always cakey and heavy anyway, bb cream was the best for me, light and smooth, and it doesn't require any prep or powder or anything, but that really depends on your skin xx

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What will make makeup linger more into my skins matrix? I have kinda lost hope when it comes to using foundation alone because it sinks in unless I apply in a mixed and built up way. Btw,The first product I used as a primer that made a real difference was weleda’s skin food.weleda’s calendula is also quite something.Overall,at this point, when I have to show up with a made up face, I start the routine at least 15 mins earlier in order to prep it with oils/honey (unless I do this the night before).HLA attracts moisture,so if moisture is not readily available outside the skin surface, it will absorb moisture from within.
    The HLA, re your question

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is disappointing to some str8 females that want me to be their GBF, but I never got into make-up all that much. I wore lipstick once on cam with my best friend lol and it was kind of fun... but there is too much effort for me to get all that into it.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to try this again. It's been a while since I've done it and it's quite nice.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care much for foundation, but if I do wear it, it's usually light coverage/powder. I mostly like to wear various colors of eye-shadow, usually a mix of 2 colors, maybe 3 and maybe a light neutral color near the brow. My look is usually bare/just tame eyebrows with gel or hairspray and maybe fill in just lightly, maybe a little glitter on the corners of my eyes and some lipgloss or balm. Sometimes it's a couple eye-shadow colors, some mascara, sometimes eyeliner in waterline because I'm not great at doing it on the upper lid (but sometimes I still do) and I like the sultry look. Tinted lipgloss and every blue moon lipstick. I get a lot of product from my mom who is addicted to makeup shopping and as of right now I am loving Fenty lipgloss (nice application and nice taste) and Natasha Denona eye-shadow.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used BB cream as a teenager due to insecurities regarding skin imperfections. I looked really gay as a teen in hindsight.

TIM
    Te-ILI-C 1w9so/sx153
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post

I'm going to try this again. It's been a while since I've done it and it's quite nice.
    That's usually how I do my eyes when I wear eye makeup as well
    Everything happens for a reason.