Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Brown

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Chris Brown

SLE?

Last edited by suedehead; 06-05-2014 at 10:54 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    SLE?
    Yes. SLEs seem to be one of the most insufferable dickheads in case they are, how should I put it, underdeveloped

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I originally considered SEE as a possibility, but yeah, weak Fi.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Not SLE. Some rational type imo - he seems really jittery and high strung in those interviews in a way that is nontypical of SEEs and SLEs, like he's almost ready to jump out of his skin. I've considered LSE and LSI for him previously. Listening to the way Rihanna, typed ESI/IEI, talks about their relationship it doesn't sound like she's his supervisor or dual from her end, which it would be if he was SLE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJvMV6aSso4

Oh, and the stereotype "dickhead = Fi polr/SLE" is total bunk: Fi-PoLR - Misunderstood

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No way is he rational. LSE, really ? Te, really? I think he might have some mental problems though (bipolar if I remember correctly). Maybe he's manic and wants to jump out of his skin.

I'm not talking stereotype SLE dickhead, I know plenty of them IRL and each and one of them has a little bit of douche in them. I like it actually, as long as it doesn't go out of hands. Besides, I'm a firm believer in stereotypes - they don't come from thin air. Where there's smoke there's fire

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I can't listen to this song without thinking of Rihanna.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I also wanted to add, I don't understand how duality is suppose to work anyway if one party is abusive, mentally unstable and/or a terrible person in general. For example I don't think anyone can form a healthy relationship with a person with NPD, dual or not. So I don't understand the logic behind adapting people's types to suit proper intertype relationships.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"I like low-maintenance girls, but at the same time, classy. She needs to take care of herself. But also be a girl who isn't afraid to get sweaty and play basketball, so it's cool if she's a tomboy."

"Since I'm always working, my best holiday memories are definitely when I can just go home and spend time with my family."

"Having the right people around you all the time is important. I do take the acting seriously. But this is all fun. I look at it like smoke and mirrors. I still think it's a dream, but I ain't pinching myself yet."

"With fame, you can't trust everybody. You can't depend on them being there for you as a person. They will only be there because of what you've got you as a person. They will only be there because of what you've got and what you can bring to their life. It's not a relationship-it's a leech."

"Loving is doing anything for them, thinking about them constantly and being able to spend your whole life with that person. Liking somebody is just like, 'Okay, I like them because of this, this and this, but I don't knkow if I am ready to be in love with them'."

"With dates I like to cater a girl. We do whatever she likes. If she was open to what I wanted to do, it probably wouldn't be a dull date, because I am a jock."

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    I also wanted to add, I don't understand how duality is suppose to work anyway if one party is abusive, mentally unstable and/or a terrible person in general. For example I don't think anyone can form a healthy relationship with a person with NPD, dual or not. So I don't understand the logic behind adapting people's types to suit proper intertype relationships.
    Being from the same quadra makes understanding and communication easier even if there are overlaying issues like one of the people being bipolar and having anger management problems. There is an intuitive level of understanding of motivations behind their actions, why they said what they said, and what made them react the way they did - even if the other person is unhealthy, even if your personal values conflict and you hate their guts. This doesn't shine through Rihanna's account of her relationship with Chris, his behavior is bewildering to her, which is +1pt. for them not being in dual relations or from same quadra.

some very good discussion re: dual relations between people who aren't emotionally healthy but still 'get' each other - http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post850447

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    Being from the same quadra makes understanding and communication easier even if there are overlaying issues like one of the people being bipolar and having anger management problems. There is an intuitive level of understanding of motivations behind their actions, why they said what they said, and what made them react the way they did - even if the other person is unhealthy, even if your personal values conflict and you hate their guts. This doesn't shine through Rihanna's account of her relationship with Chris, his behavior is bewildering to her, which is +1pt. for them not being in dual relations or from same quadra.

some very good discussion re: dual relations between people who aren't emotionally healthy but still 'getting' each other - http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post850447
    To be honest I don't know enough about their relationship and I'm not sure about Rihanna's type, so I can't comment on that. For me personally, I've always felt that I'm especially good at handling irrational and agressive people - the pissed off SLEs kind (my LSE boss just gets even more irritated when he sees my unconventional and unpractical ass around ). I'm good at calming them down, make them see the big picture and diffuse their agression.

But with seeing serious mental illness from up close, with the relative I'm positive is also Beta, it's really not so black and white. When it gets to serious delusions and disortions of reality, no sane person is on the same wave lenght as the patient anymore.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fi-seeking, Ej-temperament (0:58)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He looks coked up in the first video.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re some of the stuff in this thread, there's a difference between something like an organic mental illness and simply being abusive. You can be severely mood disordered or even psychotic and still treat other people decently or better. Abusivesness is a mentality, and it has a strong social-sanctioning component. Abusers rarely change, and they don't really want to. And none of this has anything to do with type except that the dynamics at play wouldn't lead anywhere healthy, i.e., this thing called dualization couldn't unfold.

Rihanna, in interviews, appears to have deeply loved Chris Brown, btw, and says she truly wants the best for him even though she can't be with him. It's a little bit heartbreaking to see her talk about it.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

initially considered Fe-IEI, but LIE could work... I have a hard time seeing Se-ego.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE*
    Last edited by Jake; 11-25-2016 at 05:04 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE? Return to the theory and re-read it... I think you're lost about Socionics...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysius View Post
    LSE? Return to the theory and re-read it... I think you're lost about Socionics...
    How about SLE 8w7 sx/sp

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking Se Base but I think I figured his type. He is LSI...

I knew he wasn't Zhukov, but Napoleon is also not a good fit for him. He is Maxim.

Didn't know him very much. Watching his interviews, he is extremely cold.... Ti Base, strong Se.

Se-LSI.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LSI more likely...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris Brown is without a doubt SEE

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE so/sx e6

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's obviously SEE :/

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

currently have them typed as Rihanna ESI-Fi 4w3 (her typing thread) & Chris LSE-Te 6w7, so it was semi-duality in socionics and duality in enneagram mb why they continue having some feelings for each other

"Rihanna told Vanity Fair that she kept going back to Breezy in the years after the attack because she thought he could change. “I was very protective of him. I felt that people didn’t understand him,” the told the magazine. “If you put up with it, maybe you are agreeing that you [deserve] this, and that’s when I finally had to say, ‘Uh-oh, I was stupid thinking I was built for this.’ Sometimes you just have to walk away.” The singer gave Chris a slight window of hope though, because she revealed she will always care about him. “I don’t hate him. I will care about him until the day I die. We’re not friends, but it’s not like we’re enemies. We don’t have much of a relationship now." - http://hollywoodlife.com/2018/03/02/...you-instagram/

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

currently have them typed as Rihanna ESI-Fi 4w3 (her typing thread) & Chris LSE-Te 6w7, so it was semi-duality in socionics and duality in enneagram mb why they continue having some feelings for each other

"Rihanna told Vanity Fair that she kept going back to Breezy in the years after the attack because she thought he could change. “I was very protective of him. I felt that people didn’t understand him,” the told the magazine. “If you put up with it, maybe you are agreeing that you [deserve] this, and that’s when I finally had to say, ‘Uh-oh, I was stupid thinking I was built for this.’ Sometimes you just have to walk away.” The singer gave Chris a slight window of hope though, because she revealed she will always care about him. “I don’t hate him. I will care about him until the day I die. We’re not friends, but it’s not like we’re enemies. We don’t have much of a relationship now." - http://hollywoodlife.com/2018/03/02/...you-instagram/
    Lool does he even seem LSE to you? First of all, he's obviously Se dom. Follow him on Instagram, look at the way he talks and acts etc.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaebette View Post
    Lool does he even seem LSE to you? First of all, he's obviously Se dom. Follow him on Instagram, look at the way he talks and acts etc.
    Nope, this isn't any Se dom. He's very clearly a rational type and none of what he says has any relation to Se base LOL

You may be mistaking demonstrative for base but rationality is obvious for him.

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, this isn't any Se dom. He's very clearly a rational type and none of what he says has any relation to Se base LOL

You may be mistaking demonstrative for base but rationality is obvious for him.
    In what way,exactly?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

In what way,exactly?
    He's very high-strung, says he's "always working", doesn't catch a break, which is a typical Pi PoLR for Exxjs, probably gets those Ej temper breakouts because nobody can work all the time. Slight Delta-value advertisement toward the end how he spends the little free time that he has from his work with family:

Chris Brown: "Since I'm always working, my best holiday memories are definitely when I can just go home and spend time with my family.

A lot of other of his statement sound really weird for Se, ex:

CB: "I always imagined I could be what I wanted to be."

which sounds like +Ne hidden agenda, but it's a strange thing to say for an SEE or a SLE, since Se is aware of the real limitations to one's potential. This is closest to Delta complex of "undercut wings", almost like he's ready to take off and fly into some personal dream of his.

And this kind of smoke-and-mirrors perception of reality does sound like Ne>Se:

CB:"Having the right people around you all the time is important. I do take the acting seriously. But this is all fun. I look at it like smoke and mirrors. I still think it's a dream, but I ain't pinching myself yet."

Glad he's having fun, but the reverse side of this is that Chris won't be able to provide that kind of solid interpretation that Se-seeking types are looking for ie he's no Se-base.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can he be LSE when there's nothing stable about him, his personality is super volatile and unpredictable. He has a huge ego and gets offended quite easily (as Fi is apt to do). And he uses force quite openly. Think back to when he threw a chair and broke the windows because an interviewer asked him about Rihanna. When LSEs lose their temper they go into authoritarian discipline mode and yell at the person to scold them. An LSE wouldn't damage property and endanger people's safety or get arrested as many times as Chris does. LSEs are structured law abiding citizens for the most part. Chris shows no Si valuing. He lives in the moment and is dictated by his feelings. If you look at him in interviews he is subtly bouncing around with the Se energy, can't sit still. Also if you listen to his music you can see that it's SEE. The topic is money, cars and girls, superficial stuff and relationships basically, delivered in a flashy, explicit way.

Bottom line: he is a flashy, confident, diva type, not a traditional, responsible, manager type.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ESI-Se. Same as Eminem. He's a perfect fit for the VI. They are too edgy and crazy for LSIs. Brown is indexed as a 3w2 sx/sp. That sounds right for his enneagram.

For those that think Socionics is broken, consider that Socionics New Wave identified 32 discernible VI patterns, And that when these 32 patterns were parsed out into separate groups, each grouping snugly fit into the core cognition for a particular Socionics type (subtypes included). That doesn't mean every idea in socionics is true, it means some of the old ideas need to be tossed out in favor of what the territory (and not the map) actually shows.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    How can he be LSE when there's nothing stable about him, his personality is super volatile and unpredictable. He has a huge ego and gets offended quite easily (as Fi is apt to do). And he uses force quite openly. Think back to when he threw a chair and broke the windows because an interviewer asked him about Rihanna. When LSEs lose their temper they go into authoritarian discipline mode and yell at the person to scold them. An LSE wouldn't damage property and endanger people's safety or get arrested as many times as Chris does. LSEs are structured law abiding citizens for the most part. Chris shows no Si valuing. He lives in the moment and is dictated by his feelings. If you look at him in interviews he is subtly bouncing around with the Se energy, can't sit still. Also if you listen to his music you can see that it's SEE. The topic is money, cars and girls, superficial stuff and relationships basically, delivered in a flashy, explicit way.

Bottom line: he is a flashy, confident, diva type, not a traditional, responsible, manager type.
    He could still be Se-SLE though. You're right in that LSE makes little sense for the reasons you state but I don't see why talking about relationships necessarily points to Fi, especially since he seems to do it rather superficially and doesn't seem to dig deep into the intracacies of relationships (though I mus admit I don't know much about his music).

I see Rihanna as Fi-SEE though suppose ESI could work (for Rihanna), her attitude seems very different from Chris Brown, who has more of a "conqueror" attittude towards relationships that I would associate with beta, Rihanna otoh seems like her music talks about deeper aspects of relationships even if I don't consider her music very deep. I see a stark contrast in values between Rihanna and Chris Brown, and since I type Rihanna as gamma, Brown is more likely to be beta imo.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just want to mention, he's often involved with IEIs in some way or other. he had a relationship with karrueche tran (IEI) and made a music collab with tinashe (IEI). (and i personally type rihanna IEI as well.)
    edit: and there's a collab with rita ora (IEI)
    Last edited by lynn; 04-02-2018 at 09:52 PM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

How can he be LSE when there's nothing stable about him, his personality is super volatile and unpredictable.
    Yep, LSE is a dynamic type and LSE-Te doubly so. It doesn't get any more dynamic and volatile than Je-Exxj types, especially when combined with a reactive type like e6.

He has a huge ego and gets offended quite easily (as Fi is apt to do). And he uses force quite openly. Think back to when he threw a chair and broke the windows because an interviewer asked him about Rihanna. When LSEs lose their temper they go into authoritarian discipline mode and yell at the person to scold them. An LSE wouldn't damage property and endanger people's safety or get arrested as many times as Chris does. LSEs are structured law abiding citizens for the most part. Chris shows no Si valuing. He lives in the moment and is dictated by his feelings. If you look at him in interviews he is subtly bouncing around with the Se energy, can't sit still. Also if you listen to his music you can see that it's SEE. The topic is money, cars and girls, superficial stuff and relationships basically, delivered in a flashy, explicit way. Bottom line: he is a flashy, confident, diva type, not a traditional, responsible, manager type.
    We had to permaban an LSE from this forum who posted here as "Absurd". So much for these 'model manager' stereotypes lol.

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other way around: Rihanna is SLE, Chris Brown is SEE. Think about who values Fi and who values Fe. Rihanna doesn't have an Fi bone in her body.
    Oh my God I can't with you people. Rihanna is all Fi. All her interviews, how she reacts, what she says! She's also def an Se-valuer.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh my God I can't with you people. Rihanna is all Fi. All her interviews, how she reacts, what she says! She's also def an Se-valuer.
    I probably don't know enough about Rihanna since my knowledge of pop culture is limited, but I agree, she is Fi af.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    I probably don't know enough about Rihanna since my knowledge of pop culture is limited, but I agree, she is Fi af.
    And Se too. I have her as SEE-Se.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    And Se too. I have her as SEE-Se.
    Ofc, I just didn't mention it because there seems to be a consensus lol.

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ofc, I just didn't mention it because there seems to be a consensus lol.
    She doesn't seem extroverted to me tbh

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

She doesn't seem extroverted to me tbh
    I meant that she values Se, not whether she is SEE (the consenus I was talking about).

Of course there may be people who think she doesn't value Se, but I haven't actually heard anything to that effect.

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant that she values Se, not whether she is SEE (the consenus I was talking about).

Of course there may be people who think she doesn't value Se, but I haven't actually heard anything to that effect.
    Sorry, I meant to quote @lavos hehe

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Shaebette , as much as I would want to agree that she is an ESI, I really do not think that is the case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast