Thread: What does "Psychic energy more often flows outwards" look like?

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What does "Psychic energy more often flows outwards" look like?

What does "Psychic energy more often flows outwards" look like? What does flowing inward look like?
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

What you perceive as Self is your consciousness only. While there is also unconsciousness of you.

From point of Jung types.
    When the consciousness gets better contact with unconsious processes of weaker functions - it integrates not only an information but also an energy kept there. [Primarily, when those functions are by your functional values. In other case that also creates an inner conflict, which is higher when the type is more accentuated, and so the result mb psyche's suppression.]
    Also this helps to reduce the possible opposing between conscious and unconscious processes (alike after a conversation), what takes an energy.
    And when this happens under an influence of a dual near (or other good IR human) - you are feeling being higher protected and supported, what makes more assured.

As a sum of this, appears a feeling of having more energy. You are feeling higher emotional inspiration and optimism. You may think it as geting an energy from external sources, though it's your own energy which only became better known and controlled by the consciousness.

-

An activation of nonvalued functions needs additional switching of your psyche. This takes additional resources, the more for more accentuated type. With weaker functions this is harder. So communications with conflictors may distort your attention abbility and predispose to feel tired and depressed. It's harder to process and intergate such information (alike to find a compromise of opinions), what predisposes to inner conflicts - such to depressive symptoms and neuroses.

The feeling being exhausted you may think as energy went out of you, though it went on your inner processes. A part of info could move to unconsiousness as was found too hard to be integrated by consciosness, alike to leave a task for other time or other people (for methods of the unconsiousness).

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of kinds of energy radiate, which means moving outwards. E.g. “manifesting” your thoughts.

Flowing inwards is like gravity, magnets. I think it often happens too, it’s just that people wouldn’t think of it as energy expenditure as often.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SocietyOTLittleFlower View Post
    What does "Psychic energy more often flows outwards" look like? What does flowing inward look like?
    If I have understood this correctly Freud first claimed that psychic energy flows from the subject to the object. That is reasonable to assume, you engage in an activity etc. Then came Jung and said that this is only true of the extrovert. In the introvert the energy flows inward.

If I am wrong please correct me.

The introvert doesn't "save" more energy than the extrovert. It is just that he uses it up on the inside. The extrovert doesn't "waste" more energy than the introvert. He simply uses it on in the external world.

There are cases of highly introverted people who seem totally "grey" and lifeless on the outside. And then they have a very vivid inner life. And vice versa for the extrovert.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ania View Post
    read psychological types

even just a chapter.
    Unfortunately Jung is gibberish to me. I've read it many times and I still have no idea what the Hell he's saying. Socionics has two sides, Jung and Antoni Kępiński, and some people want to study it because of Kępiński, not Jung.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This scene from Sorrentino's (IEE) La Grande Belezza explains it all:

Last edited by consentingadult; 10-16-2020 at 09:51 PM.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking