Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Attitudinal Psyche type system

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    I feel so deflated when these so-called 1Ls won't entertain my curiosity because they're closed off to speculation on a topic.
    They're playing things too safe, guarding their credibility... or is my interest perverse or intrusive somehow.

As a side note I may be 1E
    I'm leaning towards 1L for myself. The forer effect got to me I think when first reading descriptions, still considering tho, so take this pillar of salt to go with what follows: You know that interchange we had regarding Ne and openness? Yeah, I deleted my lecture I started to post, and just gave you information you could decide on for yourself instead. The way I look at it, you can assuage your own curiosity by looking for yourself. Like when I told you about Need for Cognition. If someone had mentioned that to me, I'd be off looking up all kinds of information on it. From my perspective, you looked closed, but I figured it was just a defensive reaction, and I didn't want to push. People tell me that I come across as attacking their ideas when that's not my intention at all. So, I find it's better sometimes just to drop the info and let them sort it out themselves. On the other hand, when someone asks me to explain something for them, I'm more than willing to do that. Dunno if my perspective helps here or not, but thought I'd add it anyway in case.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post

The Second Logic, for example, provokes reflection and discussion. The owner of 2L can either ask tricky questions in a public speech, or initiate "srach" in the comments. Often, deservedly or not, he gives the impression of a troll who scoffs at someone else's stupidity. But in fact, 2L is not happy with stupidity, on the contrary, he wants an interesting discussion in which there are arguments and logical chains. The second logicians ask questions not in order to find out the answer, but in order to hear someone else's point of view and discuss it. They are disappointed by stubborn "square" interlocutors who do not experience the joy of thinking.

@Chin Diaper 007 see this is why ppl think I'm ILE
    OK, I do not really provoke people to have logical arguments with me. I like to provoke reactions more than arguments tbh [oh, and I have gotten some sweet, nearly lethal reactions]. LOL. Neither Eric TwFP does it but he wants to show his balls of logic (through 2V). Banana King clearly has 2L.
    Some people have typed me as ethical creative. Little do the know.

I think Bean Vasserlan (LII) typed himself as 3L, lol. I can see that. Was he 1V or 1F dunno? MB 1F.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Diaper 007 View Post
    OK, I do not really provoke people to have logical arguments with me. I like to provoke reactions more than arguments tbh [oh, and I have gotten some sweet, nearly lethal reactions]. LOL. Neither Eric TwFP does it but he wants to show his balls of logic (through 2V). Banana King clearly has 2L.
    that explains the 2E then. Btw you could have clearly omitted to quote the picture but you didn't, just left it there..lol

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    I'm leaning towards 1L for myself. The forer effect got to me I think when first reading descriptions, still considering tho, so take this pillar of salt to go with what follows: You know that interchange we had regarding Ne and openness? Yeah, I deleted my lecture I started to post, and just gave you information you could decide on for yourself instead. The way I look at it, you can assuage your own curiosity by looking for yourself. Like when I told you about Need for Cognition. If someone had mentioned that to me, I'd be off looking up all kinds of information on it. From my perspective, you looked closed, but I figured it was just a defensive reaction, and I didn't want to push. People tell me that I come across as attacking their ideas when that's not my intention at all. So, I find it's better sometimes just to drop the info and let them sort it out themselves. On the other hand, when someone asks me to explain something for them, I'm more than willing to do that. Dunno if my perspective helps here or not, but thought I'd add it anyway in case.
    I don't really understand this 1L lack of openness. If something is not true it is not true. Eh. I tend to be more puncturing than just spewing things out in the wilderness which I practice on my own. Like it is said 1# is the egocentric position. Someone said something about the frequency and units and then I mentioned that time units are almost always universally applied here on Earth so when it comes to 1/s or 1/h etc probably does not matter in this case. I usually make sure it works in the end. It is bit funny though because to me it is like chasing my own tail. 3# is the most closed off because usually it denies allocentric and egocentric presentations with compensation.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1L - know it all
    2E - f*cking troll
    3V - wut... I know how to kind of get there but even my navel fluff is more interesting
    4F - I come to work butt naked.
    steals format but without the humor

1E - my mood determines my reality, i am my feelings, all emotion and intuitive perceptions trump all other perception
    2L - i like debating, thinking/analyzing and am flexible with logic, albeit not always well because i'm an ethical type, but my Ti HA will always boost my confidence in the area
    3V - will doesn't work well and is confused, but then is touchy about other people trying to impose their will in ways that feel like being made to be a servant, then i can become hostile
    4F - feel utterly helpless to manage anything in the material world or my own health/body and am falling into the abyss of this failure

however, F is an area of confusion because for a while i was able to manage it on my own, while i was in college, though it was still being blindly managed... it was in a better balance then because i had complete control of my time. it started falling apart badly after i started trying to conform to work week schedules at draining jobs. the other thing that can always drag it down is my mood - F is sacrificed first if i'm in long term emotional turmoil.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really understand this 1L lack of openness. If something is not true it is not true. Eh. I tend to be more puncturing than just spewing things out in the wilderness which I practice on my own. Like it is said 1# is the egocentric position. Someone said something about the frequency and units and then I mentioned that time units are almost always universally applied here on Earth so when it comes to 1/s or 1/h etc probably does not matter in this case. I usually make sure it works in the end. It is bit funny though because to me it is like chasing my own tail. 3# is the most closed off because usually it denies allocentric and egocentric presentations with compensation.
    I think it's the frequent attitude of (some) 1L that they always know what's true that bothers me. Not the idea that there IS truth.

Like if there is truth to be found, they know it and others aren't on their level yet. Even when they're clearly wrong (or don't have enough information to pass judgment) they can have this attitude.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this system is pretty much crap but the tests give me VFLE and I guess it fits the best, V and F are most likely in the two first slots and L can't be the in the last slot.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    steals format but without the humor

1E - my mood determines my reality, i am my feelings, all emotion and intuitive perceptions trump all other perception
    2L - i like debating, thinking/analyzing and am flexible with logic, albeit not always well because i'm an ethical type, but my Ti HA will always boost my confidence in the area
    3V - will doesn't work well and is confused, but then is touchy about other people trying to impose their will in ways that feel like being made to be a servant, then i can become hostile
    4F - feel utterly helpless to manage anything in the material world or my own health/body and am falling into the abyss of this failure

however, F is an area of confusion because for a while i was able to manage it on my own, while i was in college, though it was still being blindly managed... it was in a better balance then because i had complete control of my time. it started falling apart badly after i started trying to conform to work week schedules at draining jobs. the other thing that can always drag it down is my mood - F is sacrificed first if i'm in long term emotional turmoil.
    (me speculating, sue me I'm 2L)

Based on this you'd be ELFV not ELVF.
    3 is the sore spot that hurts. Your sore spot seems F. Your V is just like mine ;D, you are 2L 4V like me kek..wtf

4th attitude is unconcerned. More like I'll deal with V when I absolutely have to. You don't deal with F when you have to.. its a sore spot so 3F.

IF it stresses you out that much you'd be cleaning and overcompensating tho.. so its weird you are a mess in this regard. More like you don't care and persist in inactivity, which would be more 4F I guess... then again you'd deal with it when push comes to shove if it was 4th.. I'm thinking there is another reason why it isn't happening.

3F in a nutshell:

The 3F function is formed by placing the physics aspect (F) into the insecure position (3rd). Insecure physics (3F) has an apprehensive and unsure attitude towards all concepts of the physical world. All 3F types are insufficient at being involved in matters relating to the material world. They are mostly anxious about their opinions on tastes, belongings, comforts, aesthetics and practical skills. These types tend to have a shaky and unstable relationship with how they process all things related to the physical reality. They tend to need clarification and feedback from others when engaging in all matters related to physics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    I think this system is pretty much crap but the tests give me VFLE and I guess it fits the best, V and F are most likely in the two first slots and L can't be the in the last slot.
    e_e how are you 3L tho? I always saw you confident in your thinking. Thinking is your sore spot like Kyana's? I agree with 4E for you, F imo is 1F.. you are an "owner" like me, go to the gym for the results not the process. "I want that car so I'll just get it." Seems like result F to me. I haven't seen you talk with others about personal health, giving advice, taking feedback, nor home decoration, aesthetics. you want to share your thoughts with me on healthy living and receive feedback? mr "fuck Si" ..2F my ass. Hmm.. maybe FVLE? Kyana is in contrast a VFLE or "fire-starter" <.< srsly wherever she is she starts a "fire".

Still surprised thinking is a sore spot, I mean you don't seem to be like this:
    The 3L attitude is formed by combining the logic aspect (L) with the insecure position (3rd). Insecure logic (3L) has an apprehensive and unsure attitude towards all logical concepts. All 3L types are insufficient at being involved in matters relating to the logical realm. They are mostly anxious about their opinions of higher knowledge, political arguments, scientific thought and their own abilities to reason. These types tend to have a shaky and unstable relationship with how they process and logically organize the world around them. They tend to need clarification and feedback from others when engaging in all matters related to logic.
    I often found that you don't require clarification and feedback when it comes to logic and you are often dismissive thinking you already understand it better than other people.

1&4 th attitudes are result attitudes, they care about the result so conclusions are drawn fast, the deliberation process is very short with focus on beginning and end
    2&3 are process attitudes, there is immersion in the process here, back and forth, constant change, information exchange. 2nd has natural back and forth flow, third has overcompensation for weakness, trying to hide it.
    Last edited by SGF; 03-10-2021 at 06:06 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@shotgunfingers I can relate to aspects of 3F except for overcompensating, really I can relate to 3v/f and 4v/f. I guess 3F seemed too high maintenance.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    @shotgunfingers I can relate to aspects of 3F except for overcompensating, really I can relate to 3v/f and 4v/f. I guess 3F seemed too high maintenance.
    o.o yeah.. hmm, you can disagree tho, it kind of depends why the overcompensating thing isn't happening. Maybe the weak V as well contributes to this? Like no motivation to change the 3F aspect, lack of drive.

As a 4V I often find I have no motivation until someone with 1V infects me with their drive without trying to push me. If I don't feel like doing something I'll just procrastinate..

Does this resonate?: https://www.attitudinalpsyche.com/tria/elfv/

EDIT: I can see why ELVF makes more sense to you tho..

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@inumbra
    Tbh I'm sometimes confused and think 3V fits better tan 4V due to me getting realy angry if someone tells me what to do.. same as you.. but the rest of the description seems more muddled than something which would fit. I'm more easy going.

I should ask Zeke about this.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i mean really i have 3 weaknesses... L is weak as well, it's just "secure" and it's better than V or F so it goes to position 2 falsely.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

e_e how are you 3L tho? I always saw you confident in your thinking. Thinking is your sore spot like Kyana's? I agree with 4E for you, F imo is 1F.. you are an "owner" like me, go to the gym for the results not the process. "I want that car so I'll just get it." Seems like result F to me. I haven't seen you talk with others about personal health, giving advice, taking feedback, nor home decoration, aesthetics. you want to share your thoughts with me on healthy living and receive feedback? mr "fuck Si" ..2F my ass. Hmm.. maybe FVLE? Kyana is in contrast a VFLE or "fire-starter" <.< srsly wherever she is she starts a "fire".

Still surprised thinking is a sore spot, I mean you don't seem to be like this:

I often found that you don't require clarification and feedback when it comes to logic and you are often dismissive thinking you already understand it better than other people.

1&4 th attitudes are result attitudes, they care about the result so conclusions are drawn fast, the deliberation process is very short with focus on beginning and end
    2&3 are process attitudes, there is immersion in the process here, back and forth, constant change, information exchange. 2nd has natural back and forth flow, third has overcompensation for weakness, trying to hide it.
    Yeah, to start with I agree the 1F in FVLE could fit, but the descriptions of 2V and 3L in that type don't work very well for me. Like 2V "they wish for themselves and others to enjoy the journey of life even if it means venturing into the taboo" or 3L "not knowing how to explain the world gives them intense anxiety". However, 2F of wanting to endlessly discuss food or aesthetics isn't really me either, although I can discuss things like workout routines and health without getting bored.

This brings me to the problems I see with this system. It's just too boxed in and lacks nuance. It lumps the information elements together into only four elements that can contain self-contradicting items. It forces always exactly two of these to be result/process, strong/weak and passive/aggressive in a prescripted way. It doesn't make a distinction between strong/weak and valued/unvalued which is very important in my opinion. Take F for example, it contains things that would in socionics be called both Se and Si, but in socionics you're free to be strong in both but only value half of it. For example, I care about aesthetics of cars, buildings, the human body but I don't care nearly as much about things like food, clothing, comfort, home interior even if I have no problems taking care of these things when necessary. When it comes to L and E, there are similar problems. L contains elements of logical thinking but also creativity and intuition. Just because you aren't very interested in long-winded nerdy logical debates, philosophizing, brainstorming creative ideas etc. doesn't mean your logic is "weak". Your intuition could be weak and you might devalue one half of it, but that kind of forces your L to be in position 3/4 and the descriptions make it sound like you have problems with logic and understanding the world.

Really, I could see this system working better for NT and SF types because they have a clear preference of logic/intuition vs all kinds of sensing. Introverted ST types could have low V and get around the problem, but extroverted ST types would likely see themselves have strong V, F and L which isn't possible in this system. Then that easily forces L to be the weakest because it's more like an amalgam of Ti and Ne, while V and F are closer to together containing the essence of Te.

Now, you could say that there's no point mixing socionics into this, it's a different system. But I used the examples above to illustrate the problem that arises when you have only 4 very broad "information elements" and force them into three dichotomies. It's quick and dirty but it also creates endless problems of finding things that don't fit. Socionics uses an extra dichotomy to split the information elements into 8 separate ones and that allows more precise distinctions of strong/weak and valued/unvalued and finally better fitting types despite the number being 16 instead of 24.

However, I could accept the system being all about "attitude" which means it's just a way of sorting how you value these elements related to each other, but then you have to throw the whole strong/weak dichotomy out of the window because it implies raw ability in that element.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, to start with I agree the 1F in FVLE could fit, but the descriptions of 2V and 3L in that type don't work very well for me. Like 2V "they wish for themselves and others to enjoy the journey of life even if it means venturing into the taboo" or 3L "not knowing how to explain the world gives them intense anxiety". However, 2F of wanting to endlessly discuss food or aesthetics isn't really me either, although I can discuss things like workout routines and health without getting bored.

This brings me to the problems I see with this system. It's just too boxed in and lacks nuance. It lumps the information elements together into only four elements that can contain self-contradicting items. It forces always exactly two of these to be result/process, strong/weak and passive/aggressive in a prescripted way. It doesn't make a distinction between strong/weak and valued/unvalued which is very important in my opinion. Take F for example, it contains things that would in socionics be called both Se and Si, but in socionics you're free to be strong in both but only value half of it. For example, I care about aesthetics of cars, buildings, the human body but I don't care nearly as much about things like food, clothing, comfort, home interior even if I have no problems taking care of these things when necessary. When it comes to L and E, there are similar problems. L contains elements of logical thinking but also creativity and intuition. Just because you aren't very interested in long-winded nerdy logical debates, philosophizing, brainstorming creative ideas etc. doesn't mean your logic is "weak". Your intuition could be weak and you might devalue one half of it, but that kind of forces your L to be in position 3/4 and the descriptions make it sound like you have problems with logic and understanding the world.

Really, I could see this system working better for NT and SF types because they have a clear preference of logic/intuition vs all kinds of sensing. Introverted ST types could have low V and get around the problem, but extroverted ST types would likely see themselves have strong V, F and L which isn't possible in this system. Then that easily forces L to be the weakest because it's more like an amalgam of Ti and Ne, while V and F are closer to together containing the essence of Te.
    yeah, this is good criticism imo. Related to this I did open up a thread which explains for example why E and emotions are not Fe or Fi and how to logically separate these things. It can be argued that F is not Se or Si and V is not Se, L is not Ti or Te, since those are IMEs and here we are just talking about general attitudes towards aspects of life.

Good example might be Gitler, who was VELF and EIE, but 1V does not mean he was ever good with Se and 2F while in this case goes hand in hand with lead Fe, it has little to do with it in all actuality. V is more like identity, motivation and drive.

Now, you could say that there's no point mixing socionics into this, it's a different system. But I used the examples above to illustrate the problem that arises when you have only 4 very broad "information elements" and force them into three dichotomies. It's quick and dirty but it also creates endless problems of finding things that don't fit. Socionics uses an extra dichotomy to split the information elements into 8 separate ones and that allows more precise distinctions of strong/weak and valued/unvalued and finally better fitting types despite the number being 16 instead of 24.

However, I could accept the system being all about "attitude" which means it's just a way of sorting how you value these elements related to each other, but then you have to throw the whole strong/weak dichotomy out of the window because it implies raw ability in that element.
    Since this is merely about attitudes towards aspects of life the argument is that information elements are entirely different. There are some limitations it seems, example IEI with their Te PolR is probably not going to have Strong F, while Ti mobilizing might mean they are 2L in the end even tho their Ti and Te sucks. Its just the attitude one has towards an aspect.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since this is merely about attitudes towards aspects of life the argument is that information elements are entirely different. There are some limitations it seems, example IEI with their Te PolR is probably not going to have Strong F, while Ti mobilizing might mean they are 2L in the end even tho their Ti and Te sucks. Its just the attitude one has towards an aspect.
    Exactly, I think where this system (at least this english translation, it would be interesting to see the original material even if through google translate) falls apart. It's okay although a little crude when it describes the attitude to certain aspects of life, but it oversteps its bounds when it tries to apply the strong/weak dichotomy arbitrarily to 2 of its 4 aspects when in reality your strengths, weaknesses and even attitudes are more nuanced than that.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly, I think where this system (at least this english translation, it would be interesting to see the original material even if through google translate) falls apart. It's okay although a little crude when it describes the attitude to certain aspects of life, but it oversteps its bounds when it tries to apply the strong/weak dichotomy arbitrarily to 2 of its 4 aspects when in reality your strengths, weaknesses and even attitudes are more nuanced than that.
    still I found it useful in terms of differentiating Fe from 1E tbh, which be4 was a bit confusing. This system however shed some light on why I cave so easily to and avoid or blow up from strong negative emotional expressions of 1E people. aka me being 3E. There seems to be something in the interaction with them that just rubs me the wrong way, they seem selfish, like nails on blackboard to me. I have a definite preference for 2E.

I couldn't explain it with socionics tbh. and kept mistaking 4DFe- for it.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Alchemist is a pretty snug fit. I'll take it.

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol what a grumpy image to represent FLEV

Sexta 5 kinda does seem like..

LII - ESE (VLEF - FELV)
    LSI - EIE (FLEV - VELF)

.. at least as far as stereotypes go.

Russian translated description from psychosophy:

PLEW
    1P

You are pragmatic and materialistic person. You are certain in your moves, you are active in life situations. You believe, it's possible to achieve everything working hardly. You are not interested in far perspectives generally, especially if you doubt it can be realized. You are a high efficient person and you go to your purposes solidly. You are able to do many deals at the same time. Also you prefer to have a rest very actively as well as you work. You like to feel that you are stronger and more adapted than others.
    2L

You are fast and flexible in thinking. On one hand you like building theories, reasoning, learning new things. On the other one you like sharing your ideas and knowledge with friends and other people around. You are not scared by complicated and confused ideas, on the contrary. Though you learn quickly, sometimes you forget quickly as well, if these things are useless for you. People around find you a good teller, they are never bored with you. In talking you have a subconscious habit to intrigue people and after that to reveal with an interesting and clear answer. You hate people who are not able neither to reason nor to listen.
    3E

You are an emotional person very much, you are sensitive and vulnerable. It makes you try to be closed from people around. You don't have many people whom you trust. Towards emotions you value attentiveness, sense of tact, deepness and sincerity. You are able to notice emotional lie and selfishness immediately - it pushes you away. You understand animals well, they like you. Other people find you as a person who is always ready to listen to, to understand, to yield sensibly.

4W

You are a soft and tolerate person. You are able to forgive people if they repent, even after serious mistakes. It's difficult to refuse to people for you, and people around can make a profit from it. But on the other hand you are always ready to defend your friends and relatives, you defend them more stronger than yourself. You are able to be a true companion for people whom you love and value. As for self-organization, perhaps you do everything at the last moment. You admire responsible and confident people, who know what they purpose.

That 3E description is creepy accurate.. wtf.

@Uncle Ave isn't Penny VELF ? Btw I think this is a much easier and str8 forward than socionics duality.
    woah I never read those descriptions before, can you gimme the sauce??

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

achievable natty?

TIM
    ILI-HN ?
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For sake of comparison to AP (and fun in your free time), there are a couple more of these Psychosophy tests around:

http://typtest.ru/psychosofy.htm - 200 questions, result includes the oomph? of each function. Mine was a mixed bag for the 3rd

https://xn--h1aaracmczf9h.com/cgi-bin/test.pl - straightforward/easy to see through.

or breezy with 20 questions: https://bestsocionics.com/test/psychosophy/

Each test gave me EVLF... few aspects of the "character" EVFL resonate, too
    Got ELVF in this test https://bestsocionics.com/test/psychosophy/ and this test https://xn--h1aaracmczf9h.com/cgi-bin/test.pl
    An I got this result in the first test :
    results.PNG
    I can see 3V 4F and I can somewhat see 2L but I don't really see how I could be 1E. I am often unsure of my emotions, of how I show my emotional states to people around me (apart from close family members).

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I'm finding it hard to narrow down my type for the reasons you mentioned. I agree the descriptions can box you in in a weird way, especially if you are a sociotype that sort of contradicts your AP type. You will read those descriptions and go "what? I don't do this." There's a similar problem with certain enneagram descriptions: focusing on behaviors, which leads to confusion.

The best route, maybe, seems to be sticking to individual descriptions of the Aspects. There are brief and good descriptions on the AP site under "Theory," but more fleshed out versions on the Russian sites.

Also, I could analyze myself into almost any attitude and see myself in so many parts of them. What type does that make me? Lol. Probably one that overthinks beyond the simple answer. I'm all ears if someone wants to weigh in on my type.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Banana King View Post
    They were posted a few years ago on this very forum and you'll find them with a Google search of "16 types Psyche Yoga Sexta 1 (2,3,4, etc)": https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...e-Yoga-Sexta-1

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "Enneagram Correlations" section of the AP site is confusing, too. Apparently my enneagram type is rare for any of the AP types I'm considering.....

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    The "Enneagram Correlations" section of the AP site is confusing, too. Apparently my enneagram type is rare for any of the AP types I'm considering.....
    It may be because they can sell you their thing better if they relate the theory to widely spread western typologies (Enneagram is commonly used for "subtyping" in the west, specially in MBTI communities). Take into account that all of which you can find in that page is evergreen content to attract you towards hiring their services (which is not wrong, its normal) so you might be better off taking what's logically plausible and separating these typologies.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For sake of comparison to AP (and fun in your free time), there are a couple more of these Psychosophy tests around:

http://typtest.ru/psychosofy.htm - 200 questions, result includes the oomph? of each function. Mine was a mixed bag for the 3rd

https://xn--h1aaracmczf9h.com/cgi-bin/test.pl - straightforward/easy to see through.

or breezy with 20 questions: https://bestsocionics.com/test/psychosophy/

Each test gave me EVLF... few aspects of the "character" EVFL resonate, too

-I think this means VELF but not sure I'm reading it right (200 question test):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6jrhrj6ki8...%20PM.png?dl=0

-"Breezy" test gave me EVLF.

-bestsocionics site gave me VELF and VLEF as tied for first, then EVLF.

Of course we all know the accuracy of internet tests...
    Last edited by Aria; 03-13-2021 at 03:12 AM.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frddy View Post
    It may be because they can sell you their thing better if they relate the theory to widely spread western typologies (Enneagram is commonly used for "subtyping" in the west, specially in MBTI communities). Take into account that all of which you can find in that page is evergreen content to attract you towards hiring their services (which is not wrong, its normal) so you might be better off taking what's logically plausible and separating these typologies.
    I thought it seemed like a stretch to make the correlation, like what's the basis for doing that? Yeah, I can see there could be some strategy behind it, or he's just noticed patterns in his own typings, or both.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

achievable natty?
    yes if one is FLEV

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This website contains good info on both socionics and psychosophy, you just need to let google chrome translate the website to English:

https://bestsocionics.com/

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my results! VLEF The Contender/ Socrates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-I think this means VELF but not sure I'm reading it right (200 question test):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6jrhrj6ki8...%20PM.png?dl=0

-"Breezy" test gave me EVLF.

-bestsocionics site gave me VELF and VLEF as tied for first, then EVLF.

Of course we all know the accuracy of internet tests...
    creative filling of blanks needed for the 200q test A couple of the questions in the F section were so unsubtle that I could not imagine someone answering positively to them, lol. Being a 4F, how did you find those questions?

In your result neither E or V were close to 1 in the first position, which could be put down to the "abstract" translation...

it got me wondering about how 1V could come across in this message board format. Is it possible?
    No one can really exert their will above yours here, where you can always have the final say - take it or leave it.

You invite discussion, encourage input to decide your type - to me this is 2V, but in real life you may interact differently; may be in a constant state of striving that is unseen here. 1V seem to desire greatly, and once the path is decided ...good luck having an outsider change this course!

1E matches how I present in real life. My speech is littered with exaggeration, inanities like wow and really?!". I'll frequently express adoration so eyeroll inducing for 3E types but I can't help it; the enthusiasm is sincere, so it must be. Be meaning "outside of me". Same goes for laughs; it is easy for me to burst into laughter despite silence all around and some find it amusing to push the button :-) E is visible in facial expression, which is missed when we communicate by text only.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sah Kel Plaisir View Post
    Got ELVF in this test https://bestsocionics.com/test/psychosophy/ and this test https://xn--h1aaracmczf9h.com/cgi-bin/test.pl
    results.PNG
    I can see 3V 4F and I can somewhat see 2L but I don't really see how I could be 1E. I am often unsure of my emotions, of how I show my emotional states to people around me (apart from close family members).
    To be honest I'm not sure what to make of your test result

Would you agree that you ride your emotions out without questioning them, or are they something you look to others to channel/understand better?

You mentioned that you're often unsure of own emotion - how about the emotions of others; are you sensitive to *vibes*, and will you adjust yourself in turn?

Both 1E and 4E are unconscious, not up for discussion or reasoning. 4E can be imbued with intense emotion, and may even welcome people or media that help them "catch" the desired emotion that they are not aware of within themselves or have access to.

It may be helpful to decide (or rule out) which two of your functions are the processional, or which two are extroverted.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sah Kel Plaisir View Post
    results.PNG
    How you carry yourself according to others? That is the best determinant of 1# position IMO.

For example 1E ILI's are usually very much under the stress let others know it by being bit whiny.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ILI-HN ?
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest I'm not sure what to make of your test result

Would you agree that you ride your emotions out without questioning them, or are they something you look to others to channel/understand better?

You mentioned that you're often unsure of own emotion - how about the emotions of others; are you sensitive to *vibes*, and will you adjust yourself in turn?

Both 1E and 4E are unconscious, not up for discussion or reasoning. 4E can be imbued with intense emotion, and may even welcome people or media that help them "catch" the desired emotion that they are not aware of within themselves or have access to.

It may be helpful to decide (or rule out) which two of your functions are the processional, or which two are extroverted.
    I relate to conscious/process emotions and will , unconscious/result physics . I take into consideration other emotions, I don't want to be mean to people and I can be self-conscious on what other people think of me.

I can't say that I ride my emotions without questioning them...

How you carry yourself according to others? That is the best determinant of 1# position IMO.

For example 1E ILI's are usually very much under the stress let others know it by being bit whiny.
    Most people say I'm nice / don't get mad at people / non-aggressive.

I can be whiny, complaining about the difficulties I encounter for example

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20210313_130935.jpg

Ambiguous results for a 200 questions test

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will is the most interesting part of all of this for me, and so I've been reading about it from HERE The first will isn't me, only one or two small aspects of it seem possible, but overall, no. They are quite dominant personalities it sounds like, with Napoleon being used as a frequent example.

The second however, I'm in the middle of reading it, and it's explaining so many of the things I've already mentioned in this thread. Being both stubborn and compliant, not caring about officialdom, rank or authority when gathering sources (or in general.) And even things I've said recently in political threads such as despising rule by tyrant and rule by mob but being very welcome to rule by law (if the law is just.) I'm not done reading about it yet, and may change my mind eventually, but so many things are hitting home.

Selected quotes from 2nd will description:
    All is not lost =)
    "What is permissible to Jupiter is not allowed by the bull," the ancient Romans said, thus formulating a hierarchical principle destructive to morality and law. However, they liked to repeat: "The law is harsh, but it is the law" - recognizing the existence of a different, protective, extra-hierarchical "noble" principle. Both of these principles have been fighting in the world for centuries, which of them will win - will show the future, the main thing, judging by the fact that morality and law still exist, the 2nd Will has not yet lost.
    Giving up minor issues
    In Dostoyevsky's "The Brothers Karamazov" Lisa asks Alesha Karamazov: "Will you obey me?" - "Yes!" - "In everything?" - "Almost in everything, but in the main - no. I'm not going to be the main one." It is similar," Abraham Lincoln lived and acted in Karamazovsky. Whitman wrote of him: "On the rare occasions when it came to something cardinal, decisive, he was unwaveringly firm, even stubborn, in general, when it came to something not too significant, was compliant, compliant, tolerant, extremely malleable."
    Freedom, individual rights as highest value:
    His and someone else's freedom, even in the struggle for freedom, for the "nobleman" is the most expensive. And he walks along the party-non-partisan line, many sympathetic, but with nothing merging.
    Unfortunately worldwide I see this changing, quite quickly and dramatically unless we stop the encroachment as governments everywhere are seizing far too much power imo:
    It is obvious that according to his political convictions the 2nd Will is a natural democrat, as opposed to the same 1st Will - a natural monarchist. The struggle between them is also predetermined from the century, but the picture of martial arts is clearer: so far clearly wins the 2nd Will. There is a growing number of countries governed by elected bodies that have prioritized individual rights over all other rights.
    Yes indeed:
    The ideal position for the 2nd Will is not to rule and not to obey at all - which rarely succeeds in our interdependent world, but is a secret dream of all "nobles".

Third will is fascinating, at least as described here. In this site Stalin is often used as an example, and in other places I've seen Trump typed as 3rd will. It seems like people with 3rd will both hate power, and crave it at the same time. (Sorry if I'm mischaracterizing) It's interesting to read about.
    Last edited by squark; 03-13-2021 at 07:08 PM.

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They were posted a few years ago on this very forum and you'll find them with a Google search of "16 types Psyche Yoga Sexta 1 (2,3,4, etc)": https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...e-Yoga-Sexta-1

Ohhh, now I noticed they're the same descriptions but the ones posted on individual threads were manually translated and the one posted here was auto-translate so I didn't recognize them lol. I swear I've read the descriptions fromevery source I could find many times so I know them word by word hahah

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20210313_130935.jpg

2L stands out, and based on those results E would not be unconscious. Where do the other tests, particularly bestsocionics, place your physics?

I suspect one of my friends has 1F. If I'm correct, these people just *do*what works for them in terms of exercise routines and the cut of clothing they suit best (quick examples). What works for them does not have to be polished, it is more about adherence. They are pretty self assured/unhesitant in this area and can provide advice if prompted, but what you do is not their prerogative.

Do certain habits relating to the "material" centre you, or do you view these as burdensome; keeping you from fields you'd rather spend your time on?

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20210313_130935.jpg

Your results are similar to mine. High 2L, At first I thought it wouldn't be possible to be 1F as ILE so I thought perhaps I was LFEV or something. But then as I read more descriptions and thought about it carefully I realized that my F is very result-oriented meanwhile my L is more democratic. So 1F and 2L made better sense.
    My scores were pretty strange though, my highlighted numbers were 2L, 2V, 2F and 4E. But in terms of highest possible number for each position, 1F was the largest at 0.6 or 0.7, (1L was 0.3 perhaps), 2L was >0.9, and then 3E was greater than 3V and 4E also slightly greater than 4V. I opted for 3E and 4V based on descriptions.

The best way to type imo is to think in terms of process vs result. Which are your two strongest functions? Are they process oriented (do them for their own sake, fun, etc.) or results oriented (do them for results, then leave them aside)?
    Repeat this process with your two weakest functions. It's a lot harder since you don't use them as much but you can notice the difference between process and results. The third function is kind of a background function which is very receptive to information about the function albeit incompetent at applying the function effectively. So 3F is very physically perceptive, 3L is logically perceptive, etc. Meanwhile the fourth function is more like a switch that you turn on and off. It turns off automatically in times of stress.

Something funny is that since the 1st and 4th function are both result oriented then they look quite similar. Especially 1L and 4L and 1E and 4E, which are exclusively verbal/emotional so there's no physical or 'attitude' difference that you see between 1F/4F and 1V/4V. So in order to differentiate the 1st and 4th function a good way to see it is in terms of stress: When people are stressed, they overuse the 1st function and shut down the 4th. So in your case you could figure out if you indulge your senses or start thinking a lot when stressed. I thought it was odd how I could be a 1F as an ILE with 1D Si and then I noticed that I eat a lot/exercise/etc. to relieve stress and so it all made sense lol.

The LIE equivalent in PY is probably VLEF. It wouldn't be weird if you were FLEV since they're in the same sexta.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You invite discussion, encourage input to decide your type - to me this is 2V, but in real life you may interact differently; may be in a constant state of striving that is unseen here. 1V seem to desire greatly, and once the path is decided ...good luck having an outsider change this course!

1E matches how I present in real life. My speech is littered with exaggeration, inanities like wow and really?!". I'll frequently express adoration so eyeroll inducing for 3E types but I can't help it; the enthusiasm is sincere, so it must be. Be meaning "outside of me". Same goes for laughs; it is easy for me to burst into laughter despite silence all around and some find it amusing to push the button :-) E is visible in facial expression, which is missed when we communicate by text only.
    Thanks thistle. Yeah, I'm generally diplomatic and democratic, and I think 2V fits pretty well. However I'm extremely driven towards certain goals, am an entrepreneur, and it's difficult to stop the striving.

I've gone back and forth between accommodating other people and then being like "you know what?! I need to get this thing done for myself." A lot of my life has been a balancing act between what I want/how I feel and what others want and how they feel, but in the end I always go after my Ni goals even if it's not done immediately

In regards to the potential of being 1E: are you Fi valuing? I'm trying to determine how a 1E Fi valuer would differ from a 1E Fe valuer.

I'm honest about how I'm doing/feeling and am usually told that I'm "genuine," "passionate." I'm reserved and hold back if I don't trust the person, though. My creative Fe usually doesn't allow me to negatively impact other people with expression. I'm careful to avoid hurting people's feelings, causing offense, or letting negativity spill over onto them. Considering the emotional impact on others seems 2E, but maybe it's just my Fe. I also grew up with a 3E father and I think this caused me to be more constrained in my expression.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So in order to differentiate the 1st and 4th function a good way to see it is in terms of stress: When people are stressed, they overuse the 1st function and shut down the 4th. So in your case you could figure out if you indulge your senses or start thinking a lot when stressed. I thought it was odd how I could be a 1F as an ILE with 1D Si and then I noticed that I eat a lot/exercise/etc. to relieve stress and so it all made sense lol.
    Do you think the 3rd can become unhealthy, too? I overthink majorly when stressed. Enough to make me wonder if I'm 1L.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast