Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New personality theory based on genders that I invented

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New personality theory based on genders that I invented

It goes like this: there are three levels of auto-image (barring the physical embodiment) where you can have one out of four options; man, boy, woman, or girl (there is also lass and lad, but for the purposes of this thread they will be treated as woman and man, since they are simply a variation (or sort of an adolescent Man or Woman)).

So there are three positions; the first position is your external autoimage, the second position your internal auto-image, and the third position your deep auto-image (might be unbeknownst to the holder).

Code:
    [ External Identity - Internal Identity - True Identity ]
    So for example, a person can be a Man externally (or this person thinks they appear as a Man) , a Woman internally (they really think themselves a Woman) and deeply, they are in reality a Boy. So that would be Man-Woman-Boy (Combined Gender Identity).

People can be typed using this system and VI can be used.
    Last edited by roger557; 03-01-2021 at 07:20 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will post some projected examples (since this theory is still in a preminary phase and untested). The method for determining these types has been primary VI (in the future some test could be developed, etc):

Man (lad) - Boy - Woman

----------

Man - Man - Girl

-----------

Man - Man - Man

------------

Man - Man - Woman

----------

It can shift. For example:

Woman - Boy -Boy

Man (lad) - Man - Girl

Last edited by roger557; 11-20-2021 at 02:56 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 7w6 ELVF
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice model!
    What does "true identity" mean? Mayby thats my fi devaluing or machiavellianism, but how to judge gender without specific criterion.
    If I don't have any internal identities (values are only tool to live in society like ridiculous rules in child games), that will be make me soft version of my biological gender?
    So: boy-boy-boy

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking there's also old man/old woman, like for example Sean Connery who seems old man. I also assume now that it can vary with age (seems logical) but actually, based on observation, the types seem somewhat static.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sean Connery: Old Man - Woman (?) - Boy (?)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RIP (just noticed)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump. I plan on further developing this theory, adding possible compatibility schematics. Primary version:

- On each level of auto-image, the compatibility is between opposite genders, and same age gap.
    - Between different age gaps, various "inter-types" would follow. For example, a boy with an old man in the external, would play out very similarly to how it is inferred . There are several levels of interaction, the surface interaction between the first levels, and the deep interaction between the third levels. The second level doesn't seem to affect much in interaction, it is only a self-referential thing. The interaction between the third levels is more a soul thing, and is very interesting for true compatibility (seems to be determinant). For example, a Man-x-Girl, would invariably fall in love with x-x-Boy (prob Woman-x-Boy), unless "gay". Other interactions are possible.
    -Ideally it should always be opposite. Eg. Boy-Boy-Girl, with Girl-Girl-Boy. Old man-Old man-Old man with Old woman-Old woman-Old woman. There could be a man that fancies old womans, and an an old woman that fancies lads, so it is also possible to have these combinations.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    So for example, a person can be a Man externally (or this person thinks they appear as a Man) , a Woman internally (they really think themselves a Woman) and deeply, they are in reality a Boy. So that would be Man-Woman-Boy (Combined Gender Identity).
    What does it mean to think of oneself as a man, woman, or boy?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More stuff:

-The first two parameters are not static; they can shift by life events (like normal growing up) o perhaps even at will. The third parameter (what you really are) is static. Having issues (identity, sexual issues) can also make the first two parameters shift.
    -This theory explains for example, how a man can have success when trying to score with lesbians for example. If this Man is actually: girl, lass, woman or old-woman on the third parameter. During my exploration into a lesbian IRC channel, I noticed I was not the only male who liked to hang out with lesbians. I bet some of them were females in the third parameter.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    What does it mean to think of oneself as a man, woman, or boy?
    You are referring to the second level (I think)? That your 'auto-identity' is that of a man, woman or boy.

[What you externally are (unconscious-external)] - [What you think you are(Conscious-internal)] - [What you really are (unsconscious-internal)]

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are referring to the second level (I think)? That your 'auto-identity' is that of a man, woman or boy.
    Well, I guess I'm confused by the "what you really are" category too. What makes someone "really" a man or woman?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full list of possibilites:

(Lad/lass= adolescent man or woman )

Baby
    Boy/girl
    Lad/lass
    Man/Woman
    Old man/Old woman
    Null
    Infinity (∞)
    Last edited by roger557; 12-01-2021 at 05:59 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I guess I'm confused by the "what you really are" category too. What makes someone "really" a man or woman?
    This theory presumes that "gender" in an inmanent thing, as well as "age".

You've made me realize that there is also the option of "null", that is , having no identity. And I suspect there also the option of being an "identity-changer" that is that you have a shifting identity in either the first or the second level.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am the son
    And the heir
    Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
    I am the son and heir
    Of nothing in particular

You shut your mouth
    How can you say
    I go about things the wrong way?
    I am human and I need to be loved
    Just like everybody else does
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    I am the son
    And the heir
    Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
    I am the son and heir
    Of nothing in particular

You shut your mouth
    How can you say
    I go about things the wrong way?
    I am human and I need to be loved
    Just like everybody else does
    Feeling poetic today?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anybody wants to be typed by me using this theory, feel free to raise your hand in this thread.

@Eudaimonia, since you polluted this thread, thinking it was the "post lyrics from a song" thread, you'll be my test subject; I think you are: ​Lass - Girl - Boy

(I've seen your picture so that helps)

Edit: Maybe Lass - Lad - Boy
    Last edited by roger557; 11-24-2021 at 01:09 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wanted to add a disclaimer.. you don't have to feel offended if you get some weird type. I myself am right now an old man - boy - girl (although I'm originally a man - man - girl like Viggo Mortensen-- I'm under the status effect of "Mini" and "Oldify". That's another thing, status effects). Also note that this theory has nothing to do with sexual preference. You could be a male girl - girl - girl, and like physical women.
    Last edited by roger557; 11-24-2021 at 07:07 AM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anybody wants to be typed by me using this theory, feel free to raise your hand in this thread.

@Eudaimonia, since you polluted this thread, thinking it was the "post lyrics from a song" thread, you'll be my test subject; I think you are: ​Lass - Girl - Boy

(I've seen your picture so that helps)
    Feel free to type me. I think my pics in the member picture thread are up if you need them (unless imgur's automatically deleted them), but I can take another if you want.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feel free to type me. I think my pics in the member picture thread are up if you need them (unless imgur's automatically deleted them), but I can take another if you want.

I saw them, I think I remember. Probably Man - Old man - Boy . Does it make sense? Do you appear as a man, think of youself an old man, and are actually a boy?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw them, I think I remember. Probably Man - Old man - Boy . Does it make sense? Do you appear as a man, think of youself an old man, and are actually a boy?
    I see. Well, if I don't know what I actually am, I suppose I can't speak on whether or not I'm "actually" a boy, but I know I don't think of myself as an old man.

Anyway, why do you think what you do for me?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. Well, if I don't know what I actually am, I suppose I can't speak on whether or not I'm "actually" a boy, but I know I don't think of myself as an old man.

Anyway, why do you think what you do for me?
    Well, it's VI, but I'll try to break it down: You appear externally a man (A young man, but not a lad [adolescent], this covers behavior and appeareance more than actual gender), this one is tricky to guess but you seem concerned with old people stuff and have a sort of innate wisdom that makes me think you are internally an old man, and you are actually a boy because (not really sure, I just used my intuition) you are actually a kid at heart. How would you type yourself (to compare)? I really need to make a test for this.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apologies for warning your post; it was an accident! ( @MissDucki feel free to warn me in retaliation)

I see though. I feel I'm childlike in a way, so sure. I don't know what "old people stuff" I'm concerned with, but maybe that's just because I don't know many old people I think much of. I would say I spend most of my time thinking about how to approach life, if that makes sense -- I don't have a sense of being settled.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 11-22-2021 at 11:03 PM.

Ding dong your opinion is wrong Teslobo's Avatar
    TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't suppose you're planning any comprehensive explanations of this. I don't see this as all that believable or usable unless you can explain why the system is the way it is - why are 3 indicators necessary? Why these indicators specifically? Wtf do these indicators even mean? What do you actually learn about someone from a typing in this?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Teslobo View Post
    why are 3 indicators necessary?
    Because it seems these are the levels of identity that a person has according to their age/gender. To develop it, I got a clue from an old word game a family member used to play.

Why these indicators specifically?
    You mean the levels or the options for the levels?

Wtf do these indicators even mean?
    They mean what age/gender you have in each level of auto-identity.

What do you actually learn about someone from a typing in this?
    Well, I suspect this theory, if true, can have a variety of uses -- for example, to diagnose possible shifting/unstable identities in people that have gender issues or arrested development issues. I think it can also be used to look for compatibility (such a a sort of "duality" here too, between people that have same age and opposite gender). It's also is fun and increases self-awareness. Can't think of anything else right now.

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What drugs, if any, did you take to develop this?
    how to enlarge your dragon, click here

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    get ready to get cucked
    got this Socionics stuff caught by the balls

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've added "null" and "baby" to the identity list.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mysteryofdungeon View Post
    What drugs, if any, did you take to develop this?
    Changa.

not really

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very confused. You jumped into odd little details of your model without first clearly defining the traits associated with the genders/ages. Is the implication that most people have gender dysphoria? Are the genders/ages meant to be taken as symbolic archetypes? Also who's to say what someone's "true identity" is? How do I determine that?

Feel free to type my with your system if you like
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My external identity might be different to my internal identity after all. Or my external identity protects an internal and true one.

[ External identity: boy - Internal identity: girl - True identity: something that will be revealed to me? ]

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    I'm very confused. You jumped into odd little details of your model without first clearly defining the traits associated with the genders/ages. Is the implication that most people have gender dysphoria? Are the genders/ages meant to be taken as symbolic archetypes? Also who's to say what someone's "true identity" is? How do I determine that?

Feel free to type my with your system if you like
    Tbh, I don't know. It might be normal for people to have these types I'm getting (some cases) and others might be the result of abnormal upbringing or experiences. The ages/genders are just literal. To determine true identity, you have to be a Dragon with True Seeing skill.

I think you are (caught a glimpse of you on one if your YT vids) Man - Old Man - Lad. Perhaps Old Man - Old Man - Lad ?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    My external identity might be different to my internal identity after all. Or my external identity protects an internal and true one.

[ External identity: boy - Internal identity: girl - True identity: something that will be revealed to me? ]
    That sounds good. Maybe 'null' ?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take note that some people have multiple "forms", and also life circumstance can shift the identities. The third changing most likelly means the person has an identity problem. I have boy - old man (I was this when I was a kid) form and old man - boy form, but the third doesn't change for me. If left to my own devices I turn Man -Man - Girl (which I was when I was around 22 years old),

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds good. Maybe 'null' ?
    'null' sounds like a lonely or maybe superficial existence - because it doesn't have an opposite to interact with. What do you think?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take note also this: the quadras correlate with ages as follows,

Alpha: Boy/Girl
    Beta: Lad/Lass
    Gamma: Man/Woman
    Delta: Old Man/Old Woman

So depending on your types in this theory you will vibe like one of the quadras, and also your "natural development" in the first two levels might correspond with your socionics type's quadra.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    'null' sounds like a lonely or maybe superficial existence - because it doesn't have an opposite to interact with. What do you think?
    Maybe another null? Same with "baby", maybe another baby?

Edit: I'm thinking this is maybe in the third level. I think even though the most likely compatibility match is with your gender opposite, maybe there could be a woman that likes babies for example? Similarly to socionics, what these would tell you is the "tone" of the relationship, like ITR's.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A person who has DID, if they ever get catatonic, would probably be null - null - null, or if they get lucky null - null - x (assuming they were able to at least naturally develop their true identity in childhood).

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh, I don't know. It might be normal for people to have these types I'm getting (some cases) and others might be the result of abnormal upbringing or experiences. The ages/genders are just literal. To determine true identity, you have to be a Dragon with True Seeing skill.

I think you are (caught a glimpse of you on one if your YT vids) Man - Old Man - Lad. Perhaps Old Man - Old Man - Lad ?
    Lol well I still don't understand how you came to those conclusions, so I suppose I don't have the True Seeing skill, but it's not surprising to me I got Old Man for one of them
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Method for ascertaining identities for an observer(third person):

First level: Pretty straightforward. Just how a person comes across.
    Second level: good psychology is needed.
    Third level: intuition, True seeing

Self assesment:

A) Just try to figure them out
    B) Test (will probably craft it some day)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I've identified another form that people can have in their levels of this theory: infinity (∞). Example of infinity here in this video (∞ - ∞ - Girl.) : In anime there are many characters that are infinity (God or Goddess, or similar, characters).

I'm thinking dark-Chii (from chobits) is also
    ∞ - ∞ - Girl. Goku and Son Gohan when they turn SSJ also could be ∞ - ∞ - Man and ∞ - ∞ - Boy

(I've been thinking; It seems now I'm a Man - Old Man - Null. Sucks because when I was in my prime when I was 22 years old, I was a Man - Man - Girl, which is what I believe I am originally).

EDIT: Okay it seems each enneagram centre has with an accompanying "trytipe" with this theory. If you are not using your main type, your genders and ages can change too, which is my case since I'm using either my head fix or my gut fix; my heart fix is sort of "disconnected". /ramblings
    Last edited by roger557; 12-01-2021 at 08:31 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Okay I'll do it.

My External Identity is a Man (I have what my dad calls a 'tallywhacker')
    My Internal Identity is a Man too (even if I can't throw a ball well and I don't want to play straight male first person shooters)
    My True Identity is a Man (I'm a typical pervy guy - I connect more with somebody if I'm allowed to spit on their face rather than emotionally connect to him via a romantic movie)
    I probably get off on killing, choking and hunting things despite being gay.

So I'm all man baby- sorry. I don't relate to the trans/multi-gender thing much. I have liked/related somewhat with the Two-Spirit thing in Native American cultures but that didn't feel 100% perfect either. I definitley have traits that society would consider more feminine, but that doesn't mean I feel like a woman/or a girl. I can't say I do with any seriousness - only in a jokey way. I can be kinder/more sensitive than the average dick I guess, I'm not really a straight male douche (I'm a gay male douche lolol)

I don't think people should be bullied, discriminated against, or mistreated by assholes for not neatly fitting in with some narrow form of gender- I think most people have nonbinary traits but with that said I still think people are either pure male or pure female for the most part... ((I admit I'm still trying to understand the trans thing... )) like I don't feel any less of a man even though I obviously do many things that aren't considered to be very manly. It might seem contradictory or it doesn't make sense- but to me it makes perfect sense. I don't think only Te things should get to define what a man or woman is- maybe that's what I'm trying to say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast