Thread: The will to live

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Life is mundane. What gives you the will to keep going?
    Chocolate. And Coffee, of course, give me the will to keep going. Reasons to keep going are that I think tomorrow might be better than today.

Seriously, I just read an article about that. It talked about what happens when people get so depressed that they think life is not worth the effort. I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I think it said that people return to having an interest in life when they get angry about something. Not sure if that is the chicken or the egg, though. I'll see if I can find the article.

In my experience, after a large rearrangement in my life, I usually have to step back and rethink. This can look like depression, but it is not. At least, I think it is not. It is just reassessment, which takes some time, depending on the amount of information to reassess.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revenge.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pain. i think every day that i can't go on with all this pointless shit. at work i want to tell everyone: you make me want to die.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It used to be for me that the best revenge was to keep on living and kicking. To not give in to his attempts to break my spirit.

Up until recently it included the affection and joy from a treasured family member, but that was just taken away from us.

Now it's so R won't have to deal with my death, and so my daughter will have emergency help if she needs it.
    Plus, i suppose, I want to accomplish SOMEthing with my life. But that doesn't seem likely.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't think about it.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sex.

The change in weather. I often have a good emotional change when the weather starts to get really cool or really warm.

Just waiting for things to get better. "Waiting is erotic." Even if they don't, well.. the human spirit to survive & thrive is strong.

Not acting/reacting like an emotional retard over stuff you see in the media/or making it your life is also so important. The elite want us to get our panties in a wad over sadism, who is currently transgender, who is racist, who is gay- who is this , who is that. It's just insanity that we don't need to feed into. This means not getting into petty arguements with people about television shows, not even reacting too offensively to racist shootings... I'm not saying its not okay to get upset over racism, but really - unless you lived through something yourself, do you really need an outside force just projecting your pain 24/7? Sure it's amusing but it also gets old after awhile. So, it's the happiness is a small warm place in your heart type of thing.

Also if it really was that painful, you wouldn't so gleefully run to the media to tell the world about it- so c'mon.

the question is , do we go on because we have the will to do so, or are we just doing the bare minimum and see what happens? #projectinprojectin

life comes in waves and lots of people are waiting for the next high. i think we should learn to cause it !
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 06-25-2015 at 08:20 AM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thought of sex is sickening to me lately. Most of the things I used to love are.
    What's going on?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

The thought of sex is sickening to me lately. Most of the things I used to love are.
    You are not the only IEI I have heard say something similar recently. Not that it is sickening but more uninteresting or they feel apathetic toward having sex or even other things they previously enjoyed. It is like it comes and goes in blocks. Just from talking about it with them, it is like when they are into it they are all in but when they are not the idea of it puts them off. I know you may have other reasons at this time though.

When I feel that life is mundane I tend to lose myself in mythology or magic. Then I start thinking there are a lot of things I might want to do or people I want to meet before I check out for good. I used to wake up wishing I hadn't but now, if I am in a state of apathy, I wake up and look for one thing that makes me want to go on. Sometimes it is a person other times it is just the ability to find some form of magical spark in the mundane. If I don't find it I find a way to create it myself by doing or saying something impulsive.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kalimera View Post
    the question is , do we go on because we have the will to do so, or are we just doing the bare minimum and see what happens? #projectinprojectin

life comes in waves and lots of people are waiting for the next high. i think we should learn to cause it !
    I fully agree, sev. I was going to say something similar: if life is too mundane for you (anybody), DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!
    Unless you're enslaved or imprisoned, it's totally within your power!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    I fully agree, sev. I was going to say something similar: if life is too mundane for you (anybody), DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!
    Unless you're enslaved or imprisoned, it's totally within your power!
    Se demonstrative?

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for me, there are lots of periods of mundaneness and then some periods where it feels like magic is real.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Se demonstrative?
    whatever it is, that's how i've always seen things, and it's how i live my life.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What gives you the will to keep going?
    Life itself, and it's cyclic nature. Understanding that we're all just a part of the big circle of life.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Giving my self things to look forward to
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being responsible for the welfare of my family. That will keep me trucking forever.

That and kinda just being a happy person.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"those who need myths are indeed poor" — the thrill is implicit. but, "every day you don't commit suicide is a good day." it's that life is worth it precisely because there's nothing more, not that there's a bunch of reasons why one should commit suicide.

what I found during a relatively traumatic period of my life, was that this kind of existential indifference that I had was what really kept me going. the reality of the struggle forced me to acknowledge the essentials, and somehow I found a way out. but having gotten past that, I can only say that there isn't really any specific thing that makes it worth it (though I don't advocate suicide, really), it more or less comes down to a vibe that you either feel or you don't. but the pure contingency of it all is enough to base a kind of new faith on...
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, you can't exactly enjoy death, so I just do what I'm supposed to do, because I'll get a little enjoyment here or there.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope.... because the best is to come...
    also seeing the positive even in the most lost individuals...

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may sound egocentric (probably because it is), but I tend to think that the people in my life would be worse off without my insights. The more I think about that, though, I tend to just really not like the idea of dying. I'd worry that my family would destabilize and because of my Granny's prolonged grieving after an Uncle's death, I worry about the effects of another tragic death.

So I keep working. When I can't work on stuff, I watch documentaries that are uplifting or comedians who are silly, like Bill Bailey. Then the whole process of wanting to live comes back with time and I can resume whatever it is I need to do that I've been putting off doing.

just dont get fat ppl

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to make the first part of the sentence wrong is what keeps me going. Actually my life is not mundane so don't know if that is even valid.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Creepy-male

By making life less mundane. Life is a wave of ups and downs and I'm just on it for the ride.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    By making life less mundane. Life is a wave of ups and downs and I'm just on it for the ride.
    I agree. It's hard for me to deal with the downs as I'm sure it is for everyone else but just knowing that life can't be super amazing all the time brings me some kind of relief. The only thing that really helps me is traveling a lot. I've been making it a point to take vacations about 5 times a year. And I take about one week off every month or two from work so I don't get stuck in a rut. I still have crappy days but that's a given.

I think where you live has a lot to do with how much you enjoy your life. Even if you're surrounded by friends and family you love, if you hate where you live, it sucks the life out of you. This is my current situation.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

The wandering instinct? Also, big -not mundane- goals & achievements, contributing something good/useful & helping others, havin' fun with some people; oh and meditating/spiritual stuff?...

I don't see any of that as mundane...

When I feel like I have less vitality, something to achieve, some competition or even an outright fight perks me up

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How do you make life feel good? What are your thought processes?
    It helps to believe you are a good person. Just because one or two (or every bastard I've met today) thinks that I am not worth the time of day, there are people who firmly believe I am worth their time. Granted, they mostly exist in my head, but they really like me. I like them, too.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have little things to look forward to every day, like eating food or seeing friends. Mundane doesn't bother me.
    Sometimes the food is lousy and the friends are absent. That's okay, too. The food and company are likely to be better in a day or two.
    Making something or being productive gives me a little thrill. That's more of the mundane.
    I always have an inner joy that's NTR called "The Joy of the Lord." And I'm never really alone.
    The more time I spend with God, the more exciting little surprises He gives me. I say I have "the luck of a hobbit."
    I wouldn't necessarily say I have "the will to keep going." But neither do I have "the will to stop."
    Death would be fine for me. Life is fine for me. I will always be fine.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you make life feel good? What are your thought processes?
    Although I could try to explain my though process I do not think it is something that can be applied to others. To put it in a very simple terms I think that it is mainly a state of mind (although is affected by external events) that one can change at will. That is what I try to do when I am not in a good place in life.

Overall what I do though is I live in constant change. I never stay in one place for long, I keep changing projects, my place of living, my personal life (soon I will have another child for example). Add to the mix some travel and meeting new people and you see that your life is so full of events that it is the opposite of mundane. I need change as one needs oxygen and I make sure my life is filled with it. Not that life becomes easy per se, it may even become extremely difficult - but never boring.

Constant change combined with a certain goal, no matter how mundane lets me experience a sense of purpose as well. Not that what I achieved is something substantial, but that I tried to reach it. It keeps me going places, I always strive for something better and once achieved I strive for more. And whatever I do I never try for perfection, just for "good enough".
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to fulfill my nature. Consequentially, it means a desire to find interesting things and evolve with them.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ Whoa... that post combined with that avatar..

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Life does look mundane, when you look at it with a mundane mind. With a crystalline, trained mind life looks like a wonder, no matter where you look. Hell and heaven are both right here.

Letting go of all expectations and requirements was key for me. Sometimes I am still grabbed by them, but then I remind myself to let go of them again. Non-attachment to results.

I yearn for freedom and peace of mind. Also, freedom is not freedom. Real freedom is all internal. A person can feel free in a prison cell.

Don't take my word for it though, I wouldn't. It's great to experiment.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The things that I wish to achieve are my only drive.

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Starfall :

Yea I feel like this sometimes. But then if you have an open mind you'll eventually see that life is anything but mundane. In fact how you see the world and perceive it depends entirely on how your mind is. A depressed mind is going to perceive the world as ugly, full of defects, full of dirt. An euphoric mind perceives the world as totally perfect and anything is possible, in between the two is the entrance to the trasformation of mundane into magical. Actually life is supposed to be magical to human beings but our minds are very dirty so... they perceive world and everything in it as dirty. Like a dirty mirror reflects dirty images so is the mind. The mirror once clean will reflect everything exactly as it is. You clean the mirror in many ways but the ones I found useful are in tibetan buddhism. You can go anyway spiritually, ultimately it's the same, the more love, compassion, wisdom, etc, - the better your experience of reality. A bad mood, a bad thought can make the mirror dirty. The less you cultivate bad moods and bad thoughts about yourself, others and the world, the more the mirror becomes clear again.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Videos games, web surfing, masturbation, not dying

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just figured: well, there's either no God and I just rot in the ground when I die, or God gets pissed off at me for rolling over, so I may as well do something or other. I tend to just go around and meet all walks of people, ask them questions, see how they're doing, listen to their stories, and pass on whatever I have learned in the meantime. Eventually you come across people who become dear to you, and wanting to be in good condition should they ever need you helps to add some fuel to the proverbial fire.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Learning and understanding the world, trying to find purpose and meaning, seeing the beauty in the world, laughter, joy, relationships with others.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will to live has always been money, power, coffee, sex, love, goals. Lately I've lost my enjoyment in everything and I go to work and sleep. I'm hoping moving to a hotter climate will help. There's a lot keeping me from offing myself even tho I lose the will to live on and off.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast