Thread: Understanding DCNH type structurally by using connective thinking.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Understanding DCNH type structurally by using connective thinking.

As we can see in image above DCNH subtypes share similar characteristics.

Dominant:
    It is lonely at the top. I have finally achieved an unique position in hierarchy.
    As we can see dominant subtype has created his/her own environm theent where he/she rules.

Creative:
    In order to make something happen I have to ensure that things are done according to my vision.
    As we can see creative subtype has to some point in time to take normalizing attributes on his/her shoulders.

Normalizing:
    I just wanted things to be convenient and therefore I have achieved harmonious state between myself and the world.
    As we can see normalizer has adopted harmonizing ways to ensure rather large personal comfort zone.

Harmonizing:
    It turned out to be important to get out there and take a lead in some matters just to ensure that things do not get stuck in a rut.
    As we can see harmonizer has later adopted dominant ways.

Maybe proper place for this is in Viewpoints subforum.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 03-24-2018 at 08:12 AM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. Why is this the direction? Is it connected to flow of information leading(D)-creative(C)-role(N)-PoLR(H)?

Ive always wondered about the arrows
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think normalizer is more about putting order around him/her than being in the comfort zone, comfort zone would be more H imo. N and H are switched.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would this be correct?:

D dominates to get people to create
    C creates in order to establish a new order
    N normalizes to get convinience
    H adapts in order to manipulate
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Personal comfort as in being safe inside of your own sphere. N type would be a coordinator not a leader. Thus terminating and less initiative.

As I just happened to ask some help from H type. It was directive take by her. Very connective behavior.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Crystal

I think its like something the subtype is aiming for. N wants to put everything in order so that they can relax. But there is always more to do so they will never achieve the desired relaxation

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The normalizers usually takes burden over something. You would not want to disturb their personal flow [something I have noticed from time to time]. I go and extend myself then N says: "stop it and just take care of your own business/rights". I don't quite get it. I don't want those kinds of regulations.

Yes, H would be quite comfortable however he/she moves quite easily away from it when needed and restores him/herself later.
    Similar thing with C.
    Neurotic normalizers... Like the world is going to burn this minute if not....
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am either C or N according to this, not H.

Though since I am currently not 100 percent sure of my type it doesn't matter.

Maybe I'll come back to this later once I am 100 percent settled (if such is possible).
    Last edited by Ave; 03-24-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think this has a lot to do with the quaternary split of any given project (defined at the onset, with any goal being divisible into a fourfold process), so what DCNH does is view personality through the lens of each person preferring to take on that area of responsibility. you can blow the project up to a global scale and look at DCNH as a kind of clock of socion with the improvement of civilization in general terms being the goal, thus each type takes on their respective territory. its basically a different quaternary laid over civilization's progress in time. somewhat supplementary to quadral values, except quadral shifts and their values are said to occur when the prior quadra exhausts itself and their values become insufficient to their problems. here the DCNH split looks as things not in terms of linear exclusive progression with a dominant figure controlling but rather as a holistic collaboration of a team. in other words, quadra values supplies a narrative of psychological/moral development that subsumes the old, here we see things more as a single organism with each person having an equally important role, thus things like "dominant" are sort of deloaded as "motivator" ete--in that sense you can definitely see beta as "motivator" in the group, whether to fight or to support etc

I actually think this is how ESI and alpha NTs come to the same issue in totally different terms, because you could see in this the germ of a pernicious miscommunication where one accepts the excess of beta as natural and in doing so tries to take the moral legitimacy out from under ESI. in a way what gulenko's DCNH system as applied to civilizations stands for is the ethical relativism of IEE in rule format. like Jung says, beware of borrowed wisdom

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'd think that typical hectic soccer mom /dad stereotype stems from D&N types.

H&C are much less time table regulated. I'm totally unable to carry out something based on minute schedule on daily basis.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm still wondering about the direction of the arrows and why it is so.

Is the model A functional emphasis somehow causing this dynamic D->C->N->H->

Quotes from here

D
    In his 1st function the Dominant works "at full steam" and even more. In that sense, it's not just hidden somewhere processing information -- in Dominant it is evident at all times. If this is Te, he is not just busy all the time: he is working on three jobs, and in between speaks and teaches others what they should do. If, however, he does not work, he thinks and does various actions in his imagination, and then, once again, speaks about it, aloud and loudly, with confidence and an air of authority. (For this display, you need to multiply the usual manifestations of the base functions times three)
    C
    It is easiest to demonstrate Creative in the 2nd function, but in principle, variants are possible. Incidentally, if a product originates from a Dominant it is immediately exposed as show and "hype" -- Creative can easily work "for himself", "on the table" [Translator's Note: this seems to be an idiom meaning "alone" or "at home, in private"], or for a narrow circle of those to whom it may be necessary and/or interesting.
    N
    Normalizing calls for compliance to the rules of his own role (other types, of course, also adhere to norms in the region of the role function, but this is more noticeable in Normalizing, especially the requirement of the same from others). For example, Dumas [SEI] is adamant in his desire that guests do not be late, Balzac [ILI] - will make sure that everyone washes their hands before eating, and Jack [LIE] calls for control over emotions: “We're getting a little emotional - that's enough!”
    H
    Always ready to help, to meet you halfway, thereby inconveniencing himself. In general, he frequently lives with a sensation of discomfort and stress, and does so consciously. That by itself does not have sufficient value for him. But behold if we do something not very pleasant for someone else - that will be a ponderous Good Deed. Therefore Harmonizers are often doing something with a painful function. When people talk about PoLR as the “secondary creative”, this is about Harmonizing.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Gulenko has basically said following:
    alpha: default is harmonizing
    beta: dominant
    gamma: creative
    delta: normalizing

Furthermore he has established quadra progression: alpha->beta->gamma->delta->alpha...

Asymmetric attractive relations. The working name is subtype benefit. Their nature includes pushing, urging, and one-sided activation. D-subtype prevails over C-subtype. C prevails over N-subtype. Normalizing, in turn, prevails over H-subtype. But harmonizer, by paradoxical means, influences the dominant participant. Thus the circle is locked. These relations are the main accelerators of group dynamics.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post

Asymmetric attractive relations. The working name is subtype benefit. Their nature includes pushing, urging, and one-sided activation. D-subtype prevails over C-subtype. C prevails over N-subtype. Normalizing, in turn, prevails over H-subtype. But harmonizer, by paradoxical means, influences the dominant participant. Thus the circle is locked. These relations are the main accelerators of group dynamics.
    yes, I was just reading this. He never explains why, though, he's just saying that it can be observed

But I was thinking that one could explain it from the order of emphasis in model A.

It creates a hierarchy of dependency. Maybe something like this:

D as utilizing the base function is independent, always working by himself.

C as using creative function, can work alone, but lacks steady direction, and gets it from D.

N has difficulties working alone, they are too much in the Role for that. They need input from D, C.

H as being in the weak PoLR, is often doubtful and takes input from D, C, N

D takes feedback through H of the whole completed circle DCNH

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah most likely is subtype benefit aka prevailing.

Ha. I like a lot about creative description as I do not like to solve difficult problems with other people as I need to do it alone.

In everyday situations, however, I'm willing to work, problem solve and help others. I do heavy mental lifting alone completely shutdown from the world as I gain better concentration.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type