Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which non-valued function do you value the most?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is very important to me and it builds a stronger and more well develop .
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if value is the right word, but I can be very responsive to . I tend to respect (that I am aware). I pay lip service to but I would be lying if I said I value it. is kind of out there for me.
    EII
    4w5, sp/sx

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That one that makes me think stuff that's unrelated to each other is funny when placed next to each other.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If ESI, then > > > .

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

> > >
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Ne.

And theoretically, it should be the 8th function for most people.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "value" though. I think I expect Ti from others to some extent, but not Ne. Si is nice when it's all taken care of for me, but not when I have to worry about it myself. Fe is a nifty tool.
    Lol. Now I'd say Fe.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is the order I consciously value functions;

1. Fi
    2. Se
    3. Ti
    4. Te
    5. Si
    6. Ni
    7. Ne
    8. Fe

Could swap the the middle around but I'm certain of the top three and Fe last.

Se > Ni > Ti > Fe

Se because it's useful to be able to force your way through obstacles, Ni because it prevents a lot of careless mistakes, Ti because it's ubiquitous in society and prevents confusion, Fe last because I don't see it as very necessary if you have strong Fi, but it makes parties and such more interesting.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought it'd be something like: role > demonstrative > that-other-one > POLR. Or maybe last two swapped.

Anyway, Fi > Ni > Te > Se, true to form.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

if i'm EII, then i have a love for that makes little sense.

if i'm ESI, then either (just Pi in general is calming & sexy) or (i like merry introverts best of the merries but maybe its just the low output of which is easily my least favorite)

either way it should probably be a perception element since i'm peak serious? go go Pi.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Demonstrative.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
    I guess for me it would be > > > . Not sure what it says about me though. I guess the "right" answer would be > > > , I don't think I've really thought it through to see if a deviation of this means anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    > > >
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    & > >

But I could be wrong here. I'd have to think more about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by male View Post
    I honestly think it has to do with the types using the elements (due to intertypes). I can get along better with an LII using Ti than an SLE using Ti, for instance.

In general though, Ni > Ti/Fe > Se.

EDIT

As in, I can't really say "which elements" because intertypes are the sums of every function interacting.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
    I don't know if value is the right word, but I can be very responsive to . I tend to respect (that I am aware). I pay lip service to but I would be lying if I said I value it. is kind of out there for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    > > >
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownsandEntropy View Post
    I always thought it'd be something like: role > demonstrative > that-other-one > POLR. Or maybe last two swapped.

Anyway, Fi > Ni > Te > Se, true to form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    I'd say is my favorite of my unvalued functions... followed by , and (in that order).
    a lot of people seem to value Se the least on here

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think least valued function is ignoring (PoLR is bad but I see why it's important.) Most valued probably creative.

EDIT: Realized I didn't answer the prompt lol. Most valued "unvalued" function is probably role.
    Last edited by lemontrees; 04-29-2014 at 01:01 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    a lot of people seem to value Se the least on here
    Well, at least 5 of them have Se PoLR..

Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    Well, at least 5 of them have Se PoLR..
    so it's only because it's POLR that it's devalued? or is there something to Se specifically that makes people dislike it?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so it's only because it's POLR that it's devalued? or is there something to Se specifically that makes people dislike it?
    Probably and definitely mostly; Not in a position to be a judge of that.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's because Se is literally the worst function ever and we should all just be very polite and do our best but stop if we get tired and just enjoy what we have while we sit in a comfortable armchair and think of crazy ideas but never bother to implement.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's forceful (or at least manifestations of it can be).
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had to order them I would need to differentiate whether the source. I value Fe from others more than from myself, though I do use it try to "soften" Te. I value Se just in general as long as it's not taken too far. I value Ti in its support of Te and the way it balances excessive Fe, but I have no interest in getting it from others unless I ask for it specifically because I'm gathering information. Not sure what to say about Ni.
    SEE

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1) Se = Discipline, passion and tunnel vision.
    2) Ni = Good for foresight and filtering things out/prioritizing things without trouble. Cohesion. Life make sense. Thoughts and progression move along a straight path.
    3) Ti = Consistency in thought.
    4) Fe = It's useful, and I've certainly used it. What I don't like is when it's expected of me. There are have been people who've expected me to set some sort of mood during a meeting or text/email conversation involving practical matters, when it seems much more efficient to just exchange information. It's tedious. I also don't see the point in leading people on, or showing false interest in familial relationships that I've already neglected. I find it demeaning. If I can tell that I've already been shitty/flaky/disloyal to a person, there's no point in looking back--it's over.
    Last edited by suedehead; 04-29-2014 at 09:40 PM.

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I value Ti, then Ni then Fe then Se. I wish I had more of Se, because then people would listen to me more. But I don't, so I don't value it lol. If that makes sense. Fe drives me crazy as well, because I am not too good at it. Ti helps me understand things better...and I don't really know what Ni does haha
    Side point: I wonder if what we value most of our unvalued functions is what our duals need from us?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12