Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IEI vs EII thought patterns

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michelle Carter, I mean, i believe the boy's name had been Conrad.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

My thoughts align with action to succeed what needs…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Do you think that Michelle here is IEI and the black woman conducting the interviews is EII?
    @braingel

https://youtu.be/5ZwgTv9w1aE
    Michelle is SLE or LIE lol. She just told him to do it because she wanted to get things done + a lil bit of impulsive morbid curiosity/compulsion and sadism. Since she is about Se or Te and he doesn't want to live for so long she just thinking he is wasting his time and suffering for no reason. He was looking for the greenlight from her from what she understood, years on end of the same as proof to her he wants to do it. It's stupid/inefficient to cause meaningless suffering. Poor feeling and introverted cognitive functions resulting in being very overwhelmed by the stiuation due to being incapable of self reflection. She gave him what he asked of her by validating his feelings, goals, intentions at the same time she wanted him gone because she couldn't handle the stress from constantly worrying what she should do about him or if she is doing the wrong thing by letting himself be attached to life through her when he is so miserable, making her like a cause of his misery. Damned if she does, damned if she doesn't.

About ENTJs

• Efficient organizers focused on strategic optimization
    • Strongly linked to the Compulsive personality
    • Somewhat linked to the Sadistic personality
    • Repress their Introverted Feeling function, meaning they sometimes forget what is important to them

• About ESTPs

• Entrepreneurial smooth operators
      • Strongly linked to the Antisocial personality
      • Somewhat linked to the Narcissistic and Hypomanic personalities
      • Repress their Introverted Intuition function, meaning they may overestimate the scope of their proposed solutions

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    IEIs are closed-loop thinkers and as the term implies, they normally seem to be trying to find some means of immediate closure on every thought process. They normally narrow down their focus to very specific items so that closure can be achieved - yes or no without conditions is preferred. They are tactical thinkers that seem to cope well in chaotic environments even though they take a lot of things too personally which can cloud their vision.

EIIs are open-loop thinkers that like to consider all the possibilities, especially consequences. A lot of their decisions have conditions attached to them - if that then this. Closure isn't nearly as much of an objective as is predictability - sometimes they put off making key decisions. They're strategic thinkers that need time and space in order to cope but they can usually rise above the fray and see very clearly.

a.k.a. I/O
    Can confirm. I just got back from spending a three day weekend with my EII friend, and this describes our thinking styles perfectly. He tangents off in many directions and I find myself always being the one trying to tie up the loose threads of conversation.
    @bryanbone Another interesting thing is that our interests are incredibly similar but we seem to be interested in the same things for wildly different reasons and get very different sorts of enjoyment out of them. We're both metalheads and like the same bands, but he seems to prefer to view the music in the context of who created it and how (he learns about the stories behind the songwriting, what was happening in the creators' lives, and prefers to listen to an entire album at once), as apposed to how I don't care so much who made the songs or how but am rather trying to compile songs from various artists/genres of a similar energy together and listen to them that way. Other than a handful of specific artists, I don't spend much time caring about the band members' lives outside of the performance, and when enjoying music would honestly rather forget that the song has creators completely. Not that I don't care about them as human beings or whatever, but when I listen to music the creators are just vessels to me. I think I view the creation as separate from them to some extent. At least while I am actively enjoying it I do.

Example of us talking about the same songs:
    Me: "Ah dude, this next riff builds so much tension. It's so fucking sick."
    Him: "It is. (Guitarist's name) said (other guitarist) was a huge inspiration to him. He even met him when he was a kid and went to a concert with his uncle."
    Me: "Oh, really? That's cool. Hey, check out the next track I've got cued. This guy's screams hit so hard."
    Him: "I love (vocalist's name)! He's such a sweet guy in interviews too."
    ~
    I'll make some comment about a physical aspect of the song (the screams being blood-curdling, the drums feeling like they're gonna beat your chest in, the riff at this one feeling almost vertigo inducing, etc.), then he'll mention something about the creators almost every time. He seems to derive a lot of enjoyment from understanding that human element behind the song's creation, while I'm a bit more monkey-brained and just like that the drums go brrrrrrrrr. Music's a drug for me, and I just need it to get me high. Sure the chemistry is definitely interesting and I love hearing about it, but the interesting chemistry isn't the reason I'm taking it.

I suspect this has something to do with him being an Fi-base type while I'm Fi-demonstrative (and Se-suggestive as well of course). I'm not so sure as to the mechanism behind our preferences, but the different ways we enjoy the same things are very obvious to both of us lol
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bryanbone View Post
    You don't think they overlap or you can't cross translate some patterns from the video into socionics models?
    Not to any significant degree

TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Not to any significant degree
    What should I do if I want to start a thread around functions where their interpretation is unrestricted to socionics?

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care about models I make things out of my a*s like he said INFJ's just know in the video. Jung was IEI that's unquestionable. He was extremely critical of Te. ILIs are known as the least spiritual type, of course it doesn't mean they can't be, but Jung took that way too far. He was also Fe idealizing people and treating them in that engaging emotionally expressive manner instead of rigid forceful and matter of fact. You can see his manner of speech in interviews on youtube and you have ILI videos as examples too. He was also closer to LII than ILI. LII was pointing out ILIs for narcissism, they told him he had no evidence (Te) and took his posts down. Again not everyone of them is like that, some were self aware and trying to improve themselves, but the majority obviously wasn't. When questioned about his validity, Jung was arguing that "proof" doesn't exist.
    I agreed that LII is a better option for him, ILI is a close 2nd and hmmm fair, though I still didn't get IEI typing for him.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What should I do if I want to start a thread around functions where their interpretation is unrestricted to socionics?
    Miscellaneous/Psychology

https://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php/56-Psychology

Or just start one here titled "Socionics and Other Interpretations of the Functions" or something. I doubt its a big deal

TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CTzu View Post
    I agreed that LII is a better option for him, ILI is a close 2nd and hmmm fair, though I still didn't get IEI typing for him.
    Many of his insights are fluid Ni Fe things that most IEI's intuitively grasp but LII's and ILI's don't. He was also displaying more Ti Ne for his work to be taken seriously because he needed money and exposure. LII's struggle to consistently pull so much insights related to "one" topic. He was languages, psychology, phiosophy, spirituality, art which is all very closely related. ILI's Te prevents ILI's from going back on their statements as much as he did especially about something that he has no proof of while demanding it's credible. IEI's don't give a sh*t. LII's also have a lot of depth and variation in their thinking in some aspects where it cuts off. IEI's have a lot everywhere constantly refering to his going back on statements and reiterating everything. He didn't have a single unifying principle like Einstein's theory but fluid generalizations that he kept reiterating. LII's nor ILI's see the divergent interpretations (Ni + Fe) with such an ease as IEI's do, criticizing Nietszche a bit for lacking his. Perhaps his extraordinary case allowed him to have more IEI abilities than usual LII.

TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't say so since he is somewhat considered to be lexical in explaining his thoughts.

LII's struggle to consistently pull so much insights related to "one" topic.
    Huh, I don't think this has something to do with having Ni-ego. Also, consistency is a part of LII's behavioral attitude either.

LII's also have a lot of depth and variation in their thinking in some aspects where it cuts off. IEI's have a lot everywhere constantly refering to his going back on statements and reiterating everything.He didn't have a single unifying principle like Einstein's theory but fluid generalizations that he kept reiterating. LII's nor ILI's see the divergent interpretations (Ni + Fe) with such an ease as IEI's do, criticizing Nietszche a bit for lacking his. Perhaps his extraordinary case allowed him to have more IEI abilities than usual LII.
    Okay, this one is a fair opinion, although, I'd like to emphasize that LII's cognition style is also divergent. IEIs are apt at associating things by patterns that they've made to convert it into a singular concept. And keep in mind that the dynamic between Jung and Nietzche seem to fit Ti-base and Ni-base that like to criticize each other too. And I wouldn't think that the "IEI abilities" have its essence to the functions either, given the way how he wrote Psychological Types, I really would still doubt it that much.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discussion of other typologies goes in the Psychology subforum, I think.

edit: missed inaLim's post, disregard

TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CTzu View Post
    I wouldn't say so since he is somewhat considered to be lexical in explaining his thoughts.

Huh, I don't think this has something to do with having Ni-ego. Also, consistency is a part of LII's behavioral attitude either.

Okay, this one is a fair opinion, although, I'd like to emphasize that LII's cognition style is also divergent. IEIs are apt at associating things by patterns that they've made to convert it into a singular concept. And keep in mind that the dynamic between Jung and Nietzche seem to fit Ti-base and Ni-base that like to criticize each other too. And I wouldn't think that the "IEI abilities" have its essence to the functions either, given the way how he wrote Psychological Types, I really would still doubt it that much.
    Jung was technically stuck in a Ni - Ti loop for most of his life. Maybe loops are a good think really. Loops are about introspection. Petereson was impressed by Jung's abiltiy to pull more distantly related insights. LII's divergence is not the same like IEI.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jung was technically stuck in a Ni - Ti loop for most of his life. Maybe loops are a good think really. Loops are about introspection. Petereson was impressed by Jung's abiltiy to pull more distantly related insights. LII's divergence is not the same like IEI.
    Lol
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know really, that's not good at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12