Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LII-EIE semi-duality relations (ENFj & INTj)

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    How so?
    Long story short, I can't deal with excessive mirroring. I know that we all do it and F types are more prone to it and I appreciate it. However, when someone is nothing but a mirror, I get a feeling of being dupped.

This is not a problematic for all EIEs that I encountered but I have seen in some.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    an example. they are in a marriage or alike for several years

he - LII, she - EIE
    he mistakes in own type as LSI, so thinks them as duals. this points, he likes the relations enough to suppose they can't be better

Semiduality is a complementation for most important - base function. While 2nd is strong and has different valued variant what can annoy, but not critically. The more problem is a lack of support for one of weak functions.
    When it's both S types - they make comfortable and physically not bad place to live, but may miss opportunities for better life for them and people near them, have more doubts in a future, make more mistakes with understanding of situations and people. S types a little of "dumbs" where they deal with not evident and not well-known.
    When it's both N types - they may have interesting ideas and good plans which will never be realised on practice good enough to have a good use from them, may miss physical practicality and have worse living conditions in physical sense (for example, to get more problems with health than could).
    Where S types look too much on the ground, N types look too much on the sky - what makes the ways of both more risky and having more problems. The duality reduces this accentuation for all weak functional regions.

My parrents were semiduals, mother's sister was with a semidual, grandfather and grandmother by father side could be too. I saw this IR pairs. Not bad ones, tend to be stable. With an activation IR I think them as acceptable for marriages, if you want to be good friends there.
    2 of 3 cases of my significant feelings were to semiduals. Though, relations were accidentally broken in beginning stage much by external reasons and by my bad F to deal with people (redundant anger, for example).

In case a pair is formed with serious intentions, even when such people break - they should notice that keep much of attraction to each other and that to find a comparable one is not easy. So pairs should be stable (incl. when problems appear) and with a tendency to restore relations if those were broken (if other stable pair was not found).
    Wow sol finally you got someone’s type correct. Hallelujah.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think these relations can work really well. The only problem I can see with this is that EIEs are extremely indecisive and need the rigid stability that LSIs give them.

I imagine the LII would wish for a partner who helps out with Si and the EIE will not be helpful in that lol.

Edit: I have seen multiple people talk about EIEs not being faithful, while this is a horrible thing to do to someone and not usually type related, it could have something to do with what I said above.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I work with a female LII at another company. She’s smart and sexy as hell, and we’ve known each other long enough to have considered dating and decided against it, but we still respect and admire each other.

Years ago, we both worked at an aerospace company. Her boss was an EIE who was charming one minute and a complete asshole the next. He actually hired her, based on her excellent presentation, and she eventually gave him a book, saying “See what you made me read?” The book’s title was How to Work With Difficult People.
    He eventually got fired (not for the first or last time), and she went on to become the mainstay of the aerospace company.

Last year, a contact at a third company told me that someone was looking for help with designing a medical product, and I should call them. I did, and it turned out to be the EIE guy, still hustling, still trying.

The EIE and I got along well, and I told him that my company was still working with the aerospace firm, and the LII was still working there. He perked up and said he was coming to my city for a visit, and maybe he could have lunch with the two of us, on separate days.
    I called the LII and she remembered him fondly, but with reservations. Nevertheless, they had lunch together.

The EIE is married to a woman with serious health problems. The LII is married to an introvert who doesn’t like to work.
    Apparently, their lunch meeting went very well, even though I warned her that they were semi-Duals. He might look perfect in public, but he was half me in private. The half that she didn’t want to live with.

She thought about that and said, “I hear you, but every fiber in my being….” And then she laughed.

This girl has cheating on her mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12