Thread: Your reasons for being on the forum

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    Why are you here ?? I'm not asking why on "this" forum and not on another , it's cool enough . What makes you be active here ? Exchange of information , communication with new people , escaping boredom ... what ??

What do you gain after time you spend here ? If you take a break , what makes you return ? Do you ever regret it , feeling you can do something more productive with your time ? Are you just going with the flow chatting with others online ? Is it a real "profit" you get here ? Talk about your motivations. Why you like being on the forum and if it's a well - thought decision that's in a way part of your life , your lifestyle.
    I joined in 2007 after stumbling onto the topic of socionics from MB...stayed for four or five years, then left and had my account deleted as I felt I'd wasted a lot of time here and didn't want to waste more (I figured wiping my account would also wipe out temptation). Re-joined last year out of...part boredom, part missing discussing socionics, part curiosity about what was going on here a few years later.

Being back here reminds me of stepping into a river for the second time.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I visit because people here often dig up interesting personality tests and the like. I think this forum also defies a lot of the "conventional wisdom" of other forums and doesn't feel like such a straight-jacket.

I also think, that’s what I’m really afraid of regarding people, if I would start to take this too seriously. Like reading these things and the associations start to form and then you might not experience someone really, you just project all your ‚expectations‘ outwards and believe you understood something in another person.
    Yeah assumptions, assumptions. I really took care not to have the people close to me as socionics/enneagram/whatever stick-figures on this site. People close to me are for me. Posts which contain explanations for my typings are specific to that fictional character or person. There are these 3 people in my life, where I would say by reading through some posts 20% of real life content may have bled into the post. But there wasn't some grand subconsciously bleeding out. Regarding other things. I expressed them the way, that I could. That's all.

Now you can't run this forum on ... certain emotions. You can concentrate on the content or you concentrate on some weird drama. I miss certain posters, like reading things from certain people, who have fleshed out some of their thoughts in a weighted and balanced way, some people who I suspect could write a lot of interesting things... but don't... ya well some things are more internally felt or sensed or idk...or people who shared a variety of things and idk... kept things running The variety of people here, coming together and sharing makes it and I'm afraid just pinning it onto one person and going about it this way... what's that suppose to accomplish? I mean in a way there has to be some sort of more people trying to pulling the weight here (and yeah I know some people have done this/tried). So keep going into another direction maybe... or keep it like this, I suppose.

note: what would be cool... respecting boundaries.
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 04-12-2018 at 09:34 PM.

and why I'm writing this, honestly ... I'm not made of stone. I didn't wanted to let some people hanging there, who tried to uplift things here and try to contribute and me being all silent?

... but also this stuff goes on my nerves at times... like squeezing whatever into whatever ... and what is what ... ughhhhh
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 04-12-2018 at 08:08 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I love psychology and this forum is a good waste of thoughts

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to understand who I am and in which ways I'm different (or the same) than other people.

Is there a thread for discussion regarding the forum?

I think everyone is mostly aware where socionics is just stuck. It’s no science. It’s no rocket science. You can read yourself through the whole pile o’ stuff. You can read the discussions/opinions of others and decide for yourself what you actually want to use it for/how you want to use it. The critical discussions are in that sense pretty important to always keep the big pile of problems regarding the theory in mind (it's limitations). I remember back when I started posting, certain users where repeating their wish, that this forum would include more diverse material (more confident one) and not have everything circle around this stuff all the time (I think n0ki was pretty vocal about it). IDK there are for example users whose share different material, anndelise comes to mind rn. I personally wish it would be more like this too.
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 04-14-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

be the change you want to see in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    be the change you want to see in the world
    lmao... kinda ironic in a way.

yeah Bertrand, what should I do according to you?
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 04-15-2018 at 07:34 AM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Stalking.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Stalking.

What? You, too?

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    What? You, too?
    I send your info to Cambridge Analytica. I compile and sell everything, even the most shameful details about your private life.
    Last edited by Hope; 04-14-2018 at 10:28 PM.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

astrology brought me here lol (IDK why I'm staying tho)

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    I send your info to Cambridge Analytica. I compile and sell everything, even the most shameful details about your private life.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I like the idea of a place where people explicitly analyze and discuss relationship dynamics in life, the human experience, and related topics.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A major life event leading to a massive epiphany made me look deeper into MBTI, which brought me here and nothing's been the same since.

Sometimes I wish never got into socionics, because I relate it to EVERYTHING now.

Anyway, this place is pretty chill. People are super helpful and nice for the most part. You can vanish for months at a time and come back and the vibe is still the same.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Lol

It's a decent way to make good friends because Socionics enthusiasts are not going to be harmful people.

They are good people with good intentions
    At the risk of sounding naive, how can we know this? We're all a bunch of random internet dwellers with our own thoughts and motivations. What someone deems as the right way, you may deem as harmful or vice versa. Most people aren't out to get you. But their methods and priorities may not align with your own.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm here to find a way to use socionics that results in the world being destroyed (my main objetive).

jk jk !

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody joins 16t on purpose, nobody belongs on the forum, we're all going to die here, come join 16t.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I joined on compulsion. I log back on due to boredom. I'm not active whatsoever. That's about it💗

TIM
    FLVE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To observe and learn... and hopefully one day participate ~
    The great Zen master Zhuang Zhou dreamt that he was a butterfly. When he awoke, he asked himself, "Am I a man who just dreamt about being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly who now dreams about being a man?"

btw. can we not go and run down/dumb down this place to the absoulute ground.

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wanted to learn more, found out it's just one extra quite useless thing among the stuff i know, still come by because i can write random bullshit and nobody cares, the world doesn't end, and, more importantly, no one cuts me
    There's no creative function, there's just the base function and it's bitch.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I've not yet found a place that is obviously better where I can post on a variety of topics that interest me. Reddit and Twitter may be the best real alternatives, although I have an inertia to make a decisive move.

This forum offers little insight into harmonious relationships. Certainly, little evidence, and little interest in empirical research about the most important factors. There is also far too much hostile arguing which seems utterly counter-productive.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    I've not yet found a place that is obviously better where I can post on a variety of topics that interest me. Reddit and Twitter may be the best real alternatives, although I have an inertia to make a decisive move.

This forum offers little insight into harmonious relationships. Certainly, little evidence, and little interest in empirical research about the most important factors. There is also far too much hostile arguing which seems utterly counter-productive.
    Post all the academic papers on www.thetypesite.com and do all the socializing on other sites like Reddit. Most (not all) people come here because they're narcissistic and want to read about their type, which is appropriate in the case of young people and grating in the case of older ones.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    Post all the academic papers on www.thetypesite.com and do all the socializing on other sites like Reddit. Most (not all) people come here because they're narcissistic and want to read about their type, which is appropriate in the case of young people and grating in the case of older ones.
    I find young blood rejuvenating.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The reason is Stackemup Typology is a Typology Superpower...After I took Absurd out of the picture, the board fell to Stackemup Typology. Ole' Absurd never saw it coming, never realized he was just a piece on the chessboard. Fell right into my trap hehehe

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to learn, ask questions, entertain myself, procrastinate...

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by citronnade View Post
    to learn, ask questions, entertain myself, procrastinate...
    Remember to read Gulenko's socionics book (I haven't read it yet!) There's also a Russian socionist here called Olga Tangemann who tries to type people using their preferences as a way to try to be more objective than VI or questionnaires which is interesting. To be honest, I wouldn't say this forum in general is interesting, but parts of it are very much worth your time.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    Remember to read Gulenko's socionics book (I haven't read it yet!) There's also a Russian socionist here called Olga Tangemann who tries to type people using their preferences as a way to try to be more objective than VI or questionnaires which is interesting. To be honest, I wouldn't say this forum in general is interesting, but parts of it are very much worth your time.
    Okay, will do!! I have to admit my process of learning of socionics is very scattered.
    Do you mean Olga Tangemann is on the forum, here?
    oh, i would argue that one could get lost on this forum with its abundance of decade-old threads, ha.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

analyzing people...

understanding myself better...

seeing the beauty in the organization and design in everything...

it's all just so interesting

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically I'm here because of aristocratic tendencies. Mostly I sift for Beta bands, youtubers, & authors I haven't heard of. Gamma NTs & SLIs are ok too.

I wouldn't take discussion here seriously, its the blind leading the blind. So many mistypes and fantasy typers here co-signing each other's delusions. Look through old posts. Odds are the person chiming in "as a ESI" or whatever, will be some other type or still won't have it figured out after years of switching. And I'm supposed to believe you type other people accurately and have anything to say about intertype relations and theory that actually carries over to real life?

But still, this is nowhere near as bad as other places where the level of bullshit is magnified by MBTI's broken system and the crowd that attracts.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in an attempt to better understand myself and others.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by citronnade View Post
    Okay, will do!! I have to admit my process of learning of socionics is very scattered.
    Do you mean Olga Tangemann is on the forum, here?
    oh, i would argue that one could get lost on this forum with its abundance of decade-old threads, ha.
    Yes, I mean Olga Tangemann is on the forum under the straightforward username Olga Tangemann.

I agree. I'd also read @BandD's 16types Adventures series, which seems to be close to the magnum opus of this site, if you like fantasy even though, to be somewhat blunt, my one complaint would be his tendency to make people's characters not very closely based on them and seemingly somewhat exclude the actual people he features, for example the 16types Adventures in Space where he makes @Abbie the Child prefer "gurus to gadgets" when she actually likes science or disregard the official Coeruleum character which I named myself after and make me into some kind of magical girl (really? Though I should talk about things like taxes more if I want to avoid that I guess.)

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inaLim View Post
    Basically I'm here because of aristocratic tendencies. Mostly I sift for Beta bands, youtubers, & authors I haven't heard of. Gamma NTs & SLIs are ok too.

I wouldn't take discussion here seriously, its the blind leading the blind. So many mistypes and fantasy typers here co-signing each other's delusions. Look through old posts. Odds are the person chiming in "as a ESI" or whatever, will be some other type or still won't have it figured out after years of switching. And I'm supposed to believe you type other people accurately and have anything to say about intertype relations and theory that actually carries over to real life?

But still, this is nowhere near as bad as other places where the level of bullshit is magnified by MBTI's broken system and the crowd that attracts.
    Well, I would argue it's not so much MBTI that causes problems as typology forums themselves and this is simply the best one currently in existence even though it's also far from perfect. I think social media has superceded Web 2.0 for a good reason, as imperfect as social media can be. Perhaps @thehotelambush could come back here and finish integrating this site with social media via his Sedecology app.

Also, despite all the ego wish fulfillment typing going on, I think at least a decent number of self-types here are accurate, though I wouldn't claim it's most of them without a survey. This is another reason I think social media works better than these kinds of forums: it is much more organized and easier to compile statistics on. The closest you could do here is have a poll, have everyone vote on their type on the poll, and then judge what percent of those you think are accurate by checking them against a list.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cuz I founded Stackemup Typology [(socionics-side)(enneagram-side)]. I ushered in the era of the Typology Multi-verse.

I'm KING OF THE TYPOLOGY MULTIVERSE. I CRACked the VI templates for every socionics type and subtype.Russians were trying to get that shit for years. I BEAT 'EM TO IT. I discovered and coumented the ONLY VALID BREAKDOWN FOR every type wing and stack in enneagramz.

I wrecked Quadra Values (aka quadra values mythology). I wrecked Tritype (aka multiple personality disorder). I wrecked R & H's descritpions. I'm beating the hell out of R & H in terms of substance.

I laid out the CORE TENEETS of American Socionics: Jung, not Aushra; VI, not conjecture; Cognition, not behavior.

I did so much maverick shit with Typology I lost count of all my conquerings.

MY VISUAL VALID TYPING MODEL FOR STACKINGs is untouchable.

I buried everybody. I even made nTs look bad in debate. I ran circles around soupman when he tried tellin' me trump was SEE.

I got over 100 fictional exemplars a list like nobody ever fckin seen before or since.

I'm sick. Whatever i touch turns to Gold.

and how did i start off here...hehehe. I played everyone, nobody thought I knew anything about enneagram. hehehe. Misdirection flawlessly executed. hehehe. Just business, not personal. None of it ever meant anything to me. It was all in the game. Absurd was just a puppet. I know military strategy and I know about indirect strategies and shit. I said I'd win in the end, remember. I got the trump cards to play at the end and I still got some I ain't played yet. I conquered this territory.

Socionics new wave was born here. That was real. The biographical stuff is/was all genuine. The member typings are all real. I did not have no VI templates in socionics beofre here. Now American Socionics is here. MY VI templates are like nothing ever done before or since .

Remember, I'm a combination of force and cunning. Force and cunning fused together. bwahaha

Noboyd in typology can touch me. I'm the King of the Typology Multi-verse.

words from my girl (IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp) just a minute ago...she has no idea I just wrote "whatever I touch turns to gold". She just happens to spontaneously note in a melodramatic tone: "you poison everything you touch. there's a king in the story that everything he touches turns to gold, king midas...everything he touches turn to be gold. everything you touch turns to rust, the milk becomes cheese and you poison everything."

hahahaha
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 03-26-2020 at 08:09 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    Well, I would argue it's not so much MBTI that causes problems as typology forums themselves and this is simply the best one currently in existence even though it's also far from perfect. I think social media has superceded Web 2.0 for a good reason, as imperfect as social media can be. Perhaps @thehotelambush could come back here and finish integrating this site with social media via his Sedecology app.
    "finish integrating this site with social media via his Sedecology app" - what does this mean?

By the way, sedecology has been thriving. You can sign up here.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    "finish integrating this site with social media via his Sedecology app" - what does this mean?
    I think Coer. is talking about merging the16types code with the Sedecology code—like V'ger merging with Will Decker.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast