TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile EII - Nice to meet you all.

Hello, all.

A year ago, I took the 16Personalities and read the INFP description. Though I was initially skeptical, I was impressed by how many things they got right. I decided to dig deeper, and I've been falling down the rabbit hole ever since. The insights in understanding myself and others has brought me a lot of peace.

Anyways, I figured it was about time for me to start contributing to discussions. I had joined the massive INFP facebook group, but found it frustrating because a great deal of people there seem to have been mistyped. The members were completely uninterested in theory, anyways.

TLDR; long time lurker, first time poster.
    Last edited by megedy; 12-27-2020 at 03:13 AM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The more [EIIs] the merrier seriouser.
    But remember that MBTI is bad.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    But remember that MBTI is bad.
    I wouldn't call it "bad," necessarily. But yeah, MBTI lacks a lot of the consistency and accuracy that socionics has.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

o/
    Reason is a whore.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by megedy View Post
    I had joined the massive INFP facebook group, but found it frustrating because a great deal of people there seem to have been mistyped. The members were completely uninterested in theory, anyways.
    it's universal. people mostly flood, read partially and not type IRL much
    the majority of posts are made by F types. they like to talk and not much to think. while types are T region

"TIM EII 9w1"

I'd look at your videointerview. May be other types are possible too.

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    it's universal. people mostly flood, read partially and not type IRL much
    the majority of posts are made by F types. they like to talk and not much to think. while types are T region

"TIM EII 9w1"

I'd look at your videointerview. May be other types are possible too.
    Yeah, the problem on the facebook groups is 1) they're MBTI based and 2) everyone is focused on the stereotypes of their self-type, rather than any deeper discussion. It wasn't interesting. Maybe it's an immaturity thing, maybe it's bad self-typing, or maybe it's the dullness of being surrounded by identity relations.

I do struggle with typing others unless I know them very well, but a few years ago I was told by someone I showed the EII description to that it lined up really well with me. I'm not against doing a video when I have the time. I'm fairly confident in EII but I'd be interested to see if others agree with my self-type.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

everyone is focused on the stereotypes of their self-type, rather than any deeper discussion
    It's more novices problem, what is similar here. They know nothing else besides descriptions with traits common for people of some types.

> I'm fairly confident in EII but I'd be interested to see if others agree with my self-type

To type people near and to check own type by IR theory is useful to be assured on own type. To understand Socionics without this is doubtful.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the problem on the facebook groups is 1) they're MBTI based and 2) everyone is focused on the stereotypes of their self-type, rather than any deeper discussion. It wasn't interesting. Maybe it's an immaturity thing, maybe it's bad self-typing, or maybe it's the dullness of being surrounded by identity relations.

I do struggle with typing others unless I know them very well, but a few years ago I was told by someone I showed the EII description to that it lined up really well with me. I'm not against doing a video when I have the time. I'm fairly confident in EII but I'd be interested to see if others agree with my self-type.
    I think MBTI and its system is better suited for the everyman. From what I have seen, MBTI emphasizes initial superficiality, whereas socionics is not shy about its more exploratory and theoretical side. I certainly think MBTI serves a good purpose as it is commonly interpreted, but the types are illustrated more like archetypes than anything. MBTI is just different is all, and is quite considerable under its own context. Just don’t expect all the “socionists” to know what they are talking about. I don’t know if I have said a single correct thing for as long as I have been active on this forum. Lol, that is part of the fun I guess.

Anyways, welcome!
    You are still my favorite EII as I mentioned in this thread:
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...’m-5-years-old

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeliMeat View Post
    I think MBTI and its system is better suited for the everyman. From what I have seen, MBTI emphasizes initial superficiality, whereas socionics is not shy about its more exploratory and theoretical side. I certainly think MBTI serves a good purpose as it is commonly interpreted, but the types are illustrated more like archetypes than anything. MBTI is just different is all, and is quite considerable under its own context. Just don’t expect all the “socionists” to know what they are talking about. I don’t know if I have said a single correct thing for as long as I have been active on this forum. Lol, that is part of the fun I guess.

Anyways, welcome!
    You are still my favorite EII as I mentioned in this thread:
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/showthread.php/61473-Explain-relations-of-benefit-like-I’m-5-years-old
    Hahah aww thank you! & Yeah MBTI is good as a stepping stone (& as a "last stop" for a lot of people). But I dunno, I think socionics is a lot more refined. I like that it goes more into how other people see you, how we relate to people of other types, how we all use every function to some degree. It's more useful as a development tool in that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    To type people near and to check own type by IR theory is useful to be assured on own type. To understand Socionics without this is doubtful.
    The problem is, I find it hard not to consider IR when I type others. It's not the ONLY thing I consider, but part of it. If my initial jumping point of the self-type is wrong then those I typed through my relation to them are likely to be skewed as well. I haven't been successful in dragging any of my friends into my interest in typing lol so I'm just doing this on my own basically.