Thread: EII from Moscow

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EII from Moscow

Greetings! I'm an EII who's absolutely new to this forum and to the English-speaking side of the socionics. And I find that quite puzzling, as I've known about socionics since the beginning of this century, I've been using it, I've even formally studied it for a while - but all in Russian. The last time I looked English-language resources were scarce and inadequate. Well, that must have been a long time ago So I'm quite curious about this forum and website and will definitely stay for a while, even if I'm not very talkative or proactive

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Welcome. It would be nice to make a friend in that side of the world as I recently lost a Russian Socionics mentor to cancer.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Welcome You may find the machine-translated articles entertaining, they have some funny wordings.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the16.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@sergeyeva welcome to the16types!

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    It would be nice to make a friend in that side of the world as I recently lost a Russian Socionics mentor to cancer.
    i'm so sorry to hear that Maritsa

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    @sergeyeva welcome to the16types!

i'm so sorry to hear that Maritsa
    Thank you glam
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wondering if you see any differences in thought/culture between the English socionics community and the Russian one.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Gello

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Welcome. It would be nice to make a friend in that side of the world as I recently lost a Russian Socionics mentor to cancer.
    That's very sad
    I'd be happy to make friends, especially friends of my type, so that we could compare our life experiences

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    Welcome You may find the machine-translated articles entertaining, they have some funny wordings.
    entertaining doesn't start to describe it actually, I'm often frustrated with inadequate translations, but that is just because I'm an interpreter and a bit of perfectionist in my job

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Welcome to the16.
    Thank you, wacey!

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uncivilized View Post
    I'm wondering if you see any differences in thought/culture between the English socionics community and the Russian one.
    nothing significant yet, but there may be differences. I'm very new to this English side of it.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anglas View Post
    Gello
    Hi! Nice to see somebody from Lithuania

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi! It's great that you are here. From your first post, I could see that you are intelligent and extremely articulate (and a later one says you are an interpreter - even better). With that, plus your background in Socionics, I'm hoping you can refine some of the translated articles.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sergeyeva View Post
    That's very sad
    I'd be happy to make friends, especially friends of my type, so that we could compare our life experiences
    That is the reason why I have always wanted a friend of the same type
    -

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Hi! It's great that you are here. From your first post, I could see that you are intelligent and extremely articulate (and a later one says you are an interpreter - even better). With that, plus your background in Socionics, I'm hoping you can refine some of the translated articles.
    Thank you, Adam, you're very kind. I've been thinking of doing just that, though how soon I'll get down to it, I can't really say.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Many people type themself wrong. I recommend you to make video so your your type could be checked.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Many people type themself wrong. I recommend you to make video so your your type could be checked.
    Many people get different types even with videos. And even during typing interviews in person : http://www.socioforum.su/viewtopic.php?f=211&t=58221

@sergeyeva welcome and enjoy

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    With my background in socionics I'm quite sure of my type, thank you
    But I expect my video could be of some educational value if I commented on how my personality and the expression of different functions have changed overtime due to my long-standing marriage to an ILE and due to my job.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kore View Post
    Many people get different types even with videos. And even during typing interviews in person : http://www.socioforum.su/viewtopic.php?f=211&t=58221

@sergeyeva welcome and enjoy
    Very true. That's one of the foremost problems in socionics. I believe that a person's type can only be confirmed by that same person after studying the theory quite thoroughly and after a lot of introspection. Which doesn't sound easy or quick But that's the safest way. Have you heard of that experiment, when somebody was typed by different schools of socionics into, like, 10 diferent types? And those were established schools, all teaching, typing for money, etc.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Very true. That's one of the foremost problems in socionics. I believe that a person's type can only be confirmed by that same person after studying the theory quite thoroughly and after a lot of introspection. Which doesn't sound easy or quick But that's the safest way. Have you heard of that experiment, when somebody was typed by different schools of socionics into, like, 10 diferent types? And those were established schools, all teaching, typing for money, etc.
    I have heard and have experienced such situation myself Eventually I stopped after the 5th typing (3 on skype, 1 via emails/pictures + 1 via a video, oh wait there were also 2 MBTI ones, so that makes 7!).
    Those were part of my curiosity, I also have a very hard time resisting my whims so I am one of those who throw their money in typology experiences/tests.... But overall it was really funny.
    A lot of things have to be considered in typing anyway, and as much as I agree with the fact that a type is inborn, we also have to mind human experience and cultural/social malleability.
    People do change a lot over time...

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have heard and have experienced such situation myself Eventually I stopped after the 5th typing (3 on skype, 1 via emails/pictures + 1 via a video, oh wait there were also 2 MBTI ones, so that makes 7!).
    Those were part of my curiosity, I also have a very hard time resisting my whims so I am one of those who throw their money in typology experiences/tests.... But overall it was really funny.
    A lot of things have to be considered in typing anyway, and as much as I agree with the fact that a type is inborn, we also have to mind human experience and cultural/social malleability.

I just think people want to see what the person looks like, lol.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    Hello! I look forward to reading your posts
    Thank you!

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People do change a lot, that's very true. And a "typist" can never know all the influences that have shaped a person. Moreover, when in a social situation and meeting new people we usually present our "role" mask, not our true personality, which is only revealed to people we can trust. So many typings are an educated guess at most. But I still think that socionics as such is valid and really helpful in understanding oneself and other people.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJay View Post
    I just think people want to see what the person looks like, lol.
    There might be that curiosity, too

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@sergeyeva

it would be interesting to compare notes.

Welcome aboard.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

entertaining doesn't start to describe it actually, I'm often frustrated with inadequate translations, but that is just because I'm an interpreter and a bit of perfectionist in my job
    Welcome to the club