Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Since the Introverted Dual is so Often Passed Over by the Extraverted Dual~

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    It means EIIs are great at breaking situational continuity. Ne is all about accidents. Unconscious intent and belief. It works through forgetfulness and seeming mistakes.

Woops. Hey, look what I found!

Unconsciously, they are the best predictors of the future. So they don't really have to think about it.
    That sounds more like Demonstrative Ne than Ne Ego in this one example, in my experiences with others.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Careful, I knew a LIE who was - maybe subconsciously - looking for a girl who has keen to say "no" and ended up with an alpha SF who would say "no" often because of her upbringing/NTR stuff.
    Well, I can testify to that with my personal experience... dated an alpha SF E6w7 (I am 7w8) probably ESE and I have to say, we just have very different life philosophies. Forget the relentless Fe (emotionally pressuring me to adopt her values) and ignoring Fi (insulting without restraint, which has led to several fallouts) with pretty much no Ni (inability to predict what would happen if she does or says something). I bet I was as much of a pain to her as well: not being there on holidays, forgetting birthdays, being unromantic, eating like a peasant, the list goes on. I think we were mistakenly drawn to each other
    Last edited by 1gneous1; 12-11-2018 at 09:26 PM. Reason: adding details.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1gneous1 View Post
    Well, I can testify to that with my personal experience... dated an alpha SF E6w7 (I am 7w8) probably ESE and I have to say, we just have very different life philosophies. Forget the relentless Fe (emotionally pressuring me to adopt her values) and ignoring Fi (insulting without restraint, which has led to several fallouts) with pretty much no Ni (inability to predict what would happen if she does or says something). I bet I was as much of a pain to her as well: not being there on holidays, forgetting birthdays, being unromantic, eating like a peasant, the list goes on. I think we were mistakenly drawn to each other
    Oh that's what that is. EIE friend makes sense to me now.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    It means EIIs are great at breaking situational continuity. Ne is all about accidents. Unconscious intent and belief. It works through forgetfulness and seeming mistakes.

Woops. Hey, look what I found!

Unconsciously, they are the best predictors of the future. So they don't really have to think about it.
    Whaaaaa?

I thought Ne was about possibilities. That's how mine works. And sometimes happy accidents occur, as well as distractions.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Whaaaaa?

I thought Ne was about possibilities. That's how mine works. And sometimes happy accidents occur, as well as distractions.
    More generally Ne is about the unknown. A possibility is something where you don't know which one it is. An "accident" is something whose purpose or intent you don't know. In this sense what @Aramas is saying has some truth to it.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Oh that's what that is. EIE friend makes sense to me now.

Yep, that is why EIEs are called Hamlet, advocates of ideologies and values with pretty vulnerable souls and bodies TBH. Know a lot of them from acting.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think that, if we stopped acting important and started being more sincere and friendly, you wouldn't be interested in us.

In my view, it's incredibly attractive when a person is more sincere and friendly AND self-important arrogant bad-assy at the same time. They don't have to be fighting with each other. SEEs are our semi-duals for that reason, right? Kindness is not weakness, but being mentally insecure about it (like some ILEs I know, sorry ILEs) would be off-putting. I am drawn to those that can be compassionate and fight-y at the same time.

Only wanting some evil narcissist dictator is a phase I think mainly teenager IEIs go through and we can grow out of it. True some never do. I know a few IEIs pushing 40 that haven't really grown out of the 16-year-old want a psychopath thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE normalizing is the only type which makes sense for me at this point and im pretty ambiverted with ocd, maladaptive daydreaming (confused for ni base) and adhd .

If my subtype dual is SLI dominant, it might be the other way round. I used to think I was IEI but the descriptions felt wack "spending my days in the gardens of my imagination" was a result of extensive childhood trauma so for most of my life I probably acted like a pseudo depressed iei-smiley fe, most istps just thought I was a distant loser lol and my dual is probably slightly more extroverted and estp like.

Real Estps on the other hand seem obnoxious to me now, mutual respect and attraction on their part but then I end up disappointing them after the second or third contact.

I think it depends on subtype and how messed up you are a long the way.
    Last edited by JadeHorse; 05-08-2019 at 07:01 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes it’s all true. LSE and plenty of them passed me up mostly because I looked boring. I had a routine I did every day...get up go to work, read drink tea write on online forum and when I dated I usually didn’t have much to say. I looked boring. ESTj like fun women, outgoing, erudite. Well I know a lot you just have to ask me because I’m not an extrovert. I don’t offer up verbal information openly and readily and I didn’t engage in social drinking or other types of social meet ups and fun. I just took dancing classes. Anyway yes it took me a long long long long time to make any type of a noticeable entry. But, I made that entry to the right person and it worked liked God intended it to. The wait was worth it. My mil is a certified mbti practitioner, 30 years she assessed types. We have some great conversations she typed me too. What an awesome woman. Idk LSE are a strange bunch. They are so hung up on looks and sexual appeal. I am a conservative dressor. I like being covered up. One LSE who lives in the community kept coming up to me to ask his type. I kept telling him. He ended up with an IEE. Another LSE loved Asian women - Thai Asian to be more specific. Another LSE wanted an IV league graduate in the same par as himself. Another LSE wanted an IEI -got into a conflict relationship, so many got with SEE. Yes passed up or overlooked is the right way to say it. Overlooked. But that’s okay I’m very happily married to two LSE, not just one. Two for waiting twice as long for the right person.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The premise in this thread is true. Often duals seem uninteresting/bland/lame/weird to each other at first glance, but when they start interacting and triggering the duality intertype, everything changes. Semi-duality or activity are much easier to start.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    Semi-duality or activity are much easier to start.
    In my experience, my extroverted Semi-Dual usually spots me first, and then he just goes for it. Haha. I don't have to do anything. I am not looking at him (or not even seeing him at all), not paying attention, and suddenly he is at my side and introduces himself and asks me several questions haha. Assuming my Semi-Dual is SEE, it could also be a matter of them being Se lead. It could be different if your Semi Dual is Ne lead, or even more so if they are an Introvert.

My Activity partner is introverted, and in those cases, there is usually more of an initial back and forth. I am assuming another guy I know is LSI-Se, and he did not approach directly, but started being more interested once I was being humorous and sending positive signals. With SEE, I don't have to do anything at all, I just have to exist and be close enough in their vicinity haha. With introverts, I usually have to be a bit more active.

What helps with Semi Dual (and Activity), is that they are easier to meet, because you don't have to go out of your way/comfort zone as much. The last time I got approached by an SEE, I had to go out of my comfort zone a bit, I went to a fairly big social event (big for my usual standards haha, in the past I would not have gone). But it was manageable. Similarly with the LSI-Se, but there I went to something that's more technical, also a bit out of my comfort zone (to which I prob wouldn't have gone in the past either). Whenever I don't go out of my comfort zone, I mostly meet IxFx types and some INTx or LSI-Ti, with the occasional ENFx or ENTj.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 05-09-2019 at 10:44 AM.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    In my experience, my extroverted Semi-Dual usually spots me first, and then he just goes for it. Haha. I don't have to do anything. I am not looking at him (or not even seeing him at all), not paying attention, and suddenly he is at my side and introduces himself and asks me several questions haha. Assuming my Semi-Dual is SEE, it could also be a matter of them being Se lead. It could be different if your Semi Dual is Ne lead, or even more so if they are an Introvert.

My Activity partner is introverted, and in those cases, there is usually more of an initial back and forth. I am assuming another guy I know is LSI-Se, and he did not approach directly, but started being more interested once I was being humorous and sending positive signals. With SEE, I don't have to do anything at all, I just have to exist and be close enough in their vicinity haha. With introverts, I usually have to be a bit more active.

What helps with Semi Dual (and Activity), is that they are easier to meet, because you don't have to go out of your way/comfort zone as much. The last time I got approached by an SEE, I had to go out of my comfort zone a bit, I went to a fairly big social event (big for my usual standards haha, in the past I would not have gone). But it was manageable. Similarly with the LSI-Se, but there I went to something that's more technical, also a bit out of my comfort zone (to which I prob wouldn't have gone in the past either). Whenever I don't go out of my comfort zone, I mostly meet IxFx types and some INTx or LSI-Ti, with the occasional ENFx or ENTj.

Okay, that's good. But how do you feel about ILE's?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Be aware that her parents have breed super hyper mutant crazy ILE by feeding him calculus books (they just dissolved those into liquid phase) instead of giving plain breast milk.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Some things they talk about can be fairly interesting, but I'd never seriously date one. That applies to all Ne/Si types for me. There's an IEE guy who kind of asked me out before, but I don't think it would work. Maybe if we didn't share mutual friends I'd go on a date with him just-because (he's interesting/attractive enough hah), but it's just too awkward and too much pressure. Going on a date with opposite Quadra seems useless to me overall. ILE... I've never personally met one that I found attractive, afaik. But I also rarely meet any. I almost never meet ExTp.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some things they talk about can be fairly interesting, but I'd never seriously date one.
    That applies to all Ne/Si types for me.
    There are ILE's that are more Se-ish... look at Christian Bale..

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I think he's LSI

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Guys who I type as ILE... Seth Green, Neil degrasse Tyson (Ne sub), VSauce (Ti sub), WheezyWaiter (Ne sub), Linus Sebastian (Ti sub)

I'm fine with those guys, and i found Seth Green oddly attractive haha, but I cannot see myself being with ILE.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's LSI
    LSI-Se or LSI-Ti ?

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Looks bit too fluid for static type

and does not really talk using definitions.
    Take a look at real deal.

Cousteau used lots of Se.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys who I type as ILE... Seth Green, Neil degrasse Tyson (Ne sub), VSauce (Ti sub), WheezyWaiter (Ne sub)
    Edward Norton ?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nerdy type ILE's are common, but there are many non nerdy ones too..

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Guys who I type as ILE... Seth Green, Neil degrasse Tyson (Ne sub), VSauce (Ti sub), WheezyWaiter (Ne sub), Linus Sebastian (Ti sub)

I'm fine with those guys, and i found Seth Green oddly attractive haha, but I cannot see myself being with ILE.
    you type Seth Green as an extrovert? I know Seth he's LII
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Edward Norton ?
    I'd type him as INFx.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    you type Seth Green as an extrovert? I know Seth he's LII
    How do you know him?

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

LSI-Se or LSI-Ti ?
    He could be neither. But more likely Se sub. His control over his body is superb. Strong Si. And he can be strict with it. He's known for his physical transformations for roles.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post

Cousteau used lots of Se.
    That's too bad, because he seems LII-Ti

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He could be neither. But more likely Se sub. His control over his body is superb. Strong Si. And he can be strict with it. He's known for his physical transformations for roles.
    Irrelevant. He is ILE-Ti, and Edward Norton too.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How do you know him?
    i liv in the same community as him
    he goes to the same places as my cousin and friend
    -

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Jacques Cousteau ILE was also quite introverted but very Se heavy professionally.

He is exemplar of ILE normalizing subtype. They are around and usually quite unnoticeable. They do not have LII propensity towards analysis neither did Cousteau.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123