donald_tusk_pap_550.jpeg

1) Introduction
    2) Early political career
    3) Interesting facts
    4) Quotes
    5) Freestyle

1)

Donald Franciszek Tusk
    (born 22 April 1957) is a Polish politician and historian. He has been President of the European Council since 1 December 2014. Previously he was Prime Minister of Poland (2007–2014) and a co-founder and chairman of the Civic Platform (Platforma Obywatelska) party. Tusk began his public career as an activist in his home town of Gdańsk supporting Solidarity and organizing his fellow university students. Tusk belongs to the Kashubian minority in Poland.

2)

At the beginning of the Solidarity era, Tusk was involved in student politics in Gdańsk. He helped found the Solidarity Student Committee at the university and later the local Independent Students Association. Tusk was one of the founders of the Liberal Democratic Congress (Kongres Liberalno-Demokratyczny KLD), and became its president in 1991.

3)

Tusk's political position emphasizes strong support for a free market economy with minimal government interference and cooperative relationships with other EU members.

At the beginning of his term as prime minister, he inherited an economy of $425billion, as of 2014 this had expanded to $856billion and has always exceeded all forecasts. The country has not contracted, even despite the 2008 financial crisis during his term.Poland reported small growth in biggest financial crisis, while all countries noted loss.

Law and Justice often blames Donald for all bad stuff that happens - "It's Tusk's fault". It became quite famous thing that rose to rank of humor.

4)

"I got into politics a little bit by chance, as a person from the first generation of the Solidarity movement."

"What we have to do is to definitively remove the last vestiges of power from those who treat terms such as 'liberal democracy,"

"A word of truth can mobilise two peoples looking for the road to reconciliation."

"I spent an important part of my life participating in conflicts. But for me, conflict was not the main principle."

"Safe Poland cannot be build with people, for whom hatred, obsession, inferiority complex are main motivation for action."

'Good never can be defenseless, evil never can go unpunished' - comment about bin Laden's death

'If i were a woman, I would be a better Prime Minister'

'I have natural tendency, maybe even I have worked on it too hard - for avoiding situations, that are connected with something unpleasant or effort.'

'Love always has to be better than hatred'

'I'm never happy about somebody else's problem, even if they concern Jaroslaw Kaczyński'

'If you don't have different opinion or you are not capable of winning leadership, don't disturb'

5)

Older generation of people in Poland usually learned russian or german instead of english. Tusk only recently started to learn english and he's trying to create image in media as person who is getting more fluent.

There were many signals coming from media, that Tusk is a leader who demands absolute loyalty. If someone from his political party or allies would act against him, would be instantly punished behind the scenes or sometimes in public.

Tusk's number one political opponent in Poland, before his political career advanced beyond country, is Jarosław Kaczyński.

One of his 'fluent english propaganda in media' :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BU6jB4fu3A
    Last edited by davez; 07-05-2016 at 11:11 AM. Reason: corrections

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Ne EII
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obvious LIE.
    I call myself batyote and I fight crime at night.

TIM
    LiL-Tee
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malna View Post
    Obvious LIE.
    for sure gamma, though what i've been thinking is ESI

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought he was SLI. but then again i've never met him lol.

Retired master of mistype and confusion DeleteMeModsPls's Avatar
    TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI, definitely LSI.