Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Socionics For Dummies

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should rename the title of this thread to something more appropriate, like "Socionics Is For Dummies".

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Standard (no subtype) Dimensionality:

4D: Lead = Demonstrative
    3D: Creative = Ignoring
    2D: Role = Mobilizing
    1D: Seeking = PoLR

"Advanced" Dimensionality:

Inert (first function) Subtype:
    4D: Lead > Demonstrative
    3D: Ignoring > Creative
    2D: Mobilizing > Role
    1D: PoLR > Seeking

Contact (second function) Subtype:
    4D: Demonstrative > Lead
    3D: Creative > Ignoring
    2D: Role > Mobilizing
    1D: Seeking > PoLR

I've written more about the subject here.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avalonia View Post
    You should rename the title of this thread to something more appropriate, like "Socionics Is For Dummies".
    as the more of knowledge helps to be lesser dummies

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Avalonia, you haven't proven your intellectual superiority until you've come up with a better model Xp

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Type 1: Extroverted Judging / Je Ego
    Sociotypes: EIE, SLI-Te, ILI, IEI, LSE, LIE (SEI, ESE)

Type 2: Extroverted Feeling / Ego , Ethical (leaning Extrovert)
    Sociotypes: ESE, EIE, SEI-Fe, IEI-Fe

Type 3: Business Logic valuing Extrovert
    Sociotypes: SEE, LIE, IEE, LSE

Type 4: Introverted Feeling > Introverted Intuition , Ethical (leaning Introvert)
    Sociotypes: ESI, EII, IEE-Fi, IEI

Type 5: Introverted Logic > Weak Extroverted Sensing , Logical Introvert
    Sociotypes: LII, ILI

Type 6: Universal
    Sociotypes: all

Type 7: Extroverted Perceiving / Pe Lead
    Sociotypes: ILE, SLE, SEE, IEE

Type 8: Extroverted Logic / Je Ego > Extroverted Sensing , Logical Extrovert
    Sociotypes: LIE, LSE, SLE

Type 9: Introverted Sensing > Introverted Ethics > Weak and/or Unvalued Extroverted Sensing , (leaning Ethical) Introvert
    Sociotypes: SEI, SLI-Si, ESI, EII, IEI, LII
    Why is type 6 the universal type?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    They all may to be universal. It's better to think about possible disproportion, but not restrictions.
    If somewhere exist EII E-1 - then can anything. Seems I worked some time with ESE E-9.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If the entire enneagram is built on core fears and 6 is fear of fear of course they encapsulate everything... fear everywhere... FEAR... huuuuu

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    If the entire enneagram is built on core fears and 6 is fear of fear of course they encapsulate everything... fear everywhere... FEAR... huuuuu
    That's where i disagree with the underlying theory. I don't think the basis is fear.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's where i disagree with the underlying theory. I don't think the basis is fear.
    Same, fear is not the true origin. That only happens when types stray from their health. I think it starts with fixation and desire so you get the holy idea, virtue, role et cetera respectively.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    I think it starts with fixation and desire so you get the holy idea, virtue, role et cetera respectively.
    The "holly" ideas have 2 origins: positive + negative.
    It's possibly to use only one side, as the opposite should be single-valued linked with it.

> That only happens when types stray from their health.

"Healthy" - is the state where type has developed against own limits, where human overcame own type to higher level without types. All healthy states are similar. Types - is where the personal leveling starts and progresses. It should be related equally to positive and negative inner ideals-attachments.
    If to take my 1 type - in the most healthy variant it reduces the tendency to fight with windmills, to do this more for the own pleasure than for good result. Developed 1 look as polite, stable and positive people, like good fathers to thoughts of which people want to follow themselves. They do not need to fight with people anymore. Developed 1 get the traits of its opposite 9 - its abbility to be liked, to live in harmony with the environment, instead of feeling anger and annoying fights with others. Same happens with 9 - it overcomes its passive and avoiding attitudes to active forming the reality closer to own ideals, while staying same cute and pleasant persons. Developed 1 and 9 become very similar, but they go to this from different sides.
    Imagine a mountain. It has 1 peak. While types are the points at bottom of this mountain. There are many places-types at the bottom. The lower - the more distance may to be between places. Personal development is the way from the bottom to the peak which is the same for all, despite the place where you've started the way to the top.

Jung's typology and Enneagram types have similar conception of personal development. To develop means to overcome own type limits. You should stop to avoid own fears/weaks and stop to blindly idealize your pleasures/strongs specific for your type.

On Jung's T/F dichotomy.
    T - is the reason. But there is no sense in the reason if people suffer when it is realized.
    F - cares about emotional pleasure. But there is no sense in pleasure if it leads to objectively worse life (lesser possibility to stay alive).
    The optimum point - is the balance of the opposite ideals/attachments.

That is why duality attracts us. Our nature wants to achive this optimum. In duals we see the supressed half of ourselves and also friends which may to help us overcome our non-integrity.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

A good sign to see whether you have a compatible ITR or not (aka same quadra etc):

Can you be truly yourself without feeling judged?

If you feel like you have to hide parts of who you are, or change your personality, or censor yourself, etc etc,
    then it is most likely not a good ITR.

P.S: An exception can be LIE-ESI duality. The -Fi lead is always gonna make you feel judged a bit.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ive heard type 9 is the crown of the enneagram: that that type encompasses a little bit of every enneagram, which is why it is so "identity-less"

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

9 is the only enneagram type that will punch you in the face just because they don't like your face or because they feel like it. True story!

BEWARE THE NINE!

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    9 is the only enneagram type that will punch you in the face just because they don't like your face or because they feel like it. True story!

BEWARE THE NINE!
    Are you sure that person wasn't 8w9 or something?

What's the full story?

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default Take 56 (or so): Extroversion ≠ Sociability

Extroversion is more of an energetic charge and outlook rather than a matter of how much someone likes to be social, though highly extroverted people often do prefer being social (like ExFj-Fe).

Extroverted people seem "electrified"; especially those who have an extroverted subtype.

Extroverts with an introverted subtype, depending on how strong it is, will come across as "(s)lower" (energy) and possibly introverted initially, but upon further interaction will enfold their higher energy.

With introverts who have an extroverted subtype, this effect is reversed; they come across as higher energy initially, but then retract visibly after some time.

Ep and Ip types tend to have more vacillating energy levels, even those whose subtype corresponds with their main orientation (meaning I vs E).
    For example, an Ne-ILE may have moments of seeming lower energy once in a while, or an Si-SEI may seem higher energy once in a while. But it is not a regular occurrence as it is for Ti-ILE; their "downtime" happens on a much more regular basis.

With Ej and Ij whose subtypes are Je or Ji, their energy levels are the most stable and stereotypical for their orientation. Ij-Ji are the stereotypical introverts, Ej-Je are the stereotypical extroverts in the Socion. Ep-Ji and Ip-Je are the most "ambiverted" in the Socion.

Extroversion > Introversion

Ej-Je > Ep-Pe > Ej-Pi> Ep-Ji > Ip-Je > Ij-Pe > Ip-Pi > Ij-Ji

Sociable > Asocial

ExFx > IxFx > ExTx > IxTx
    Last edited by Olimpia; 05-03-2018 at 01:31 PM.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Extroversion > Introversion

Ej-Je > Ep-Pe > Ej-Pi > Ep-Ji > Ip-Je > Ij-Pe > Ip-Pi > Ij-Ji

Sociable > Asocial

ExFx > IxFx > ExTx > IxTx
    Now things get even more interesting and complex if you add the Enneagram to this...

Extroverted > Introverted

7 > 8 > 2 > 3 > 6 > 1 > 9 > 4 > 5

In terms of (energetic) extroversion and introversion for the stackings, I'd say the main factors are SX – which provides the most intense energetic charge – then SO, which brings that charge outwards and disperses it more widely in(to) social interactions. SP would be the most introverted, because its energy is self containing.

Sx/So > So/Sx > Sx/Sp > So/Sp > Sp/Sx > Sp/So

Sociable > Asocial

2 > 3 > 6 > 7 > 1 > 9 > 8 > 4 > 5

So/Sx > So/Sp > Sx/So > Sp/So > Sx/Sp > Sp/Sx

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Based on this, the most "objective" IEs are and , and the least "objective"/most "subjective" ones are and .

Most "objective" types: SLE-Se, LSE-Te, SEE-Se, LIE-Te, ISTx-xe
    Most "subjective" types: IEI-Ni, EII-Fi, ILI-Ni, ESI-Fi, ENFx-xi

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

"Qualia" seems like a complex term for .

"Qualia are the raw sensations of experience," Chalmers said. "I see colors — reds, greens, blues — and they feel a certain way to me. I see a red rose; I hear a clarinet; I smell mothballs. All of these feel a certain way to me. You must experience them to know what they're like. You could provide a perfect, complete map of my brain [down to elementary particles] — what's going on when I see, hear, smell — but if I haven't seen, heard, smelled for myself, that brain map is not going to tell me about the quality of seeing red, hearing a clarinet, smelling mothballs. You must experience it."

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

qualia is a blanket categorical term for the first person but not necessarily introverted experience of irrational perception itself. remember an introverted sensation is something more than a sensation and that "raw sensation" could just as easily be extroverted. just because something is experienced by an individual doesn't necessarily make it an introverted process (this is where static I/O reasoning falls apart). the reason philosophers struggle with qualia is it is experienced prior to rational judgement, which makes capturing it within a system difficult, since the second the rational judgement is assigned it is transformed into something other than qualia, it is now a sign not a thing, for the purposes of operation within a system. to truly honor qualia one can't even talk about it, which is what a lot of easten philosophy centers on

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default Se Demonstrative and Control

ESEs can be surprisingly controlling. They are usually 2s with a good connection to 8, and the demonstrative 4D -Se is not to be underestimated.

ESEs control their loved ones by taking care of them. LSEs do the same but in their case it is not that surprising. With ESEs, it is like being a puppet master behind the scenes. LSEs are not as subtle about it, and lack emotional manipulation knowhow.

The combo of Se and Te is by far the most controlling and harsh, aka ESTx.
    LSE has a mask of Si care and softness which SLE lacks, but SLE is EP temperament and more dynamic in their approach, whereas LSE being EJ is more strict.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on this, the most "objective" IEs are and , and the least "objective"/most "subjective" ones are and .

Most "objective" types: SLE-Se, LSE-Te, SEE-Se, LIE-Te, ISTx-xe
    Most "subjective" types: IEI-Ni, EII-Fi, ILI-Ni, ESI-Fi, ENFx-xi
    Don't use the words objective and subjective. They are pseudo-intellectual terms. The proper epistemological terms are empirical and rational.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by domr View Post
    Don't use the words objective and subjective. They are pseudo-intellectual terms. The proper epistemological terms are empirical and rational.
    Looks like empirical correlates with and rational correlates with in this context.
    And the lack thereof is "subjectivity". Anyway, I am gonna stick with my definition, but thanks for the clarification.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by domr View Post
    hurdur im a big nerd

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You are IEI when you think that types are not important as you may dream yourself as a dual or a unicorn.

LSEs are not as subtle about it, and lack emotional manipulation knowhow.
    Do not underestimate types to use weak functions T types may study ethical skills like F types may study the math and technics.
    Last edited by Sol; 07-10-2018 at 07:15 PM.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Olympia:
    I agree with all your statements in post #423

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    You are IEI when you think that types are not important as you may dream yourself as a dual or a unicorn.
    That's rather Delta NF. Unvalued Ti (dislike for type boxes) and Ne ego (coming up with random unicorn stuff).

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Childlike 4s are essentially like tortured children, at unhealthy levels.
    Have you seen the french movie betty blue?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guillaine View Post
    Have you seen the french movie betty blue?
    No. Why?

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Standard (no subtype) Dimensionality:

4D: Lead = Demonstrative
    3D: Creative = Ignoring
    2D: Role = Mobilizing
    1D: Seeking = PoLR

"Advanced" Dimensionality:

Inert (first function) Subtype:
    4D: Lead > Demonstrative
    3D: Ignoring > Creative
    2D: Mobilizing > Role
    1D: PoLR > Seeking

Contact (second function) Subtype:
    4D: Demonstrative > Lead
    3D: Creative > Ignoring
    2D: Role > Mobilizing
    1D: Seeking > PoLR

I've written more about the subject here.
    I read the blog, they're significant differences. Afterwards, how would you add DNCH, 0.5 for each strengthened? No wonder typing can be difficult when subtypes have such an effect, along with personal growth, life experience, culture, enneagram.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

That's rather Delta NF. Unvalued Ti (dislike for type boxes) and Ne ego (coming up with random unicorn stuff).
    Ne is about objective, including personal traits. It's Ni about something "own" and fantasy dreamworlds without limts ( including with unicorns ). Base Ni = the most strange, speculative and mystic perception of the world.
    With also weak and nonvalued Te - facts of the reality matter not much (hence easier to ignore the degree a type version contradicts to the experience), while valued Ti predisposes to categorizations but speculative.
    Such IEI may to have the most inclination to assign themselves random types. The example is niffer who dreams herself as own dual.

With nonvalued Ti people are inclined to do not assign random "boxes", but just lesser to use the typology. But if they use, - they care more about Te facts.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guillaine View Post
    I read the blog, they're significant differences. Afterwards, how would you add DNCH, 0.5 for each strengthened? No wonder typing can be difficult when subtypes have such an effect, along with personal growth, life experience, culture, enneagram.
    Frankly, I wouldn't add DCNH at all. It is an overkill if you already have the subtypes and Enneagram typings down. DCNH is like a poor half-version of subtype and enneagram combined, which leaves much to the imagination, but not in a good way, imo.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Ne is about objective, including personal traits. It's Ni about something "own" and fantasy dreamworlds without limts ( including with unicorns ). Base Ni = the most strange, speculative and mystic perception of the world.
    With also weak and nonvalued Te - facts of the reality matter not much (hence easier to ignore the degree type version contradicts to the experience), while valued Ti predisposes to categorizations but speculative.
    Such IEI may to have the most inclination to assign themselves random types. The example is niffer who dreams herself as own dual.

With nonvalued Ti people are inclined to do not assign random "boxes", but just lesser to use the typology. But if they use, - they care more about Te facts.
    What you described would fit EII-Ne much better. They also have strong Ni but don't value Ti boxing. IEI has and values -Ti, black and white logic. They like boxes. Ni lead is speculative, but there is still the valuing of Se and Ti in the background, which EII doesn't have. Also, the IEI-Ni has boosted Ti so they will be more inclined to putting things into boxes. EII can arguably be way more speculative if they engage in their Intuition. Their speculation is not bound by Ti and Se valuing. Though they do like factual information, that is the bound they may have, but EII has 1D Te, so there won't be much in the way there. Niffer is arguably not even Ti valuing btw.

Assigning themselves random types is something I see mostly Delta NFs doing to themselves, especially those whose Fi is boosted.

Jungian typology is quite Ti, and the kinds of people who have the most issue with it and complain about not wanting to be "put into a box" are usually Ti PoLR followed by weakened Ti Role. (Aka mainly xEE-Fi and sometimes ExI-Fi). Imagining themselves to be unicorns or furries for that matter is almost always a Delta NF + Type 4 thing. Not all 4s are IEI.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah I know its heresy but its hard to square Ne egos being childlike but at the same time a stronger reality sense than Ni.. its more like both Ne and Ni are forms of fantasy and Ne is more broad and reaching and Ni more deep and penetrating. ultimately the most concrete types are the 4D Se types and the most disconnected the 4d Ni types, but this transcends what is really valued, i.e.: EII and IEI are equally fantastic but in their own way

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    qualia is a blanket categorical term for the first person but not necessarily introverted experience of irrational perception itself.
    You are so much better than me at saying stuff. I was going to point out that Se would be qualia as well, and Te as an element of it inherent there too.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    qualia is a blanket categorical term for the first person but not necessarily introverted experience of irrational perception itself. remember an introverted sensation is something more than a sensation and that "raw sensation" could just as easily be extroverted. just because something is experienced by an individual doesn't necessarily make it an introverted process (this is where static I/O reasoning falls apart). the reason philosophers struggle with qualia is it is experienced prior to rational judgement, which makes capturing it within a system difficult, since the second the rational judgement is assigned it is transformed into something other than qualia, it is now a sign not a thing, for the purposes of operation within a system. to truly honor qualia one can't even talk about it, which is what a lot of easten philosophy centers on
    Just be.

Lot's of Se types just "are" and would find discussion about "being" non-sensical.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ha I'm glad someone gets it

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Olimpia: The IEE "don't box me in, man" is more about Ne than Ti, because SEEs don't have the same kinds of issues with it. The IEEs are seeing possibilities beyond/besides the current concrete reality.

Also, 4D Ti doesn't really box things the way you might imagine, because there are more ways to categorize and connect things than simple discreet boxes (you've taken some writing classes, yes? you know how there are rules to follow for "good writing" but actual good writers don't always follow those rules. That's the way it is with 4D functions, you know the rules well enough to go beyond them to the actual essence or meaning behind the rule, if that makes sense. So, being very strict with categorizations and not being able to see how things may not fit those categories or may stretch to multiple ones is often 2D "norms" and lower Ti.)
    Last edited by squark; 07-11-2018 at 04:42 PM. Reason: typo

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    @Olimpia: The IEE "don't box me in, man" is more about Ne than Ti, because SEEs don't have the same kinds of issues with it.
    Nah, I have seen the same issue with SEE-Fi people.
    *cough* idontgiveaf *cough*

Besides that, a couple of IEEs I have personally talked to were somewhat more open to "boxing in" (usually those who were Ne subtype or no subtype). I am guessing it is the connect on -Ti. Their Dual SLI is -Ti Dem. -Ti is more black and white logic, whereas +Ti is more permissible in certain ways. +Ti considers the exceptions to the rule much more often than -Ti does. -Ti is categorical and the stereotypical definition of Ti lead. Which is somewhat ironic, considering that LSI are +Ti lead.

But anyway, based on cognition style and unconscious "dual expectations", it seems like IEEs *can* be more okay with categorical "boxes" sometimes, due to their Dual being that way at times.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigh. "My personal experience" is not really a good argument. It assumes too many things, beginning with you typing the people correctly. Anyway, Ne is about seeing other possibilities beyond what is currently in front of you which is why it applies there. . .

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I also think olimpia's understanding of +/- Ti is off. +Ti is the logic of the affirmative structure, it wants to box people in. -Ti is fractal structure, allowing for disconnected self contained units. +Ti is generally trying to force everything into a universal structure. it doesn't handle contradiction well. -Ti looks at things as polysemous and multi layered. +Ti generally flattens things (layers create literal ambiguity), especially when combined with Se. This is why LSI and IEE miscommunicate and conflict. IEE says something and LSI can take it as a violation of the structure (some form of turning it upside down, negation, and so forth, looking at it from the side, not Se), which is seen as bordering on a manifestation of criminal intent, meanwhile IEE tends to underestimate the ethical integrity of LSI when it makes certain statements. Some statements in the mouth of LSI are progressive when you consider them absolute, but if you project a fractal structure on them they sound asinine or merely authoritarian when they're part of a scheme wherein their "limitations" are actually anti authoritarian in scope

"boxing in" might just be how Fi creative is viewed, in terms of being verbally "judgey" i.e.: conveying one's attitude toward things almost as a weapon
    Last edited by Bertrand; 07-12-2018 at 12:57 AM.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast