TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Yeah, ideal.

The most diseased subspecie of logic ever, it's optimism.

The requirement that faith be absolute completely disables the "But what if we're wrong?" voice that screams out in your head for a very good reason, and before you know it, generations have passed, over which adherence has dealt more and more damage to the world.

You know, I have a backup scenario for if it really does turn out your God is real. If he exists, then judging by the way I turned out, he obviously created me as a monster without a soul, or a demon or some shit, so my ass is going to hell no matter what, lol. In which case, I have nothing to be anxious about, since I have my whole life to prepare for the eternal agony of hell, and since nothing I do can prevent it, none of my choices matter. I don't have to worry - it's my destiny.

The less charitable reality for me is the one where he doesn't exist, because in that world, proper causality is in effect, our choices actually matter, and that demon of Choice gives us wrong-choices to agonize over. What if this crueller godless world really is the one we live in, huh? What if you don't actually have that bulwark of faith to back you up, and humanity really does have to deal with the consequences of that bad genetic practice? What then?
    what are you talking about? We are obviously going to Valhalla to be surrounded by food, mead and busty thicc valkyrie wenches. That heroic death can't come soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    I can’t believe in supernatural stuff, that circuitry just doesn’t seem to exist in my brain.
    No thicc busty wenches or mead for you then!

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The only way I can place ~*passion*~ for atheism into a context that makes any sense is that the person must have been hurt by religion during a formative period. Whenever I see "haha God believers are stupid haha" I always think: who hurt you?

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    The only way I can place ~*passion*~ for atheism into a context that makes any sense is that the person must have been hurt by religion during a formative period. Whenever I see "haha God believers are stupid haha" I always think: who hurt you?
    Yeah like Marx. Have you read some of his stuff? The man hated God with a passion kekw. funny he actually ended up causing the death of a lot of Christians..

I also met this guy on the INTP forums ^^' he hated religion and God with so much passion I had to grab him by the shoulder and tell him he must be a feeler or some shit..

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moharu View Post
    I don't care if I have a "God" inside of me or not. I'm not interest in it so whether it does exist or not is not my concern. As a Te valuer, I love practical knowledge, what method has the highest chance of solving a technical problem. Understand something like God seem boring as fuck, I just need to understand myself instead.

God is irrelevant, even if it show its face right in front of me, unless it grant me some free wishes so I could make use of it.

sounds like apatheism. No just and no loving goddess or god would be angry or torture you if you are an apatheist. it wouldn't make sense

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    In an ideal world the "corrupted stock" would repent and realize their ultimate role in God's plan. Again, I chose/see Saint Augustine as my Patron for many a darn good reason.

The man sinned, hard and unrepentantly, right up until he stopped doing that and repented. I mean listen to the arrogance of this mofo: "Lord give me chastity, but not yet" is his most famous quote. He sinned unrepentantly right up until he did not, became a monk, and survived the fall of Rome because the friggin' Vandals respected the kind of man/believer he became. Literal Vandals decided to not chuck rocks at, pillage, or firebomb what amounted to his private library/abode/village out of respect.

Parse that shit through your downright mistaken perception of Christ and those who follow him.
    you're still spreading hate of humanity while telling the humans you look down on that they are loved by an invisible being. You make any such deity appear to be as hatefilled as you are to us.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    what are you talking about? We are obviously going to Valhalla to be surrounded by food, mead and busty thicc valkyrie wenches. That heroic death can't come soon enough.

No thicc busty wenches or mead for you then!
    Haha, I would love for that to be true. I guess it's more like I believe it when I see it, otherwise such thoughts don't really occur to me because it's just not concrete.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Facebook bans Bible verses

Eliza, you just shared bullshit. Please delete it. You're scaring people and spreading untruths.

"Watson was wrong about his broad claim, but he was correct about links from Biblehub.com being banned.

Facebook does not censor Bible passages or posts with religious content. However, links to Biblehub.com were banned and prohibited from being posted.

After Newsweek reached out about the issue, Facebook stated it was in error and corrected it." https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-...ssages-1565190

IF someone puts bible verses on a shitty website, it makes sense the shitty website being blocked might be seen as the bible being blocked. IT WAS NOT, though.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    sounds like apatheism. No just and no loving goddess or god would be angry or torture you if you are an apatheist. it wouldn't make sense
    I'm not a believer, saying god and godess do not exist make no sense, because we have no proof to prove it. If you say gods do not exist, you are no different than those "believer".

As I said, I value practical knowledge, so I ll keep my doubt about everything. No knowledge is absolutely right, but still I can use some knowledge that have the highest chance that its right or closest to the truth, so I can make profit from it.

I don't mess with Gods because I don't like the idea worshiping them (like a pitiful slave), it's a personal taste.
    Last edited by Tarnished; 02-17-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a believer, saying god and godess do not exist make no sense, because we have no proof to prove it. If you say gods does not exist, you are no different than those "believer".

As I said, I value practical knowledge, so I ll keep my doubt about everything. No knowledge is absolutely right, but still I can use some knowledge that have the highest chance that its right or closest to the truth, so I can make profit from it.

I don't mess with Gods because I don't like the idea worshiping them (like a pitiful slave), it's a personal taste.

yeah, apatheism sounds like a good fit for you...it's not atheism.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a believer, saying god and godess do not exist make no sense, because we have no proof to prove it. If you say gods do not exist, you are no different than those "believer".

Te-Fi alert! We have gamma or delta intruders! GUARDS SEIZE THEM!

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te-Fi alert! We have gamma or delta intruders! GUARDS SEIZE THEM!
    Ha! I would say delta may have more believers than alpha. For alpha NTs, Gods are something to be analyze like a normal object...

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok I'll be srs for a sec. Imo there is something to panpsychism. If ppl are familiar with Brahman in Hinduism, same idea. I think people have a deep need for religion and its not a good idea to take it away from them. People however do a lot of harm in the name of something else, often its religion. Christianity isn't as bad as ppl make it out to be. Case in point: atheist communists for example banned religion at the time and killed ppl for having faith. Same shit as killing in the name of a God. >) just need a good excuse.

Ha! I would say delta may have more believers than alpha. For alpha NTs, Gods are something to be analyze like a normal object...
    Someone doesn't know about Ti and metaphysics.. oopsies..

Last edited by SGF; 02-17-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

What's ti and metaphysics

TIM
    itsp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so wats ur top 5 best religions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I understand by facts that telepathy exists. At now I experiment with future guessing.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Sometimes I have thoughts during meditative prayer that I have to interrupt myself to write down. What?

I was only wondering if there was a venn diagram somewhere with "guns don't kill, people do" and "religion doesn't kill, people do." I think it sounds like an overall psychological bent toward a certain outlook maybe? Not making any particular point.

And um, yeah? I think about this while meditating, so what? I try my best bbl

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's ti and metaphysics
    Ti is metaphysics, especially if paired with intuition. To prefer thinking that is pragmatic and rooted in experience is Te. Ti is concerned with the structure of reality, Te with the object's information.

A lot of ppl who I have met who were LSI or LII were all religious in some way.. and had convoluted explanations as to why. I assume this is due to being Ti lead.

To absolutely require empirical evidence is either Te preference or Moharu is parroting standard atheist lines without much research into what ppl thought about the subject.. (¬‿¬)
    Last edited by SGF; 02-17-2021 at 12:55 PM.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti is metaphysics, especially if paired with intuition. To prefer thinking that is pragmatic and rooted in experience is Te. Ti is concerned with the structure of reality, Te with the object's information.

A lot of ppl who I have met who were LSI or LII were all religious in some way.. and had convoluted explanations as to why. I assume this is due to being Ti lead.

To absolutely require empirical evidence is either Te preference or Moharu is parroting standard atheist lines without much research into what ppl thought about the subject.. (¬‿¬)
    From my experience (maybe wrong), the alpha NTs I've known don't have the same point of view of religion like the others do. They can have a "metaphysics" point of view, but it doesn't need to be a religion, a god to worship. They forcus on exploring and understanding the structure of the world rather than "worship" something. And their Ne is weird, the way they see things is, even if it is a god .... I don't known how to describe...

And they, with their logic and crazy Ne, are very hard to counter. If I have to say what type I feel like the most intelligent, it would be alpha NTs.
    Last edited by Tarnished; 02-17-2021 at 01:33 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm barely paying attention to this thread, but the way religion is being discussed as existing in different spheres- ie the (super)natural impulse being expressed in alternative ways, like politics, consumerism, etc. Is an interesting subject. And I wish you guys were henpecking about it more. I know there is disagreement and I'd like to suggest a new thread (:

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea when people think of "worshipping" they automatically associate that with "religion" and "worshipping some God," but I think that's a superficial way of looking at things.

I think at the end of the day we all worship something (either knowingly or unknowingly); some non-religious philosophy we adhere to, superficial things like money, hedonism, etc

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    Eliza, you just shared bullshit. Please delete it. You're scaring people and spreading untruths.

"Watson was wrong about his broad claim, but he was correct about links from Biblehub.com being banned.

Facebook does not censor Bible passages or posts with religious content. However, links to Biblehub.com were banned and prohibited from being posted.

After Newsweek reached out about the issue, Facebook stated it was in error and corrected it." https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-...ssages-1565190

IF someone puts bible verses on a shitty website, it makes sense the shitty website being blocked might be seen as the bible being blocked. IT WAS NOT, though.
    Interesting! Thanks.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    @Eliza Thomason
    Religion is a form of superstition - not only belief in something without evidence, but something which cannot be evidenced.
    Scientific evidenced based reasoning is insufficient when dealing with anything which isn't strictly science.

Is pragmatic action in complex environments simply just superstition? Since one can't sensibly get all the data necessary to make decision before it has to be made.
    ἀταραξία

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know know religious and nonreligious in every quadra so it seems about evenly distributed to me.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, i don't think arguing is a good conversion method or anything if that's the hook you're aiming for, and the factual(tm) existence of God is kind of a boring topic to me. Have fun
    It is a boring topic for me, too.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I probably was too harsh in this thread so I apologize if I offended anybody - but I have a bad personal experience with crazy religious people treating me like a horrible person when I know I'm not. Well I am bad in some ways- but not as bad as they were making me out to be and I was a sensitive kid then and it left a bad taste in my mouth. I mean really, I hate that "Christian" cunt who treated me like I was a sex offender just cuz I simply said I had a crush on a boy my own age when I was 16 years old and I was NOT being pervy with her or anything like that, I promise. I was very nice about it and she still treated me like shit. I should forgive her, but I'd rather just pretend to beat her up in a story to deal with it.

It can't be said enough times , those who act like they are the most righteous are most often the most awful.

The ones that aren't like this was NOT enough for me to over come the bad I experienced. But again I'm sorry if I was harsh because I know my language can be kind of too brutal at times. I realize there is beauty in religion for a lot of people- but scapegoating and demonizing 'my people' to get that, I won't fucking tolerate that!

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I can't imagine where I'd be without the shit suffering has taught me. Obviously l don't wanna trivialize it, like the holocaust was bad, lol, but haven't you ever fucked up and learned some shit? I know I'm not gonna bring you to Jesus, lol, but have a little nuance ffs.
    Suffering is Good, Actually
    If you think suffering is good, then to me, it is difficult to see how you could consider anything bad.

I don't think I could ever trust a person who thinks that suffering is good and who not only does not have their own self-preservation at heart but does not have the self-preservation of others at heart either.

I'd prefer to learn without suffering, personally.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leckysupport View Post
    Scientific evidenced based reasoning is insufficient when dealing with anything which isn't strictly science.

Is pragmatic action in complex environments simply just superstition? Since one can't sensibly get all the data necessary to make decision before it has to be made.
    If action isn't based on evidence, I don't see how it can be pragmatic. You could be doing more harm than good.

I'm not sure what you mean by "complex environments". Religion is superstition because it involves belief in something which has properties that cannot be observed.

It's one thing to act in relation to something that can be observed, and quite another thing to act in relation to something which doesn't have any property that can be observed. But in both cases, it is possible to act without evidence.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DrDonkeyBallz View Post
    Religion is a system of beliefs.

Church is simply a medium for religion. Like people gathering at 16-types forum to talk about socionics.

Like politics, you will have a spectrum of "liberal" and "conservative" ideologies.

The former will put more emphasis on love and forgiveness, the latter will focus more on judgement and morality.

The bible teaches both, as they are two sides of the same coin;

You can't fully understand light without understanding darkness,

You can't understand God's love without understanding his judgement and wrath.

The point of Christianity/Salvation is not about being morally perfect, because Jesus already fulfilled that. Rather, it is knowing this and being transformed inside out. Lifestyle/outside actions are simply a byproduct of that transformation, not necessarily the thing that saves you.

It's like striving to be a physically healthy person; some outside indicators may manifest as eating healthy, going to the gym, being disciplined, etc.

Same thing applies to the spiritual health.

You don't agree with the lifestyle of a meth-user. But because you love that person you tell him to stop
    If Jesus saved everyone from sin, why do people in the New Testament get thrown into the fire of Hell?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

In an ideal world the "corrupted stock" would repent and realize their ultimate role in God's plan. Again, I chose/see Saint Augustine as my Patron for many a darn good reason.

The man sinned, hard and unrepentantly, right up until he stopped doing that and repented. I mean listen to the arrogance of this mofo: "Lord give me chastity, but not yet" is his most famous quote. He sinned unrepentantly right up until he did not, became a monk, and survived the fall of Rome because the friggin' Vandals respected the kind of man/believer he became. Literal Vandals decided to not chuck rocks at, pillage, or firebomb what amounted to his private library/abode/village out of respect.

Parse that shit through your downright mistaken perception of Christ and those who follow him.
    Why do people need to repent if they have been saved from their alleged sins?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Sadly you have fallen to demonic logic. This can be but a temporary thing for you hopefully. As I've pointed out time and again many a true saint started and indeed lived most of their lives as beings seeming bound for deepest depths of hell. Yet either upon their death beds or by some strange twist of fate they became the greatest exemplars of the faith. Easiest case in point? Saint Paul. The most zealous, ardent, and downright effective persecutor of Christains became such a great evangelist that none have matched his work in that field since.

:
    The truth has no need to appeal to those who belong to the world. Either they see the truth and accept it, or they do not. Fun anecdote: The band "Stryper" got its name from a rather forced acronym. Mr. Sweet, however, had the right idea. You can either accept it or reject it. Those who accept will be saved. Those who reject will not by their own choice. I am quite thankful that I find the latter option literally and utterly incomprehensible...
    People do not choose what they believe.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

If you think suffering is good, then to me, it is difficult to see how you could consider anything bad.

I don't think I could ever trust a person who thinks that suffering is good and who not only does not have their own self-preservation at heart but does not have the self-preservation of others at heart either.

I'd prefer to learn without suffering, personally.
    Seeing the good reasons for the suffering you have endured and not having self-preservation at heart are incompatible. If you encountered suffering because of low self-preservation repeatedly, you obviously hadn't been learning anything, therefore there was no growth, and little to appreciate.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Seeing the good reasons for the suffering you have endured and not having self-preservation at heart are incompatible. If you encountered suffering because of low self-preservation repeatedly, you obviously hadn't been learning anything, therefore there was no growth, and little to appreciate.
    In my view, if suffering, pain etc. has a purpose, it is to encourage you to take steps to prevent the things causing the suffering/pain. The suffering itself is not good - it is only because there are other things that are sometimes worse that it has utility. Hence why I say "Christianity is a slave cult devoted to a selfish being who is capable of preventing suffering but chooses not to."

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Jesus saved everyone from sin, why do people in the New Testament get thrown into the fire of Hell?
    Why do you pretend like you don't know the answer and instead use it as bait like an asshole
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 02-17-2021 at 10:57 PM.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Why do you pretend like you don't know the answer and instead use it as bait like an asshole
    I'm genuinely confused. You said that Jesus had already saved everyone.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

yea when people think of "worshipping" they automatically associate that with "religion" and "worshipping some God," but I think that's a superficial way of looking at things.

I think at the end of the day we all worship something (either knowingly or unknowingly); some non-religious philosophy we adhere to, superficial things like money, hedonism, etc
    I worship hedonism because I want to maximise pleasure. To me, that is far less superficial that worshipping something that is immaterial and seeing suffering as desirable or as the way things are.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm genuinely confused. You said that Jesus had already saved everyone.
    ur masquerading urself as a fake crusade when we all know that ur actually an intolerant, intellectually dishonest know-it-all underneath
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 02-17-2021 at 10:41 PM.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    I know know religious and nonreligious in every quadra so it seems about evenly distributed to me.
    In terms of type, some types were created more dispositioned to be flame fodder:

https://www.16personalities.com/arti...rsonality-type

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

ur masquerading urself as a fake crusade when we all know that ur actually an intolerant know-it-all underneath

Intolerant of something I don't believe exists? Or intolerant of ideologies that intend to punish me for not believing their ideology is true?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intolerant of something I don't believe exists? Or intolerant of ideologies that intend to punish me for not believing their ideology is true?
    ur fake questioning is cringe

and im honestly getting damn sick of ur dishonest-know-it-all attitude wanking off to your Te bullshit

If u wanna keep being an intolerant asshole to me + other believers, FUCKOFF
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 02-17-2021 at 11:04 PM.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

ur fake questioning is cringe

Im getting so damn sick of your know-it-all attitude wanking off to your Te bullshit

If u wanna keep being an intolerant asshole to me + other believers, FUCKOFF
    Discussing the religion you follow isn't being intolerant of you and other believers.

Telling other people to FUCKOFF for discussing the religion you follow however does strike me as being intolerant.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discussing the religion you follow isn't being intolerant of you and other believers.

Telling other people to FUCKOFF for discussing the religion you follow however does strike me as being intolerant.

u are a failure and a disappointment. u are a loser. u probably wear crocs. u are also a coward, an absolute embarrassment and just a parasite to those with different beliefs. a deluded dirty car salesman with a frail ego really. i've exposed u and i hope people recognize these scumbag tactics that this forum full of narcs use.

from this moment on, anything you say is just garbage to me. everyone you pollute in ur alternative world will realize the garbage u are and leave u in the trash bin like a prom dumpster baby.

that or u get chained to a rock and vultures eat ur liver.
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 02-18-2021 at 12:07 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast