Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Andy Biersack

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"his career choice depended on the advice of others" - weak Se and Te-Seeking

honestly, with the descriptions of him and watching his interviews again he does remind me of me lol

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tempest View Post
    "his career choice depended on the advice of others" - weak Se and Te-Seeking

honestly, with the descriptions of him and watching his interviews again he does remind me of me lol
    Yes, and it's the exact opposite to what a SLE would do. The latter would even dictate that very career to others who are unsure.

In what aspects do you resemble him?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Yes, and it's the exact opposite to what a SLE would do. The latter would even dictate that very career to others who are unsure.

In what aspects do you resemble him?
    The career thing. Going my own way and staying close to my friends vs. wanting to fit in with the crowd. I was also bullied throughout elementary-second year of high school because I 'appeared weak' so it was sort of easy for people to do it. (I'm over it, it's been a few years so don't feel bad lol) I'm actually good friends with them now.

I agree with his whole stance about doing a side-project in order to keep the integrity of the band. I felt like that would be the same reason why I would do something like that, if I were in his position.

And I act a lot like him, as far as mannerisms and the deep voice lol. I think that might be why people think he's Se-Valuing. I'm 4w5 sx/so though.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He could possibly be an IEI, but he's just so "boring" and expressionless in a typical EII way. His voice is really monotonous and droning. ESI also seems possible, he seems too weak in Se.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Do you really think that Scott Weiland is an EII? He acts like a stereotypical EIE, performing as a dictator in a super dramatic way, and he seems to love doing it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    He could possibly be an IEI, but he's just so "boring" and expressionless in a typical EII way. His voice is really monotonous and droning. ESI also seems possible, he seems too weak in Se.

Do you really think that Scott Weiland is an EII? He acts like a stereotypical EIE, performing as a dictator in a super dramatic way, and he seems to love doing it.

did you watch the interview?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Cue - @Cassandra you haven't said anything about him, join our party. You're oddly silent, what's going on I know you already have a complete typing with enneagram and instincts up your sleeve, with all the details
    I haven't said anything, because I think he's just another ESI Type 4...
    And people accuse me of typing everyone as ESI, so I told myself unless someone asks me for my typing of an ESI, I won't mention it.

The video of him drawing and talking about archetypes showcased his Ni HA well, his referral to statistics hinted at his Te valuing, etc.

What some people see in him as being like an SLE is his Creative Se. ESI and SLE have got the same kind of Se, -Se.
    He likely has got 8 in his tritype, which can also make him seem similar to an SLE.

What makes people think he could be INFx is his Type 4-ness, essentially.

All in all, I haven't looked too much into his personality and background (yet?),
    but so far it seems to me he is an ESI, Type 4 or Type 6, SX first (likely Sx/So), 468 (or 469) tritype.

In that manner, he'd be similar to Marilyn Manson, imo.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy is like the stereotype of a IEI-Fe E 4 ?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Cassandra I think you're fading away into the Enneagram and losing sight of Socionics lol. It doesn't make anyone 'seem' like NFs, unless you're looking at information and skewing it in your favor. It's clear this guy values, and is Ne-Ego. Ne-Ignoring also does not look like what he has done. Think Kurt Cobain, Alanis Morissette, Kate Bush, or Marilyn Manson. Ni-Leading ignores Ne in favor of the dream or vision they are pursuing, cutting out all unneeded ideas until they are finished with their vision. Side projects just wouldn't be common with Strong Ni-Valuing. Ne-Vulnerable doesn't make sense with all of his ideas he has come up with for his music. There IS such a thing as Ni-Demonstrative that does come out sporadically and I believe you are mistaking it for Ni-HA.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I still kind of think he's EII. Theoretically, if he's EXI then Fi lead should be pretty obvious. He really doesn't have any Se. He hardly ever moves, just stays in 1 spot most of the time.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly Why not stir it even more while we're at it. Here's the TMZ (oh man) footage of their abuse scenario (following a miscarriage of hers) in which his drunk wife was observed punching him first and then pretending it was defense. And the last part got filmed:

She just went all out cursing and screaming for everybody to hear (even called her dad to mobilize yet another person, harmed herself to look like she was the victim, went against onlookers, ... I'm sure of 4D for her) while he did zero.

Witness account to clarify:

Damn, this is some Naomi level shit she's got going on Her self victimization stunt and tantrum antics strongly remind me of Li-Lo, so SEE is a strong possibility.

"I did nothing wrong here!"
    "My ribs being broken"
    "I heard Andy screaming really loud Aw!Aw!"
    "She felt she was in airplane full of Trump supporters" > I can relate to this, at least.
    "I saw blood dripping down her face"
    "The handcuffs were like a rod, she was banging them across her face"
    "I'm the only celebrity in this plane!"

Man this is sad, but also funny as hell She couldn't be more aggro, and he couldn't be more passive.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    This guy is like the stereotype of a IEI-Fe E 4 ?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, I still kind of think he's EII. Theoretically, if he's EXI then Fi lead should be pretty obvious. He really doesn't have any Se. He hardly ever moves, just stays in 1 spot most of the time.
    I noticed that as well when he talks. Even his performances aren't actively trying to energize and move others or himself ( and as practised in Beta). He doesn't try to exude much, so to say, occupied with himself or establishing bonds to the people right and left. The crowd is really meh and won't sing along, you can see he doesn't have the effect of a ego type. The songs could be pretty much hymns if you had a Freddie Mercury sing them with his bombastic energy and dramatic antics like...

But Andy makes it seem flat; his music is probably good to enjoy in a more intimate Gamma or Delta setting than a gathering like this, it seems out of place. Get him an acoustic guitar and a dark living room with 10 people and skull candles - that would really fit.

This video also manifested that he's a 4w3 - self-absorbed while image-conscious, look at him try to fix his outfit countless times. His motivation is doing it for self-expression and attention. It's self-broadcast.
    Last edited by Chae; 03-13-2017 at 02:51 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    Damn, this is some Naomi level shit she's got going on Her self victimization stunt and tantrum antics strongly remind me of Li-Lo, so SEE is a strong possibility.

"I did nothing wrong here!"
    "My ribs being broken"
    "I heard Andy screaming really loud Aw!Aw!"
    "She felt she was in airplane full of Trump supporters" > I can relate to this, at least.
    "I saw blood dripping down her face"
    "The handcuffs were like a rod, she was banging them across her face"
    "I'm the only celebrity in this plane!"

Man this is sad, but also funny as hell She couldn't be more aggro, and he couldn't be more passive.

Yes, she used the entire repertoire of to get what she wanted.
    Every method would serve the purpose - that's irrationality, she can't be a rational type. Blatantly SeFi just like Li-Lo, perfect comparison o.O But because Andy is not ILI - who would take the blame and wait it out while rationalizing her out of it - it backfired. I guess it's because he got his fans' back, strengthened by his Fi.

What do you think her enneagram type could be? I think assertive. I would exclude 8 since her anger really wasn't boiling ("Don't even, Andy" is kinda weak in terms of wrath, way to go, she could be more aggro imo), 7 because she harmed herself (no 7 would be that masochistic), leaves us with 3. Probably why she said the celebrity thing and made her tantrum visible for everybody. 4-wing because she indulges in blame, I think her miscarriage was the trigger for this mechanism - she got drunk and the unhealthy 3's ugly shadow self came out to preserve her agenda.

Matches up with his e4-ness: sulking, saving his image ("this is ridiculous"), as equally masochistic as her, if not more. I think he looks for his savior as many 4s do, that's why he ended up with a SEE who would turn against him in her warrior-ness. Socionics-wise, that's how supervision looks like.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, she used the entire repertoire of to get what she wanted.
    Every method would serve the purpose - that's irrationality, she can't be a rational type. Blatantly SeFi just like Li-Lo, perfect comparison o.O But because Andy is not ILI - who would take the blame and wait it out while rationalizing her out of it - it backfired. I guess it's because he got his fans' back, strengthened by his Fi.

What do you think her enneagram type could be? I think assertive. I would exclude 8 since her anger really wasn't boiling ("Don't even, Andy" is kinda weak in terms of wrath, way to go, she could be more aggro imo), 7 because she harmed herself (no 7 would be that masochistic), leaves us with 3. Probably why she said the celebrity thing and made her tantrum visible for everybody. 4-wing because she indulges in blame, I think her miscarriage was the trigger for this mechanism - she got drunk and the unhealthy 3's ugly shadow self came out to preserve her agenda.

Matches up with his e4-ness: sulking, saving his image ("this is ridiculous"), as equally masochistic as her, if not more. I think he looks for his savior as many 4s do, that's why he ended up with a SEE who would turn against him in her warrior-ness. Socionics-wise, that's how supervision looks like.
    Her anger was very infantile indeed, so no 8. She kept on pushing the same argument over and over even though it wasn't having the desired effect, so no 7. I'm not familiar with her, but this whole charade is texbook toxic 3w4 i.e. TSwift always resorts to that, it just doesn't involve physicality (yet). Like with Kanye and Harris, she'd do shit and regret it, then turn around and lay the blame on them, ask for backup from her squad and bask in the forever-victim image she built up. Ariana too, with the whole treating her fans like shit scandal, she then made up a really flimsy excuse which basically try to make them the assholes.

Are they still together?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Her anger was very infantile indeed, so no 8. She kept on pushing the same argument over and over even though it wasn't having the desired effect, so no 7. I'm not familiar with her, but this whole charade is texbook toxic 3w4 i.e. TSwift always resorts to that, it just doesn't involve physicality (yet). Like with Kanye and Harris, she'd do shit and regret it, then turn around and lay the blame on them, ask for backup from her squad and bask in the forever-victim image she built up. Ariana too, with the whole treating her fans like shit scandal, she then made up a really flimsy excuse which basically try to make them the assholes.

Are they still together?
    On point. An 8 would stay persistent because they want their stuff under control - until they burst and try to obliterate everything in retaliation, and that is final - they wouldn't be together anymore. But they are! Trying to make it seem all rosy in the media recently. They're both victims like this. Mhm, she lacks the 7ish wit, too. I dig the reference to Swift and Kanye, infantile anger without an actual point and the ability to shoulder complete responsibility for wrong-doing to look good yourself. I know it from my own type, 3w4s can achieve the exact opposite of what they try to do there. I didn't know this about Ariana, what was going on? I thought about Juliet's tritype... 369 might be it.

Their instagram apologies seemed interesting to me, type-wise and how much they match up tragically. Very ethical messages imo:

You may have read online that my wife and I had a scary & traumatic experience on our return flight from TN this weekend. We are currently home and safe and trying to emotionally recover from all of this.The unfortunate event itself compounded with online stories & videos show an isolated but difficult moment for my wife & I encourage you to read her statement on her IG @thejulietsimms regarding the situation as I feel it is best that any information comes from her directly. Many of you know that I recently decided to live entirely sober. In the past I struggled with the concept of alcohol and my own personal demons and so a year ago I decided it was time to move on from it & start down the path to sobriety. I believe alcohol is one of the most poisonous & volatile substances we as a society have at our disposal & that it can truly hurt & affect people in the most negative way. My wife no longer drinks but due in large part to a myriad of recent upsets including some tragic family news she became intoxicated during the flight and was left confused, blacked out & disoriented. She said things that are not true and are in no way her or a part of her character and despite rumors or conjecture I will definitively state that we have a happy and harmonious marriage. It is my duty as her husband to make sure everyone is aware of how much I love her, how kind and strong she is and her resolve to learn from this & for both of us to move forward as a healthy, loving family. Thank you to every one of you who have stood by our side in this time of pain and we vow to continue to be there for anyone who needs it. Remember that no one is perfect, we all fall down sometimes. What matters is that we get back up stronger. Lastly, we're sorry that this was brought to your attention and if it in any way pulled you from real issues in the world, your family etc. I think we can all agree our time is better spent trying to help one another rather than tear each other down for moments of weakness or mistakes. Please remember that the greatest way we can see one another for what we truly are is with kindness, empathy & compassion. Everything else will only block the light of humanity.

Spending my teenage years touring & recording away from home from age 17, I learned a LOT more about the world than a young girl should.Many of U do not know much about my career pre The Voice or ever meeting my beloved husband, Andy. I mention this now as a caution to the young, talented ppl out there who think they are immune to the effects of drugs/alcohol.To some young people drinking is funny, no big deal or regarded as cool.But alcohol is potentially life ruining, and can even be deadly if you drink too much, drink on an empty stomach or at high altitudes like I did.Girls, the smaller you are the faster the effect.That's why I rarely drink, I cannot handle it, and when I do, I turn into someone I am not.This may not be true for everyone but it is for me and for many of my peers in the music industry who have bravely and completely quit after years of struggle.So, I apologize to my husband for what I did and said and for upsetting anyone who was caught up in this.Those of you very loving and caring fans,we thank you for all of your loyal support and kindness.We really love you and appreciate you sticking your necks out for us even on a bad day.There's so much to this story and so much history involved it's not easily understood,unless you were us. I really did not intend for our misfortune on the baby making subject to be aired in the way it was, but we are young and healthy, and are told this happens so are happily looking forward to the future with children.I do ask for people not to fill in the holes when they hear partial stories, so want to own up to the fact that I've got demons I face time to time and it's something Im quiet about because I've always wanted to be strong for the people in my life and the people I set an example for. I truly regret my weakness and letting it get the best of me for the world 2 see. I am human but this was a poor display of who I truly am, my heart and what I have to offer. Falling down does not define me, it's how I stand back up. I vow to move forward in a happy/healthy way and learn from this.From the very bottom of my heart, I am sorry. Spending Halloween with my loving husband and our animals. Love you all😔💔

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Biersack
    She said things that are not true and are in no way her or a part of her character and despite rumors or conjecture I will definitively state that we have a happy and harmonious marriage. It is my duty as her husband to make sure everyone is aware of how much I love her, how kind and strong she is and her resolve to learn from this & for both of us to move forward as a healthy, loving family.
    This kind of sounds like Fi, and yeah he's definitely an NF...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Biersack
    I think we can all agree our time is better spent trying to help one another rather than tear each other down for moments of weakness or mistakes. Please remember that the greatest way we can see one another for what we truly are is with kindness, empathy & compassion. Everything else will only block the light of humanity.
    Juliet pretty much sounds like an SEE.

Andy Biersack really reminds me of my EII brother... in terms of his mannerisms, and how he tries to appear "cool" and composed, but still comes off looking fairly weak like a wilted flower. And how they both seem to have an interest in metal/growling kind of music... And how they're really obsessed with their looks and appearances. It's just that EIIs and IEIs can look very similar from a distance, superficially.
    Last edited by Singu; 03-13-2017 at 03:46 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    In 13:10 Onision talks about Andy not liking him despite Onisions "obsession" because he thinks that Andy views him as not politically correct enough, and that Andy worries too much about political correctness. He also says that Andy has great philosophies on life and is a better person than him (I'm guessing ethics wise?), and that he's only even "obsessed" with Andy for superficial reasons because he finds him physically attractive.

Yes, this is an ethical topic. Their standards of "kindness" differ, in ways of treatment. Logics would stick to conventional ideas of friendship but both have a very differenciated vision: Andy takes Onision as only half a friend, Onision deems himself inferior all while trying to stay authentic to his values, even if they consider only the surface.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On point. An 8 would stay persistent because they want their stuff under control - until they burst and try to obliterate everything in retaliation, and that is final - they wouldn't be together anymore. But they are! Trying to make it seem all rosy in the media recently. They're both victims like this. Mhm, she lacks the 7ish wit, too. I dig the reference to Swift and Kanye, infantile anger without an actual point and the ability to shoulder complete responsibility for wrong-doing to look good yourself. I know it from my own type, 3w4s can achieve the exact opposite of what they try to do there. I didn't know this about Ariana, what was going on? I thought about Juliet's tritype... 369 might be it.
    Ariana has a history of doing a 180º in regards to her attitude to fans and press since her Victorious days. Since hitting it big with The Way there are multiple photo/video evidence and witnesses of behaviour like:

-Announcing schedules so fans could attend to support her (and be papped to make her look like a huge star), and then either turning up hours later and ignoring them or not even attend at all;
    -Blatantly ignore fans who waited to see her outside hotels/buildings on usual days, but then stop to take sweet selfies whenever an attitude scandal turned up in the media;
    -These posts come right from the horse's mouth, the worst meet and greet ever

What's funny it's that everybody in the industry knows how she is, and TSwit totally snubbed her and her brother.

Alexander DeLeon even tweeted about her in 2011:

"hope none of my fans ever have the displeasure of meeting @ArianaGrande. most stuck up, disrespectful person I've ever met in this industry."

That was around the time that video of her asking a homeless black man to promise her not to buy weed with the $20 she gave him was going around. She already kind of had a bad rep after the Victorious cast outed her, and then all those journalists started sharing their nightmarish experiences shooting her too. So you see apart from her fanbase, she's not very popular.

Their instagram apologies seemed interesting to me, type-wise and how much they match up tragically. Very ethical messages imo:

You may have read online that my wife and I had a scary & traumatic experience on our return flight from TN this weekend. We are currently home and safe and trying to emotionally recover from all of this.The unfortunate event itself compounded with online stories & videos show an isolated but difficult moment for my wife & I encourage you to read her statement on her IG @thejulietsimms regarding the situation as I feel it is best that any information comes from her directly. Many of you know that I recently decided to live entirely sober. In the past I struggled with the concept of alcohol and my own personal demons and so a year ago I decided it was time to move on from it & start down the path to sobriety. I believe alcohol is one of the most poisonous & volatile substances we as a society have at our disposal & that it can truly hurt & affect people in the most negative way. My wife no longer drinks but due in large part to a myriad of recent upsets including some tragic family news she became intoxicated during the flight and was left confused, blacked out & disoriented. She said things that are not true and are in no way her or a part of her character and despite rumors or conjecture I will definitively state that we have a happy and harmonious marriage. It is my duty as her husband to make sure everyone is aware of how much I love her, how kind and strong she is and her resolve to learn from this & for both of us to move forward as a healthy, loving family. Thank you to every one of you who have stood by our side in this time of pain and we vow to continue to be there for anyone who needs it. Remember that no one is perfect, we all fall down sometimes. What matters is that we get back up stronger. Lastly, we're sorry that this was brought to your attention and if it in any way pulled you from real issues in the world, your family etc. I think we can all agree our time is better spent trying to help one another rather than tear each other down for moments of weakness or mistakes. Please remember that the greatest way we can see one another for what we truly are is with kindness, empathy & compassion. Everything else will only block the light of humanity.

Spending my teenage years touring & recording away from home from age 17, I learned a LOT more about the world than a young girl should.Many of U do not know much about my career pre The Voice or ever meeting my beloved husband, Andy. I mention this now as a caution to the young, talented ppl out there who think they are immune to the effects of drugs/alcohol.To some young people drinking is funny, no big deal or regarded as cool.But alcohol is potentially life ruining, and can even be deadly if you drink too much, drink on an empty stomach or at high altitudes like I did.Girls, the smaller you are the faster the effect.That's why I rarely drink, I cannot handle it, and when I do, I turn into someone I am not.This may not be true for everyone but it is for me and for many of my peers in the music industry who have bravely and completely quit after years of struggle.So, I apologize to my husband for what I did and said and for upsetting anyone who was caught up in this.Those of you very loving and caring fans,we thank you for all of your loyal support and kindness.We really love you and appreciate you sticking your necks out for us even on a bad day.There's so much to this story and so much history involved it's not easily understood,unless you were us. I really did not intend for our misfortune on the baby making subject to be aired in the way it was, but we are young and healthy, and are told this happens so are happily looking forward to the future with children.I do ask for people not to fill in the holes when they hear partial stories, so want to own up to the fact that I've got demons I face time to time and it's something Im quiet about because I've always wanted to be strong for the people in my life and the people I set an example for. I truly regret my weakness and letting it get the best of me for the world 2 see. I am human but this was a poor display of who I truly am, my heart and what I have to offer. Falling down does not define me, it's how I stand back up. I vow to move forward in a happy/healthy way and learn from this.From the very bottom of my heart, I am sorry. Spending Halloween with my loving husband and our animals. Love you all
    That's not gonna end up well.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I pretty much think that he's an EII now, and that writing has solidified my opinion.

It just goes to show that not all dramatic/aggressive stuff are automatically Beta NF, Delta NFs can be like that too. And male EIIs can try to come across as being more aggressive, and perhaps in some ways they actually are more aggressive. Not all EIIs necessarily come across like uh... an inoffensive preacher or a boyscout leader something. They can be rude, they can swear a lot, they can come across as somewhat aggressive.

So Andy Biersack might actually be a good example of a male EII.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sometimes will take so long to post my answers I end up missing other people's replies. Good thing I came to check this out again (damn soft pretty boys), otherwise I'd miss good points.

EII or even IEI works. The fact that I find him so boring makes me assume EII over IEI (superficial, I know).

In 13:10 Onision talks about Andy not liking him despite Onisions "obsession" because he thinks that Andy views him as not politically correct enough, and that Andy worries too much about political correctness. He also says that Andy has great philosophies on life and is a better person than him (I'm guessing ethics wise?), and that they are not compatible because Andy is superior to him in that sense. Onision also says that he's only even "obsessed" with Andy for superficial reasons because he finds him physically attractive.

I could see an EII being described this way, tbh. It sounds like Onision is describing the feeling of Fi judgement from Andy.
    It's interesting you'd mention Onision, because he was precisely the person that came to mind when I saw IEI being argued as Andy's type. I've never seen this video because I only watch his "official" videos on his two channels, but all the while I couldn't stop thinking how contrastating their types are, both in expression and the ethical side.

Yes, this is an ethical topic. Their standards of "kindness" differ, in ways of treatment. Logics would stick to conventional ideas of friendship but both have a very differenciated vision: Andy takes Onision as only half a friend, Onision deems himself inferior all while trying to stay authentic to his values, even if they consider only the surface.
    Please explain what this would entail. What are the "standards of friendship"?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well I pretty much think that he's an EII now, and that writing has solidified my opinion.

It just goes to show that not all dramatic/aggressive stuff are automatically Beta NF, Delta NFs can be like that too. And male EIIs can try to come across as being more aggressive, and perhaps in some ways they actually are more aggressive. Not all EIIs necessarily come across like uh... an inoffensive preacher or a boyscout leader something. They can be rude, they can swear a lot, they can come across as somewhat aggressive.

So Andy Biersack might actually be a good example of a male EII.
    Yes, let's debunk this misconception. I think the sharp looks + deep growling voice + talks a lot + wears scary make-up and screams in his music combination can distract quite a lot from the actual TIM due to the Delta = super fluffy angels assumption. And, that Fi egos can't have a thing for very dark show antics.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Please explain what this would entail. What are the "standards of friendship"?
    Excellent question. So, logical types feel their weakness in the interpersonal realm and adapt to what is commonly accepted. They may even occupy themselves with research about interpersonal laws and common sense, Ti and Te, to fit what is accepted into their ego functions. Ethical types go beyond this as they understand motivation and behavior more accurately without sticking to the standard regulations: for instance, one does not slander, you stay in touch, you support each other. Ethical types are the ones busy trying to make up for their lack in logics, researching about how the immaterial side of life works. Take me at 4 am, I am still busy reading science theory articles on the internet trying to make sense of the world (Te HA).

Logics --> what is not animate aka things: is curious but also helpless concerning humanitarian assets / Ethics --> what is animate aka humans, animals: is curious but also helpless concerning material assets. In that way, a logical Andy would not even try to "correct" what Onision does because the standard you are asking about is well, material, not focused on the interpersonal. He'd share the video for it's sake, for instance, not seeing its offense but maybe economic value. But as Andy is ethical, his standard of friendship is much more intricate: one is politically correct towards Black Veil Brides fans, does not bash people close to oneself like Onision does, refrains to make sexual advances on camera knowing Andy would be very uncomfortable with it.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tbh, I do think that a lot of sx firsts end up getting typed as beta because of the "intensity" they exude (which probably explains the beta suggestions in this thread). I remember @Galen saying that it was common for sx firsts to have furrowed eyebrobrow's and intense eyes, which I see clearly in Andy.
    Yep! I have them as well, apparently I V.I. as SEE in the member picture thead
    SX is also related to aggression. It's fairly different from Se in socionics, SX is intent of merging while Se perceives, navigates, alters territory. The mere glance itself tells nothing when we talk SX/Se but how it moves imo

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SX is also related to aggression. It's fairly different from Se in socionics, SX is intent of merging while Se perceives, navigates, alters territory. The mere glance itself tells nothing when we talk SX/Se but how it moves imo
    That's really true, @Chae. Judging by your pictures alone, I'd have said you were an Se-dom and possibly Gamma.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent question. So, logical types feel their weakness in the interpersonal realm and adapt to what is commonly accepted. They may even occupy themselves with research about interpersonal laws and common sense, Ti and Te, to fit what is accepted into their ego functions. Ethical types go beyond this as they understand motivation and behavior more accurately without sticking to the standard regulations: for instance, one does not slander, you stay in touch, you support each other. Ethical types are the ones busy trying to make up for their lack in logics, researching about how the immaterial side of life works. Take me at 4 am, I am still busy reading science theory articles on the internet trying to make sense of the world (Te HA).

Logics --> what is not animate aka things: is curious but also helpless concerning humanitarian assets / Ethics --> what is animate aka humans, animals: is curious but also helpless concerning material assets. In that way, a logical Andy would not even try to "correct" what Onision does because the standard you are asking about is well, material, not focused on the interpersonal. He'd share the video for it's sake, for instance, not seeing its offense but maybe economic value. But as Andy is ethical, his standard of friendship is much more intricate: one is politically correct towards Black Veil Brides fans, does not bash people close to oneself like Onision does, refrains to make sexual advances on camera knowing Andy would be very uncomfortable with it.
    Completely disagree with this notion. This is a huge issue I have with Socionics and judging by everything I've been reading on the forum, I'm not the only one: the idea that people are utterly helpless at and incapable of understanding their weak functions. Not being a natural at something or being bad at it does not mean you have no notion of what that is or how it works. It just means that will probably never be one of your strengths, and you might always need a helping hand at navigating that area.

But many people absolutely exaggerate the PoLR thing to mean people are actually handicapped in that area, or clueless like little children, when that's often not the case. Especially if the person at some point realizes they need to work on their issues and consciously tries to improve and stay alert. Like I sucked big time at Math in school (I got D's all the time) and while it never became easy, after much studying I was able to become average at it.

And using the examples you gave in the bolded parts, that's all stuff that it's natural to me and I'm most definitely not an Ethical type. It's a question first of common decency and character, and also of how one has been raised. I might not have the same standards in relationships others have (mine are insanely high actually), but all the things you've cited are basic manners and also quite logical to me. You can't expect to receive what you can't give, so if you want to be well treated and supported you're going to do the same. It's also a matter of intelligence, if you have it you'll sooner or later learn how to behave in society by observation of cause and effect of your behavior, I don't think you need to study how to live in society as if you're an alien.

By the way I agree 100% with Andy in terms of how to not proceed with people, while agreeing 100% with Onision's sentiments. And they're Ethical, and I'm Logical.

I V.I. SEE too, it freaked me out I bit when I started seeing celebrity typings accompanied by gifs or pics, because I most certainly have the SEE "smik", the wide teeth smile and flirty winks.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To better illustrate my point, taken from WikiSocion's "SLE Observations":

Fi – well, why can't I be good for everyone?It is precisely because the SLE is not very discerning with people that he/she finds it quite difficult to find an approach to each person. Thus he tries to keep friendly to all, to seem agreeable and easy-going, to not impose his company on anyone, to positively predispose others towards his person, and to provide maximum freedom for other people in order to see what they stand for and represent.
    The SLE carefully "picks out" his/her own people from the "others". For someone to become his or her "own" it takes some time. A single mistake can throw you back to the starting point.
    Doesn't always realize that a smile on someone's face and good manners are not necessarily a measure of this person's good disposition and sincerity. Some people smile just "because". SLE hates this type of ambiguity. He doesn't have the resources to track all of the signals of this type. Thus he/she is easily led on by ethical games – SLE's consideration can be won simply by good treatment; he won't immediately recognize a trap. But once he sees it, he won't give the person a second chance. The SLE can be led on and manipulated by good attitude for a long time, but not forever. If he catches you on a lie, sees that behind your smile hides something else besides kindness, then he/she will stop trusting you out of principle, and then smile however much you wish. But to demonstrations of good attitude he will usually react positively, even if it's coming from a person whom he/she doesn't like and doesn't trust.
    In general, the SLE doesn't know how to keep distance in communication (distance in ethical sense). Thus, he/she feels worried and anxious about it. If a person tries to intrude on his territory and at the same time behaves in a very friendly way, for the SLE it will be difficult to rebuff them. It feels awkward and somehow uncomfortable to offend a good person … The SLE knows how to distance only in physical sense – to move, change place of work, to not pick up the phone, not open the door, cut off communication, not say anything, not allow someone to enter into his life.
    Similarly, the SLE hates ethical pressuring before which he/she is practically helpless. Dislikes this vulnerability in him/herself. Tries to somehow shield and limit himself from such people and situations. The base function comes to the rescue here and enables the SLE to increase the spatial (physical) distance.
    Has difficulty showing his attitude and relation to other people – can give gifts, come over to visit and bring presents, but will do this with some unease, feeling some anxiety concerning being too bothersome or intrusive or boring, thinking that perhaps he was invited only out of politeness. Thankful to those who actively demonstrate their own disposition towards him and show it clearly, so that there is no need to interpret double-signals. If he feels negatively towards someone, hides it, not knowing how to correctly express his attitude - fears that he might be too rude and offensive. Will instead hide, avoid, ignore, talk in cold and indifferent tone, reduce all contact to a minimum, try not to take anything of theirs to not feel himself obliged in any way.
    Any breakup for the SLE is usually very painful and often unexpected – he/she in general cannot keep track of any deep ethical developments and progressions. If any complex ethical situation arises at work – this is already sufficient reasons to think (read: obsess and worry over) "did I act/behave myself in the correct fashion towards my co-workers?" In some cases the SLE won't take sides but still he/she will ponder on the situation over for a long time. Just as well reflect on it if he/she expected one thing from a person but that person acted completely differently.
    Tries to understand other people – what moves them, what are the motives for their actions, and to some extent makes progress with this. Tries not to give any advice, especially if he/she wasn't asked. In general, holds back from making appraisals of personal qualities of people and tries not to judge, although doesn't always succeed in this. Tries not to get personal, and doesn't tolerate this in relation to himself, especially from people who are little familiar to him. However, likes listening to people-related information preferably from someone who is well discerning in this: who lives where, how they live, who such-and-such person is, and so on.
    Speaks calmly, with sense of appropriateness, and on friendly terms. Tries to positively predispose people towards him/herself. Watches that he doesn't offend anyone inadvertently. Practices tolerance, especially if the person is dear to him. Tries to be good towards everyone and doesn't understand why others don't always appreciate this – after all, this is so important for him!

I can relate to the bolded but that's all. I believe personal history comes to play a big factor in this area, I know in my case it did.

Things that really struck a cord in the Fi PoLR Misunderstood thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    ESTjs don't have as a PoLR though, so there is a difference.

One thing I'd like to clear up: the thing about "not giving a shit" isn't quite as harsh as i may have made it sound like. My rough translation of that would be that I sort of care at the moment, but once it's done, it's done, and I don't really think about it again. I am actually not incapable of feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Actually types might be inclined to say that, yes, this shows that you are incapable of true feelings.

I think your contribution in this thread to describing the PoLR has been awesome. Especially since many still think that is only about ethical principles. Hats off to you.
    I wish Expat was still around, she was awesome and always set the record straight

Thanks! Contrary to popular belief, whether you have strong or not doesn't really make a difference on what morals you have, how many you have, and whether you do something about them or not. For example, all people have SOME kind of ethical principals. However a person chooses to behave is a definate part of their morals and ethical principals. For example, if I choose to talk a lot in school, that is part of my ethical principals saying that it's okay for me to talk a lot in school. Same goes for someone who chooses to remain quiet. Another example would be if you deem it inapropriate to jump up on the table at a fancy dinner party and strip and shake your ass around, this is also one of your ethical principals. If you think that it's not good to post gay porn on a Socionics forum, that's also your morals speaking. The difference however, is that often times, types are better at determining what the majority of a group, society or institution's ethical principals are. Because of this, they are often more skilled at choosing how to act, according to what everyone's unspoken principals are given the situation. People with a weaker tend to have more trouble doing this, and thus it takes them much more effort in order to determine how it is acceptable to behave in certain situations. For me, the difficulty for me to connect with people causes me to not understand what their principals are, and therefore, have a tougher time figuring these things out. This doesn't make it impossible, though! Make use of a little , , or some other function in order to figure these things out, and everything fits together in social situations.
    That's what I was trying to say before.

Also this post is 100% SLE reality:

I want to bump this to make another point or two.

ESTps are pretty good at picking up signals that others send off, whether it be voice inflection, movements, body language, social cues etc. They see it with the , process it as having some kind of significance, but don't know what the fuck it all means, unless they do hours of painful analyzation afterwards.

When ESTps see these things, and subjectively interperate it as being negative, they distance themselves from the other person, conciously. Even if this is only perceived and not real, they still do it also. For example, if I'm talking to someone, and they don't really respond in a demonstrative manner, but rather respond with "Yeah," and "Hmmmm...," I'll think, "I must be doing something wrong here, and they probably don't want to talk anymore." In these situations, it matters who I am talking to to provoke a certain reaction. With my friends, I can be blunt. I can ask questions, such as, "Does my breath stink?" or "Am I boring the fuck out of you?" and the such, and they'll usually laugh, and give me a good answer in response. Most of the time, they weren't disinterested in the slightest, but of course, I couldn't figure that out. With people who aren't good friends, I can't ask things like that, and this is where the PoLR comes in again. When people respond in a manner which seems negative in my point of view, I can't gauge what exactly the reason for it is. I can't tell if I'm boring them, if I'm being rude, or what the issue is. Maybe they're not even reacting in a negative manner at all in the first place!

When this happens and I decide that it's not going well, I take the easiest route for me to do: distance myself dramatically. Not only does this protect the PoLR and Hidden Agenda from being exposed to the other person, but it gives me a break so that I can take more time to figure out what exactly was happening, which is often hard to do on the spot in conversation.

When ESTps aren't really confident on what to do in a social, situation, they sort of act on-guard, and become much more cold and less demonstrative and/or openly active. The motto seems to be that of, "I can't get too close to this person, because if they don't like me, my existance is royally fucked." The times when you are blind to people's thoughts towards you in conversation are the times when you get shat on in public, and get your reputation fucked behind your back without even realizing it yourself. We try to avoid that from happening, by keeping a certain amount of distance from people. That way, if they do do something crappy to you publically, at least you didn't care about them all that much anyways.

It really hurts like hell to get your PoLR slapped, especially in public. I remember one particular time, back when I was twelve years old. I was at camp, and on the Ropes Course. So this one girl was on this climb called the "Pamper Plank," where you have to climb 43 feet in the air, and jump off this platform and catch a hanging bar that was somewhere between 7 and 8 feet away. (you were on bolay when you do it of course, so you're completely safe). So this girl, she's standing on the plank for a good twenty minutes, not really doing anything, too scared to jump and try it. Of course, this irritated my action-seeking . I wanted to see some action happen! So yeah, like after twenty minutes up there, she doesn't jump, but gets lowered down, sort of crying. So people were crowding around her, asking her things like, "Are you okay?" So me, not thinking before I say stuff, I go, "Why were you up there for so long?" This girl that I know, a year older, glares at me, and goes, "LAURAAA!!!!!" in this really angry tone. The girl who was up there sort of looked at me, but didn't answer. Immediately, I felt like slapping myself in the face multiple times. What the fuck was I thinking, saying something like that? I didn't perceive it as being rude at the time, but apparently, it was. For the rest of the day, I was mentally slapping myself in the face. Let's just say, the car ride home with that girl who slapped my PoLR (not the one up on the climb) was extremely awkward. She didn't seem to care really, but the fact that my PoLR was kicked hard in the hoo-hah caused me to never forget that, and also permanently changed how I respond to people in this kind of situation.

Another extension of this, is that I'll do things that are completely inapropriate for the situation. Like I'll do things like laugh at a funeral (figuratively, not literally), wear gym shorts and a track jacket to a semi-formal event, or talk to someone in a manner that is not appropriate when taking account into their age and social class or status. Whenever I do these types of things and realize it afterwards, I do the same sort of mental self bitch-slapping.

When things like this happen, it causes me to develop sort of a protective barrier, or defense mechanism in response. This is why I never let people get too close to me, because it makes the PoLR extremely vulnerable. To this day, albeit the confident exterior, I am often unsure of how to behave in different situations. I usually copy others in this area, assuming whatever they're doing looks relatively plausable and not too stupid.

More to add later, if I get time. It's good if you've read this far, and feel free to ask any questions concerning this!

Sorry for derailing the thread

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Completely disagree with this notion. This is a huge issue I have with Socionics and judging by everything I've been reading on the forum, I'm not the only one: the idea that people are utterly helpless at and incapable of understanding their weak functions. Not being a natural at something or being bad at it does not mean you have no notion of what that is or how it works. It just means that will probably never be one of your strengths, and you might always need a helping hand at navigating that area.

But many people absolutely exaggerate the PoLR thing to mean people are actually handicapped in that area, or clueless like little children, when that's often not the case. Especially if the person at some point realizes they need to work on their issues and consciously tries to improve and stay alert. Like I sucked big time at Math in school (I got D's all the time) and while it never became easy, after much studying I was able to become average at it.

And using the examples you gave in the bolded parts, that's all stuff that it's natural to me and I'm most definitely not an Ethical type. It's a question first of common decency and character, and also of how one has been raised. I might not have the same standards in relationships others have (mine are insanely high actually), but all the things you've cited are basic manners and also quite logical to me. You can't expect to receive what you can't give, so if you want to be well treated and supported you're going to do the same. It's also a matter of intelligence, if you have it you'll sooner or later learn how to behave in society by observation of cause and effect of your behavior, I don't think you need to study how to live in society as if you're an alien.

By the way I agree 100% with Andy in terms of how to not proceed with people, while agreeing 100% with Onision's sentiments. And they're Ethical, and I'm Logical.

I V.I. SEE too, it freaked me out I bit when I started seeing celebrity typings accompanied by gifs or pics, because I most certainly have the SEE "smik", the wide teeth smile and flirty winks.
    Cutting this short, check out this article! Hope it helps.
    As for SEE's V.I., 4D Fe might not be expressed since Fi is valued. Have you seen my pictures? I have more of a deadpan despite being an emotion bomb. When Fe is valued, it's much more expressed in V.I, even when in the suggestive channel but it depends on the people around.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cutting this short, check out this article! Hope it helps.
    As for SEE's V.I., 4D Fe might not be expressed since Fi is valued. Have you seen my pictures? I have more of a deadpan despite being an emotion bomb. When Fe is valued, it's much more expressed in V.I, even when in the suggestive channel but it depends on the people around.
    What "help" do you think I need?

No, I have never seen your face.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What "help" do you think I need?

No, I have never seen your face.
    To advance the discussion! This also gives clues about how he's Fi and not Ti base.
    Go to the picture thread ayy

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To advance the discussion! This also gives clues about how he's Fi and not Ti base.
    Go to the picture thread ayy
    But really, the question is: do we even have anything to discuss anymore? I feel like unless someone drops by to suggest he's anything but Ethical again, we won't go back to the subject. He's so transparent.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

But really, the question is: do we even have anything to discuss anymore? I feel like unless someone drops by to suggest he's anything but Ethical again, we won't go back to the subject. He's so transparent.
    Won't close the thread, but yep we can abandon thisssss

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    That's really true, @Chae. Judging by your pictures alone, I'd have said you were an Se-dom and possibly Gamma.
    I'd have no problem with SEE, makes me on par with handjob which is heaven.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, I could totally see how an enneagram 3w4 sx/so IEE could be mistyped as SEE or even EIE.
    Yep, I've been through the entire range

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I could totally see how an enneagram 3w4 sx/so IEE could be mistyped as SEE or even EIE.
    @Chae: Baekhyun and GD

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Chae: Baekhyun and GD
    Hm?

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm?
    Did you forget that was how you typed them first?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Did you forget that was how you typed them first?
    I had GD as EIE, Baekhyun as SLE.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had GD as EIE, Baekhyun as SLE.
    SLE? Damn, I didn't remind it as being so far.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SLE? Damn, I didn't remind it as being so far.
    I typed him after Chanyeol, that's why

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have no problem with SEE, makes me on par with handjob which is heaven.
    Anyone can become SEE for a moment in time when they get in bed with one.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by handjob View Post
    Anyone can become SEE for a moment in time when they get in bed with one.
    YOU'RE BACK

I see you

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast