Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Discussion of LSI-ISTj Subtypes

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    yes, I've noticed this with types too. There are definitely more than 2 subtypes, though the 2 subtype distinction has the advantage of a distinctive characteristic. accepting and producing results in two different behaviours. So even if there are let's say for example 8 subtypes. Then 4 of them are accepting behaviour and 4 of them producing. So far I haven't been able to see different behaviour in the other subtypes (only different VI). Therefor the 2 subtype distinction is most important.
    To generalize too liberally for a second, there appear to be two general typing methods at stake. The first method is essentialism which draws a vertical line and claims that lines marks the "essence" of a type. In order for a person to qualify as a type, they must stand on or exceptionally near this line. This line may be a particular type description, a celebrity benchmark, or a person's preconceived notion of a type through a personal benchmark. The second method draws two distantly-gaped parallel lines and claims that a person must fall within those ranges to be of a type.

While both approaches have their pitfalls, I personally prefer the second approach which allows for greater deviation from a normative ideal and is, typically, less insistent on the defining "essence" of a type. The second approach necessarily involves defining the parameters of the type range by constantly moving the lines closer or farther apart, but I have noticed that people of this second method are less reluctant to change their type conceptions with additional facts than those who think in terms of the first method.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    To generalize too liberally for a second, there appear to be two general typing methods at stake. The first method is essentialism which draws a vertical line and claims that lines marks the "essence" of a type. In order for a person to qualify as a type, they must stand on or exceptionally near this line. This line may be a particular type description, a celebrity benchmark, or a person's preconceived notion of a type through a personal benchmark. The second method draws two distantly-gaped parallel lines and claims that a person must fall within those ranges to be of a type.

While both approaches have their pitfalls, I personally prefer the second approach which allows for greater deviation from a normative ideal and is, typically, less insistent on the defining "essence" of a type. The second approach necessarily involves defining the parameters of the type range by constantly moving the lines closer or farther apart, but I have noticed that people of this second method are less reluctant to change their type conceptions with additional facts than those who think in terms of the first method.
    What sources does the second method use to define its type range? What is the data based on?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    What sources does the second method use to define its type range? What is the data based on?
    Whether or not a subject meets the criteria of the functional arrangement of a given type. It's the difference between saying, "This person appears to have certain qualities that matches this particular arrangement of functions," versus "This person does not fit my preconception of this type based mostly around my hated Aunt Sally and this one type description I read."

The first method has a preconception that forms their central point of origin around which they build their understanding of a type. This is an in-to-outward method. The second method attempts to gather as many points of data as they can through either contracting or expanding their parameters of understanding the functions of a type. This is an out-to-inward method.
    Last edited by Logos; 09-14-2010 at 09:05 PM.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, I've noticed this with types too. There are definitely more than 2 subtypes, though the 2 subtype distinction has the advantage of a distinctive characteristic. accepting and producing results in two different behaviours. So even if there are let's say for example 8 subtypes. Then 4 of them are accepting behaviour and 4 of them producing. So far I haven't been able to see different behaviour in the other subtypes (only different VI). Therefor the 2 subtype distinction is most important.
    Yes. and you add differences in E-types and stacking, DCNH subtype(if it is not the same as enneagram type). You get a lot of variation.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    This is the only LSI type that exists. They are this way because every LSI have Fi role and this is something that they can't run and hide from.
    Your post makes no sense. You say they cant hide from Fi role yet admit some of them can is in the description of the first type? Besides ypu're wrong it is clear there are two types of LSI, people just cant properly identify the sensory as LSI.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    Expat and FDG are right - what I probably need to find is an ISTj sensory subtype, because that would balance off my Ni-subtype attitude where I try to postpone everything and where I'm too careful about things that will probably backfire in the future.

I have no idea how to spot them. I think there is a side to ISTjs that I don't even know. I was more than a little surprised to see that Expat (and many others) had typed a character from HBO's Rome as ISTj. It was Lucius Vorenus played by Kevin McKidd. I had him typed as ENTp because I thought I was seeing the Se-role combined with a lot of Ti. (Mhh... it doesn't seem that far off when I put it this way, lol)

There is one kind of ISTj that I know of but I don't even know if they are of the same subtype - people who are shy and quiet, very careful around strangers, wear the same outfit all the time, very conservative in their views, very dutiful. They are very reliable people - you always know what to expect of them. When they disagree with a stranger/half-stranger, they pout. Seems they've had their share of bad experiences upsetting people... When they disagree with a friend, they become very stubborn and enforce their own opinion. They can't really be converted to any other opinion in that case.

Their Se mostly manifests in being dutiful. They are very neat, they go to sleep early, they wake up early. They are very productive - they don't postpone things and they don't spend time doing nothing.

I have two questions.
    Which subtype is that and how does it differ from Se-subtype? ( :wink: )
    Quote Originally Posted by stefana View Post
    ISTj-Se subtype is more outgoing than their Ti bros. They can come across as flirtatious and debonair as an ESTp. But watch their back and neck for it betrays their type. It's stiff. Look out for that and you won't mistake them for ESTps . Anyway, I notice that they tend to hold their heads up high and look down quite sharply at people. Try holding a debate with them over inconsequential matters and you'll see their hard-headedness rise to the fore. Instead of considering your opinion, they'll repeat their standpoints all the while maintaining an intimidating stare (though maybe not on purpose. Heck I don't know.) Don't hold their tempers as well as sub-type so can have embarrassing outbursts in public although how fast it's over with varies from one to another.

They are more emotionally-expressive although laughters are somewhat forced. Kris, if an ISTj-Se subtype has the hots for you, you will quickly know it because he will come to you... You don't ever have to claw after him.

(This post is written in a light-hearted manner but my opinion is based on observation and personal experience)
    great thread. Especially these posts

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VI examples of Ti ISTjs

Patrick Stewart

David Suchet

Sean Connery

Ben Kingsley

Naveen Andrews

Alexander Skarsgard

discojoe

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most striking and immediately apparent feature we all seem to possess is a set of profoundly sad, reflective eyes.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patrick Stewart, Si-ESFJ imo
    Sean Connery - Ni-ENFJ

Was just look at this for a while again today: http://gallery.socionix.com/Beta/Ti-ISTj/

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Patrick Stewart, Si-ESFJ imo
    Sean Connery - Ni-ENFJ
    Are you fucking kidding me?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh, no I'm not kidding ya. Obvious Fe doms are obvious. What's the opinion of Ti-IJ from?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He appears too energetic and enthusiastic to be ISTJ, for the most part, in a manly way. He also reminds me plenty of my ENFJ dad.

Also, I've seen DJ on video, he doesn't really remind me of these people.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh, no I'm not kidding ya. Obvious Fe doms are obvious. What's the opinion of Ti-IJ from?
    Fe doms ARE obvious, and they obviously are NOT Fe doms. lmao.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're mixed up, if you think you're similar to these guys. Advising to look here first http://gallery.socionix.com/Beta/Ti-ISTj/. They're much more introverted/toned down, like you.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He appears too energetic and enthusiastic to be ISTJ
    Wow, because that's totally type-related.

Also, I've seen DJ on video, he doesn't really remind me of these people.
    You've seen a totally insubstantial sampling of my behavior.

All of your claims so far seem to be based on superficial surface observations that are typical of neophytes, to be honest. Brush up.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're mixed up, if you think you're similar to these guys. Advising to look here first http://gallery.socionix.com/Beta/Ti-ISTj/. They're much more introverted/toned down, like you.
    No.

The biggest argument against everything you're saying here is that the people I listed in the OP are clearly of the same type. Especially the first four. Denying this is retarded.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'd say Patrick Stewart seems a lot more physically present and softer in demeanor, by contrast unlike my impression of ENFJs, in part why I find the guy more likeable / relateable. They also seem 30 to 40 times more warm than you do.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'd say Patrick Stewart seems a lot more physically present and softer in demeanor, by contrast unlike my impression of ENFJs, in part why I find the guy more likeable / relateable. They also seem 30 to 40 times more warm than you do.
    Really? My girlfriend has said I'm extremely warm, soft, and caring.

Hmm, maybe because she's actually interacted with me, and not just observed my late night theatrics on tiny chat?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And look at my third photo and Stewart's. Jesus.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see the resemblance, but if you think I should retype you ExFJ because you really are by default more affectionate and emotionally energizing, then that's another story. I don't see how they're the same as ISTJs in general. Just trying to help.
    Last edited by 717495; 07-10-2011 at 03:08 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see the resemblance
    Dude, get the fuck out of my topic and quit trolling.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, pat yourself on the back.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn, you look like filatova's illustration to a T. Or are you trying to look like that?

I have two friends who remind me David Suchet (one actually just passed away though :\). Their wives are definitely EIE.

Anyways, can you post some female examples?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    damn, you look like filatova's illustration to a T. Or are you trying to look like that?
    Nope, that's me.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Connery seems more Se-ISTj to me. Skarsgard has an ENFj vibe. But overall these are good examples.

Btw, you looked sharper/happier when you were younger. What the hell happened? Is that Joy's fault?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The most striking and immediately apparent feature we all seem to possess is a set of profoundly sad, reflective eyes.
    No, the most striking feature is the forehead.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Connery seems more Se-ISTj to me. Skarsgard has an ENFj vibe. But overall these are good examples.
    Connery runs on clockwork and fits Ti LSI perfectly.

Skarsgard looks like me and has my exact body language. It's so identical it's eerie.

Btw, you looked sharper/happier when you were younger. What the hell happened? Is that Joy's fault?
    I was just more of a kid, I guess. I'm actually a lot happier now than I was then.

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I agree.

Also, I can't be the only one who started scrolling down and immediately thought, "DJ's face is going to pop up any time now", right? Good.
    That wasn't my face. Those are just pictures of it. You're gross.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ed Norton

Can't get pics ATM.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sean Connery is SLE, IMO. Facial expressions and vibe comparable to Sinatra.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Ed Norton

Can't get pics ATM.
    Funny you say that. Here's another pic of Skarsgard:

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Sean Connery is SLE, IMO. Facial expressions and vibe comparable to Sinatra.
    No fucking way.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think me and my younger brother are both LSIs. Maybe because we're the same type, but different subtypes, makes us have little interest in each other:

1. He is cold, quiet, no feelings at all (Ti); I'm more emotional inside and communicable (Se).
    2. He is more outgoing, polite, even being unexpressive (Ti?); People don't like me very much, they find me haughty and sharp. And I don't like them too. (Se?).
    3. He is restless, always going out (Se?); I'm more reclusive. I like activities with few people (Ti?).
    4. He is peaceful (Ti); I enter into conflicts (Se).

So, I think the subtypes don't draw the lines 100% accurately. This is the same with all Subtype Descriptions. There are probably more than 2 subtypes. But... If I would create my own descriptions:

1. LSI-Ti subtype is much less expressive, but likes to engage in large groups (Fe) cause he needs Fe more than the Sensory subtype.
    2. LSI-Se subtype is more of a loner, seeks more for meaning of his life (Ni), and enforces Role (Fi), prefering a few like-minded people.

So, even the Se subtype being more expressive, he is more solitary and complex (Perceptive subtype reenforces most used perceptive functions: Ni HA and Si demonstrative). Se subtype likes comfort and reflection.
    Judging subtype reenforces main Judging function, i.e, Te ignoring.

I have a theory that all creative subtypes tend to have a more developed personality, because they don't focus too much on the Base function.

In other words, LSI-Ti is basically a strict and rational person (Ti/Te).
    While LSI-Se is a more complex person, with a more variety of personalities, depending on which functions he prefer to use. Generally they use a lot their feeling functions, Ni and Si. A lot of LSI-Se's might naturally fall into Ni, which is the direct uncounscious opposition to his greatly used Se.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Dionysius I have been observing your ramblings for a while now, you switch from a type to another in a supersonic speed...
    ILE, ILI, LSI now.. Maybe try to understand yourself first?..

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    ...it is clear there are two types of LSI, people just cant properly identify the sensory as LSI.
    Why do you say that and what do people see those LSIs as, usually?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysius View Post
    I think me and my younger brother are both LSIs. Maybe because we're the same type, but different subtypes, makes us have little interest in each other:

1. He is cold, quiet, no feelings at all (Ti); I'm more emotional inside and communicable (Se).
    2. He is more outgoing, polite, even being unexpressive (Ti?); People don't like me very much, they find me haughty and sharp. And I don't like them too. (Se?).
    3. He is restless, always going out (Se?); I'm more reclusive. I like activities with few people (Ti?).
    4. He is peaceful (Ti); I enter into conflicts (Se).

So, I think the subtypes don't draw the lines 100% accurately. This is the same with all Subtype Descriptions. There are probably more than 2 subtypes. But... If I would create my own descriptions:

1. LSI-Ti subtype is much less expressive, but likes to engage in large groups (Fe) cause he needs Fe more than the Sensory subtype.
    2. LSI-Se subtype is more of a loner, seeks more for meaning of his life (Ni), and enforces Role (Fi), prefering a few like-minded people.

So, even the Se subtype being more expressive, he is more solitary and complex (Perceptive subtype reenforces most used perceptive functions: Ni HA and Si demonstrative). Se subtype likes comfort and reflection.
    Judging subtype reenforces main Judging function, i.e, Te ignoring.

I have a theory that all creative subtypes tend to have a more developed personality, because they don't focus too much on the Base function.

In other words, LSI-Ti is basically a strict and rational person (Ti/Te).
    While LSI-Se is a more complex person, with a more variety of personalities, depending on which functions he prefer to use. Generally they use a lot their feeling functions, Ni and Si. A lot of LSI-Se's might naturally fall into Ni, which is the direct uncounscious opposition to his greatly used Se.
    Idk since you retyped into LIE it seems. But this person had the same observations about Ti vs Se subtypes of LSI in this same thread: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post570692

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti Subtype:
    much worse spatial ability
    more internally emotional
    much more moralistic
    can resemble the NF Humanitarians and SF Socials and gamma and delta quadra more
    much more emotionally empathetic but has less cognitive empathy because less accurate visual perception and less attentive to visual detail
    much worse fine motor coordination, can appear clumsy, movements are much less smooth
    not intellectuals.
    much lower iq
    much less precise and technical usage of language
    thinks much less clearly
    much less curious
    processes and remembers much less information, much less visually aware of their surroundings
    much slower recall of information from memory
    more possessive and demanding of their spouses
    more emotionally needy
    often not good at deductive logic, often makes decisions based upon what they think others want
    less good at controlling their anger and other emotions
    more thin-skinned
    more personable
    more gruff (their warmth puts people off)
    Ti sub women are more likely to cut their hair short
    much more traditional
    much less adaptable to new environments
    trusts words more
    shorter knee height, you'll never see a female LSI-Ti with knee height greater than the 90th percentile of all females' knee height, and at least 2/3 of female LSI-Ti will have knee height below the 50th percentile of all females's knee height.
    more masculine looking and sounding (not consistently soft-spoken like the LSI-Se)
    less likely to wear make up and jewelry
    smaller nose on average, less likely to have beautiful, large, aquiline noses
    louder less stable voice
    more valuing of social norms
    their desire for harmony, non-offensiveness, and stability can resemble the gamma and delta quadras, can seem result rather than process and farsighted rather than carefree.
    much less ability to visually identify others' moods.
    less artistic and less open-minded to artistry
    have a want to save the world kind of attitude
    more naive
    more easily manipulated
    less up to date, far less informed as leaders as they don't understand, don't process, and/or filter out information (they're not as good at assessing relevancy)
    more likely to be psychotic or manic
    much more forceful about their opinions
    much more likely to be male
    almost always 1w2 so/sp, maybe some 6w5.
    more likely to be incel
    usually slimmer, more averse to eating to fried foods
    more obsessive compulsive
    more assuming
    more assuming about the future
    more argumentative
    more easily offended
    more likely to be african american or middle eastern
    women less likely to wear nail polish, jewelry, and make up
    have less accurate sensory perception
    doesn't value independence, wants people to be together, thinks social interaction for the sake of social interaction is important
    it's almost like Ti isn't working for them as they don't notice inconsistencies very well, they have a harder time deciding what's most pertinent, and they aren't good with spatial relations and they seem result in their thinking, their thought process is much less linear and their expressions aren't as sequential.
    experiences more doubts, goes back and forth more
    roman catholic, irish catholic, arab, black south african in direct matrilineal origin, mtDNA haplogroups J and L more common.
    wants more conformity
    wants and makes their kids to conform to societal norms and to play with other children
    don't have as strong of a sense of right and wrong, more likely to be morally relativistic, more easily emotionally manipulated.
    seeks revenge more.
    has more intonation in their voice
    talks more loudly
    asks fewer clarification questions
    more stern
    doesn't joke as much
    much more thin-skinned
    much weaker nerves, which is why they uncontrollably explode more.
    has it much harder in life than Se subtype, because they're needier emotionally and materially than the Se subtype while being able to give less in return (they're less gentle, less elegant, less charming, less intellectually stimulating, and more demanding that others take responsibility so more people have less reason to stay with them) while they can't take care of themselves as easily. Since they're more forthright and blunt and more physically discomforting and unable to provide comfort (they're not as gentle with their hands, they look and sound more masculine, less elegant so people who are not Fi users and also have very accurate visual, auditory, olfactory, taste, tactile perception don't gravitate towards them physically) and react more negatively to changes and conflict than the Se subtype, fewer people who want to enjoy life and their freedom and independence and who are highly sensual and have a high IQ will want to associate with them.
    doesn't notice inconsistencies much.
    they usually come from poorer families than the Se subtype.
    judge claude frollo, hillary clinton, and vladimir putin are examples of this type.
    ILE-Ti are willing to let them go or make them go, so the ILE-Ti isn't really a guardian angel of this subtype as supervision would suggest. Their emotional neediness and uncontrollable emotions and outbursts and predictability and thin-skinnedness and not processing as much information and inconsistency and not thinking independently and unoriginality and need for predictability and chain of command and being of practical less use to the ILE-Ti and being visually unattractive, not gentle, and having annoying voices while not being good at deductive logic nor quick nor elegant enough in explaining themselves and their need for others to follow their wishes alienate the ILE-Ti.
    much more likely to support masculine gender norms
    style of dress is much less sexy and certain details look ugly.
    forces their beliefs on their children if they can, forces their children to go to the same church, doesn't allow their children to go to a different church.
    excessively detailed on their speech and writings.
    appears to have result, strategic, negativist dichotomies. more strongly declaring, aristocratic, and emotivist.
    not good at deductive logic or determining cause and effect.
    Resembles EIE-Ni and SLE-Se more.
    more judgmental than Se sub

The Se subtype is:
    more philosophical and better at mechanical things
    more open-minded
    more honest
    more loyal, more principled, they're better at choosing who they're loyal to, they're more consistent throughout their whole lifetime
    more feminine, more beautiful
    flatter buttocks
    more gentle (vibe)
    more cognitively flexible
    stiffer upper back
    more flexible legs
    better at strategy
    better at improvising
    easier to get along with, less demanding
    more playful, wittier, more elegant with words
    voice is softer.
    gives all of the details
    more precisely thought out written and oral expression
    less neurotic
    more creative
    always in control of their emotions, has less, and doesn't reveal them anywhere near as much as the Ti subtype,
    better at reading peoples' emotions
    doesn't smile in photos as much, and it's a lot less sincere of a smile; their smiles visually resemble those of ILE-Ti.
    actually likes and dislikes people less, is more objective and impersonal than the Ti subtype
    much better at figuring out GUIs
    can be programmers (the Ti subtype can't nearly as much, Ti subtype isn't as good at logic and math)
    much more clear thinking than the Ti subtype
    much more socially skilled (because they're better at reading people, are more independent, and are better coordinated)
    much less emotionally empathetic while being more cognitively empathetic.
    much more elegant in words and clothing, accessories, has better looking movements, looks better, more feminine.
    more likely to be female (most LSI-Se are females).
    women have bigger build, one of the types most common to have sexy apple shape figure.
    O negative blood type very common
    attached earlobes very common
    has high perceptual reasoning (especially block design, figure weights, picture completion) and spatial and visuo-motor iq and sometimes high verbal iq.
    resembles the NT researcher club.
    resemble ILE-Ti and especially SLE-Ti more in appearance and facial expressions
    1w9, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 8w7 are more common as are sx/sp, so/sx sp/sx and sx/so.
    are more likely to have doctorates, you'll rarely find Ti-subtype engineers or surgeons or psychiatrists, although some Ti-subtypes will be psychiatric nurses.
    much better at getting what and who they want out of life, don't fail if they set goals, can marry whoever they want.
    taller on average
    better at making money
    better at managing money
    better at analysis
    more precise, accurate, and timely communication than the Ti-subtype
    better at picking up on non-verbal cues
    more objective in their dealings with people (less likely to treat someone based upon their likes or dislikes for them, if they like or dislike them at all).
    sense of humor is drier, darker, and more original, and are more easily able to take a joke they have much less involuntary laughter and smiles as they have better coordination and stronger nerves
    keeps track of their belongings better
    keeps track of a changing situation better
    has better focus
    anglo-irish, ancient basque, afrikaaner, boer, calvinist, ashkenazi jewish, yayoi/modern japanese in direct matrilineal origin (mtdna haplogroups D and K).
    encourages individuality, doesn't force their beliefs on their children
    che guevara, elias disney, roy o. disney, are examples of this type. all of them had anglo-irish ancestry.
    some of the most beautiful individuals are this subtype, they're much more physically and sexually attractive than the other subtype.
    more deductive
    uses reasoning more and less internally emotional than the other subtype, more cold-blooded.
    asks more questions, makes fewer assumptions.
    resembles SLE-Ti and EIE-Fe more.
    less judgmental than LSI-Ti
    Grigory Reinin's LSI description and LSI tactical, process, and positivist Dichotomies were based on this subtype.
    greater internal drive and energy levels, requires less sleep.
    much quicker visual perception
    better at conversations (they notice details and perceive what other people are saying as is and can converse more quickly and accurately)
    Last edited by Disturbed; 06-19-2023 at 02:34 PM.

TIM
    LII-Ti 1w2 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol “the Virgin Ti-LSI versus the Chad Se-LSI”

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Overthinker View Post
    Lol “the Virgin Ti-LSI versus the Chad Se-LSI”
    Pretty much. Does that fit your observations too or were you just joking about what I was saying?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Behavioural differences between the two subtypes can be traced to Se-subs spending a lion's share (2/3 or more) of time on acquiring input while Ti-subs spends most of their time rationalizing; however, their processing priorities and structures are identical so cognitive processes are identical even though outcomes may vary slightly. The former may have more information to work with while the latter may have given more thought to a lesser data set; the ideal input-output balance is 50-50. Deep down (90% of an Ij is below the surface), ISTjs all think the same but in MBTI, some Se-subs may appear like ISTPs because MBTI is all about appearances (the 10% of an Ij)......

a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 05-14-2020 at 02:01 PM.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Behavioural differences between the two subtypes can be traced to Se-subs spending a lion's share (2/3 or more) of time on acquiring input while Ti-subs spends most of their time rationalizing; however, their processing priorities and structures are identical so cognitive processes are identical even though outcomes may vary slightly. The former may have more information to work with while the latter may have given more thought to a lesser data set; the ideal input-output balance is 50-50. Deep down (90% of an Ij is below the surface), ISTjs all think the same but in MBTI, some Se-subs may appear like ISTPs because MBTI is all about appearances (the 10% of an Ij)......

a.k.a. I/O
    Well, in MBTI tests I did consistently get ISTP, never ISTJ. They seem way too surface-level. The -Se subtype might be one reason I initially got typed SLI by some people (including you) here.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast