Thread: I tried

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I tried

Describe yourself.

Weird. Carefree… but also uptight when it comes to things that are important to me.

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?

I was studying illustration but then decided to take a very long break from school because I wasn't feeling the passion for it much anymore. Now I work as a server. It’s not bad save for my crazy boss. I'll go back to school soon enough.

What are your values, and why?

Honesty and fairness. I don’t want any more bullshit piling up in my life. Been through enough of that shit *lol*

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?

Besides working I usually just read or sing or draw… nap. When my son is over, I switch to mom mode and it’s quite a trip cuz it’s like I’ve turned completely opposite (meaning I actually get out and do more concrete things).

Describe your relations with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?

I’m not very close to my family or even friends for that matter. Only a select few know me very well, and even then it’s just like two. What I like about my family is how everyone is pretty much “this is how i am take it or leave it”. No one tries to be polite to one another. It’s the same with my best friend and boyfriend too. We all pretty much just say what’s on our mind. I don’t really know what I dislike about anyone besides for the fact that my mom talks too much sometimes and my sister has no sense of boundaries whether it be physical or communication-wise.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?

For friends, I usually look for similar humor. If I feel comfortable with you, then that already gives me a greenlight to be more open. Whether or not things progress is up to the other person. This also goes the same for relationships-- but if at any moment I start feeling like… it’s not working out, I’ll just quietly distance myself bit by bit. It’s really important for me to feel 100% comfortable with my partner and if I ever feel like I have to hold back something… and it's taken way too long for me to drag it out-- I don’t see how it’ll work out in the future. I want to be completely and feel instantly open to them and would like to be treated the same way. There are special circumstances of course, but yeah

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?

Conflicts only arise whenever misunderstandings are afoot, which hasn't occurred as much as before (thank goodness). I really do not get along with bossy, direct people though. I end up just doing the opposite of what they tell me to do just to get on their nerves. I know, I'm terrible

How would your friends describe you?

Open minded? Selectively social

What do people generally see as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

That I’m very nice. I guess I like the fact that I first think in other points of view first before acting like an asshole to anyone. And that I hold the door for people.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?

I hold grudges. People always tell me I’ll never move forward if I don’t forgive someone. Which is true. But eh. What I most dislike about myself though is how I’m so unmotivated to doing anything… it’s not that the task itself is hard for me to do, i’m just lazy as fuck

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?

I’m good at coming up with my own philosophies and giving advice to people, but what I really need to do is just go out there and accomplish actual great things.

What things do you find to be a chore? What things do you enjoy more than others?

What I find to be chores are.. chores Lol. I find being too meticulous when you don’t have to be-- a chore. However, I like to clean until everything is almost completely sterilized. Doesn't mean I enjoy it though... And what I enjoy more than most people is uh... Sudoku and Tetris. Pfft.. sorry, I know I should probably take this more seriously

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?

I plan to work my ass off so I can get a nice ass house u feel. I want to have a happy family. I blame my partner

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?

Probably grow the biggest garden. Write all the stories I’ve been wanting to write without having to worry about all these damn bills

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?

I don’t really know how to answer this question

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?

A couple days ago, I took out the ugly makeshift curtain in my room that my uncle put up when I first moved in (and with duct tape at that)... and replaced it with a neat looking tapestry. I usually clean weekly. I can’t stand mold or dust so I also have an air filter in my room. Daily chores tire me out though… as fulfilling as it is being able to finally complete them. I uh, also like to mix and match my furniture.

How do you behave around strangers?

Mixed bag. Either reserved if I’m not feelin it, or really open and smiley. I've been described as warm and having a sunny disposition... but also sometimes really depressed looking (cuz I'm just not trying anymore)

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?

Oh boy. I cry lol

What is one common misconception that people have? Explain why it is wrong.

People think I’m a snake or have ulterior motives when I’m honestly just trying to help lol. Like damn, do I really seem that untrustworthy--

What did you do last Friday?

I don’t remember……….. I know I ate cake for breakfast, lunch, and dinner... In bed. Shoulda asked me what I did on Saturday though. Cuz I got hella stuff done

Aaaand... a link to a video that I will prolly delete sooner or later (sorry for not being able to get my thoughts out in a more logical and coherent manner... also don't mind my weird setup): removed
    Last edited by moloko; 12-31-2016 at 11:14 PM.
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

Pacifist
    TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem like a genuinely nice person.

What is your example of actual great things that you would like to achieve?

What kind of stories you would like to write, granted the time and convenience?

Pacifist
    TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    You're my identical.

So, then, if you're not EII, then I should move into another type too, as same as your type.

Let this forum decide what best for us.

By the way, I'm 954 too a couple months ago, but I was 964 when I first joined in this forum.

Nice to meet you.
    please count me in too.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kneejerk impression: ESI, possibly 1/2 enneagram range.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You're my identical.

So, then, if you're not EII, then I should move into another type too, as same as your type.

By the way, I'm 954 too a couple months ago, but I was 964 when I first joined in this forum.

Nice to meet you.

Time to call the team of typing.
    @thehotelambush as the creator of questionnairee.
    @Maritsa as EII representative.
    @Sol as the Visual Identifiers.
    I would easily answer this question where this person said they don't know

"What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?

I don’t really know how to answer this question"
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good morning/evening everyone! Thank you all for replying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mori View Post
    You seem like a genuinely nice person.

What is your example of actual great things that you would like to achieve?

What kind of stories you would like to write, granted the time and convenience?
    Thank you! That comment made my morning, honestly /weak to compliments

And to answer your questions, I would definitely love to publish my writings or be a prolific illustrator one day! Being famous doesn't matter too much to me; I just want to be able to feel like I've maxed out my potential as a human being... or my talents, more like? I've always had this insatiable hunger inside me where I feel like I need to be contributing something more to society-- idea wise. I've always been big on spreading inspiration to others with my words, but I kinda wanna actually... do something more with my creativity. Something tangible and impressionable. How long the after-product lasts doesn't matter so much to me as the effect I want it to give to the audience. Sounds kinda corny, but I want it to spur a reaction in them-- whether it be emotional or more concrete. Or at least give them something to think about. lol

I'm still trying to figure out just what it is I want to create and I've been preparing for SO long... I think it's my perfectionist tendencies that have been cockblocking me, but I'm getting there and I WILL get there.

As for the second question... oh boy. The two main ones I have in mind all err on the more fantastical side (but also surreal and slightly psychological). One of them I want to give the impression of being in a lucid dream almost (contains a lot of bible and war references from the past). The other is kinda futuristic and vague, but both deal with themes of self-discovery and growth. Thanks for reading my ramblings btw, haha

You're my identical.

Nice to meet you.
    TWIN!! Sorry, it was the first thing that came to mind when I read the word "identical" (even though I know it does have to do with intertype relations, hahaha). And YES let the puzzle solving begin... if I'm not EII that is, pfft. It's nice to meet you as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Alioth View Post
    Kneejerk impression: ESI, possibly 1/2 enneagram range.
    Interesting! I've actually considered ESI before, but... still can't make up my mind. I know for sure that I am a 4w5 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I would easily answer this question where this person said they don't know

"What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?

I don’t really know how to answer this question"
    Ah, I'll reiterate. I really don't know how to answer this question because... I find myself to be actually very accepting to a default. I can see good where there is "bad" in someone and vice versa so I don't really have any specific favorite traits just as long as the person is not trying to hurt anyone? I dunno if that makes any sense, but... all I can also just say it takes a lot to annoy me. I'm very tolerant. lol. I guess the only thing I can say for sure that I find annoying (but some others find ok) is when someone jokes with another in a way which is offensive while assuming the other person would be ok with it... like I've seen it happen so many times at work with my boss!! (how I even forget to put this down is beyond me). Like I would understand if it was at a casual get together, but... he's scaring away customers. Which in turn is affecting business.... which.... yeah.
    - Epictetus

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^

I've been thinking I was SEI for the past week or so, but now I'm beginning to doubt myself again (this was after pinning down types of my fam and using intertype relations as a way to pidgeonhole myself... and while now that I see how EII makes more sense, I'm still going back and forth to doubting myself I've also been comparing the romantic styles between Caregiver and Infantile and hm... I can't tell if I'm just being instinctively maternal or what because while I can pay close attention to Si stuff, I'm just not graceful at it (though I still try).

I also tend to overperform or underperform depending on mood-- but regardless, being healthy really is important to me-- probably because heslth issues run in my family amd I was born with a shitty immune system, but yeah... I want to be able to be my best to take care of the people I love... I just get lazy at taking care of myself sometimes. Like I'll be so focused on making sure my family is well cared for that I burn myself out from lack of sleep or food sometimes. Then once I find even the tiniest imperfection on me, I'll immediately hone in on it 100% and worry like heck over it lol.

Someone please throw some questions at me... I have a feeling EII might be the better fit, but I just want to make sure (any other typings/evaluations are also welcome)
    - Epictetus

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fried egg View Post
    ^

I've been thinking I was SEI for the past week or so, but now I'm beginning to doubt myself again (this was after pinning down types of my fam and using intertype relations as a way to pidgeonhole myself... and while now that I see how EII makes more sense, I'm still going back and forth to doubting myself I've also been comparing the romantic styles between Caregiver and Infantile and hm... I can't tell if I'm just being instinctively maternal or what because while I can pay close attention to Si stuff, I'm just not graceful at it (though I still try).

I also tend to overperform or underperform depending on mood-- but regardless, being healthy really is important to me-- probably because heslth issues run in my family amd I was born with a shitty immune system, but yeah... I want to be able to be my best to take care of the people I love... I just get lazy at taking care of myself sometimes. Like I'll be so focused on making sure my family is well cared for that I burn myself out from lack of sleep or food sometimes. Then once I find even the tiniest imperfection on me, I'll immediately hone in on it 100% and worry like heck over it lol.

Someone please throw some questions at me... I have a feeling EII might be the better fit, but I just want to make sure (any other typings/evaluations are also welcome)
    How do you feel when interacting with LIE's in real life? Semi-duality and Conflict are pretty far apart. Do you find LIE's to be kind of horrible and revolting (SEI), or do you really admire the way they think (EII)?

Note that this test has to be conducted IRL. That's the only way to get a full sense of one's conflictor or semi-dual.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 01-06-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange is this your way of trying to unveil my long kept secret admiration for you? Kidding, but I don't think I've ever met an LIE in rl so I can't really say, sadly. If anything, whenever I come across posts by certain LIE like you or @Expat, I find myself thinking, "Wow, I wish I could think like that!!"

It's kind of like a weird, magnetic fascination for me-- I want to be able to explain things in a concise and tasteful manner like you guys, but it's always a struggle to do so and I just end up a stumbling mess I also like how they're able to stand their ground in an argument without resorting to childish retorts (ie making fun of someone's physical attributes as a way to taunt someone)
    - Epictetus

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange is this your way of trying to unveil my long kept secret admiration for you?
    Well, thanks, but no. I'm just trying to optimize the world.
    (FWIW, I am secretly jealous of your Si and Ne, as demonstrated in your profile pic.)

Kidding, but I don't think I've ever met an LIE in rl so I can't really say, sadly. If anything, whenever I come across posts by certain LIE like you or @Expat, I find myself thinking, "Wow, I wish I could think like that!!"

It's kind of like a weird, magnetic fascination for me-- I want to be able to explain things in a concise and tasteful manner like you guys, but it's always a struggle to do so and I just end up a stumbling mess I also like how they're able to stand their ground in an argument without resorting to childish retorts (ie making fun of someone's physical attributes as a way to taunt someone)
    I have found that both EII's and SEI's can feel that way about me, at a distance and at first. It is only on direct exposure that those feelings either kind of keep on going along, or turn into a very unpleasant surprise. Which is why I recommend real life interactions.

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah probably SEI. From the video you seem to have a bright, friendly kind of personality that is most typical of Alpha SFs. You talk a lot about emotional interactions. I would guess that your boss is SLE or something based on how you described him. You also answered the question about appearance in a way that suggests that you are more attentive to it or have more complex opinions on it than most people. Overall Si >> Se, preference for naturalism, comfort, and a relaxed state is clear.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

And to answer your questions, I would definitely love to publish my writings or be a prolific illustrator one day! Being famous doesn't matter too much to me; I just want to be able to feel like I've maxed out my potential as a human being... or my talents, more like? I've always had this insatiable hunger inside me where I feel like I need to be contributing something more to society-- idea wise. I've always been big on spreading inspiration to others with my words, but I kinda wanna actually... do something more with my creativity. Something tangible and impressionable. How long the after-product lasts doesn't matter so much to me as the effect I want it to give to the audience. Sounds kinda corny, but I want it to spur a reaction in them-- whether it be emotional or more concrete. Or at least give them something to think about. lol
    Fe creative?

Also Fe valuing with how you like everyone just says what's on their mind etc.

General impression too.

As for the second question... oh boy. The two main ones I have in mind all err on the more fantastical side (but also surreal and slightly psychological). One of them I want to give the impression of being in a lucid dream almost (contains a lot of bible and war references from the past). The other is kinda futuristic and vague, but both deal with themes of self-discovery and growth. Thanks for reading my ramblings btw, haha
    IEI>SEI?

You expressed you have difficulty with Si stuff.

I’m good at coming up with my own philosophies and giving advice to people, but what I really need to do is just go out there and accomplish actual great things.
    Good Ni, Se seeking?

OK, feel free to consider these points, I don't have time to delve in more, sorry.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@thehotelambush HEY YOU thanks for replying!! and oh boy, you still remember that vid-- how embarrassing but yes, I do indeed prefer a more relaxed environment... the kind where it's judgement free and people can say and express themselves however they want without fear of getting put down (super personal things should be kept shut away from large groups imo though... like fun drama is fine but real drama is a fuckin nightmare-- mostly because it leads to even more problems since more people than necessary are involved). for fun, i like doing things like knitting? haha.. or things that are on the more mischievous side-- like think haunted house hunting or exploring areas that shouldn't be explored. i just can't really handle things that are more on the extreme side like roller coaster rides or hanggliding (i wish i had the balls to though!)

@Myst thanks for answering my dude. don't worry about the short response; i'm grateful that anyone's responded. lol. reading both yours and hotel's post has lead me to believe that i'm either SEI or IEI now... throwing EXI away because i'm definitely much too lax when compared to my ESI coworkers (we all work at a restaurant btw)... and even moreso next to my boss (who i'm now sure is LXE). it's one of the things he can't stand about me tbh. that my gait is too easygoing... for example, when i'm relaxed, i literally hang like a blanket all over whatever i'm sitting/leaning on. whoops. but at least i'm fast when i need to be though? i just don't look in the moment as i should when i'm working and i guess it makes him anxious

and i do find it easy for me to cheer people up or to influence the emotional atmosphere... so Fe creative, ya. when i'm in a good mood, i prefer to amp things up and just let loose! although it's just kinda hard doing that when you're constantly surrounded by gammas but oddly enough, i do get along fine with my cousin who is an ESFp... sort of. like we both find it easy to be comfortable around each other and she's even told me that i'm the only person in her life that she can tolerate-- but when we don't agree on certain things? oh man, it's like all hell breaks loose because we will both keep arguing until we are literally screaming at each other. and then i end up crying bc weh. too much Se + her loudly leaking out personal things about ME to the public. moreso because of the latter though bc it's like.. i trusted you with that shit. wtf. and it's things like that that make me so wary of trusting other people bc i HATE getting backstabbed like that. BUT.. anyway, things do go right back to normal between us after an hour or so from fighting. she's just annoying when she sees only one absolute truth for something or how she negatively assesses anyone before getting to know the person first.

as for difficulty with Si stuff-- i'm just very lazy when it comes to taking care of myself. i'll do it to the point where i can look acceptable to the general public, but once i get a day or two off in a row from work-- i'll just stay in bed all day and eat crackers for breakfast, lunch, dinner. it's hard for me to stay motivated to take care of my wellbeing or to even just go anywhere once i'm off work. bleh. once i do get up and do something though it's like "wow... i'm actually living. wtf. why don't i do this more often?" but then i just revert instantly back to my hermit habits when the next day comes. lol
    Last edited by moloko; 02-07-2017 at 06:01 AM.
    - Epictetus

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

it's one of the things he can't stand about me tbh. that my gait is too easygoing... for example, when i'm relaxed, i literally hang like a blanket all over whatever i'm sitting/leaning on. whoops. but at least i'm fast when i need to be though?
    Se valuing if you're ok with responding to the external (Se) demands instead of prioritizing internal (Si) physical needs. Hanging like a blanket: Ip temperament lol

The SEE sounds like she fits your Se seeking and you her Ni seeking.

Your sentiment on "wow... i'm actually living. wtf. why don't i do this more often?" is also very Ni>Si, and Se seeking.

IEI.

Oh and np

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Myst i am. as long as those Se demands are within reasonable perimeters lol. i tend to push myself over the limit when it comes to working or socializing, etc... like i tend to do this without realizing or caring bc in a slightly masochistic way i want to see how far i can go. i mean, i know how to take care of myself, but it's not like i'll be very consistent with it.

it's weird bc (and idk if this is related to Si role), but on some days i can go from giving 0 shits to how i look ----> to suddenly feeling super self conscious about it-- health included. it then causes me to hyper focus on flaws (ie constantly checking myself in the mirror; fidgeting with hair/clothes). i can just never feel comfortable in my own skin for some reason. it's especially painful when someone points out something off! like i wish i wasn't so insecure about this area, but i guess that's why i also try to work on it.

but all in all, i think i'm gonna declare myself IEI-Fe for now since it feels like the better fit. thanks for the insight once again! luv u brah
    - Epictetus