Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: See what Big 5 traits you are visually attracted to!

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@coeruleum You don't see a difference in their eyes and expressions? Only the face structure? That's interesting if true.

I see a lot of differences between the pictures, they look like different people I've known throughout my life. Idk, I moved a ton as a kid, on average once a year to a new place with new people so maybe I just developed the quickly-sizing-people up by the way they look skill because it's something I had to use so much. Doing the same with composite pictures doesn't seem that different.

TIM
    Cyberbird
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    @coeruleum You don't see a difference in their eyes and expressions? Only the face structure? That's interesting if true.

I see a lot of differences between the pictures, they look like different people I've known throughout my life. Idk, I moved a ton as a kid, on average once a year to a new place with new people so maybe I just developed the quickly-sizing-people up by the way they look skill because it's something I had to use so much. Doing the same with composite pictures doesn't seem that different.
    I see different expressions but having a different expression doesn't make you a different person. The low emotional stability, low openness, and high agreeableness ones look physically ill to me based on their expressions and I think that's super unattractive. I don't think the composites quite look like real people though because they're too blurry. The High Agreeableness and Low Agreeableness males and High Conscientiousness and Low Conscientiousness females look the most different to me and the rest are distinguishable but still too annoyingly similar for my poor brain.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    I see different expressions but having a different expression doesn't make you a different person. The low emotional stability, low openness, and high agreeableness ones look physically ill to me based on their expressions and I think that's super unattractive. I don't think the composites quite look like real people though because they're too blurry. The High Agreeableness and Low Agreeableness males and High Conscientiousness and Low Conscientiousness females look the most different to me and the rest are distinguishable but still too annoyingly similar for my poor brain.
    No one is saying that facial features are the only factors in what makes a person attractive, if that's what you're disagreeing with. 'Having a different expression doesn't make you a different person' actually yeah, it seems to indicate that you are different person. Appearances don't just exist in a vaccuum. There's plenty of science out there finding that people are suprisingly accurate on their character judgements, just from looking at physical appearances. VI on this website is living proof that there's similar facial expressions between similar types of people. The paper in the OP is another example.

TIM
    Cyberbird
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    No one is saying that facial features are the only factors in what makes a person attractive, if that's what you're disagreeing with. 'Having a different expression doesn't make you a different person' actually yeah, it seems to indicate that you are different person. Appearances don't just exist in a vaccuum. There's plenty of science out there finding that people are suprisingly accurate on their character judgements, just from looking at physical appearances. VI on this website is living proof that there's similar facial expressions between similar types of people. The paper in the OP is another example.
    People tend to have more than one facial expression though. I feel like a lot of these could be the same person at different times. Others, clearly not (like the High vs. Low Agreeableness males.)

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    People tend to have more than one facial expression though. I feel like a lot of these could be the same person at different times. Others, clearly not (like the High vs. Low Agreeableness males.)
    It's possible. Imo there's a baseline facial expression that tends to represent a person's character pretty well. That baseline expression will change according to different situations and emotions, but even the way they react to those situations tends to fit with that character baseline.

The high openness eyes are one example of a facial trait I tend to see people either having consistently, or not having.

Also each of those composites were groups of people that had one particular trait especially low or high. Real-life people would probably show signs of all 5 traits (either high or low) - except the ones they're neutral on.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Baseline... yes.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

bottom cuter, top more attractive
    both meh, bottom slightly better
    top looks slightly happier, only difference
    top less attractive
    prefer bottom

So I like high agreeableness, slightly below-average conscientiousness, ambiverted, below-average emotional stability, and low openness.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

This is cool

For the guys...

I liked: High Emotional Stability, High Extroversion, High Agreeableness
    I disliked: Low Agreeableness, Low Extroversion, Low Emotional Stability

Overall confirms what I am into, though in real life I tend to also be into high openness.
    But I am guessing that the men with high openness in this composition were mostly "intellectuals", which is not my general preference.

For the women...

I liked: High Openness
    I disliked: Low Agreeableness

Pretty much true.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    The most immoral/destructive and fucked up dudes were the hottest to me. Figures.
    Fucking A. Same here. Low everything except extroversion. That was the high one. I'm doomed.

TIM
    ILI-Te/5w4/548/sx-sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went in blind with the first set of images.

With the female portraits, I had a definite preference for high agreeableness and high openness and perhaps a slight preference for low emotional stability and low conscientiousness. Extroversion I could take or leave. But my attraction to Delta NF girls is not news to me, lol.

More interesting to me was my opinion of the male portraits, I preferred low agreeableness and openness, and higher extroversion, conscientiousness and emotional stability. Maybe I feel more comfortable around my identical or mirror types when it comes to guys?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fucking A. Same here. Low everything except extroversion. That was the high one. I'm doomed.
    Hmm yeah. I don't think that I really want some immoral, destructive person- it's just I am so turned off by self-righteousness and pious virtue signaling that by comparison it is the more attractive option.

I clash with a group of people I call 'Heterosexual Angels.' I guess they're like you know, the Delta newsreporter people you see on tv or something? Or any very morally strict cop/judge type person I suppose.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For females:

I strongly prefer High Openness over every other quality.

I prefer High Agreeableness over Low Agreeableness.
    I slightly prefer Low Conscientiousness over High Conscientiousness.
    I slightly prefer Low Extraversion over High Extraversion.
    I don't have any preference regarding Emotional Stability scale.

For males:

I strongly prefer High Agreeableness over every other quality.

I slightly prefer Low Conscientiousness over High Conscientiousness.
    I slightly prefer High Extraversion over Low Extraversion.
    I slightly prefer Low Emotional Stability over High Emotional Stability (I kinda surprised myself, wasn't expecting this)
    I don't have any preference regarding Openness scale.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was most attracted to High extraversion, low conscientiousness, and both high and low emotional stability. I was definitely most strongly attracted to the high extraversion one

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    I did the test and it was quite difficult for me to dicide.
    My favorites ranked: "High Agreeableness" followed by "High Openness" and "High Conscientiousness".
    Similar to me.

Primarily for the women:

I liked high agreeableness, low emotional stability, high openness. (all of which sound like ESE traits)

Both extremes of conscientiousness were unattractive to me.

Extraversion - either is fine.

TIM
    FLVE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the women I liked high everything, for the men it was High Agreeableness, Low Conscientiousness, Low Extraversion, High Emotional Stability, and Low Openness. High agreeableness stood out to me in the males.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked the low emotional stability guy the best LOL.

Followed by high agreeableness.

They look IEI and SLE to me, respectively.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found High Agreeableness, Low Extraversion, Low Emotional Stability (!) and High Openness to be the most attractive in women. Very interesting, I suppose it aligns well with what I had previously thought.

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I very much prefer high agreeableness on both of those sets.

No wonder I have been attracted to 9s...

TIM
    SLI-N
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Among the pictures of the women I was most attracted to high agreeableness and high extroversion. What I find remarkable is how similar the group of faces in each figure is to each other, even as I understand that these faces are composites.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are just pictures of the same person with a slightly different expression. Garbage. I have litterally caught myself with a different expression in a similar manner.

In other words, I'm a superficial autist who cannot differentiate between them. They're all equally ugly.

To be fair though, when I took a test to decide if I could tell the emotions a person was feeling from their picture, I got litterally the same results as if I guessed. This was after multiple tries.

WAIT. If I look at it from far away (or in my case, without enlarging the photo), I can see it. I can see the colors. Quality. Loophole!

High openess. I like myself, apparently. Second pick is low extraversion.

Also, I know someone who looks like high concientious. Probably the case. She would also qualify for high neuroticism, although I'm probably the worst person to be around for someone who is incredibly conscientious. I scored a fat 0.

Lastly, high agreeableness seems to match the myth that people with non-parallel faces are better comedians. Hrrm.
    Last edited by Alomoes; 02-16-2019 at 09:08 PM.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I looked at the men, since I'm attracted to males, and determined that the most attractive Big Five type to me is whatever you call:

High Agreeableness
    Low Conscientiousness
    High Extraversion
    High Emotional Stability
    Low Openness

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

i found attractive in men: high agreeableness, low conscientiousness, high extraversion, low emotional stability (shocker), low openness
    the only women i found somewhat attractive were the high extroversion and high conscientiousness ones.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I don't find these composites attractive but I know what I prefer (mostly).

50-80% openness
    60-80% extroversion
    35-55% agreeableness
    40-70% conscientiousness
    25-55% neuroticism

These are ranges I think I can reasonably deal with if I am living with the person.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Open-ness..... hmm not sure. On paper I would like High Open ness a lot better, irl I am probably drawn more to people with Low. Not really sure though.

Conscientiousness.... More into people that are chillax/spur of the moment and don't plan so much. As long as it doesn't go too overboard. The other way would feel like I was dating my mom. Ugh. I love her but YUCK.

Extroversion.... usually more into other introverts actually. Contrary to what some ppl have thought about me on this forum I don't usually trust 'life of the party' people and they are really douche-y to me and I don't really feel that compatible with them. I like affection tho.

Agreeableness... that is the cateogry where both of those descriptions sound horrible to me and I would be really turned off by both those types so somebody that is more in the middle would be great.

Neuroticism ... prefer low I guess as long as they weren't too dense. This is where I think opposites would probably attract better.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This kind of asks for composites of all possible combinations. How capable of fracturing is your perception is going to be? Is it consistent among all combinations?

Anyway, one IEE classified me as kind of complex to understand what am I really about. This seems to be pretty much consensus of me. People are very perplexed of the first impressions I give and then knowing me.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This time when I looked at them, I sorted out low conscientiousness that I didn’t like, and high conscientiousness that I did like.

...I wonder what all this means....
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

High agreeableness>low emotional stability > low extraversion
    I find other faces unattractive

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Introverted psychos here i come

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

based on traits:
    Extroversion: I prefer introverted people in long term. It is easy to run hot headed intense interaction with extroverts but that becomes a problem later on.
    Agreeableness: I have no clear opinion. No extremes, please.
    Conscientiousness. No clear opinion although I like if daily stuff runs smooth.
    Openness: I can open up people. Some sort of suggestibility.
    Emotional stability: I have seen extremely neurotic people, please no. Extremely low: no thanks.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lol...

Low Agreeableness
    Low Conscientiousness
    Low Extraversion
    Low Emotional Stability
    High Openness

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chryssie View Post
    Lol...

Low Agreeableness
    Low Conscientiousness
    Low Extraversion
    Low Emotional Stability
    High Openness
    and mate of your choice is... grumpy impulsive ILI
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the 1st one best, upper left, for men. Who dat?

I consistently score-
    O- Extremely high
    C- Low end, though not extremely so, around 40, it always says "low" though, not average, rip
    E- Usually low end, though not extremely so, usually between 30 and 40, one time I got 42 and was told to be "average", I recall I was feeling more social at this point in my life too
    A- Upper low to average, usually about 50, often says low or average I believe. I find this one interesting for myself considering I'm INFP in MBTI. May give IEI as a typing for myself more weight
    N- High

But yes, who is #1?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the last dude too, 2nd choice/immediate draw. So first person I like is high agreeableness and 2nd person I like is low openness, lol interesting. I do not share either of these traits myself (see above post for my big 5).

Interesting. Now I want to see the post on Big 5 correlations and Socionics type Perhaps this supports the dual theory after all

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    and mate of your choice is... grumpy impulsive ILI
    ILI r probs one of the most conscientious types

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    ILI r probs one of the most conscientious types
    Yes but mainly in their devotion. They can totally disregard things that are not important to them. Just see Donald Triplett. Was he exceptionally good citizen without assistance in practical matters like schooling?
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    Yes but mainly in their devotion. They can totally disregard things that are not important to them. Just see Donald Triplett. Was he exceptionally good citizen without assistance in practical matters like schooling?
    Donald triplettt is ILE dumbass

Or at LEAST LII

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Donald triplettt is ILE dumbass

Or at LEAST LII
    Lol he is all about what Ni is you little IEI dandy.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liked

High conscientiousness
    High openness

TIM
    ILI-HN ?
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm attracted to :

High Openess
    High Consciousness
    High Agreableness
    Low Emotional Stability
    Low Extraversion

Still unsure about my type but I'm leaning towards ILE/IEI/SEI . In Big Five I score RLUXX tho (with a huge preference for unstructured)
    If RLOAI is INFJ that would suggest ILE ?

TIM
    Intuitive
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast