Thread: Which relations allow partners to be able to talk about anything?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which relations can talk about anything?

Hello!

I've read before that duals can talk about everything under the sun. Conflictors, on the other hand, for sure can't... How about the ability to talk about anything? Which relations aside from look a like relations (that are said to be able to talk easily about anything) allow both partners within the relations to be able to talk about anything?
    Last edited by Pastel; 10-29-2017 at 08:18 AM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pastel View Post
    Hello!

I've read before that duals can talk about everything under the sun. Conflictors, on the other hand, for sure can't... How about the ability to talk about anything? Which relations aside from look a like relations (that are said to be able to talk easily about anything) allow both partners within the relations to be able to talk about anything?
    Identical!

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes, identical is a good bet I think. I'd count in Mirrors, too. You stimulate the creative and ignoring which creates depth in conversation. I have a female EII friend that I can talk to about all sorts of creepy stigmatized psychology things even if we have quite an age difference (30 years). #NeFiIsAgeless

What about benefactors?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Positive relations with one's parents are the relations that allow them to be honest with someone else.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Yes, identical is a good bet I think. I'd count in Mirrors, too.
    I agree on these two. Mirror has less understanding, but more stimulating

Of course there are always differences in individuals that may distort this, but generally speaking.

What about benefactors?
    I don't think so.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

where people get pleasure from each other even in silence

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like I can talk to most SFs about anything... but there's just huge gaps where the NT should be, and it's obvious. Still very positive overall.

I feel like I can talk to LIIs about most things... but we're both so negative, we get into a hole ;___;

I prefer dual for talking about "anything"

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Positive relations with one's parents are the relations that allow them to be honest with someone else.
    I disagree. That would certainly help, it's just not required. Hi, my hand is raised in the air for this one.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Duals can talk about everything under the sun?

I'm not so Ti polr, because I can talk well with lii. or lsi. - In real life.

Not in forum. Because forum was like, Especially lii they're like wuutttt?

TL;dr

TL;dr

With ili, my one friend was an ili. And she likes me, because I'm likable lol. jk. Intuitives like me.
    - Oh because I'm a good listener in real life.
    But sometimes i get tired with her conversation. like sometimes it's just too much to handle lol.
    Probably Ni. I somehow seem exhausted by too much Ni.

I can actually listen, but too much Ni aren't good on me, it will eventually tire me out.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Most types can freely talk to any other type about anything when both feel that they have nothing to lose. I have witnessed competing duals who wouldn't communicate about even the most trivial subjects, and conflict partners who talked in very revealing ways because they worked in entirely different areas and really didn't care what the other thought.....

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For me it's Mirror and semi dual.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Types that egg me on to be more brutal/sadistic & less nice: eie/other ieis sometimes

Type where I feel I can say almost anything w/o being judged: SEE, semi-dual. <3 Also ILE in close 2nd place.

Type where I feel more careful what I say to them but only because I usually like them so much: SLE

Type thats easy to talk about moral issuez. Benefactor ring: LII & ESI.

Type that rants often about things I don't like and it makes me uncomfortable: lie/lse

Delta type I like the most: IEE.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Identicals, with Mirrors a close second.

You can develop a deep, meaningful friendship with these types as you naturally understand what the other person wants.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The in-quadra or other "good" relationships, where partners have similar intelligence and interests. It's really not that complicated, the closer you truly are with someone the more comfortable you will be talking to them about anything.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrows View Post
    Duals & mirror. These go in my "4 hour conversation" category. Rarely do either types offend one another.

I feel like I can talk to my supervisor about anything and they understand- but I just feel unwise and unknowing around them. IEIs are quite compassionate though.
    Honestly, I agree. I still need to check of whether he's my mirror though, and we get absolutely nothing done.

Supervisor is kind of eh. I do not feel that to be true, as he tends to be worried for my sake in the future. As such, I need to justify myself to him. If I can't, then whelp. He's backed off a bunch though. I think it is because he's meeting people who are probably in worse states than I am, and it also finally clicked that he has better things to worry about. As of usual, pretty much nothing he says helps me, nothing I do pleases him, and more often then not, he'll cherry pick things and say the world is going to end for me if I don't shape up. Things, that statistically don't matter. I guess it could be said that you really can say anything to a supervisor, and nothing will really change, short of insults and threats, or making him think you are crazy. Hey, I don't know, maybe you shouldn't be open to your supervisor, they'd probably just have more information to attack you with.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko