Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type Me!

Hi there!
    Can you lovely peoples type me?

Here is a questionnaire:

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?

Psychology and people. I went to undergrad for a psychology degree, and my friend asked me to help him write inspirational, motivational blogs. I don’t like the monotony of it, but I like helping reshape peoples’ perspectives. I don’t like the narrow scope of it.

What are your values, and why?

I value competency and consistency. I value consistency in values. A person does not have to live with the same values, but they have to be consistent in how they present themselves. I do not like hypocrisy at all. I also value curiosity because I want people to be open to different ideas and things in the world, and not just be stuck in their own bullshit.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?

I hate that question. I don’t really pay attention to any particular routine, because I don’t pay attention to the details, so everything is kind of a blur. I like reading and learning about psychology, technology, different cultures, dogs. And I also like eating out and doing some entertainment things. So, I’m halfway in between a homebody and somebody who likes to go out. I enjoy learning and exploration and I like exploration and having different experiences. I don’t like doing things on a weekly basis.

Describe your relations with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?

I usually have a lot of internal conflict between myself and others. On the surface, I can get along really well, and I know how to connect with them to get along, but ultimately, I don’t feel like they understand the underlying meaning of things that are important to me.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships? For friends, I look for consistency and intensity. I also like it when something sticks out about them, good or bad, that I want to figure out. For romantic relationships, I look for consistency, kindness, intellectual stimulation, passion, curiosity, and reciprocity.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?

I have conflicts with other people for reasons that stem from incompetency and lack of consideration. On a more regular basis, conflict comes from mistakes, stemming from incompetency. Miscommunications also cause conflicts.

How would your friends describe you?
    Words that come to mind are: firecracker, demur, behind-the-scenes, “You don’t know what’s coming”, very easy-going, hard-to-read, empathetic, intelligent, analytical, calm, understanding of people, and emotionally fickle. I’ve had people say that I’m basically their translator for interpersonal dynamics.

What do people generally see as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

People generally see me as tenacious and persistent. I’m a skilled writer, and I’m able to put complex ideas into simple terms. I’m easy to get along with. People generally say that I’m courteous and kind.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?

I’m overly analytical. I can be very stubborn and kind of emotionally intense and dismissive. I’m also too hard on myself. I’m kind of resistant to change.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?

I’m good at figuring out my emotional life. I’m good at putting together conceptual ideas and I’m a quick learner of ideas. I’m good at synthesizing ideas, which is useful for work. However, I’m not very good with practical details, such as those relating to keeping a calendar and doing admin types of things.

What things do you dislike doing? What things do you enjoy more than others?

I hate doing things that I have to maintain details with. I hate maintaining a schedule and I hate making sure that people don’t screw up on details. I’d rather focus on ideas and concepts and coming up with a plan or solution.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?

I want to be financially stable and I want to be successful and not be mediocre. Basically, I don’t want to be stuck in my life and I want to move upwards and strive for improvements. I just don’t want to be in the same spot a few years from now. That’s constantly what I’m doing – I always want to strive for change.

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?

I would still try to live frugally and then use my money and then use my money for whatever I felt like doing. Some money would be spent having fun and other money would be for charity. And some of it would go toward extra degrees because I would want to learn and learn from other people, too.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?

I don’t mind people that are moderately non-PC or have controversial beliefs. The trait that tends to irritate me are those who are too passive in life. I want to be around people who want to strive for more beyond themselves.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?

I try to keep it minimal. Too many things and clutter overwhelm me. Daily chores are necessary, but I drag my feet on doing them.

How do you behave around strangers?
    I observe them. I have a formal friendliness. I come off as very formal – other than that, I disengage

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?

I just kind of disengage – for the most part. But, if it’s bad enough, I will. If someone’s yelling at me, I will detach because I don’t want to fuel it. However, if it’s a calmer situation, I will engage directly. I don’t actively get into conflict, but I don’t appease people in that I don’t give in to people.

What is one common misconception that people have about things? Explain why it is wrong.

It’s a common misconception that morality is binary, and that what is natural is good, and what is good is natural.

What did you do last Friday?

Had quality time with my SO

If you are doing a video you can stop here or choose from the rest of the questions as you like.
    If you are answering in writing, please answer ALL questions.

What is your biggest accomplishment?

I think this is a dumb question because it depends on the context and it will change over time, so I really hate it.

What is something you regret?
    Manipulating people.

Who do you admire, and why?

I don’t admire anybody because that’s putting people on pedestals, which sets you up for disappointment.

What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?

Relationships, work, and the future.

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and why do you hold them?

I’m an atheist with a humanist bent. I don’t believe in a higher power, but I value peoples’ agency and potential.

What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?

I really dislike politics. I’m more of a centrist with a stronger bent on fiscally conservative stances and a touch of socially liberal views.

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?

Yes, because it would be a source of financial stability. I would like to do business consulting, using my expertise to help other people. I would like to be in upper management.

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?

I like semi-structured with a touch of playfulness and idea sharing. My ideal type of work would be in a think tank, with a variety of tasks with a purpose.

What is or was your favorite school subject and why?

I liked research methods, logic, and statistics because I like how you could apply data to practical applications.

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?

Naturally, I’m very type A about getting stuff done, and you expect others to follow through, but over the years, I’ve become a procrastinator and I really don’t care about what other people do.

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?

I recently went to a different state and it was fun because I ate food and spent quality time one-on-one.

What were you like as a kid? How have you changed since you were a child?

I constantly asked questions. I was very stubborn. I was very cautious and hesitant and respectful. Also, very emotionally intense.

What was your high school experience like?

It was a blur because for most of it I was depressed, so I kind of took the role of a class clown, and I would egg people on.

Talk about a significant event from your life.

Why would I want to do that with strangers?

Do you like kids? Why or why not?

Kids are good from afar because I’m afraid I’m going to say something that’s not going to be kid friendly.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

Safety. I would want them to be well-educated and to know a wide variety of things. I would want to know that they are safe and have some common sense in navigating the world and avoiding danger.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

Yes, because I can’t figure out something about myself, deep down. Basically, if I’m trying to figure out an answer to something that I just can’t put my finger on, I get obsessive and fixated until I come to a resolution.

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

There’s too much individuality and self-centeredness and it’s really hard for people to see out of their own asses.

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?

I just go look for an alternative, or I give up depending on how bad I really want it. I consider the pros and cons.

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?

No, because I like to control things from behind the scenes. I’ve been called a puppet-master, kind of. I like indirect control.

How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?
    I get angry all the time – it’s usually related to people and my interactions with them – because of peoples’ incompetency and inconsistency.

What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?

My mom brought me some soup when I was sick.

What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?

I got sick.

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life?

I hate this question because it’s so trite.

What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?

I don’t know. Everything just kind of blurs together.

How do you dress or manage your appearance?

I’m either really dolled up or very casual. It depends on my mood, basically.

Do you like surprises?
    No.
    Last edited by DEFUNCT; 04-08-2019 at 07:08 PM.

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't scrutinized this thoroughly, but I have read through all of it. You seem ENFx as a first impression. I'll probably give a more detailed analysis when I have some more time. Keep in mind that I'm pretty inexperienced with this, and so I don't know if my impressions are consistent or correct. So, my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It would be easier if you answered all the questions instead of saying that you hate them etc. It helps give us a more complete view of how you think and come to conclusions.

Overall, I think you could be Delta, NF > ST. You seem to have a focus on people, relations, values (Fi), consistent values and disliking people that change their own values frequently (IJ > EP ; In my view at least). Dislike of Se; wishing to be more of a behind the scenes influence instead of out making things happen.

Have you looked at EII at all?

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    It would be easier if you answered all the questions instead of saying that you hate them etc. It helps give us a more complete view of how you think and come to conclusions.

Overall, I think you could be Delta, NF > ST. You seem to have a focus on people, relations, values (Fi), consistent values and disliking people that change their own values frequently (IJ > EP ; In my view at least). Dislike of Se; wishing to be more of a behind the scenes influence instead of out making things happen.

Have you looked at EII at all?
    I was thinking IEE > EII because of things said about details. Gulenko describes the EII as "Meticulous, demonstrates attentiveness in dealing with details"
    and that an EII "Becomes bogged down by the details of her work, thus often overworking herself." He writes for the IEE, "Doing meticulous, detailed work is not for him. For him, it is difficult to follow schedules and timetables. He doesn't take well to strict discipline, has little respect the formal subordination" and "He often doesn't go into the details but will instead grasp the general meaning. Due to this, he doesn't always listen to another person to the very end before coming to a conclusion and voicing his advice, which results in others feeling misunderstood" and "However, it is because the IEE does not bother with deep study of details that he or she can easily explore new areas of knowledge, grasping all that is the most interesting in a given sphere."

Does this fit @BenGen ?
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be easier if you answered all the questions instead of saying that you hate them etc.
    Saying that you hate a question points toward personality traits, so you're not looking at the questionnaire objectively or from enough angles.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEE is definitely on the table, I had been thinking of that as a possibility for a little while. I don't type based off of descriptions like this, I look for Information Elements and perceived strengths of each one and sort accordingly, along with overall quadra values and the like.

While IEE isn't ruled out necessarily, if this were an IEE I would expect much more Ne generating of ideas and more complete (too complete) answers. Etc.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karatos View Post
    Saying that you hate a question points toward personality traits, so you're not looking at the questionnaire objectively or from enough angles.
    Wow, I never would have thought of that without your amazing insight.

It doesn't matter if saying "I don't like this kind of question" points to favoring an IE or not, more information and fleshing out WHY you don't like that sort of question (and still answering it after) would still generate more useful information. OP did this for some questions and not for others, and it would be helpful if they did it for the rest.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're welcome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't matter if saying "I don't like this kind of question" points to favoring an IE or not, more information and fleshing out WHY you don't like that sort of question (and still answering it after) would still generate more useful information. OP did this for some questions and not for others, and it would be helpful if they did it for the rest.
    Well, which ones would you like further clarification on?

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj and probably Enneagram type 6.

Edit, to add a bit of explanation: I see comfortable use of Fe and a specifically EIE kind of emphasis on life transformation/learning in a progressive fashion over time. There’s frustration at people who are too self-centered and not willing to be part of the group for the greater good that seems Beta NF to me. Puppet master/manipulative abilities typical of but not limited to EIE. I don’t see use of Se but can’t determine if Se disliking or seeking so no comment there. Role function not clear but I could see Te role.

Would like to see photos for help in typing.
    Last edited by MrsTortilla; 04-05-2019 at 09:37 PM.

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE is definitely on the table, I had been thinking of that as a possibility for a little while. I don't type based off of descriptions like this, I look for Information Elements and perceived strengths of each one and sort accordingly, along with overall quadra values and the like.

While IEE isn't ruled out necessarily, if this were an IEE I would expect much more Ne generating of ideas and more complete (too complete) answers. Etc.
    I was thinking that the op's comments on details points towards Ni ignoring rather than demonstrative. I generally only use the descriptions if there's a clear connection to information elements, which there usually is. I try not to look to hard into it so that I don't create meaning where there is non. Random behavioural traits are almost always useless for typing unless there are enough of them that correlate.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenGen View Post
    Well, which ones would you like further clarification on?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTortilla View Post
    ENFj and probably Enneagram type 6.
    Thanks for your thoughts. What points towards ENFj over ENFp or INFj?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the first question is a trite philosophical question, but I value pursuing going beyond myself and making an impact.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think the first question is a trite philosophical question, but I value pursuing going beyond myself and making an impact.
    What sort of impact? How do you plan on going about doing this?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What sort of impact? How do you plan on going about doing this?
    That will unravel over time. I can't definitively set my plans because things change over time. But I guess help motivate people towards long-term positive behavioral change.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What sort of impact?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's about time.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@darya @Tearsofaclown do you think BenGen sounds EIE?

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@BenGen - thanks for the lovely photos although it might be even more helpful to see multiple facial expressions. Anyway, I’m still feeling very comfortable saying EIE for you at this point.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your thoughts. What points towards ENFj over ENFp or INFj?
    Of course I can’t be sure about an online typing, but I think IEE/EII are less likely to admit to being able to manipulate others. The puppet master thing really doesn’t strike me as Delta at all. Also I have known many EIE’s who are very driven towards helping people transform their lives for the better.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@thehotelambush What type do you think BenGen is?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@thehotelambush What type do you think BenGen is?
    The questionnaire answers were all over the place. If I had to hazard a guess, LIE? Or EIE? Not clear at all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you! @MrsTortilla @thehotelambush: I seem to identify the most with EIE-Ni 3w4|5w6|9w8 sp/sx.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I seem to identify the most with EIE-Ni
    think about IEI

photos is much worse source for nonverbal than video

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    think about IEI

photos is much worse source for nonverbal than video
    Why IEI? Does the socionics/tritype combo seem off?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Why IEI?
    my intuitive impressions from your nonverbal (by those photos) are closer to IEI than to EIE. also you seem to have F by the same. other is lesser clear

> Does the socionics/tritype combo seem off?

socionics has no type combos
    you may to have different balance of functions, different skills in their regions
    and nontypes reasons which shift your behavior closer to other types. alike a tired or more anxious human may be more restrained and such behave closer to introverts

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESFP? I want to say but I do need a side profile picture please
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

video
    Creep.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@darya @Tearsofaclown do you think BenGen sounds EIE?
    @golden she's my girlfriend. Do you think she's EIE

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my intuitive impressions from your nonverbal
    ur a dirty sensor.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    ESFP? I want to say but I do need a side profile picture please
    That will unravel over time.
    Not 1D Ni.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Not 1D Ni.
    Yes 1D Ni
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes 1D Ni
    Lol. Not 1D Ni.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lol. Not 1D Ni.
    Why don’t you take your aggressive attitude somewhere else. I have no need for it
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

“I constantly asked questions. I was very stubborn. I was very cautious and hesitant and respectful. Also, very emotionally intense.“

Sound SEe to me

“I usually have a lot of internal conflict between myself and others. On the surface, I can get along really well, and I know how to connect with them to get along, but ultimately, I don’t feel like they understand the underlying meaning of things that are important to me.”
    -

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why don’t you take your ... attitude somewhere else.
    No.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast