Thread: Ave does a questionnaire

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Ave does a questionnaire

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?

I'm kind of in between two potential occupations right now. IT technician and actor. I like them both, but acting is my dream.

I like IT because I get to solve problems for people and get to use my mind + hands simultaneously.

I'm good at doing impersonations of people, making them laugh, entertaining my friends. I get inside someone's head and, on the basis of my own personal experiences, imagine what a character in a play or film would be feeling in a given situation, (supposing I have lived such situations before myself), and thus evoke the emotions in my own psyche. I am constantly told I am good at acting too, and I think wasting potential is sad, so I want to go for it and make a career out of it.

The lifestyle that comes along with acting is something I enjoy too - I hate going to work and having my day planned out for me the same way, day after day. Too many rules stifles me as well, and most "conventional" workplaces have lots of them.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?

These days I'm unemployed, so I'm kinda twiddling my thumbs unfortunately. The current lockdown situation in Belgium makes it so that there isn't much to do anyways. I go on the internet, listen to music, come on these forums and chat with people over social media.

I'm interested in the "occult", not gonna lie. As a hobby I like to lift weights, I like to be in shape and challenge myself to lift more and more on the compound lifts, even if my numbers are nothing record breaking it's a challenge I pose to myself. I can't lift weights for the moment though because gyms are closed. I also listen to music, I like music that evokes deep feelings, a mix of melancholy and excitement, for example new wave, darkwave, synthpop. I also like music that is layered, industrial for example. I listen to alot of other styles too, it depends on my mood. I like to read, fiction and non-fiction. I like fiction that stimulates the imagination, for example, horror, sci fi, heroic fantasy.

What are your values, and why?

Authenticity, integrity, being true to self, respect for others, reciprocity, being oneself, kindness

I think my values are what it takes to get along with others in a dignified fashion, though I am not saying they are in any means complete in that regard.

Describe your relationships with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?

I value stability and reliability in my relations, I can't stand people going in and out of my life, it makes me feel used and toyed with.

With my family, I find the older members more reliable and "there" for me. The younger people are not there unfortunately, I want to see my brother more for example, same with my cousins, but they're all so busy with their little lives, never call, or probably even think of me. Such is life.

I have quiet a few lifelong friends. I admire their loyalty, and the fact they stuck with me all this time. I like spending good moments with friends, just goofing around and talking about recent experiences.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?

I like someone I can have fun with, but also someone reliable. Those qualities are a rare mix it seems.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?

Pass/NA

What are your strengths? What do people like about you? What do you like about yourself?

Imagination, being able to impersonate others, entertaining them, picking up subtleties in music also. Those are my strengths. I'm also decent at interpreting symbolism and dreams, if I want to, though usually I find this kinda useless.

I'm not sure what it is people like about me. Maybe I entertain them well? I like that I'm curious and imaginative, have a sense of integrity, have a sense of humor and can express myself. I like that I can impress others through my appearance, if I want to, though sometimes I just neglect it, which is something I am working on, being more attentive to how I present myself and take care of myself. Not that I'm neglected but sometimes I let myself go a bit too much before realizing it.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?

I think I have trouble maintaining stable relations with others. I get angry too easily.

I think I pressure others too much in relationships, as much as I try not to.

I dislike that I can't just let go and be detached, in my personal relationships. I can't be indifferent to others, even if I pretend I am. I wish I could turn off my reactivity and hypersensitivity, if I wanted to.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?

Not sure. I like to see myself as autonomous and not needing help, I hate asking for it on a regular basis. I'm not autonomous though, but I am blind to this question as I need to think more about it.

I guess, upon reflection, I am very self-aware and yet noone is self-aware to the point of having to ignore others feedback, if they were they'd probably not be self-aware at all, but blind.

I don't know how to answer this question.

What things do you dislike doing? What things do you enjoy more than others?

I dislike doing chores around the house but I can be ok with it if I don't have to do them constantly. I dislike administrative tasks.

I like listening to music, because I can just let my mind go and daydream, think, etc. Lifting weights makes me energetic.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future, and why?

That's what I'm currently trying to work out.

I guess I would like to meet someone to settle down with and even have children, as normal as that sounds. It would be nice, with the right person.

If you won the lottery and didn't have to work anymore, what would you do?

I'd be bored because the challenge of doing something with my life would be gone. I guess I would rot in my corner...why would anyone want to win a lottery? It's a trap.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?

I like people who say crazy, outlandish things. I like people who like the unusual. Nerdiness is cute sometimes.

I am annoyed by excessive concern as much as by being ignored.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)?

I don't do much, really. My room and house are kinda bland, usually I try to keep it clean and ordered but even that type of upkeep can get tiring. I have a couple accessories that stand out from the white walls in my room.

In what situations or times in your life did you feel most fulfilled, and why?

I felt the happiest with my first girlfriend as a teenager, as well as with a recent encounter I had with a girl. I guess I feel best when in a relationship with someone, but not just anyone. I've happy with very few people (two to be exact) on a romantic level. Not even sure it was equally requited the second time.

How do you behave around strangers?

Depends. On my mood, first of all. If I'm feeling gloomy, I'll minimize interaction. In a good mood, I'll joke around and try to establish contact. I enjoy the contact with certain strangers and keep a memory of them usually. It also depends on how I feel the person to be.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?

Again, it depends alot on my mood and state of "readiness". I usually try to and stay reasonable and not counterattack too much to avoid things escalating, in a dispute; however if things reach a point of no return, and I am feeling attacked, I can use strong verbal attacks. It's hard to get me to be physically aggressive though. I've only been in two fights in my life, and tried to minimize contact, though I never actually lost, and won once.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

It happens often. Often it's caused by having alot of things to do at once and not being able to break those tasks down into smaller tasks so to take things step by step - I see it as a mountain. Usually, I try to make lists but I can be lazy and sometimes don't really feel like doing this - but this is the best solution. Making lists, and breaking the tasts down into smaller tasks, visualizing how I will do it and feeling in my body how much energy I have in reserve to execute those tasks.

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?

Probably not. Because then that would be my whole life, and I want freedom, not being tied down to a business I need to take care of. Plus I'm not overly interested in making money for its own sake. I like money of course, but calculating profits is not my thing.

How do you dress or manage your appearance?

Usually, I keep it simple and down to earth, with jeans or shorts and t shirt, hoodie, sweater, etc. I like to combine the aforementioned things with a fancier jacket for example. I like having a striking presence. I like dark tones, too, and people who wear them, so I try to look the same. Sometimes I can also wear white t shirts, but ones that have logos and designs. One girl I dated said my t shirts were something.

What were you like as a child? How have you changed since then?

I was very introverted and liked to read alot, daydream etc. I liked to remember my dreams. I was into science.

I think I became much more extroverted as a teenager and as an adult. Science was replaced by philosophy in my late teens, twenties. But now I'm re-discovering science, which is nice in a way.

Do you like kids? Why or why not?

I guess. It depends on the kid. Some have really nasty personalities and others are really kind. Kinda like adults. Usually I like them more than I dislike them.

If you are doing a video you can stop here and/or choose from the rest of the questions as you like.

How do you feel about attention? Do you seek it out?

I like attention, yeah. I do kinda, I think that's apparent by my answers up until now - entertaining friends, impersonating others etc.

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?

I don't see responsibility as absolute, but once you accept a responsility, it's on you. Changing after that point would be, for lack of a better word, wrong. I expect honesty and openness in communication. If you don't want to see me for now, at least tell me. Don't keep me guessing.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what approach would you take, and why?

I would be concerned they would get bullied in school. That social media would turn their minds into mush. That they would not adapt well to an adult life and that they would make mistakes, and yes, I know people have to make their own mistakes.

What is your biggest accomplishment?

Pass

What was (or is) your high school experience like?

Pass, this was so long ago.

What is something you regret?

Pass

Who do you admire, and why?

I admire people who keep going in life and stay true to themselves and their values despite pressure to change.

What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?

A failed relationship with someone I really liked. I've also been finding the lockdown painful. I've been a bit depressed the past few weeks, for these reasons.

What are your spiritual or religious beliefs and why do you hold them?

I don't really have any "beliefs", I like to study different teachings, for example Fourth Way. I also like to study various symbol systems.

What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?

I don't care too much about politics. I used to be libertarian, but now am pretty much a centrist. I want government to provide for healthcare that's something I care about, also, freedom of speech. I think politics should mostly be something that fades into the background noise of society's other activities - things like free speech and freedom of religion allow us to live our lives with less interference, but in themselves aeren't guarantees for happiness. Happiness comes from other things, but requires from as a prerequisite.

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?

I want some flexibility, I don't want to feel like I have no freedom at work. I want things to be a challenge and to be respected in that I don't need to be watched in order to make sure I'm falling in line.

I also need to get along with collegues. I can't stand a toxic environement, and it scares me to think of future work environments being that way.

What is or was your favorite school subject and why?

Theatre I had fun in and was good at, but some of the drama kids were cunts. Biology I did good in.

What is one common misconception that people have about life? Explain why it is wrong.

People let others tell them what is "out there" without experiencing it themselves. People read holy books and watch self-help videos and try to explain life through theories but those theories are someone's else take on their experiences, not yours. Live life for yourself and draw your own conclusions, don't ever take it from someone else.

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?

I went to the Belgian coast, mostly just trying to get away from daily life and change sceneries. It was alright, kinda calm and boring because I was alone, which is kidna what I wanted but also I got bored because I had no activities planned.

Talk about a significant event from your life.

No that's a bit too personal.

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

People just want to work for money and don't question whether the current system is really the best for them. They think's normal, just money money money. They don't see work as something that can also bring self-development and fullfillment.

I guess those other people just don't really care if work is fullfilling or not.

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?

I tend to really like Einsetin's quote "insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, and expecting a different result". I don't really have one single approach to getting what I want. If one thing doesn't work, I'll try another. I don't keep butting my head into the wall hoping it will break before my skull does.

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?

Leadership roles are not easy, especially managing a group. Different people often don't like each other, you have to manage tensions without taking sides, even if you want to sometimes. You sometimes have to take decisions some people don't like. Even if you want to please everyone, it is impossible, and you (or at least your actions) will always be criticized.

How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?

I used to get angry alot more often than I do today. I would get upset at little things, things people did or said. Now I control my anger more but I can be reactive nonetheless.

Lack of accountability in personal relations makes me angry. Like if we're planning to do something together, and something has come up that you have to change your plans, tell me asap. Don't wait til I ask you for confirmation, be correct and tell me. That is one thing that didn't work out in my last relationship, I felt a lack of personal accountability there on her part, and she didn't care to hear me out on this issue.

What is one unusual trait or ability you possess? What makes you special?

I can impersonate really well, like I said above.

What is your sense of humor like? Do you joke around a lot?

Yes. I tend to joke by mimicking others's behavior, but usaully when they are not around in the group unless I am sure they would be cool with it. If I'm attracted to someone, I'll poke fun at her on occasion to see her reaction, but only if I know she'll react well. I also play practical jokes, on occasion: back in Vegas they would give out these stripper directories on the strip, I cut out a picture of a male stripper in his towl and put in my (straight) friend's backpack so it would show. He took it well.

Your friend bursts into tears. What do you do? How does it make you feel?

I would just listen and see what have to say before doing anything. I might not feel anything at first, but depending on what it is, I might be very moved or not so much.

What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?

Not much has happened during the week.

What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?

See above

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life?

I think that is for the each of us to decide individually, on our own terms.

I find feeling emotionallty connected to all the stuff I've lived in the past to be meaningful. It's hard to explain, because we're talking something very personal that cannot be translated into something universal, except through abstraction (in which case it loses something)

What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?

I've been to alot of places, not sure what I'd consider the most interesting. I think travelling and moving around as a child and teenager helped me to see that not everyone thinks the same way everywhere you go, that people think the way they do largely because of their environments, and yet think "this is the way it is". It isn't.

Do you like surprises?

Depends on whether they are good or bad surprises.
    Last edited by WVBRY; 11-05-2020 at 08:42 PM.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do part time work, get 120$ together, pay Gulenko to type you. Problem solved.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Taco Bell was advertising $12/hr, ten hour shifts, free food. Plus, typed in one day.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Taco Bell was advertising $12/hr, ten hour shifts, free food. Plus, typed in one day.
    I find it very difficult to understand why ppl don't just pay for a professional's evaluation. Even from a Te perspective, one loses time attempting to figure one's type out, consequently one loses more than 120$ wasting time.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I find it very difficult to understand why ppl don't just pay for a professional's evaluation. Even from a Te perspective, one loses time attempting to figure one's type out, consequently one loses more than 120$ wasting time.
    In my High School, there were a number of professional guidance counselors who were there to help the students figure out what they should do with their lives.

They were all idiots.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand the value of getting "professional evaluation" but just like Adam said some can be idiots too. In my experience a lot of them are. It doesn't matter if the person is not considered a professional as long as they can and have deep knowledge of the topic and can explain their reasoning.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

In the mean time, ppl are finding it very difficult to understand this deference before authority.

Socionics 'professionals' have never seen eye to eye - the correspondence on their typings on SSS database would vary around 30-80% - as socionics has never been a coherent system. So how would you establish who's the authority there deserving of the cha-ching?

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Dude, I have enough money saved up. I've been thinking about doing this, too.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    I understand the value of getting "professional evaluation" but just like Adam said some can be idiots too. In my experience a lot of them are. It doesn't matter if the person is not considered a professional as long as they can and have deep knowledge of the topic and can explain their reasoning.
    Gulenko should be reliable if you understand his methodology.

There is one thing I disagree with in Gulenko's system and that is quadra progression since ime individuals of various from various quadras can sometimes adopt a personal philosophy that goes against their own quadra. And yet, for example, among famous people, you have Macron who Gulenko types as EIE, despite his individualistic and liberal philosophy. So maybe even this is not really a problem.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    In the mean time, ppl are finding it very difficult to understand this deference before authority.

Socionics 'professionals' have never seen eye to eye - the correspondence on their typings on SSS database would vary around 30-80% - as socionics has never been a coherent system. So how would you establish who's the authority there deserving of the cha-ching?
    WSS and Gulenko have different methods of typing people. I think both seem to have both seriousness and effort into those methods, but yes, they differ and thusly so do the results. I don't think either should be dismissed, perhaps being typed by several professionals might not be a bad thing.

You may or may not believe the result, but you will know that based on A,B, and C, your result is X, Y, and Z, in other words you'll have reasoning to back up the typing and the reasoning isn't random or something pulled out of someone's ass, at least not based on what I've seen.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its very simple: Gulenko has 30 years experience, he is trained in this and he isn't an English speaker, thus he does not need to rely on shoddy translations. Considering even his own book's English version is just a google translation.. my reasoning in favor of a professional should be clear: its more reliable. Plus I'm LSI and deferring to authority & quality information is in the description.

"In LSI's opinion, the behavior of a person needs to correspond to his position, otherwise public consciousness will be disoriented by models of the "unbecoming" behavior, which will lead to the destabilization of the social system. Respect for the authority - is one of the most important values of his intellectual structure. Orientation at authority - is an important motivation for many of his actions, that in many respects determine the nature of LSI's relationships and behavior." - Stratiyevskaya

Basic Ti , know your place within the structure / common sense. Gulenko's opinion > The opinion of random ppl on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    In my High School, there were a number of professional guidance counselors who were there to help the students figure out what they should do with their lives.

They were all idiots.
    Adam you are also an idiot :'>.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Dude, I have enough money saved up. I've been thinking about doing this, too.
    I suggested it, because you could potentially waste years on the forum and not get far.
    Last edited by SGF; 11-06-2020 at 06:49 AM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

its very simple: Gulenko has 30 years experience, he is trained in this and he isn't an English speaker, thus he does not need to rely on shoddy translations. Considering even his own book's English version is just a google translation.. my reasoning in favor of a professional should be clear: its more reliable. Plus I'm LSI and deferring to authority & quality information is in the description.

"In LSI's opinion, the behavior of a person needs to correspond to his position, otherwise public consciousness will be disoriented by models of the "unbecoming" behavior, which will lead to the destabilization of the social system. Respect for the authority - is one of the most important values of his intellectual structure. Orientation at authority - is an important motivation for many of his actions, that in many respects determine the nature of LSI's relationships and behavior." - Stratiyevskaya

Basic Ti , know your place within the structure / common sense. Gulenko's opinion > The opinion of random ppl on the net.
    This hasn't answered the question.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

and apologies to Uncle Ave for derailing his thread with alternate posts

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This hasn't answered the question.
    It has as far as I'm concerned. I won't repeat myself.
    As far as I'm concerned the opinions of ppl on this forum are worthless.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It has as far as I'm concerned. I won't repeat myself.
    As far as I'm concerned the pinions of ppl on this forum are worthless.
    It's sad that you think so.

What makes Gul's opinions so much worthwhile?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

From @Uncle Ave’s answers on the questionnaire, he seems to strongly value Fi over Fe. I’d say he could be an ESI in the form of Paul Newman, who also was a deeply private and ethical man who enjoyed acting.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adam you are also an idiot :'>.

I suggested it, because you could potentially waste years on the forum and not get far.
    Eh, maybe you take this too seriously.
    1. This is occult knowledge. No one's really an expert. There are varying degrees of sense and application in applying this. Some are better than others at doing that, but Gulenko isn't perfect. His DCNH has theoretical problems when it can overlap and obfuscate the original socionics theory.
    2. I've learned way more in life and had a lot of great and personal success by learning things on my own. I've built cars with no auto experience when people told me I wouldn't be able to. I've repaired electronics when people tell me I can't. I've learned to do proper electrical work when shitheads will just say to "hire a professional" when they could have offered some help instead. I do my own car maintenance when everyone is so obsessed with having a mechanic. I've even started helping people who have bad mechanics or need a good second opinion or someone to do work for them for a reasonable price. I do my own financial investments and almost always beat the average for the year; the one account I have with Edwards Jones with a small amount of money always does poorly, compared to my personal investments (for about 5 years now). I've even gotten into 3d printing and helped make tools and fixtures at work for people at an aerospace company. But there are some things I just don't want to do, like having a roof redone or woodworking or tinting windows, tiling, or plumbing, but I've learned that through experience too. Otherwise, how would really know?
    3. Because I'm not afraid to fail, if a company invests time in me, I'll eventually outperform my peers. And it feels good to learn and do things, even if I fail or spend more money in the process, that's worth the extra money in itself. And I do like being seen as a kind of expert that gets called in to fix the mess when everyone else is flailing.

Moral of the story. Most of the time, people like to pretend they know more than they do, or they want to stop other people from trying and failing and eventually succeeding. And maybe this is just a difference of values. But I'm a person that enjoys the process, especially if it's hard, frustrating, and stressful and in the end I succeed despite.

But I will concede that it gets a little tiring when people contradict each other so often on here and don't care or only seem to want to hear their own voice. That doesn't make anything clear at all and kind of defeats the point of discussing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This site is ridiculous. The fact that you typed & put thought into all of those answers OP, & people in the comments only going back & forth over it's it's worth getting professionally typed & how accurate their typings are. Why does a type me section even exist here then? No one seems to have these problems on other typology sites, & I've seen some "dumb strangers on the internet" give some really thorough responses.

I'll read it over & offer my opinion later.

Opinion is what anyone's typing is at the end of the day, anyway. For example, this guy named Damon Grey got typed by Jack from WSS as an SLE & then these guys who have their own channel that gets quite a few views & has a "type police" thing they do suggested that Damon was inaccurately typed. They think he's an LIE & compared him to this guy Taylor who's also typed as an SLE.

I'm sure SGF means it as good advice & I still want to get professionally typed myself, but if someone is willing wanting to ask the people on the site for our opinions on their type then that's up to them & we should respond accordingly. No one is the end all be all, either imo.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Uncle Ave

Just my impression, but you sound like an intuitive type; you describe imagination a lot and there's little talk about down-to-earth ideas or thinking or just sensory stuff in general.
    I'm also guessing you're an extrovert, by your own admissions of pressuring in relationships, not being able to be detached, and general reactivity described.
    What Adam said about Fi might be right, but I wouldn't rule out EIE. I think sometimes socionics like to pigeonhole certain things to certain dichotomies, but the way you describe relationships and what you want out of them seems just healthy to me and I don't know if that's necessarily Fi.
    Out of curiosity, do you think you are more Dialectical-algorithmic or vortical-synergist (per Gulenko's cognitive styles), or other cognitive style, when around other people? I'm only asking because I think what you said about impressions and joking and such could apply to LIE or EIE, though socionics probably says it's Fe.
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are LIE-Ni still most likely. Fi seems valued but vaguely fleshed out. You remind me of a delta NF (EII) almost though in your vibe, like Froody Blue Gem, only less “silly”.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlytherinPower View Post
    This site is ridiculous. The fact that you typed & put thought into all of those answers OP, & people in the comments only going back & forth over it's it's worth getting professionally typed & how accurate their typings are. Why does a type me section even exist here then? No one seems to have these problems on other typology sites, & I've seen some "dumb strangers on the internet" give some really thorough responses.
    Haven't you noticed by now?
    Being unhelpful, off-topic, and belittling is half of the forum.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    @Uncle Ave

Just my impression, but you sound like an intuitive type; you describe imagination a lot and there's little talk about down-to-earth ideas or thinking or just sensory stuff in general.
    I'm also guessing you're an extrovert, by your own admissions of pressuring in relationships, not being able to be detached, and general reactivity described.
    What Adam said about Fi might be right, but I wouldn't rule out EIE. I think sometimes socionics like to pigeonhole certain things to certain dichotomies, but the way you describe relationships and what you want out of them seems just healthy to me and I don't know if that's necessarily Fi.
    Out of curiosity, do you think you are more Dialectical-algorithmic or vortical-synergist (per Gulenko's cognitive styles), or other cognitive style, when around other people? I'm only asking because I think what you said about impressions and joking and such could apply to LIE or EIE, though socionics probably says it's Fe.
    Yeah, the descriptions of Fe, especially in EIE sound really unhealthy. But there has got to be healthy EIEs and healthy Fe too, right?

As far as the cognitive styles, I'm honestly not sure. The descriptions don't help me pin down which one I am. I find easier to judge by descriptions of EIE vs LIE. But the descriptions differ. Gulenko's descriptions of EIE works pretty well, as does his description of LIE. The WSS description of EIE doesn't seem to fit as well as I'm not realy oriented towards groups. Yeah the joking thing can be LIE or EIE as per the descriptions.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Also @Nobody I agree on me being intuitive. I certainly don't relate to sensing, it's the most obvious dichotomy for me to decide between.

I think Western adepts of Socionics shun the MBTI dichotomies, because they come from MBTI, as we fled from MBTI to socionics. At the same time, just because a method is taken from the MB label does automatically make it wrong - obviously I'm not saying MBTI dichomoties are a complete method, but in case of doubt it can be useful. I don't really want to debate this with anyone, not in this thread that is.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlytherinPower View Post

I'll read it over & offer my opinion later.

Opinion is what anyone's typing is at the end of the day, anyway. For example, this guy named Damon Grey got typed by Jack from WSS as an SLE & then these guys who have their own channel that gets quite a few views & has a "type police" thing they do suggested that Damon was inaccurately typed. They think he's an LIE & compared him to this guy Taylor who's also typed as an SLE.

I'm sure SGF means it as good advice & I still want to get professionally typed myself, but if someone is willing wanting to ask the people on the site for our opinions on their type then that's up to them & we should respond accordingly. No one is the end all be all, either imo.
    I'm pretty sure he means it as good advice, which it is frankly. But yeah getting typed by a profesional doesn't mean I can't listen to other opinions.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ave misses a videointerview

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?

I'm kind of in between two potential occupations right now. IT technician and actor. I like them both, but acting is my dream.
    This, and the fact that you have been here since 2005 and still don't know your type, makes me guess EIE.

EIE are great actors and they can also have incredible trouble typing themselves.

Sorry, I didn't read the rest.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Haven't you noticed by now?
    Being unhelpful, off-topic, and belittling is half of the forum.
    Yup just wanted to call them out on it. Someone needs to.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You have tried out LIE. OK, this is not really fitting for their style of life. You seem to have dynamic kind of processing. I think mb process dynamic type. You know your moods and not need someone to digest them with you. How 'bout the only beta that is left. Mb not alpha. Sounds bit radical.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    This, and the fact that you have been here since 2005 and still don't know your type, makes me guess EIE.

EIE are great actors and they can also have incredible trouble typing themselves.

Sorry, I didn't read the rest.
    I have been here and studied socionics for a while, yeah. The more long lasting self-typings I had were LIE and EIE. I also self-typed as ILI at first, but in the early days of this forum, everybody was an LII or ILI. I typed as ILI because I scored that way on a test and some things in the description fit, but I abondoned it because other things didn't.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    I think you are Fi/Te at the very least and quite likely LIE (Ni). But you miss a video-interview, and we can drag you… For a long time… You will receive a lot of typings... You can get typed by Gulenko, Jack, …

I don't think you are my supervisor, but maybe I just don't know you well enough to 'feel it'.
    One of my best friend irl is ILI-Ni. I am also good friends with @Suspiria who I type as IEI-Fe. I don't really feel like I supervise either of them, but I do feel like I give Suspiria advice which is probably related to the fact I am older than him and speak from experience, whereas my ILI friend is older than me and tends to give me advice, not the other way around.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

>> If you won the lottery and didn't have to work anymore, what would you do?
    > I'd be bored because the challenge of doing something with my life would be gone. I guess I would rot in my corner...why would anyone want to win a lottery? It's a trap.

Having more resources you strictly perceive as not more of possibilities to do but as lesser motivation to do something.
    Here you prefer negative motivation, what is victimish approach. It should not be Ne type which think by possibilites. In case of N type - Ni should to be.
    Te type would not see a drama in having something. At worst, Te just would give away or quickly spent the resources to get the initial state. A problem to give away, so this variant even was not supposed - Se value.

You seem to have F, Ni valued type. As you assigned yourself for long N type - it's hard to understand where you filter or objective about self description. And by talking style to distinguish S/N is hard. Video could to help.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you considered IEE?
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@aster

I haven't, why?

I have a hard time seeing myself as Si valuing. The whole delta mentality just seems so unlike my lifestyle. I am usually alert, ready, tense, etc, I have a hard time relaxing.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@aster

I haven't, why?

I have a hard time seeing myself as Si valuing. The whole delta mentality just seems so unlike my lifestyle. I am usually alert, ready, tense, etc, I have a hard time relaxing.
    No good reason, really. Sometimes you just remind me of Raver a bit. You do seem more Fi valuing to me though, imo.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You seem to be Fi valuing at the very least, but not Fi base.

I know you said you haven't thought of IEE but that is actually what I was getting from this thread. Lots of energy fluctuation - EP - and a fairly even focus between your inner world and the outer world which could fit with IEE. You like to look into people and assess their latent abilities, especially those whom you believe you have a close connection with - NeFi.

There also seemed to be more than a couple of Delta themes sprinkled in your writing, although these could have just been Te related.

Not Se ego. LIE still possible as well, but I'm leaning towards IEE.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skimmed it, but I can break it down better later. EIE?

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've gotten close to Ave within my first months of joining the forum. I don't want to derail too much from it, but I just wanted to say that I always saw him as a companion and spiritual guide who could disperse the doubts that clutter my vision, should the need for support arise.

He's seen me during my worst moments in life, and I don't say this proudly. But I think he knows me on a level that other forum members wouldn't, as a consequence. I also thing that I have come to experience his character quite differently, with a more personal manner of communication.

Never being quite sure of where to put Ave, I've always held the belief that he is an Ni-creative, Contact subtype. The lines between EIE and LIE got blurred from time to time, but I still do lean towards LIE-Ni for him, as of now. I do not experience with him the level of concentrated, base Fe statements that I otherwise have with others. For reference, I'm using golden again (the forum member), or Vex. What I do experience with him is a very focused approach to Ni that is being used as a tool in the most skillful ways possible (and which led me to believe he cannot possible devalue it, or even have Ni that is low dimensional). Yet, I cannot say that the way he handles matters of the soul, expressivity and sensibility are negligent (which seems to be LIE stigma). I think this can make a case for EIE for him, dichotomy wise; being attuned to emotions.

Coincidentally, Raver was one of the forum members that I spoke to in a warm companionship atmosphere from time to time too. Ave, while he might give off the impression that he can balance outer viewpoints and frames of reference as smoothly as Raver, is less concerned with that, and that's apparent once you scratch below the surface and get to talk to him a bit more. I can see where a comparison between Raver and Uncle could arrive, but going beyond that, I think it's a pretty superficial statement. Kind of in the same way the Aaron Something was compared to Thor because of their public musical persona.

If someone were to point a gun at my head and ask me to type Ave, I'd type him Ni-Creative. But if they asked me to narrow it down to either LIE or EIE, I'd probably choose death as I could probably use more time to ruminate. But I really want to live ;(
    I will come back to this later, after more examination. What should be taken out of this post though, is that I think he is a Ni-creative Contact subtype, with no other alternatives coming as close, from my point of view.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@BaruchJorgell do you have an opinion on my type at this point? Given the answers to your questions, which I provide here: https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1471778

I think we should could the discussion here as we are more on-topic.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@BaruchJorgell do you have an opinion on my type at this point? Given the answers to your questions, which I provide here: https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1471778

I think we should could the discussion here as we are more on-topic.
    Have you met any forum members in person? If so, did they have any opinions?

FWIW, your avatar pictures have seemed to me to be consistently ESI. Fi/Se.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast