Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoking

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    It fades quite quickly over time. I remember the first few weeks I picked up the habit. I pretty much got a kind of high out of each cig I smoked. After a bit, it became a literal habit. Started Jonesing for it if I dropped below 4-5 smokes a day. I was shocked and kinda grossed out when I learned that "smokers" went through 2-3 whole packs on average a day. Like when I learned that my former habit of drinking a few beers or shots a night was tame compared to those who downed entire fifths/handles a day. That's expensive as fuck dude! How the hell can you smoke/drink that much and still function on top of that?!

That and lack of funds. From a logical standpoint, if your resources take a hit, the first thing you sacrifice is your vices. If you do not or cannot, then you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you got a problem. And as we all know, admitting you have a problem is the first step towards fixing it.

I don't have any experience with that last one. Thankfully I'd say, if those withdrawal symptoms are physiological.
    xtc isnt physically addictive, and a hangover is way worse than what u get from a night of xtc

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I used to and I miss it. I will smoke and drink my little heart out again when I am 80.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I used to and I miss it. I will smoke and drink my little heart out again when I am 80.
    Drink destroys your life. Tobacco only shortens it.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Sounds good

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." — Some alcoholic no one's heard of

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Do you enjoy smoking and/or drinking alone?
    No i only do it socially

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally quit smoking last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smoking marijuana does not have any side effects. If you don't abuse it, it helps you on the contrary. If you are confused by the very best of smoking marijuana, you can try other products with cannabinoids. I prefer chewing bars from the site tillmanstranquils.com. But they have many other products with cbd. You can use massage oil or coffee with cbd. In any case, it will never harm your health. On the contrary, cannabinoids have a wide range of therapeutic effects. It's not for nothing that doctors prescribe medicinal marijuana in some cases. Insomnia, by the way, is among such cases.
    Last edited by Maggawyld; 02-03-2022 at 07:37 AM.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maggawyld View Post
    Smoking marijuana does not have any side effects.
    Untrue.

Cannaibis is way worse for your lungs than tobacco (supposing you smoke the same quanitity of each, which of course is not likely).

For people who are already feeling anxious and/or depressed, it can worsen that, and there is some evidence that it may increase the chance of developing latent psychosis in susceptible people.

It impairs motor skills while high and makes driving under its influence dangerous.

I'm not condemning cannabis use, I feel all drugs should be legalized, that said saying it has zero side effects is plain untrue.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate smoke in any form. It is incredibly obnoxious and gives me headaches. It's something I have to bring myself to tolerate when I am with family and friends, but I will occasionally smoke marijuana with them.

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've smoked socially, but habitually I don't smoke. I tried smoking when I was old enough to buy cigarettes just because I could, it took me three days to realize how stupid it was and I threw the pack out.
    Bound upon me, rush upon me, I will overcome you by enduring your onset: whatever strikes against that which is firm and unconquerable merely injures itself by its own violence. Wherefore, seek some soft and yielding object to pierce with your darts.

-Seneca

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    I hate smoke in any form. It is incredibly obnoxious and gives me headaches. It's something I have to bring myself to tolerate when I am with family and friends, but I will occasionally smoke marijuana with them.

You get high with your family?
    Bound upon me, rush upon me, I will overcome you by enduring your onset: whatever strikes against that which is firm and unconquerable merely injures itself by its own violence. Wherefore, seek some soft and yielding object to pierce with your darts.

-Seneca

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toro View Post
    You get high with your family?
    Yeah, with pretty much everyone except my great grandparents and the youngest kiddos. Grandma takes a toke, Mom takes a toke, uncles take a toke, cousins take a toke, everyone tokes. I kinda hate it, I’m more of an edibles person.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't smoke, but I eat edibles.

The carcinogens in smoking weed present a problem. Edibles don't have that problem.

Also, where I live, it's legal.

Occasionally I want to smoke something when I have a loss in my life. I never do it, though.
    Last edited by ILoveChinchillas; 03-04-2022 at 06:37 PM.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I smoke a pack a day (Signal blue kings...I like my Native American cigarettes) Currently out of cigs so I'm trying to get used to the vape again. I smoke a pipe occasionally. I drink a can or two beers most days. Working on my second can of Dogfishhead's Sea Quench hoping it will help me go back to sleep since I work the graveyard shift and have to drive almost an hr to get there even with light traffic and then have to fight rush hour traffic getting off work. It's another reason I smoke to help with my alertness (I have low blood pressure).

For the other stuff, I don't consume much cannabis compared to some people. I hate the cough and the Delta 8 gummies make me high for many hours and I am not really functional when I'm that stoned. THC also makes me go into super Ni mode and it freaks me out sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I smoked marijuana occasionally in high school but that was it. And the last time I got high was last year, when a coworker and I took edibles. Otherwise, I'm a relatively sober person; I wouldn't go out of my way to get high but if presented with the opportunity, I'll go for it.
    I'm similar with drinking, although I do this more often. At the 'worst', I used to spike my coffee with whiskey before I went to work. I did this a handful of times and only enough to make me tipsy, not wasted. Now, I just occasionally drink a glass of wine like a normie. Lol

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's something to be said about doing weed as a lifestyle. I've known people who are high 24/7 and I think it's good to be sober sometimes to understand and get a feel for who you really are as a person. It's really hard to measure success when you're high all the time.

TIM
    1w9 sx/so 145
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I smoke 2-3 packs of cigarettes a week these days, I don't want to smoke more than that level. I'm regularly quitting and 2-3 months later I start again for another 3-4 month.

I care less when I'm in my smoking period so it helps my anger issues. I think cigarettes are better than alcohol or weed when it's not too much, at least cognitively.
    It's bad for my skin though I can see that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear you; managing smoking habits can be tough. It's interesting how it helps with your anger issues, but yeah, the skin effects can be noticeable. Have you ever considered trying a bubbler pipe? It's a different approach that might offer a more controlled and enjoyable smoking experience. Exploring alternatives could help balance things out without going overboard. Keep experimenting till you find what works best for you!
    Last edited by ThomasWalsh; 12-04-2023 at 06:34 AM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the impacts it has on your health and appearance is not worth it

I cen get the addict mindset tho, it’s very short term reward

(…cancer is also a pretty horrible way to go)

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.

As a confession I don't want to associate myself with people who smoke. I don't want them near me. I've mentioned same concerns with some people that I've been avoiding because they have vices including smoking. Some of my family members were also smokers and the pain and disappointment the smell gives you is just immense. I LOATHED smelling it while growing up. I think the kid me didn't deserve to smell cigarettes and see people waste their life nonchalantly as role models. I deserve to have woken up everyday not smelling cigarettes, not seeing dirty cigarette butts and ash and not fearing if I would have bad lungs when I get older.

I also never see smokers who have good habits, they are mostly lost or think their job is a jail and they hate their job or their life. I tend to hear that they started doing it and got addicted because they wanted to try what their group of friends do or they want to look cool which I think are questionable. In my experience they also don't eat well, don't sleep well, their life is chaotic and most of the time they are alcoholics or would have other vices. If they're the same age as me, they also have the gall to offer me some and say it's not a big deal so I should try. Wtf. I also hate alcoholics because they say the same thing and they joke that you are a party pooper if you don't drink more than you're supposed to.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    I cen get the addict mindset tho, it’s very short term reward
    Nicotine more forms annoying dependency. It's very similar to forbidden drugs of stimulators. The harm is lesser, but the principle is the same.
    People during 2 hours feel negative symptoms, which normal humans do not have. They reduce productivity, may feel worsened emotions. Mainly to remove these (added by nicotine itself) problems they get another dose. "Reward" is secondary. It's similar how forbidden drugs work, which after a time become a "need".
    Other problem is - the smell annoyes people near. If you'll stay in a room where someone smoked near - even your clothes will get the smell and need be washed to removed it.
    Then: cancer risk, worsened air infections resistance, influence on preborn kids when used by women.
    The thing gives no social usefulness and does known harm. The main reason why it's sold is the ones who should do own duties by laws do not do that. New kind of that is sold now as vapes, which contain the same nicotine (or worse). Other doubtful substances appear in mass selling. Forbidden before drugs get legal status in some places, to lead to more harm against people.

The similarly questionned and same widely sold is concentrated ethanol (>13% vol). In 19th century in Russia were protests against mass selling of it. This thing also easier leads to mistakes in car driving, in doing different duties.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Nicotine more forms annoying dependency. It's very similar to forbidden drugs of stimulators. The harm is lesser, but the principle is the same.
    People during 2 hours feel negative symptoms, which normal humans do not have. They reduce productivity, may feel worsened emotions. Mainly to remove these (added by nicotine itself) problems they get another dose. "Reward" is secondary. It's similar how forbidden drugs work, which after a time become a "need".
    by addict mindset I do mean addiction and that is what an addiction is, brain releases dopamine in anticipation of the reward (there's a prob a lot more to it that I am not familiar with tho)

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if I ever tried smoking, I could easily get addicted to it. My sister started smoking after her divorce in her late 30’s. She used to say how gross it is. So my thoughts are, given the right circumstances, people could end up there. Even if they say never. Never say never and all that. I’m lucky I haven’t yet. My thought is to just never try and I’ll be alright. I don’t want cancer and unnecessary and early wrinkles. Also, that smell permeates everything.
    Last edited by Aster; 11-29-2023 at 04:17 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    SLI-Si 6w7 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    No.

As a confession I don't want to associate myself with people who smoke. I don't want them near me. I've mentioned same concerns with some people that I've been avoiding because they have vices including smoking. Some of my family members were also smokers and the pain and disappointment the smell gives you is just immense. I LOATHED smelling it while growing up. I think the kid me didn't deserve to smell cigarettes and see people waste their life nonchalantly as role models. I deserve to have woken up everyday not smelling cigarettes, not seeing dirty cigarette butts and ash and not fearing if I would have bad lungs when I get older.

I also never see smokers who have good habits, they are mostly lost or think their job is a jail and they hate their job or their life. I tend to hear that they started doing it and got addicted because they wanted to try what their group of friends do or they want to look cool which I think are questionable. In my experience they also don't eat well, don't sleep well, their life is chaotic and most of the time they are alcoholics or would have other vices. If they're the same age as me, they also have the gall to offer me some and say it's not a big deal so I should try. Wtf. I also hate alcoholics because they say the same thing and they joke that you are a party pooper if you don't drink more than you're supposed to.
    The smell of smoking is enough to make me never want to do it. Just smells way too disgusting. Smoking was super prevalent in Germany, can't walk down the street without choking on people's cigarettes smoke. I'm not sure it's less prevalent here in the U.S. so much as people tend to smoke when they're driving and such so it's not as noticable compared to Germany where everyone just walks everywhere.
    “Ah, children, ah, dear friends, don’t be afraid of life! How good life is when one does something good and just!”

TIM
    SLI-Si 6w7 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use nicotine pouches personally, I find that they give me good energy, more steady than caffeine which is more of a jolt. I like the brand Zyn the most. A lot of brands just don't hit like Zyn does.
    “Ah, children, ah, dear friends, don’t be afraid of life! How good life is when one does something good and just!”

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vape and I like it.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't smoke cigarettes, but I do vape. For me, vaping has been a cleaner alternative, and I enjoy the variety of flavors it offers. Currently, I'm using the Modus x Kado KB, and my go-to flavor is Mango Ice—refreshing and not too sweet. I always pick up my supplies from Nexus Smoke; they have a vast selection of devices, and the pricing is competitive. For example, the Modus x Kado KB cost me just $15 there, and it's good for 10,000 puffs, which is incredible value for money. If you're looking into vaping or just need some new gear, Nexus Smoke pricings are definitely worth checking out for good deals on a wide range of products.
    Last edited by fenix; 03-18-2024 at 08:16 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12