Thread: SEI Lockdown Blues

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SEI Lockdown Blues

MY SEI GF woke up this morning with a severe case of COVID-19 Lockdown Blues: life is boring and no longer fun with the current situation when you can't go anywhere because the restaurants and bars are closed, and events of all kinds forbidden.

So I fixed this problem in an Ne+Si way, and everything is cool again:

“I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cool. Did you order that or print it yourself?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does she normally do to enjoy herself?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ouronis; I printed it myself. I own a cheap laser printer, it's far from perfect with color printing, but with elementary colors such as in this print it works fine.

@FreelancePoliceman: in many different ways. On weekends she often goes do something with her SLI friend, e.g. a boot sale market, or to a sauna. We go to concerts and such, and occasionally dancing, but all such events are cancelled. All that's left for her to do now, is bake cookies.

For me it is a different story: this lockdown more or less fits my natural life style, especially since I don't have to work but am still getting paid ;-)
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ETA: the design was inspired by a tape from miami-based artist Trevor Something. If you're into electronic music (such as synthwave), check him out.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What types are the more likely to disregard any precautions, and move to or create secretive venues? In my neighbour hood, young XSFps and ISFjs, which I admit are anecdotal observations.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    What types are the more likely to disregard any precautions, and move to or create secretive venues? In my neighbour hood, young XSFps and ISFjs, which I admit are anecdotal observations.

a.k.a. I/O
    Of all my friends and acquaintances, two ILI’s have expressed near panic-level fears of contagion. The other ILI’s are not talking about their fears so much as they are simply disappearing from real world contacts. Next are the SLI’s. I get texts from my SLI son about the daily infection rates. His SLI mother refuses to leave the house except for solitary walks. Fe-PoLR?

My LIE friends don’t seem to care about COVID-19. They go to work as usual and rarely wear masks. Si-PoLR?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ummm... yes, one ILI seems to have gotten a special reason from COVID to shit himself whenever he sees a stranger.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

extroverts are weird... let her attend a digital minecraft concert or VRchat or an online DND group like the rest of us

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Of all my friends and acquaintances, two ILI’s have expressed near panic-level fears of contagion. The other ILI’s are not talking about their fears so much as they are simply disappearing from real world contacts. Next are the SLI’s. I get texts from my SLI son about the daily infection rates. His SLI mother refuses to leave the house except for solitary walks. Fe-PoLR?

My LIE friends don’t seem to care about COVID-19. They go to work as usual and rarely wear masks. Si-PoLR?
    lol... reminds me of a recent blog post about an ILI's disgust with society and COVID and subsequent attempts to quarantine their own humanity.... it says theoryfic but a lot of it's probably based on truth... they went on complete hiatus for about a month 0-o

https://nyxus.xyz/posts/sovereign-citizen/
    Last edited by Tzuyu; 10-26-2020 at 03:17 PM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    .........My LIE friends don’t seem to care about COVID-19. They go to work as usual and rarely wear masks. Si-PoLR?
    A minimum of 75% of the population likely needs to strictly comply with precautions in order to prevent a runaway spread. Some democratic third-world countries have much better compliance than your country so I would imagine that your LIE friends are not alone. It would seem that "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead" is a federal directive.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    @ouronis; I printed it myself. I own a cheap laser printer, it's far from perfect with color printing, but with elementary colors such as in this print it works fine.

@FreelancePoliceman: in many different ways. On weekends she often goes do something with her SLI friend, e.g. a boot sale market, or to a sauna. We go to concerts and such, and occasionally dancing, but all such events are cancelled. All that's left for her to do now, is bake cookies.

For me it is a different story: this lockdown more or less fits my natural life style, especially since I don't have to work but am still getting paid ;-)
    I've never known you could print to cardboard with a home printer.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    I've never known you could print to cardboard with a home printer.
    Depends on the printer. Officially my printer can handle to 165g/m2. The glossy paper used for the O-Card is 150g/m2, so it's not very thick cardboard, but good enough for this application. For J-cards (that go inside the cassette boxes)I use 135g/m2 glossy paper, mainly because that paper has a better glossy coating.

Most office printers can handle up to 300g/m2, which is kind of business card thickness. For more serious print jobs, I go to the copy shop.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next one in the series, this time one for myself and my brother-in-law:

Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since I like spending my time alone and can easily entertain myself in my apt, this whole being remote and not having much contact with people has worked really well for me. It's such a relief not to be interrupted all the time, not to having to try to warp myself into other creatures trying to survive socially, not having to deal with social demands. I feel safer from the outside world in my sanctuary that the outside world may bring down if this situation persists too long in unfavorable ways. Although the rate is slow I feel like some things inside me are starting to heal. If only there were not so much fear hanging around the edges of my perception, easily gaining entry (in and out all day like the tide), enough to fill up all of me. I'm trying to work with it, it's a lot of self-preservation anxiety because I feel that I am in danger.

I'm not currently afraid of catching the virus, but I avoid opportunities to catch it aside from foolishly taking public transit at times. The numbers aren't too high in my area though and I consider the odds low. I rarely catch colds anyway and in the past it's usually after working really closely to someone else who has one for an extended period of time.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    ETA: the design was inspired by a tape from miami-based artist Trevor Something. If you're into electronic music (such as synthwave), check him out.
    I love Trevor Something! This was a nice treat to read because I’ve never come across anyone who was also a fan.

Re post: things are mostly back to normal where I live, the only real difference is that you need a mask anywhere you set foot and a lot of businesses have changed hours, etc. I never take COVID seriously even though I should to be honest... I remember when the initial outbreak happened and everyone was required to stay home I still went out partying with friends on practically a daily basis (partying in their homes, anyways...).

My suggestion for you is that you introduce her to Reddit if she doesn’t know of it already because I’ve spent a lot of my lockdown times just reading through Reddit threads for hours with successful enjoyment. I also call people a lot.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚