Thread: Does anyone have mirage and dual in their life?

TIM
    ILI/ INTp
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Does anyone have mirage and dual in their life?

I've noticed a dynamic that I'd like some input on.
    I'll describe it and I guess you all can let me know if you agree/disagree/ have anything to add?

When in the throes of a mirage relationship, mirage partner keeps the other from their dual and/or makes them hesitant to interact with them (putdowns, jokes, making said person look bad)

I'm thinking this could be out of jealousy, sensing the other dual is a better companion, etc.

I noticed a person is either friends with their dual or with mirage partner never both. And when both are in the room things tend to get uncomfortable for one if not all involved.

My IEE friends hate my SEE friend for no apparent reason although I've been notably healthier and happier in her company.

I also noticed a lot of disloyal actions perpetrated by the extrovert mirage partners done to the introvert.

Ex: I'm ILI and my IEE friends tend to give me a feeling they can't be trusted 100%. I've always wondered if they're going behind my back or over my head about something then I shoo off the thought thinking I'm paranoid only to later be proven right.

My SEE uncle has secretly helped destroy his SLI "buddy's" marriage behind the scenes.

My questions:
    Has anyone been in/ witnessed the situation in red?
    Has anyone noticed the phenomenon in blue?

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the IEEs I've known hated the SEEs who were in my vicinity, though they seemed to hate other IEEs as well. One was into MBTI and identified as ENFP, when I asked her why she was annoyed by other ENFPs she said it was because "I know how they're thinking, they aren't as innocent as they seem, and they're competition". I guess SEEs are a similar kind of competition with Se base instead of Ne.

TIM
    ILI/ INTp
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Attis View Post
    Yeah the IEEs I've known hated the SEEs who were in my vicinity, though they seemed to hate other IEEs as well. One was into MBTI and identified as ENFP, when I asked her why she was annoyed by other ENFPs she said it was because "I know how they're thinking, they aren't as innocent as they seem, and they're competition". I guess SEEs are a similar kind of competition with Se base instead of Ne.
    Very true. I've had IEEs compete over me, one shittalking the other. Then again my IEE ex used to contact my IEE friend and speak with her behind my back when he was trying to get back together with me. I remember being suspicious of their communication. My ex was pleased when he heard my friend hadn't even mentioned to me that they had conversed. He said he was seeking advice with "dealing with me" which made me even more worried because they both had the same destructive habits I was breaking up with him for. I felt double-teamed in a way

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calm View Post
    I've noticed a dynamic that I'd like some input on.
    I'll describe it and I guess you all can let me know if you agree/disagree/ have anything to add?

When in the throes of a mirage relationship, mirage partner keeps the other from their dual and/or makes them hesitant to interact with them (putdowns, jokes, making said person look bad)

I'm thinking this could be out of jealousy, sensing the other dual is a better companion, etc.

I noticed a person is either friends with their dual or with mirage partner never both. And when both are in the room things tend to get uncomfortable for one if not all involved.

My IEE friends hate my SEE friend for no apparent reason although I've been notably healthier and happier in her company.

I also noticed a lot of disloyal actions perpetrated by the extrovert mirage partners done to the introvert.

Ex: I'm ILI and my IEE friends tend to give me a feeling they can't be trusted 100%. I've always wondered if they're going behind my back or over my head about something then I shoo off the thought thinking I'm paranoid only to later be proven right.

My SEE uncle has secretly helped destroy his SLI "buddy's" marriage behind the scenes.

My questions:
    Has anyone been in/ witnessed the situation in red?
    Has anyone noticed the phenomenon in blue?

Regarding the red part of the above,
    I had an LSI Mirage GF on and off for a couple years. Even though we were compatible in many ways, her mere presence kept me from looking very hard for a dual. However, I made it clear to her that I was looking for a dual.

Regarding the blue part of the above,
    I'm the extrovert in this equation, and the fact that I was and am looking for a dual while seeing the LSI may make me appear to be disloyal, but the way I see it, I was loyal to the verbal contract that we had. I made it clear to her from the first that I was looking for a dual. And I never cheated on her while we were seeing each other.