Thread: Conflict between Extroverted-Introverted side of functions.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Conflict between Extroverted-Introverted side of functions.

Last night I couldn't sleep because I was trying to figure out how focusing on some IEs extensively has worked for me in the past (before I knew Socionics and what IEs are).
    So I selected some "mental hacks" that I have used extensively during different stages of my life to achieve different results for different situations.
    I realized that there wasn't a single one that I could apply to all aspects of my life (That should be obvious btw)
    So here are some of them and how I think it conflicts with the antithetical approach for each case.
    PS: Notice that if you switch function X so that Xi >> Xe becomes Xe >> Xi and vice-versa, you get the opposite result that came from the first approach.

Be sincere - Fi. Too much of it causes loss of emotional sensitivity (Fi>>Fe).

Be funny - Fe. Too much of it causes loss of morality and authenticity (Fe>>Fi).

Do the most important things first - Te. Too much of it causes loss of logical structure (Te>>Ti) in work

Innovate - Ne. Too much of it causes loss of meaning/purpose (Ne>>Ni).

Keep record - Si. Too much of it causes loss of intellectual production (Si>>Se). conquering new information vs maintaining information.

Study it until it gets obvious - Ti. Too much of it causes loss of efficiency (Ti>>Te).

Become a better [person] - Te. Too much of it causes loss of internal consistency (Te>>Ti)

Use Route learning - Se. Too much of it causes discomfort (Se>>Si) and mental fatigue.

Take breaks - Si. Too much of it causes too much comfort (Si>>Se) and loss of endurance.

Change subject to keep things interesting - Ne. Too much of it causes loss of purpose (Ne>>Ni)

My conclusion is that I can improve the efficacy of my results by adjusting how much "extroverted or introverted" I need to be depending on the environment.
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 07-10-2019 at 12:37 PM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main problem of your post seems to be that you assume you're capable of using functions in equal capacity, which would contradict Jung, Socionics, and even my anecdotal observations for what those are worth. Realistically you'd only be able to fully 'control' your ego block. And you have little control over your super-id -- either it's a force separate from your conscious personality, in which case you have to struggle against it, or it's integrated/assimilated into your conscious attitude and subservient to your ego functions. And though Jung didn't write much about unvalued functions, I'd think it's only possible to develop a degree of great control over superego functions -- with a great deal of effort and introspection -- and fairly impossible to develop any over the id, which are exhausting and irritating to use.

Also, you reduce to absurdity the information elements. Concepts like sincerity can be understood apart from the individual functions you associate them with. Fe-base types can be sincere, for instance, as can any other type, and their sincerity has nothing to do with how capable they are using Fi. Rather Fi is described as having to do with sincerity in the sense that Fi-egos have strong, particularly deep-seated emotions which they attempt to actualize faithfully, and they prefer to communicate in a heart-to-heart fashion which tends to reflect their personalities and emotions, or at least the impression of the feelings that they choose to give. Fi egos obviously can, and do, lie all the time.

Similarly Fe isn't being "funny". Plenty of Fe types, mostly Betas, are not funny, and again, plenty of other types are. SLIs tend to have a talent for humor, for instance. The rest of your descriptions have the same problems.

Your post basically boils down to generic platitudes of the sort that are written in books like 1001 Ways to be Successful or whatever.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    The main problem of your post seems to be that you assume you're capable of using functions in equal capacity, which would contradict Jung, Socionics, and even my anecdotal observations for what those are worth. Realistically you'd only be able to fully 'control' your ego block. And you have little control over your super-id -- either it's a force separate from your conscious personality, in which case you have to struggle against it, or it's integrated/assimilated into your conscious attitude and subservient to your ego functions. And though Jung didn't write much about unvalued functions, I'd think it's only possible to develop a degree of great control over superego functions -- with a great deal of effort and introspection -- and fairly impossible to develop any over the id, which are exhausting and irritating to use.

Also, you reduce to absurdity the information elements. Concepts like sincerity can be understood apart from the individual functions you associate them with. Fe-base types can be sincere, for instance, as can any other type, and their sincerity has nothing to do with how capable they are using Fi. Rather Fi is described as having to do with sincerity in the sense that Fi-egos have strong, particularly deep-seated emotions which they attempt to actualize faithfully, and they prefer to communicate in a heart-to-heart fashion which tends to reflect their personalities and emotions, or at least the impression of the feelings that they choose to give. Fi egos obviously can, and do, lie all the time.

Similarly Fe isn't being "funny". Plenty of Fe types, mostly Betas, are not funny, and again, plenty of other types are. SLIs tend to have a talent for humor, for instance. The rest of your descriptions have the same problems.

Your post basically boils down to generic platitudes of the sort that are written in books like 1001 Ways to be Successful or whatever.
    I understand what you're saying. Yes, IEs are much more complex than what I have described. Actually I am not really saying I'm equally good at those functions. For example, I am much better at innovating than at improving efficiency of a system. But what I do is probably fake all those unconscious functions using my ego functions. So when I say I use Te, actually I'm faking it with Ne, for example, using my intuition to find opportunities that I unconsciously know that are more efficient ways of doing things.

Yes, my statement of being extroverted-introverted doesn't equally apply to all functions per se. But it has worked as though I were really using those functions.

By being funny, I am not intending to say that that is Fe, I just categorized it in it. In fact, many of these attitudes are related to many functions at the same time if one analyzes deeper.