I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Duality?

So far, my best relation has been with an Extrovert Feeler Perceiving girl. Since childhood people said we would get married. She said many times that she feels that we should get married (even though she has a boyfriend now lol). She is the only person to whom I can say anything I want and do whatever comes to my mind, and she has said many times that she doesn't have to think when we're together. I have never tried working on something with her, so I don't know if we work well together. From the outside we're completely different, but our minds are very similar and we usually have similar experiences and attitudes (I even considered her being an identical or mirror, but I have read that these relations lack warmth, and that's absolutely not so). She says I am an amazing listener and she talks a lot, and I often reply with a joke or some sarcasm. We used to walk about 1 mile once a week (from church) talking about crazy stuff, complaining about life, etc, and when arriving at home, we would keep talking for a least some more 30 min in front of my house, and then I would enter my house, only because it was late. Everyone says we're a beautiful couple, and I have to say "she's my cousin", and some people say "cousins date too". One day I was having a hard time laying on my bed without a shirt, and she came, saw that I was feeling down, got some cream and massaged my back (for me this was very shocking, since I am a reserved person and don't let people touch my body). Our conversations are not very deep, although they are very easy-going. She sometimes complains that I am not being sincere when she asks me something about her, and I keep saying "I am not lying". She wants me to tell exactly what I think about her, without choosing the right words. She makes me feel funny. But when she's not present, I don't really miss her, I simply forget we're friends. We feel pulled to one another, and we completely let guard down when we're close, but we would leave each other just as easily. We've known each other for about 14 years (since I was a kid).

Does this fit the description of a dual relation? Which other intertype relations could this one be?
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 04-12-2019 at 08:06 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    So far, my best relation has been with an Extrovert Feeler Perceiving girl. Since childhood people said we would get married. She said many times that she feels that we should get married (even though she has a boyfriend now lol). She is the only person to whom I can say anything I want and do whatever comes to my mind, and she has said many times that she doesn't have to think when we're together. I have never tried working on something with her, so I don't know if we work well together. From the outside we're completely different, but our minds are very similar and we usually have similar experiences and attitudes (I even considered her being an identical or mirror, but I have read that these relations lack warmth, and that's absolutely not so). She says I am an amazing listener and she talks a lot, and I often reply with a joke or some sarcasm. We used to walk about 1 mile once a week (from church) talking about crazy stuff, complaining about life, etc, and when arriving at home, we would keep talking for a least some more 30 min in front of my house, and then I would enter my house, only because it was late. Everyone says we're a beautiful couple, and I have to say "she's my cousin", and some people say "cousins date too". One day I was having a hard time laying on my bed without a shirt, and she came, saw that I was feeling down, got some cream and massaged my back (for me this was very shocking, since I am a reserved person and don't let people touch my body). Our conversations are not very deep, although they are very easy-going. She sometimes complains that I am not being sincere when she asks me something about her, and I keep saying "I am not lying". She wants me to tell exactly what I think about her, without choosing the right words. She makes me feel funny. But when she's not present, I don't really miss her, I simply forget we're friends. We feel pulled to one another, and we completely let guard down when we're close, but we would leave each other just as easily. We've known each other for about 14 years (since I was a kid).

Does this fit the description of a dual relation? Which other intertype relations could this one be?
    This sounds to me like an SLE (you) - IEI (her) interaction. Especially the part where you say that you respond with sarcasm and you don't think about her when she's not around. You would be perfect for an IEI.

HOWEVER, I'm terrible at typing, so pay more attention to the other responses. They are going to be more accurate. Probably.

Are you sure she's Extroverted and not just an Fe subtype? They can appear amazingly extroverted sometimes.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The ease of conversation and togetherness yes. But in duality you have specific tasks that you help each other with not just massaging
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html