Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do ESFps have ANY redeeming qualities?!

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Comatose Lamiac 007 View Post
    They tend to be quite cautios money wasters if they can not live off luxurious life like Mr Trumpet. Like when my sis who is SEE really makes an effort to not to over spend her budget at Monopoly but yeah they can waste money especially on their friends and children (altough they treat their kids as their buddies at times) .
    A very good description of one Mr. Trump.

Except he’d date his daughter, rather than be friends with her.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, in that case, ILI must be pretty daft, as there is no point. It's a liability to have someone like that. I highly doubt that's a respectable description for a person, as money habits are learned behavior. For example, Trump pays in exact change.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can think of 2 cool SEEs and 2 shitty ones.

#1 SEE-Se - This guy started a young professional high-society networking group/pseudo-frat, built it up over 5 years, then went to 1-by-1 to the most soft-hearted & socially naive dudes and scammed them out of a lot of $$$. He has a bright future as a corrupt megachurch pastor. No he is not EIE.

#2 SEE-Se - My godfather. He used toddler me as a prop to pick up women while his wife was pregnant with his firstborn. (I know Gammas who swing, but this did not seem above board). He improvises incredible lies on the fly trying to bond with me, when he senses I'm about to drop him.

The cool SEEs I know are just kindhearted, genuine people who keep a tight circle and show up for their friends. I think they are both SEE-Fi.

TIM
    ILI-Te Sx-Sp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure why but it really hurts me to read the things SEE's post on social media. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with it, but just that it seems so cliché.

Some recent ones from my SEE-Fi friend:
    "People often fail to see that fixing the issue initially solves the problem rather then sweeping it under the rug and expecting it to change in time. Time doesn’t solve problems but efforts & actions do."
    "Will be taking a break from social media starting tonight. Not sure when I’ll be back but just need time to re-evaluate who I am and where I wanna be."
    (Two days later)
    "Don’t ever let anyone make you feel like the bad guy. You should know your value and what you did for someone. If they can’t learn to appreciate you then that’s not your issue. It’s theirs."

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@DEAD, install Arch Linux on a computer and you'll be able to satisfy your urge to upgrade electronics every single day! Not to mention, installing Linux is in itself an upgrade over whatever you were using previously.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    I'm not sure why but it really hurts me to read the things SEE's post on social media. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with it, but just that it seems so cliché.

Some recent ones from my SEE-Fi friend:
    "People often fail to see that fixing the issue initially solves the problem rather then sweeping it under the rug and expecting it to change in time. Time doesn’t solve problems but efforts & actions do."
    "Will be taking a break from social media starting tonight. Not sure when I’ll be back but just need time to re-evaluate who I am and where I wanna be."
    (Two days later)
    "Don’t ever let anyone make you feel like the bad guy. You should know your value and what you did for someone. If they can’t learn to appreciate you then that’s not your issue. It’s theirs."

All SFs have a "basic bitch" quality to them.

The most basic of all would be a handcrafted wall hanging saying some version of "Live, Laugh, Love".

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raTG13 View Post

The most basic of all would be a handcrafted wall hanging saying some version of "Live, Laugh, Love".
    Starbucks basic bitch lol

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raTG13 View Post

Yeah, that's pretty awful. The only thing worse is clown pictures painted on velvet. If I see one of those in a house, my immediate conclusion is, "We can never be friends."

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Starbucks basic bitch lol
    Pumpkin spice latte

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    @DEAD, install Arch Linux on a computer and you'll be able to satisfy your urge to upgrade electronics every single day! Not to mention, installing Linux is in itself an upgrade over whatever you were using previously.

That requires doing all this technical stuff, so no. Not looking for Linux versions of everything either.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But. @DEAD! It's so much cheaper than WIndows (100%, in fact)! It can revitalize old hardware! You get the latest and best software! You're more productive without updates from the blue, or unexplainable crashes! Linux can be much more resistant to data corruption! Learning 'technical stuff' will expand your career options! Where is your Te-mobilizing?

TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

But. @DEAD! It's so much cheaper than WIndows (100%, in fact)! It can revitalize old hardware! You get the latest and best software! You're more productive without updates from the blue, or unexplainable crashes! Linux can be much more resistant to data corruption! Learning 'technical stuff' will expand your career options! Where is your Te-mobilizing?
    That's why I ditched windows at windows 10.

My te-mobilizing also says that it's a waste of time to look for Linux compatible programs. Not everyone is on the Linux train yet and I want free programs.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FreelancePoliceman

Hey, do you actually use Linux for a personal Desktop? I've tried over the years to switch, even buying in-depth books and learning some of the more hardcore software side of everything (I think my favorite distro was Slackware), but there's always stuff that doesn't work right and either needs a lot of fiddling to get working or it's buggy (like open-source video card drivers) and it ends up annoying me and I go back to Windows. I've tried Ubuntu recently and found out I can't watch Netflix in 4k and went back to Windows. There always seems to be something that I have to give up to go to Linux. It would be kind of cool if some company, similar to Apple, supported certain hardware with a custom distro so that everything could work right, like MacOS, but open-source. But it seems that will never happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    @FreelancePoliceman

Hey, do you actually use Linux for a personal Desktop? I've tried over the years to switch, even buying in-depth books and learning some of the more hardcore software side of everything (I think my favorite distro was Slackware), but there's always stuff that doesn't work right and either needs a lot of fiddling to get working or it's buggy (like open-source video card drivers) and it ends up annoying me and I go back to Windows. I've tried Ubuntu recently and found out I can't watch Netflix in 4k and went back to Windows. There always seems to be something that I have to give up to go to Linux. It would be kind of cool if some company, similar to Apple, supported certain hardware with a custom distro so that everything could work right, like MacOS, but open-source. But it seems that will never happen.
    It's these kinds of things that Freepo and other LII just commit to and do that I'd like to do and wish I was more like them in doing. Caffeinated SIGH.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    @FreelancePoliceman

Sadly Netflix only gives 4k in Windows or similarly locked-down platforms, but if I really wanted to watch something I'd just pirate it. I'm not sure how long ago it was you had trouble with video card drivers, but I'd be surprised if you had trouble now, at least if you use Intel or AMD (with NVIDIA you'll almost certainly want the closed-source drivers).

Anyway, I only have a laptop, but yeah. Feel free to ask me anything. 009 uses Linux as well IIRC. Honestly I haven't had much trouble at all; I even installed Mint on my technically illiterate sister's laptop for college, and she finds it easier to use than Windows. I've done the same for a couple friends. Speaking of which, I would not recommend using Slackware in the current era; unless you're very dedicated, very interested in how operating systems work (in which case you'd probably prefer LFS or Gentoo), and/or in a mood to compose a lot of scripts, I'd recommend Linux Mint or Fedora (haven't used it, but it seems fine) or something along those lines.

Potential problems with Linux: 1) Software incompatibility: Some programs just won't work with Linux, notably Microsoft Office and Adobe products. There exist alternatives; whether these alternatives are sufficient depends on the user's needs. Personally, I don't do graphic design, so I don't need Photoshop; Libreoffice has been good for college, though there still exist incompatibilities especially with Microsoft's Powerpoint files. You can also use Office Online or whatever it's called through a web browser. 2) Missing Drivers: For most people (i.e. you're running a computer you bought somewhere or you built with standard consumer parts), if they have this issue nowadays, it'll be with wireless. Often you can find drivers online somewhere, though, or perhaps you can use USB wireless if you're willing to go that route. Graphics have seen huge improvements in recent years. Other drivers are generally easy to install, or, more likely, included with the kernel (i.e. "just works"). I don't think most users have this problem, though. 3) Subpar UX: May be a problem if you're coming from Apple? IDK, I don't use it or find its desktop particularly nice-looking, but I won't deny a lot of desktop environments look janky. That being said a Windows user doesn't have much to complain about. 4) Difficulty figuring out how to do things on a Unix-y system: Lots of things still don't have GUIs, or good GUIs, and if you look online for help or instructions on something, the instructions will be for a terminal emulator -- since, once you get used to it, it's far easier to use than any GUI. Some people are scared of text, though, so that can be a psychological deterrent. There's also occasionally difficulty adapting to different software -- if you want to look at a PDF, you won't be able to use Acrobat or whatever; you'll use Okular or Evince or something else. And of course there's the fact that if something goes wrong, not knowing how to fix it can be scary (though this can be mitigated through use of forums -- most issues are common; as well as by experience).

I'd recommend giving it a shot. Maybe install Mint or something to a USB and see how that goes, and if you can see yourself using it. Also keep in mind the possibility of dual-booting if you can't or don't want to ditch Windows entirely.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    That's why I ditched windows at windows 10.

My te-mobilizing also says that it's a waste of time to look for Linux compatible programs. Not everyone is on the Linux train yet and I want free programs.
    On Linux virtually all programs are free, and most of the ones you'll need come with the distribution you install! And all the time you'll ever spend looking for a Linux-compatible program combined will be less than the time wasted by unscheduled Windows updates and BSODs. Besides, Linux runs faster than Windows, so it makes up for itself!!

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

On Linux virtually all programs are free, and most of the ones you'll need come with the distribution you install! And all the time you'll ever spend looking for a Linux-compatible program combined will be less than the time wasted by unscheduled Windows updates and BSODs. Besides, Linux runs faster than Windows, so it makes up for itself!!
    It seems to me that only open source programs can give you comfortable convenient use. No advertsiments/ exhaustive hunting (install/uninstall cycle) and so on. (If you use Android install FDroid ASAP. )
    It is hassle free. Well, the case is different if it lacks in features or has bugs.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Time is money. Seems like a lot of time.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    Time is money. Seems like a lot of time.
    Linux saves time and is free. Checkmate.

TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Linux saves time and is free. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    I currently use Arch Linux and the experience is much better than Windows. The possibilities are endless. Though I agree that it is time consuming, specially that most of us were used to Windows. It will be a bit difficult to appreciate.

You will spend time on it for sure. As of now I have to install Photoshop but then again you have to use Wine/others to run it there, it's much easier to use Windows in this case. It's been months since and I still haven't done it lol. It always seems like you have to jump through hoops for Linux because there are extra steps and I am lazy and busy as fuck. But learning is satisfying. Besides, this is just one of the few issues. I use Krita and Inkscape actually which are completely free and way better than Photoshop imo but well, I just have to use Photoshop because people are still stuck on it.

Linux > Windows in my case but Windows is the norm and understandable to use if you like computer stuff to be easy for you.
    There, quoting the post above, since I agree with most of it. It seems logically thought out and a good counter argument for your reasoning. I don’t see the point in investing time into the program when I can just get up and go. Everything’s there for me.

Linux seems like it needs a bit of a way to go yet. And I’m not into all this technical stuff “just for the sake of it” anyway (when it comes to programming and operating systems especially).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly Netflix only gives 4k in Windows or similarly locked-down platforms, but if I really wanted to watch something I'd just pirate it. I'm not sure how long ago it was you had trouble with video card drivers, but I'd be surprised if you had trouble now, at least if you use Intel or AMD (with NVIDIA you'll almost certainly want the closed-source drivers).
    Yeah, I heard AMD has gone open source? I have a bunch of Nvidia GPUs I used to use for mining when it was profitable; unfortunately they all seem to be a hassle to install proprietary drivers with the exception of Ubuntu. But even in Ubuntu it always seemed to break something when I'd install them. I think last time I tried it, it messed with the wireless/bluetooth functionality.

Anyway, I only have a laptop, but yeah. Feel free to ask me anything. 009 uses Linux as well IIRC. Honestly I haven't had much trouble at all; I even installed Mint on my technically illiterate sister's laptop for college, and she finds it easier to use than Windows. I've done the same for a couple friends. Speaking of which, I would not recommend using Slackware in the current era; unless you're very dedicated, very interested in how operating systems work (in which case you'd probably prefer LFS or Gentoo), and/or in a mood to compose a lot of scripts, I'd recommend Linux Mint or Fedora (haven't used it, but it seems fine) or something along those lines.
    Heh, that's kind of what I liked about Slackware. It felt like I had a lot more control over the system. But it is kind of a drain to have to learn so much just to use a computer.

Potential problems with Linux: 1) Software incompatibility: Some programs just won't work with Linux, notably Microsoft Office and Adobe products. There exist alternatives; whether these alternatives are sufficient depends on the user's needs. Personally, I don't do graphic design, so I don't need Photoshop; Libreoffice has been good for college, though there still exist incompatibilities especially with Microsoft's Powerpoint files. You can also use Office Online or whatever it's called through a web browser. 2) Missing Drivers: For most people (i.e. you're running a computer you bought somewhere or you built with standard consumer parts), if they have this issue nowadays, it'll be with wireless. Often you can find drivers online somewhere, though, or perhaps you can use USB wireless if you're willing to go that route. Graphics have seen huge improvements in recent years. Other drivers are generally easy to install, or, more likely, included with the kernel (i.e. "just works"). I don't think most users have this problem, though. 3) Subpar UX: May be a problem if you're coming from Apple? IDK, I don't use it or find its desktop particularly nice-looking, but I won't deny a lot of desktop environments look janky. That being said a Windows user doesn't have much to complain about. 4) Difficulty figuring out how to do things on a Unix-y system: Lots of things still don't have GUIs, or good GUIs, and if you look online for help or instructions on something, the instructions will be for a terminal emulator -- since, once you get used to it, it's far easier to use than any GUI. Some people are scared of text, though, so that can be a psychological deterrent. There's also occasionally difficulty adapting to different software -- if you want to look at a PDF, you won't be able to use Acrobat or whatever; you'll use Okular or Evince or something else. And of course there's the fact that if something goes wrong, not knowing how to fix it can be scary (though this can be mitigated through use of forums -- most issues are common; as well as by experience).
    Ah yes, wireless. I've always had problems with wireless. Either it's flaky and cuts in and out or it gets broken when I install other stuff. Slackware used to use some kind of wrapper that used the Windows driver and did some magic to it, but it wouldn't always work and when it did the wireless would cut in and out for no reason. I think installing the Nvidia proprietary drivers in Ubuntu broke the wireless drivers for me too. I don't really understand why. I know that Linux support isn't all the great for hardware diversity, but it's a big deterrent when I have to spend money on something I already have just to get it working.

I'd recommend giving it a shot. Maybe install Mint or something to a USB and see how that goes, and if you can see yourself using it. Also keep in mind the possibility of dual-booting if you can't or don't want to ditch Windows entirely.
    I think I'd only try it again if I could make sure that everything is going to work. I'd probably go all AMD and make sure all the drivers are going to work for what I want. I think steam supports better windows/Linux portability with Proton. I remember reading awhile back about how the new OpenGL libraries are cross-platform with Windows or something like that making it easy to run native Windows games in Linux. I've also heard somebody got really nice bluetooth support to work in Linux where they could choose what codecs they wanted to use and such. One downside to windows is I'm limited to AptX for some reason...and I'd like to use LDAC or choose from low latency codecs.

edit: But I also really like running Netflix on my computer and being limited to 720p or 1080p on linux kind of sucks. I guess it's not a huge deal, since I could just use the smart functions in my tv, but I like to change up the screen real-estate depending on what I'm doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    ILI-Te Sx-Sp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's official, ESFp's have less redeeming qualities than Linux based operating systems.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, time to explain the virtues of SEE, since there are some. If my aunt is SEE she is pretty good. She is very good at excercise. This helps my cousin not turn into the blob he'd probably tend to be. She's also pretty good at managing common affairs, like making sure the IEI doesn't forget anything. I help her out, then go do something else. During this time she says thanks and such. There's other incredibly interesting stuff in her life too, but I don't know her that well.

She could be ESTp, however doubt. I doubt she'd do everything she does for the IEI, and he'd probably do a lot more.

But yeah, the IEI is why I eat spicy food. Respect the Thai for their incredibly nuclear food. It's good.

That's a lot of information obscured by story. So I'll summarize.

Pros:
    Works out.
    Mobilizes others to work out. (Not the IEI though, this is a point of conflict)
    Actively involved in organizing other people's lives. This is important in children. No, not soccer mom tier, but a tier above, where she'll probably try and help you with everything. Ye all forget what Se is. It's that.

Napoleon was probably Se. Not the II or III, but the I. However not See.
    Anyways, she's kind enough for my cousins to like her as a stepmom. The end.
    Cons:
    Aggressive
    Can get really angry. Don't want to get her angry.
    Doesn't manage own life perfectly. Questionable choices, but I don't know the details, so I can't share the details in good faith.
    Yeah that's about it.

TL;DR, it's stupid to say someone has no redeeming qualities.

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just here to reaffirm the opinion THE FACT that Linux is better than Windows. WinDOZE is a pile of steaming shit and so is Micro$oft.
    Last edited by xerx; 12-13-2020 at 10:43 PM. Reason: better wording

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Windows is where I keep my stuff. As such it is better. Linux requires emulation to play games. As such, I prefer the raw deal. Can continue.

Anyways. Hypothetically, I know SEE/ESI and they act a lot more kindly compared to not, but both can be incredibly violent. I've seen SEI threaten people in a way that was socially acceptable somehow several times. He'll stop working and walk out intentionally if you piss him off, which I never do, because I know how to not piss someone off. It's really easy, if you do something bad, apologize and don't do it again. He's in a negative mood, perpetually, I cannot change that. Oh and well. Also, apparently SEI is negativist. I don't plan these things to work, they just do. Found the thing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234