Thread: Function Descriptions

TIM
    Umm
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Function Descriptions

Are there any good resources for descriptions of the functions? I am starting to read and find myself relating to certain aspects of some, but not others. And sometimes the information from different sources contradicts each other.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...unctions-Eglit try this

or this (simpler version) https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...Victor-Gulenko

edit: to note that Gulenko changed the valence for all the dynamic types (those who have Fe-Te-Ni-Se in their conscious blocks), in his model G, matching them with the positivist-negativist Reinin dichotomy.

here's another article on the functions https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...lements-Primer
    Last edited by ooo; 05-10-2019 at 02:52 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Jung is the best resource for descriptions on functions. There's stuff being put out there by Ausra lackeys....which is terrible. They are Jung-deniers.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean the IM elements? I've described them here: https://www.wholesocionics.com/artic...lement-Agendas
    Last edited by Exodus; 05-20-2019 at 08:28 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Me:

Se-will sensory strong willed, able to take initiative in getting things done and pushing others or coxing others to do their wanting, by means of making the move, by means of complaining and voicing their opinions, by other manipulative means like taking their turn ahead of someone without regard for others around them, etc. sometimes creative Se act like a bull in the china shop, other manipulative tactics include reshaping the vision of an object to make it seem less than or incorrect to it's reality as to impose their will and program.

Fi- judge my attitude to them. "why doesn't he like me" "I like him" "I hate this sob" My relation to this person; how I feel about this person, their ethics and morals; "that guy is a sleezball all he does is sleep around with others" My attitude to him is "I don't like him because sleeping around with people and causing emotional wreckage is a bad thing"

Fe-Creating an emotional environment can either be situational, comical (ESE), fussy(ESE) caused by small domestic troubles (ESE), level of tension, minimize or maximize negative emotions, artificially increasing or decrease tension, make fun of the partner, scare him, tormenting fear , "play on the nerves." - desire for the interlocutor to be directed to what they want done

What else do you want to know...other functions?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-10-2019 at 11:14 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wikisocion.net

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Fe: compares new information to the accepted or traditional social values, opinions and morals. This information is used to form further objective values or to improve and correct the established ones (example "we have an environmental catastrophe because we don't have responsible leaders in power to make the tough choices). The major method of such comparison is emotional evaluation of objective facts ("if we CONTINUE to be irresponsible we are going to kill everything on the planet. The PROBLEM IS WE DON'T CARE ENOUGH TO MAKE THE TOUGH DECISIONS"). Personal emotional preferences (FI) do not matter as much as the values and beliefs of the society or the significant group. Everything is evaluated based on its emotional value in the eyes of the society. In the extreme Fe reacts overly emotional to every little phenomenon, whether it’s worth it or not. These emotions look exaggerated to others, but that is the real strength and extent of it. Such emotions may turn about very quickly and be exhausting for other people and the Fe type itself. Such person looses touch with himself/herself and suffers from obsessive thoughts and ideas that wouldn’t let go.

Fi: does not relate to the objective values and morals (Fe). It compares new information to his/her own values and morals that may be quite different from what other people use. Fi is not directed outward and therefore tends not to express itself openly (you won't hear them speak about their values and morals). The major method of such comparison is emotional evaluation of subjective facts. The true feelings of such type are deep, intense and passionate. The emotional response of Fi is always unexpected; the subject is hidden and not obvious.
    In extremes, Fi becomes hyper introverted and loses touch with reality. It goes completely into its world of inner feelings and characters.

Se: seeks the highest intensity and completeness of experience derived from real objects and physical activities, preferably, but not necessarily pleasurable ones. There is no particular purpose for these experiences. They, themselves, are the goals of perception. Se strives to possess objects, and since distinction between people and objects is done by Judging functions, radical Se strives to possess people too.
    Se types are highly realistic. To exist and to be attractive for Se function, objects have to be visible and tangible. The ones that sparkle and shine brighter have higher chances of being chosen by Se

Si: is not interested in objects as source of experience (which is Se). It derives its experience from the impressions that objects make on them which maybe very individual and personl, from the reflections of objects in the person's own senses. They may experience something today and enjoy it tomorrow, after correcting the details in their mind (and sometimes recalling the experience to themselves in remembering the past). The result of the actual object sensed is always different from the actual objects perceived. Si changes it. Neither the intensity of sensory experience, that is still determining for this type of Perception, nor the response commensurate with the stimuli and its ability to induce the sensation. Si is capable of seeing something not so objectively handsome as handsome based on something other than appearance (maybe their own feelings towards the object like love). Se will always follow the looks. The world of Si is inhabited with inner objects and characters that reveal themselves through sensory experience. Obviously, these sensations come from inside.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-11-2019 at 05:51 AM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Alonzo @Adam Strange

Te: compares new information to the sets of objective rules and understandings. The major method of such comparison is intellectual evaluation of objective facts. It constantly collects objective evidences and derives rules and laws from the evidences collected (you should do x; that is the best way to do x). Every conclusion is inferred from a set of objective facts collected from the reality and is used for a practical purpose directed outward, back to the reality. Te type has an intellectual formula for everything. It approaches any phenomena from the standpoint of a universal set of rules derived from experience. Such type sees momentarily every aspect of a problem and is able to factor them in properly to come to a solution. The problem is – not everything can be categorized. People can’t operate like machines. Not everybody is a perfect thinking machine like Te type. Not everybody uses objective reasoning as a universal gauge. Sometimes people want to do silly things just for the sake of it. When Te takes over the person and pushes out other functions, the function that suffers first is Fi. Te ignores people’s feelings, attachments, relationships, and other matters of sentimental value. It ceases to factor them into pursuit of their goals. In an extreme case, Te becomes tyrannical and reaches its goals by any means, stepping over dead bodies and broken lives. Pushed out Fi
    may spring back in a form of compulsive relationships that don’t let go, obsessive feelings and sentiments that interfere with the everyday life.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-11-2019 at 06:35 AM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ti: collects information and compares it to the sets of subjective rules and understandings. The major method of such comparison is Intellectual evaluation of subjective facts. These rules and understandings don’t need to be substantiated by any objective data. In fact, if objective data contradict with the ideas of Ti , they are either ignored or twisted to fit the idea. If following the reality is the main objective of Te, Ti follows the inner geometry of the ideas it develops. This type of thinking may become very complex, abstract and symbolic andalienate from the reality. In extremes, Ti becomes absolutely incomprehensible (as it pertains to expressing their thoughts -sometimes it's done half hazardly where others have trouble following), closed in, lacking any touch with the reality.
    When Ti takes over the person, Fe suffers first. It comes in a form of groundless bad moods, inappropriate emotions that show up uncontrollably. Ti may easily be deceived by cajolery or other fake emotions. Fe types can cheer them up. Fe types read people’s emotions and can easily correct them. If they like a person they can make him/her happy, if not, they can make them miserable. They know how to speak with people and how to sell the wild ideas that spin inside Ti.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Raver

Ne like Se derives its experience from real objects. The quality of such experience is quite different, though. Instead of perceiving the kind and intensity of color, shape, texture, sound, and other physical characteristics of objects, Ne omits the details and perceives objects in general. Perception in general means that the most important function of the object is perceived (aka "Bob you would make a great salesman"), whereas the details of its appearance are neglected (Bob has gorgeous strawberry blond hair). Therefore its color, texture, material, even shapes don’t matter. What does matter is its function. What is the most important function of a person? A person can be our teacher, our parent, lover, co-worker. Does it matter how our co-worker looks? Well, if you’re an Se type it does. But if you’re Ne type, it really doesn’t, as long as the function is carried out and maximized. The best way to maximize the function of an object or a person is to engage the entire potential of the object or person in its operation. Therefore Ne overlooks the apparent qualities and concentrates on the hidden potentials and latent possibilities of things. Ordinary events are perceived as providing clues to these potentials and possibilities. Once the hidden possibilities are uncovered, objects lose their attractiveness The more hidden potentials and possibilities an object or a person possesses (like Socionics to me), the more attractive it is for an Ne. If an Se derives its experience from the same objects over and over, Ne needs new objects and situations all the time to feed the eternal quest for new possibilities and horizons.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Aylen

Ni: Ni is preoccupied with images that are not sensory. These images present the potential development of the present subjective inner conditions. Neither these conditions, nor their potential development have anything to do with the reality, making Ni the most difficult to comprehend. If you can imagine the world of inner images and characters that reveal themselves through their inner meanings and potential transformations within the individual, that’s the world Ni exists in. If Ni is overstressed, it pushes out Se first. Such people tend to completely escape into their inner world where everything is clear and usual (even not coming out of their home). The world of objects scares them. Since their focus is anywhere but not on real objects, objects start hurting them. Ladders break under them, knives cut them, glass break in their hands. Their very body behaves as if it has a mind of its own and its purpose is to bother Ni and distract it from its meditation. People around them have too many bad traits. They don’t even closely resemble those ideal characters that inhabit their inner world.

(Remember Si is not affected by the real object but rather its impressions from objects), Ni derives its experience from impressions that may or may not reflect real objects.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where did you find all of this information i would like to research this myself.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I wrote them
    Quote Originally Posted by Anderson21 View Post
    where did you find all of this information i would like to research this myself.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Adding to this thread

Ne is this extraverted intuition, aware of a variety of potential options and alternatives, thinking of many possibilities and many reasons. ESTj experience analysis paralysis as a result of this.

Ni is being acutely attuned to the course of the events transpiring around him. He sees the unfolding storyline and often has an intuitive sense of when it's necessary to act.

Ni POLR I feel I rely heavily on my Si, introverted sensing, that I don’t even have intuition at all. It’s just comparing to what’s happened in the past all the time, and making decisions based on that.
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I wrote them
    aha, you've copied half of these from How to Find Yourself and Your Best Match. Socionics. the Modern Approach to By Rod Novichkov,

can't comment on the other half because that book is notfully displayed online

also:
    Fi is not directed outward and therefore tends not to express itself openly (you won't hear them speak about their values and morals)

just to prove my points in the abortion thread

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    aha, you've copied half of these from How to Find Yourself and Your Best Match. Socionics. the Modern Approach to ...By Rod Novichkov,

can't comment on the other half because that book is notfully displayed online

also:
    [COLOR=#3E3E3E]
    just to prove my points in the abortion thread
    Who has been his friend for the last 20 years
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

friendship does not mean appropriating someone else's work, if anything it means to respect your friend and recognize their merits... very nice use of Fi,