Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Type Me video!

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Type Me video!

Hello!

I've never done this kind of video before, and I'm kinda shy, but here we go! Sorry that my nose was a little stuffy in this video.

Thanks to anyone who watches! I just joined this forum, and I'm not always online, so I don't know anyone on here too well, but y'all seem cool to me. Feel free to ask any questions.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    IEI
    Interesting! Thanks!!

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i believe mbti directly corresponds to socionics so ISFJ is SEI
    you look kinda difficult to me tho SEI doesnt seem a bad guess

Fe ego
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si nonverbal signs are so clear to me

It was better if you raised the camera higher (just in front of your face), because because of its lowness, your eyes sometimes looked like Ni eyes , although the rest of the facial expressions indicates Si and Fe

Alpha SF in general
    Souls know their way back home

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    i believe mbti directly corresponds to socionics so ISFJ is SEI
    you look kinda difficult to me tho SEI doesnt seem a bad guess

Fe ego
    Thanks! Yeah, most people can’t really seem to figure out whether I’m intuitive or sensing in either MBTI or Socionics. However, I’m pretty confident that I’m ISFJ in MBTI. Socionics is more complicated. Trying to wrap my head around it.

But Fe ego is something everybody seems to agree on for me, so at least that’s pretty much confirmed. Thanks again!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw , how did you determine your tritype?
    Souls know their way back home

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgirl View Post
    Si nonverbal signs are so clear to me

It was better if you raised the camera higher (just in front of your face), because because of its lowness, your eyes sometimes looked like Ni eyes , although the rest of the facial expressions indicates Si and Fe

Alpha SF in general
    Argh, I knew I should've put the camera on a stack of books! I might need a tripod or something, lol. But good suggestion! And very insightful comments, too. I'm very curious about what are Si nonverbal signs. I'll have to read up on those later.

Btw , how did you determine your tritype?
    I determined my tritype through various methods. I first took a few tritype tests. I gotta admit, the Katherine Fauvre test is perhaps the longest and most comprehensive one, but that one was the first test to type me as 926, and through there, I definitively determined that 9 truly is my core type and not 2 nor 6 (not to sound like a paid sponsor LOL). I also noticed that, when taking enneagram tests that ranked you from most likely enneatype to least likely, I always got some combo of 2-6-9. I guess you basically just look for a which enneatype from each triad you score highest. In the heart triad, I scored highest as a 2; in the head triad, 6; in the gut triad, 9.

I also remember joining that Personality Database website (which I eventually left cuz some people on there are kinda crazy, and it's mostly populated by teenagers, which I felt weird about as a 24 year-old), and I remember trying to type some users, and they typed me back using some questions I left on a questionnaire; they all typed me as some variation of the 2-6-9 tritype.

I hope that helped a little!!

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEE? Looks creative subtype.

I hear ethics in both directions. This makes me think irrational ethics type. The amount of stressed Fi I hear makes me think of Fi valuing. Interests Ne. This person does not seem to be on a search for the TRUTH but to explore. Anyway, I'm interested to hear about your relation towards time.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 11-22-2022 at 09:14 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    IEE?

I hear ethics in both directions. This makes me think irrational ethics type. The amount of stressed Fi I hear makes me think of Fi valuing.
    Yes, I’ve also determined I’m most likely an irrational ethical type. I’m having the same dilemma, however. IEE doesn’t sound out of the question for me since I did once think I was an EII, and IEE is similar enough and in the same Quadra. I do often wonder how strong my Ne is, however. I think I do value Ne, but I wonder if it’s an Ego function or a Super-Id function.

Thanks, by the way!

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    IEE? Looks creative subtype.

I hear ethics in both directions. This makes me think irrational ethics type. The amount of stressed Fi I hear makes me think of Fi valuing. Interests Ne. This person does not seem to be on a search for the TRUTH but to explore. Anyway, I'm interested to hear about your relation towards time.
    Ooh, just noticed you edited your reply! My relation towards time, huh? I think I’m not the best at managing my time, and whenever certain events or dates draw closer, I tend to grow sort of stressed and feel like I have to do something to prepare so I don’t have to scramble to get ready at the last minute. I also feel like there’s never enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

Thinking about the future often intimidates me, but my boyfriend helps me in that regard. He’s probably LII but I’m not entirely sure yet.

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree, you immediately stood out to me as IEE on initial impressions, but hearing you talk about your loved ones i can see SEI too. definitely Si valuing, and this only has something to do with the painting reminding you of simpler times lol.
    i feel like a good way to resolve this would be to understand how you react to conflict ; i hear that SEIs can react abrupt and violently to defend the things they consider "theirs"/their personal space, where an IEE may try to deflect the conflict altogether. i also just learned that SEI is negativist and IEE is positivist which fits into this idea nicely... do you see the glass half full, or half empty, so to speak

not fully certain of my sociotype
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're a softie irl like me.. i'm going to go with EII

btw, is English your first language? and do you still currently identify with the ISFJ typing?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuno View Post
    Thanks! Yeah, most people can’t really seem to figure out whether I’m intuitive or sensing in either MBTI or Socionics. However, I’m pretty confident that I’m ISFJ in MBTI. Socionics is more complicated. Trying to wrap my head around it.

But Fe ego is something everybody seems to agree on for me, so at least that’s pretty much confirmed. Thanks again!
    oops sorry, just saw this reply.. hmm idk anymore �� but still, I think that you do V.I more like an EII/INFP (but I still could be wrong)

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pasleine View Post
    i agree, you immediately stood out to me as IEE on initial impressions, but hearing you talk about your loved ones i can see SEI too. definitely Si valuing, and this only has something to do with the painting reminding you of simpler times lol.
    i feel like a good way to resolve this would be to understand how you react to conflict ; i hear that SEIs can react abrupt and violently to defend the things they consider "theirs"/their personal space, where an IEE may try to deflect the conflict altogether. i also just learned that SEI is negativist and IEE is positivist which fits into this idea nicely... do you see the glass half full, or half empty, so to speak
    That's very insightful! Thanks!

I have no doubt that I'm Si valuing. I do think I'm a Negativist, as the descriptions of Negativism I found on the Wikisocion page reminded me of the way I tend to assess situations more than the Positivism descriptions. But I'm conscious of this way of speaking I have, and I tend to fear that my negative statements will discourage others, so I sometimes force myself to talk more positively for others' sakes.

I also do both deflection of conflict and abrupt defense of what I care about. I think I'm more known for deflecting, however... but I can be oddly assertive at times.

Quote Originally Posted by welcome View Post
    you're a softie irl like me.. i'm going to go with EII

btw, is English your first language? and do you still currently identify with the ISFJ typing?
    Haha, aww! EII is still a valid assessment! In MBTI, I'm certain I'm an ISFJ, but I wouldn't call myself an ISFj in Socionics at all... I don't value Se much. I can't help but think I'm an irrational ethical type like SEI or IEE, or a somewhat odd EII.

Spanish is my first language, but since I was born and raised in the US, I quickly became better at English than Spanish. I still speak and write well in Spanish, though! I prefer it over English because it's a warmer language.

Quote Originally Posted by welcome View Post
    oops sorry, just saw this reply.. hmm idk anymore �� but still, I think that you do V.I more like an EII/INFP (but I still could be wrong)
    Hey, that's fine! I also agree that EII fits me rather well.

I think you're really cool. Thank you for your insights!

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, you should definitely consider IEE. There are lots of indications of Ne in your speech and an extraverted cognition. It's also common for IEE to mistype as introverts.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Yeah, you should definitely consider IEE. There are lots of indications of Ne in your speech and an extraverted cognition. It's also common for IEE to mistype as introverts.
    Oh, cool! A lot of indications of Ne and extraverted cognition, hmm. I will consider IEE. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    SEI
    Thank you!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, cool! A lot of indications of Ne and extraverted cognition, hmm. I will consider IEE. Thanks!

Thank you!
    I don't think IEE would be so concerned about replying to everybody. You seem SEI

-Krishna

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    I don't think IEE would be so concerned about replying to everybody. You seem SEI
    I just had a feeling someone was gonna point this out sooner or later

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI most likely
    IEE, EII not excluded
    clearly intuitive

you can try to decide between Beta and Delta through intertype relations

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@kuno i think you're cooler <3 (you have a typing video but i don't)

helpful response, thank you for sharing it! english is also my second language but i'm less fluent in it compared to my first.

Also, you mentioned about redoing the recording of this video multiple times because "it's too boring". I can relate to being self-conscious about appearing "boring" too, and I think that generally points to being from a "Serious" quadra (Fi-Te).. I think Fe-Ti valuers are less concerned about appearing "boring" to others around them (i'm not too sure about that though..)

btw, does cooking & doing other household chores come naturally to you? or do those things take more effort? *If it's the former then it's possible that your type: SF>NF (and vice versa if otherwise)*

*if i'm not mistaken it is implied in several descriptions that Sensors generally perform household duties better than Intuitives but you/anyone may correct me if I'm wrong*

happy Thanksgiving in advance!

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics is more complicated. Trying to wrap my head around it.
    It's not more complicated. The "Socionics type" is the real Jungian type. The reason people find it difficult is that now you actually have to find your real type. When I first learned Socionics I ignored most of the theory. I could just clearly see that the ITR work and it was easy to get the types right from then on. It is a much needed correction of MBTI.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nifl View Post
    IEI most likely
    IEE, EII not excluded
    clearly intuitive

you can try to decide between Beta and Delta through intertype relations
    I've been doing more research, and I do believe that Delta fits me better than Beta, because Delta doesn't value Se, and I certainly don't have any of that competitive spirit in me. I do admire Se-ego folks greatly (like my dad), but I cannot imagine being so forceful in my everyday life, nor aspiring to be this way. I don't think IEIs are easily very forceful, but to my understanding, they seem to have this desire to impose their visions and emotions onto others and collectively influence people in such a way.

I much more relate to the Delta valuation of Fi, at the end of the day. My Fe is apparent, which still makes me consider SEI, but IEEs also do have 4D Fe, which would make sense for me. I also believe I value Ne + Si immensely.

My longest friendship (12+ years!) was with a person who I'm extremely sure was EIE, and the friendship was rift with energetic highs and miserable lows. I eventually had to cut this person off, and I feel like I did it rather coldly for my liking. But I eventually realized the relationship had grown toxic and there was sadly no saving it. Anything I told this person was used to emotionally manipulate me into being subordinate to them. They were not a healthy EIE, obviously.

Thank you for your comment!!
    Last edited by kuno; 11-23-2022 at 07:33 PM.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@welcome What is your first language, if I may ask?

I love cooking and doing most household chores (although mopping the floor sometimes stresses me out for some reason). I feel like no household chores have ever come naturally to me because I was not raised to do chores or cook (my family is somewhat old-fashioned in the sense that they never considered having to teach a son how to do these things, perhaps because they assumed I'd find a traditional wife to do this for me ), so I had to force my family to teach me how to do these things a few years ago.

I'm now a decent cook, and I even enjoy it and can do it almost any day, as long as I'm not too tired. I enjoy tinkering with different recipes and seeing how to spice them up, and then if the end result is a really delicious meal that pleases both my dad and me, I'm very happy.

Washing dishes was something I used to dread, but now I find it therapeutic and very economical. I also love doing dishes since my dad is sometimes too tired to do all the dishes that accumulate after I cook. I guess I love being of service, so long as I'm not being used.

Thank you for your kind wishes! Your questions were very nice.

@Tallmo I do think Socionics is more complicated if you come to it after learning about MBTI, which (to my understanding) is a greatly oversimplified take on Jungian theory. However, you are right in that it is more faithful to Jungian theory than MBTI, and for this reason I find it more valuable. The ITRs also fascinate me because I can see a lot of validity in it when I see these relationships play out in real life. (For example, I have a close EII friend who has a SEE sister, and their relationship is full of tension and deep misunderstandings...)
    Last edited by kuno; 11-23-2022 at 05:45 PM. Reason: added spacing!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are so adorable. I can only see SEI.

-Krishna

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@chriscorey Aw, thanks! Yeah, I'm still caught up on SEI... There may never be a perfect fit, but Leading Si + Creative Fe makes more & more sense to me as time passes.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    SEI
    Ah!! Another SEI vote... Thanks!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@welcome What is your first language, if I may ask?
    No problem. It is Malay. (I'm from Malaysia)

I love cooking and doing most household chores (although mopping the floor sometimes stresses me out for some reason). I feel like no household chores have ever come naturally to me because I was not raised to do chores or cook (my family is somewhat old-fashioned in the sense that they never considered having to teach a son how to do these things, perhaps because they assumed I'd find a traditional wife to do this for me ), so I had to force my family to teach me how to do these things a few years ago.

I'm now a decent cook, and I even enjoy it and can do it almost any day, as long as I'm not too tired. I enjoy tinkering with different recipes and seeing how to spice them up, and then if the end result is a really delicious meal that pleases both my dad and me, I'm very happy.

Washing dishes was something I used to dread, but now I find it therapeutic and very economical. I also love doing dishes since my dad is sometimes too tired to do all the dishes that accumulate after I cook. I guess I love being of service, so long as I'm not being used.
    I relate to most of what you wrote here, only that I don't have to cook as much and only know how to cook very few simple dishes

well, all in all, I still see EII for you 'cause you remind me a bit of myself.. lol. (unless I'm not EII.. ) /half joking (since Socionics is still pseudoscience as of now..)
    Last edited by welcometomania; 11-25-2022 at 05:00 AM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@welcome Forgive me, I know I’m replying a LOT. I just think you’re real cool to talk to.

Funnily enough, I did kinda lie (or perhaps misremember) when I said I was certain I’m an MBTI ISFJ. Whenever I take cognitive functions tests, or MBTI tests, I often get INFP, or something between ISFJ and INFP, but I decided to choose ISFJ for a few reasons—partially because INFP is supposedly a rarer type, and because I conform to all the ISFJ stereotypes. It was hard to choose between the two types because I’m kinda equal between Fe and Fi and Ne and Si. But here I am, posting a video of myself, and all the Sociotypes people attribute to me (IEE, EII, IEI, and SEI) are all the most common types associated with MBTI INFPs. If anything, this thread only confirmed that my Myers-Briggs type probably really is INFP.

I’m still not entirely sure as to my Sociotype, but I can see myself valuing Si and Fe, as well as Ne and Ti. Te-PoLR also makes sense for me, as well as 4D Fi. For this reason, I feel that SEI is the best fit, but I don’t think I’ll ever stop relating to IEE and EII as well, perhaps because of my big use of Ne in Jungian typology, MBTI, and Socionics.

I hope you can stay well. Malaysia is a country I very much wanted to visit when I was about 21 or 22 years old. Southeast Asia has always interested me for some reason!

Don’t feel obligated to reply anymore if you don’t want to. But know that you’re cool. Stay safe!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem like to have typical soft/cute NF boy aura. I guess EII or IEI, C or H sub.

SEI could be a possibility though.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renna View Post
    You seem like to have typical soft/cute NF boy aura. I guess EII or IEI, C or H sub.

SEI could be a possibility though.
    Haha, “cute NF boy aura.” Yes; in my opinion, I’m definitely NF. While I was considering IEE for a while, EII does still fit me more (as far as all the Delta types go) since I do show evident Fi. I tend to identify more with IEI, at the end of the day.

Thank you for your comment!!

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE I think you’ve got some IEE mannerisms, gleefulness and you said you don’t like nihilism in the other thread..think that’s a bit IEE

i didn’t really consider EII though, you just remind me a lil of my male IEE friend.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    IEE I think you’ve got some IEE mannerisms, gleefulness and you said you don’t like nihilism in the other thread..think that’s a bit IEE

i didn’t really consider EII though, you just remind me a lil of my male IEE friend.
    Good observations!! I have a tendency to hyper-focus on my sense of ethics in both directions lol (probably due to being an ethical subtype), so for a long time I did think EII (leading Fi) was most likely. I hadn’t considered the fact that I might be leading with an irrational function all this time (whether it be Ni or Ne). All the Delta typings I’ve gotten so far have me wondering if perhaps I really am a Delta NF type in denial.

In any case, thank you for your comment!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEI was the first feeling that came to mind
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    SEI was the first feeling that came to mind
    Yes, my difficulties in differentiating between Si and Ni have often led me to dilemmas between SEI and IEI. But whenever I focus on Ni matters, I tend to get headaches because I’m very bad with Ni (which happened to me last night after talking with my SLE friend about Ni).

Thank you for your input, I’m settling on SEI once again! It’s the only type that consistently fits me, I’ve realized.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes, my difficulties in differentiating between Si and Ni have often led me to dilemmas between SEI and IEI. But whenever I focus on Ni matters, I tend to get headaches because I’m very bad with Ni (which happened to me last night after talking with my SLE friend about Ni).

Thank you for your input, I’m settling on SEI once again! It’s the only type that consistently fits me, I’ve realized.
    For one thing you should never accept mbti descriptions to the functions as accurate because they are NOT
    Si-your own experience of sensory information like your own perception of what you like and dislike for instance your own taste in ice cream; which flavor suits you; how you view a tree, for instance. As an Si type the details of the tree that you see should be relatively your own view not the actual tree itself with all it's details but what you view it is. Stand outside and look at a tree now close your eyes and re imagine the tree; do you see all the details of the tree or what you perceive it to be?
    Ni-being attuned to events around them, will ask others about people's lives, what's going on with your sister etc; the unfolding story line and often has an intuitive sense of when it's necessary to act. So this perception is perception of events around them. like the IEI aunt who observes her teen niece getting emotionally caught up on bad internet relationships who wants to do an intervention for them. simply knows something without understanding how he arrived there because the've been attuned to the events around them. "IEI provides deep and meaningful insight into events and trends, particularly those that involve human synergy. At worst, the IEI can become lost in his own imagination, emotionally wounded, indecisive. The IEI's depth of imagination and emotion often goes unidentified by those around him, and this is perpetuated by the IEI's disinterest in broadcasting these traits."
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    For one thing you should never accept mbti descriptions to the functions as accurate because they are NOT
    Si-your own experience of sensory information like your own perception of what you like and dislike for instance your own taste in ice cream; which flavor suits you; how you view a tree, for instance. As an Si type the details of the tree that you see should be relatively your own view not the actual tree itself with all it's details but what you view it is. Stand outside and look at a tree now close your eyes and re imagine the tree; do you see all the details of the tree or what you perceive it to be?
    Ni-being attuned to events around them, will ask others about people's lives, what's going on with your sister etc; the unfolding story line and often has an intuitive sense of when it's necessary to act. So this perception is perception of events around them. like the IEI aunt who observes her teen niece getting emotionally caught up on bad internet relationships who wants to do an intervention for them. simply knows something without understanding how he arrived there because the've been attuned to the events around them. "IEI provides deep and meaningful insight into events and trends, particularly those that involve human synergy. At worst, the IEI can become lost in his own imagination, emotionally wounded, indecisive. The IEI's depth of imagination and emotion often goes unidentified by those around him, and this is perpetuated by the IEI's disinterest in broadcasting these traits."
    My memory tends to be very clear and precise, but my perception is probably more subjective than others’ perception. I tend to remember/absorb sensations in a way that make clear how I personally feel about them. My mind has a habit of putting color casts/filters over my mental reels of memories that gives each of my memories a clear flavor or atmosphere. I’m not sure if this is what you are referring to.

I often want to be better at Ni, but sadly the description of Ni role fits me to a T:

SEIs are capable of mentalizing and devling into imaginative inner worlds, pondering past, future, and recognizing patterns and trends. However, they tend not to emphasize these aspects especially, instead emphasizing physical, tangible, and relational aspects, and the simple pleasantries in life.

SEIs may be very minimally inclined to think towards the future. They may resist thinking of long-term matters, seeing them as somewhat unnatural and secondary to the state of their immediate pleasure or experience. However, at times, they may recognize and become overly anxious about the importance of long-term planning, sometimes demonstrating a tendency to overthink or overplan situations, and to draw unrealistic assessments about their future.
    This was once a bone of contention between my Ni-valuing boyfriend and I. He’s constantly thinking of what we should do for the future, imagining our future together, and at the beginning he would try to get me to picture it so I can plan for it, but imagining the future is simply uninteresting to me and even stresses me out. He’s accepted the way I am now so he doesn’t press me to engage in Ni, but nonetheless I do feel a little guilty about being so weak in this area and having an inability to comfortably & aptly plan for the long-term future.

I’m often with my head in the clouds, like the stereotypical IEI, but I’m often preoccupied with thoughts about myself, my place in the world, and overthinking the things I’ve done or thinking about what I could do better. Or maybe I’m just thinking about what I should cook for dinner LOL. Or about a beautiful song I’ve heard. Or I’m just fantasizing about my boyfriend, haha

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My memory tends to be very clear and precise, but my perception is probably more subjective than others’ perception. I tend to remember/absorb sensations in a way that make clear how I personally feel about them. My mind has a habit of putting color casts/filters over my mental reels of memories that gives each of my memories a clear flavor or atmosphere. I’m not sure if this is what you are referring to.

I often want to be better at Ni, but sadly the description of Ni role fits me to a T:

This was once a bone of contention between my Ni-valuing boyfriend and I. He’s constantly thinking of what we should do for the future, imagining our future together, and at the beginning he would try to get me to picture it so I can plan for it, but imagining the future is simply uninteresting to me and even stresses me out. He’s accepted the way I am now so he doesn’t press me to engage in Ni, but nonetheless I do feel a little guilty about being so weak in this area and having an inability to comfortably & aptly plan for the long-term future.

I’m often with my head in the clouds, like the stereotypical IEI, but I’m often preoccupied with thoughts about myself, my place in the world, and overthinking the things I’ve done or thinking about what I could do better. Or maybe I’m just thinking about what I should cook for dinner LOL. Or about a beautiful song I’ve heard. Or I’m just fantasizing about my boyfriend, haha
    I have a lot of trouble with you associating to ISFJ in the mbti since mbti describes ISFJ as ESI - in the same light that ISFJ is harsh, systemic, thorough, their reaction is described in an Fi sense which is unpredictable (from making some sort of associations in their inner world), they are described by mbti as checking on the weather to preplan what they and their kids will wear the night before, as knowing how to apply force to push in know when and how to get their supervisors to get what they want; they can be quite sensitive where you come off more humorous and merry. Mbti describes them as quick, neat, orderly and the same behavior traits are translated to ESI
    -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast