Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you differentiate your mirage from your dual?

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Food View Post
    How do you differentiate mirage and duality? What's the most effective method of determining if someone is your mirage or your dual?
    This is very easy for me since I routinely work and interact with ILI (MBTI: INTJ). I'll sum up Illusionary vs Duality as Work yes/Love no vs Work HEAVENS MAYBE/HEAVENS YES!!! FINALLY afkdajlf;aljd;lajfda;lfj;adfjadh sex.

Please ask questions if this needs to be explained further.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    This is very easy for me since I routinely work and interact with ILI (MBTI: INTJ). I'll sum up Illusionary vs Duality as Work yes/Love no vs Work HEAVENS MAYBE/HEAVENS YES!!! FINALLY afkdajlf;aljd;lajfda;lfj;adfjadh sex.

Please ask questions if this needs to be explained further.
    What makes love/sex with your Dual (SLI) so much better in comparison to Illusionary (ILI)?

Btw, this reminds me of the quote from The Shining: "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    What makes love/sex with your Dual (SLI) so much better in comparison to Illusionary (ILI)?
    I for one do not agree. The submissiveness of the average ILI woman is beyond wildest dreams, you can basically do to them as you please, they are only to be matched by SLE women (which are, quite literally, fucking out of bounds). Sex with SLI women is very smooth, straightforward and devoid of any kind of stress, but rather unimaginative.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I for one do not agree. The submissiveness of the average ILI woman is beyond wildest dreams, you can basically do to them as you please, they are only to be matched by SLE women (which are, quite literally, fucking out of bounds). Sex with SLI women is very smooth, straightforward and devoid of any kind of stress, but rather unimaginative.
    What is your type, if I may ask?

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is your type, if I may ask?
    IEE
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their activating function. Sooner, or later, they will show signs they need it from you. Which will be worrisome because it is your polr.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Their activating function. Sooner, or later, they will show signs they need it from you. Which will be worrisome because it is your polr.
    I "liked" this post before I thought this through...
    Because, this is how to tell Semi-Dual from Dual, but not Mirage from Dual... The Activating functions actually match up for both Mirage and Dual...

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

They are easily differentiated by their suggestive function aka dual seeking
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I "liked" this post before I thought this through...
    Because, this is how to tell Semi-Dual from Dual, but not Mirage from Dual... The Activating functions actually match up for both Mirage and Dual...
    meh. true. I must have gottn some dyslexia and thought semidual. My bad.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then their Base will be your dual's Role. However that matches up into real life is left to you.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw, this reminds me of the quote from The Shining: "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."
    Actually, non-dual sex is better at first but over time, sex with your dual becomes increasingly better while sex with non-duals either becomes routine (read: boring) or tapers off and becomes non-existent much to the dismay of the two of you. Sex with a dual is really comfortable and open to imaginative possibilities which helps sexual partners become more receptive to the connection while sex with an illusionary is hot at first but the two begin to realize that they want and need different sexual partners. The ILI will start to think the IEE is into weird things while the IEE will think the ILI is a bit too submissive and wishes she'd initiate more; something the SLI excels at sensually.

Yes, duality really is great.
    Last edited by MisterNi; 05-24-2016 at 04:02 AM.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    Actually, non-dual sex is better at first but over time, sex with your dual becomes increasingly better while sex with non-duals either becomes routine (read: boring) or tapers off and becomes non-existent much to the dismay of the two of you. Sex with a dual is really comfortable and open to imaginative possibilities which helps sexual partners become more receptive to the connection while sex with an illusionary is hot at first but the two begin to realize that they want and need different sexual partners.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Food View Post
    Can you describe this?
    Probably not, it's a clash of *intuition*. I'll try though-

so I'm Ni ego, and I'm pretty confident in Ni and Ne. I don't like people stepping in on my Ni/Ne observations. Sensing types don't do that, if they try I'll win bc I'm better at it. Intuitive types will definitely do that, they can't help it, and it's a stalemate bc they're good at it too, and neither can be more correct bc it's a matter of perceptions (intuitions) clashing. So you might acknowledge the other person's point and move on, but it's not as satisfying as a Se ego. Sensing as an ego function is also about perception (unlike ethics or logics), but it doesn't interfere with your expertise. Just complements it.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Clashing of Intuition means to me this: "Extinguishment" of my Ni.

This translates to me being annoyed by someone's Ne being constantly directed at me. I tend to want to ignore it – it is my Ignoring function, literally.
    (In relation to the topic of this thread, I remember once this one IEE-Fi guy I had a crush on "let out" his Ne, it was disillusioning to me – it turned me off. I suppose he had been staying in his Se Role for me for a little while, and once the Ne got out, I felt less attracted.)

I don't like being confronted with Ne all the time, nor do I feel like the Ne ego person is truly listening to me when I talk – because my Ni is their Ignoring (or at least unvalued function). I can tell it does not actually get into their brain – it goes into one ear, and straight through it to the other. They can also get restless, annoyed by it, without knowing why. I consciously hold back on my Ni if I sense this, and I naturally feel inclined to "tune out" when they are using Ne, but in situations like class or whatever, I try to make myself listen to it anyway.

I can find it a bit irritating when EII-Ne people start to construct random ideas or daydreams with no relation to reality. Sometimes it is okay, other times I find it merely unnecessary.

Ne is not the worst thing in the world, it does not grate me nearly as much as Te can, but it still can "clash" with my Ni and make me feel frustrated.
    It is more acceptable when Ne gets "channeled" through Ti, but I'd still prefer other IE, like... Se.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 05-24-2016 at 06:53 PM.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My dual type would take interest in me the same way I take interest in him and he would be very decisive about me and he would lock me down as his girlfriend immediately, while my mirage type would be very wishy washy about me and string me along for years and he would constantly have "grass is greener" syndrome and he would keep his options open because he's just so fucking unsure about me.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Closeness? I can feel a superficiality with mirage, like ESE are a pleasant people, and that's as far as it goes. With dual I feel much closer to, like we click more. With both I share the same sense of humor via Ne, but with LSE idk there's just a click, plus an expanded sense of humor with Te and their blunt honesty. I also think the quadra attitude, like alpha being merry, makes ESE seem pleasant to me if they are the pleasant kind or drama interested if they are that kind, but they seem light to me, like cotton candy, you can eat it all day but there's no substance, LSE seems like a hearty meal, it fills your belly and gives you a good night sleep. And I feel I can goof off and also be serious with LSE, but with ESE I don't feel that same flexibility, it's mostly I feel I can goof off with them and that's it, getting serious just gets weird. Also ESE can be overwhelming with their expressiveness, in both bad and good ways but it seems like unsustainable excitement. So maybe I just feel more psychological range with LSE than ESE.

I also want to add that mirage can't help you . I remember one time I was feeling really down because of something that happened, ESE tried to cheer me up with hot chocolate, but they only did it so my frown would turn into a smile, not realizing the only way to stop my frown was to fix my problem, which LSE probably would have attempted to do.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 11-21-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12