TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ts-2022-05-04/

^ Some progress: A new proposal to sanction Russian oil, but it will be some time (months) before it's phased in—too little too late, and not nearly in time to reverse Putin's invasion. We really got caught with our pants down. And we got terribly lucky that Russia's invasion was bungled so catastrophically.
    Then let's ask scenic, tranquil Kazakhstan for oil! Oh, wait...

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jews as a group are almost certainly not opposed to Nazism
    images (1).jpeg

Nazis as a group are particularly opposed to jews. Jews are particularly opposed to nazis. This is common sense.

Also, the primary Wolfsangel they used didn't seem to be the Nazi version (non-Nazi versions of symbols does matter unless you're one of those "anything vaguely traditional is trash!" types,) though that hardly matters since lots of them have 1488 tattoos and like sieg heiling anyways.
    When I was 16 I hanged out once with a Punk who was all dressed in anarchist symbols. I had been a (serious) anarchist of sorts two years before the encounter and had been somewhat aquaintanced with anarcho-syndicalist labor unions. I told him that if he was interested he could go to their local headquarters. That started a short conversation that showed me his symbols and self-label actually were a fashion statement, not an actual understanding and support for the ideas. I imagine the very same thing happens to those AZOV ppl. (Yeah Beta AF, I know...)

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RBRS View Post
    images (1).jpeg

Nazis as a group are particularly opposed to jews. Jews are particularly opposed to nazis. This is common sense.
    Nazis are particularly opposed to Jews, but they are not and have never been any real threat to Jews and primarily inadvertently assist them through activities like helping create the state of Israel and giving Germans and other European groups a bad name and a guilt complex as well as muddling their minds with false ideas so they will be more pliable in international politics so Israel can get what it wants. Therefore, Jews are not particularly opposed to Nazis like Nazis are to Jews and the relationship is asymmetrical. Jews are probably not particularly happy about Nazis, but typical Jewish culture revolves around kvetching and following as many restrictions as possible and reflecting on the supposed brokenness of the world, typical cultural and religious Jews as a group would be miserable even without the Nazis' help, so they have nothing to lose from using the Nazis. Unlike the Germans, who did lose a lot during that time, though that is also all the Germans' faults for being dumb.

When I was 16 I hanged out once with a Punk who was all dressed in anarchist symbols. I had been a (serious) anarchist of sorts two years before the encounter and had been somewhat aquaintanced with anarcho-syndicalist labor unions. I told him that if he was interested he could go to their local headquarters. That started a short conversation that showed me his symbols and self-label actually were a fashion statement, not an actual understanding and support for the ideas. I imagine the very same thing happens to those AZOV ppl. (Yeah Beta AF, I know...)
    That is possibly true, but any time people waste on frivolity they are not using on real, serious things, things which really would scare "the elites." I would not intentionally and consciously use a Nazi symbol, because that is one less real symbol I could use. The non-Nazi version is just a depiction of a type of historical wolf trap and maybe could be a symbol of a hunting lodge or something similar. It's almost certainly important to people who live in Wolfsangel, Germany and similar locations. Nazi use of Nazi symbols, themselves, was rather frivolous. Nazis are nihilists, they believe in nothing. It is no wonder at all that nihilists always get attracted to Nazi symbols and Bolshevik symbols. People who are not nihilists usually get attracted to ohms and Buddha heads and Catholic angels and Orthodox icons instead in my experience.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    Nazis are particularly opposed to Jews, but they are not and have never been any real threat to Jews and primarily inadvertently assist them through activities like helping create the state of Israel and giving Germans and other European groups a bad name and a guilt complex as well as muddling their minds with false ideas so they will be more pliable in international politics so Israel can get what it wants. Therefore, Jews are not particularly opposed to Nazis like Nazis are to Jews and the relationship is asymmetrical. Jews are probably not particularly happy about Nazis, but typical Jewish culture revolves around kvetching and following as many restrictions as possible and reflecting on the supposed brokenness of the world, typical cultural and religious Jews as a group would be miserable even without the Nazis' help, so they have nothing to lose from using the Nazis. Unlike the Germans, who did lose a lot during that time, though that is also all the Germans' faults for being dumb.

That is possibly true, but any time people waste on frivolity they are not using on real, serious things, things which really would scare "the elites." I would not intentionally and consciously use a Nazi symbol, because that is one less real symbol I could use. The non-Nazi version is just a depiction of a type of historical wolf trap and maybe could be a symbol of a hunting lodge or something similar. It's almost certainly important to people who live in Wolfsangel, Germany and similar locations. Nazi use of Nazi symbols, themselves, was rather frivolous. Nazis are nihilists, they believe in nothing. It is no wonder at all that nihilists always get attracted to Nazi symbols and Bolshevik symbols. People who are not nihilists usually get attracted to ohms and Buddha heads and Catholic angels and Orthodox icons instead in my experience.
    Quoting for posterity.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is why Russia is vilified. If you have gold you can't have interest because the amount of money you have is anchored to gold. On the other hand, introducing interest into the monetary system makes the value of the currency approach zero. Things are not getting more expensive, fiat money is what gets more worthless because of indefinite interest. That is calculus and I learned it in high school, but math is not bankers' strong suite. It is not sufficient for the war, though. A few other countries do this and don't have a war on them.
    I'm not entirely up to speed on commodity-priced money, but there are suggestions that the Chinese central bank, because of China's access to both the global and Russian commodities markets (because it can ignore American sanctions), is uniquely positioned to act as a backstop for commodities markets. Over time, this builds into an increasing demand for an eastern commodities-backed currency.

The fact that Russian assets were frozen is also significant. Countries want to be insulated from the economic effects of their political decisions and will look for other ways to store their money.

Taken together, both of these pose a threat to the dollar's status as reserve currency.

This isn't to say that China poses a direct threat to the United States—it's still a poor country (and will be for some time), has major demographic problems, is easy to blockade because of its enclosed geographical location, and still has a backwards military. Like the hysteria over Russia, it's a bit paranoid to paint China as some existential threat to the United States. Still, Putin may have already triggered the creation of a truly multipolar world, and Putin may have already accomplished his grand strategic aim.

Food production is literally Russia's main industry, I would hope they can do that. People aren't just shivering in a blizzard in Moscow in their ushanka hats and begging Siberian reindeer herders and Kazakh horsemen for food in Russia. Also at this point seemingly everyone has their own Silicon Valley, the fourth age of sand must flow. If people think Russia can get starved of resources they have it confused with England or Japan probably.
    Policy makers were confident that economic sanctions would destroy the Russian economy. But Russia was prepared for this war, had stockpiled reserves, and has the intellectual capital to reindustrialize. Putin himself wasn't really a protectionist, but the pre-war sanctions on Russia, put in place after Russia's annexation of Crimea, were counterproductive in that they promoted Russian self-sufficiency.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ukraine's new HiMARS rocket artillery systems have really hurt Russian logistics. The Russians were storing their supplies in centralized depots near major railroads. Easy targets for HiMARS, which have the range to strike targets deep behind Russian lines.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Policy makers were confident that economic sanctions would destroy the Russian economy. But Russia was prepared for this war, had stockpiled reserves, and has the intellectual capital to reindustrialize. Putin himself wasn't really a protectionist, but the pre-war sanctions on Russia, put in place after Russia's annexation of Crimea, were counterproductive in that they promoted Russian self-sufficiency.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/07/22...uble-business/

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ukraine's new HiMARS rocket artillery systems have really hurt Russian logistics. The Russians were storing their supplies in centralized depots near major railroads. Easy targets for HiMARS, which have the range to strike targets deep behind Russian lines.
    In true Russian fashion, they moved a lot of munitions into a nuclear power plant. Given Russia's history of careful maintenance of war materials, there's no danger of anything going wrong here, of course.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Their bearishness may be a tad optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Overall, Russia needs world markets far more than the world needs Russian supplies; Europe received 83 percent of Russian gas exports but drew only 46 percent of its own supply from Russia in 2021. With limited pipeline connectivity to Asia, more Russian gas stays in the ground; indeed, the Russian state energy company Gazprom’s published data shows production is already down more than 35 percent year-on-year this month. For all Putin’s energy blackmail of Europe, he is doing so at significant financial cost to his own coffers.
    Russian fossil fuel exports may be down, but revenues are up due to higher gas & oil prices. Also, the RCB has dramatically cut interest rates (20% → 8%), removing a major capital control used to stabilize the Rouble, and the truth is that Putin is making enough money to do this.

The article says that Putin's revenue is offset by the fact that he's on a massive spending spree. I'm not sure that investment (assuming that's where it's going) is necessarily a bad thing for the Russian economy.

Businesses and parts may have left Russia, but it is possible to run a functioning economy without the latest technologies. Russia recently unveiled a sanction-proof car — one without airbags and anti-lock brakes. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61796067 That's not exactly modern or luxurious. In fact, it's a throwback to the mid-twentieth century. But the mid-twentieth century wasn't exactly the stone age, and people weren't exactly destitute.

Sooner or later, we'll know where this is going. But it is worth noting that sanctions have an extremely poor track record of changing the behaviour of hostile regimes.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Their bearishness may be a tad optimistic.

Russian fossil fuel exports may be down, but revenues are up due to higher gas & oil prices. Also, the RCB has dramatically cut interest rates (20% → 8%), removing a major capital control used to stabilize the Rouble, and the truth is that Putin is making enough money to do this.

The article says that Putin's revenue is offset by the fact that he's on a massive spending spree. I'm not sure that investment (assuming that's where it's going) is necessarily a bad thing for the Russian economy.

Businesses and parts may have left Russia, but it is possible to run a functioning economy without the latest technologies. Russia recently unveiled a sanction-proof car — one without airbags and anti-lock brakes. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61796067 That's not exactly modern or luxurious. In fact, it's a throwback to the mid-twentieth century. But the mid-twentieth century wasn't exactly the stone age, and people weren't exactly destitute.

Sooner or later, we'll know where this is going. But it is worth noting that sanctions have an extremely poor track record of changing the behaviour of hostile regimes.
    I don't think that economic sanctions will change Russia's attitudes or it's behavior towards its own subjects, any more than economic sanctions have changed the behavior of North Korea. I just want them to kill Russia's ability to invade it's neighbors.

Putin isn't in this war to make a profit. He and his mafia buddies already have all the money they could ever want. This is all about power.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Some Russian soldiers are refusing to continue to fight. Looks like an LIE and an LSE to me.

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-russ.../31955228.html

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These policy-makers you speak of never existed. As early as February 26th garden-variety economists working independently uploaded videos on YT speaking of Russia's break away from the dollar for exchange as a maybe unavoidable companion to the invasion; more obscure analysts on Twitter never understood the sanctions as ground-breaking; the rise of new superpowers in the globe is stated, accepted and celebrated as a natural decant in American think-tanks and has been so for at least 10 years. The aforementioned are closer to the real teams that work for policy-makers. Don't think the suited analysts and the fronts for political parties they sit to talk about the sanctions om CNN are the real deal nor that the drums these networks are told to roll are an actual picture of the situation. Something closer to repartition and severance is going on, and it hardly can be the best of Putin's outcomes as the full integration of European technology + Russia's natural resources would make that region of the world the most important superpower. That's all been torpedoed now and it's going according to plan because the severance from Russia has not stopped. Sometimes true slips, like up to a few months ago Russian officials still let out that what they wanted was an integrated territory from Lisbon to Vladivostok. The Arestovich video is another good example: everyone in the group of people that matters saw the war coming years ago but at the same time sources more partial to the Russian government have been circulating the idea that they OMG never expected that Russian economy would be so staunch. Please…in Latin America we're always on the verge of collapse but we twist and turn and survive, and so do governments…and Americans have extensive experience dealing with Latin A.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Russia's vision of the future for the rest of the world:

The head of RT (formerly Russia Today) Margarita Simonyan admits that for 10 years or more, she's been dreaming about instituting more censorship, banning Western media, and Russia becoming like China by achieving total information control. Most of all, Simonyan doesn't want the idea of freedom to ever come back to Moscow.

https://nitter.net/JuliaDavisNews/st...373837107204#m

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    These policy-makers you speak of never existed. As early as February 26th garden-variety economists working independently uploaded videos on YT speaking of Russia's break away from the dollar for exchange as a maybe unavoidable companion to the invasion; more obscure analysts on Twitter never understood the sanctions as ground-breaking; the rise of new superpowers in the globe is stated, accepted and celebrated as a natural decant in American think-tanks and has been so for at least 10 years. The aforementioned are closer to the real teams that work for policy-makers. Don't think the suited analysts and the fronts for political parties they sit to talk about the sanctions om CNN are the real deal nor that the drums these networks are told to roll are an actual picture of the situation. Something closer to repartition and severance is going on, and it hardly can be the best of Putin's outcomes as the full integration of European technology + Russia's natural resources would make that region of the world the most important superpower. That's all been torpedoed now and it's going according to plan because the severance from Russia has not stopped. Sometimes true slips, like up to a few months ago Russian officials still let out that what they wanted was an integrated territory from Lisbon to Vladivostok. The Arestovich video is another good example: everyone in the group of people that matters saw the war coming years ago but at the same time sources more partial to the Russian government have been circulating the idea that they OMG never expected that Russian economy would be so staunch. Please…in Latin America we're always on the verge of collapse but we twist and turn and survive, and so do governments…and Americans have extensive experience dealing with Latin A.
    Are you sure? I remember Biden talking about "turning the Rouble to rubble". Daleep Singh, one of Biden's top advisers, talked about piercing Putin's "fortress economy". My impression was that the White House really was expecting sanctions to halt Russia's economy.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Are you sure? I remember Biden talking about "turning the Rouble to rubble". Daleep Singh, one of Biden's top advisers, talked about piercing Putin's "fortress economy". My impression was that the White House really was expecting sanctions to halt Russia's economy.
    Ultimately, when you accept foreign currency (or any currency, for that matter), you are making a calculation that you will be able to buy (exchange that currency for) something of value from that country in the future.

If you think that the country is not going to be able to produce anything of value, you first ask for more currency (which means that you think that the future value of their goods and services will be less than it is today), or you refuse to take their currency altogether.

If the world weans itself from gas and oil (and it had better do this), what items of value will you be able to buy from Russia, that you can't get cheaper/better from someone else?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How is the Russian economy doing today?

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=4167193

And a good article on why Russia is not a Great Power.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...litary/670947/

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Soviet Russia, Ukraine questions you.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As ridiculously bad as that was, Russia still has an arsenal of effective long-range ballistic missiles, and some of those are able to carry nuclear warheads. The longer that this war goes on, the closer we get to the deployment of nuclear weapons.

We've all just seen that our leaders are perfectly willing to engage in brinkmanship. I'd even suggest that escalation has been gradual primarily because of Russia's counter-threat to conventional interests, like the globalized economy (for instance, by cutting gas, by destroying undersea Internet cables, by threatening to torpedo freighters), and less so because our myopic leaders are afraid of nuclear war.

We've also seen that there are many avenues of brinkmanship that don't immediately trigger a nuclear war, giving the false sense that nuclear war isn't inevitable. Apparently, nuclear weapons don't automatically deter the escalation that may result in their eventual use.

I've read a lot of fawning, especially in mainstream media, about the new artillery systems (HiMARS, one of the most sophisticated artillery systems in the world) that were delivered to Ukraine. They have been effective in the short-term, and I've been quietly optimistic that they'll prevent Ukraine's unconditional surrender. But Ukraine's army is battered, meaning that these weapons' long-term contribution is questionable. Miracle weapons are nice but aren't a game-changer without basics (like experienced infantrymen), and the media glosses over this in its eagerness for fresh attacks on Russian-occupied territories. But even more criminally, the media often forgets to mention that the gradual deployment of increasingly destructive weapons has a logical conclusion.
    Last edited by xerx; 07-30-2022 at 08:46 PM. Reason: clarification

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multiple videos of Russians cutting off genitalia of POWs and raping them and dragging them behind cars.

Thankfully someone's fighting the nazis...

-------------------------------

It's true xerx but that's exactly my point about suited officials in my post that you quoted.

Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post

Multiple videos of Russians cutting off genitalia of POWs and raping them and dragging them behind cars.

Thankfully someone's fighting the nazies…
    Now what we need are more people telling us that Russians only invaded a peaceful country and have been committing atrocities against its citizens because they were scared the country would join NATO. The “Special Operation” has been 150 days of SELF DEFENSE. And indiscriminate murder of civilians, kidnapping, Geneva convention violations, leveling of cities, targeting of hospitals and schools, theft of grain, and on and on.

Some people are ignorant, some are fucking stupid, and some are evil gaslighters.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 07-30-2022 at 11:39 AM.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Russia invaded Ukraine and Fucked up it's own economy and diplomatic relations just to do atrocities, they're all bloodthirsty killers, and geopolitical decisions are made on emotionalisms not proper reasons and goals. Well, actually that's not the case, the case is that NATO alongside the whole west is secretly controlled by a cabal of NAZI SUPREMACISTS including the jewish state of Israel and Putin/Russia is leading an epic liberation war against this cabal of jewish nazis.

Or did Russia (evidently) invaded Ukraine because it has been a ping-pong ball between Russia and the US? Russia didn't want Ukraine to be part of NATO's sphere of influence, even less to be able to spark a war with it. Doesn't the US keep it's main allies in Europe under control preventing Nordstream 2 and renewing NATO treaties? Have I not been right in most of what I said since before the war started?

When the Iraq war started, was it because G.W. Bush saw in the news Saddam was an evil dictator and conmotioned, he decided to step up for good, liberty and faith in jesuschrist? How much atrocities were commited in Chechenya, Iraq, Lybia...?

What's happening here is statesman playing chess with each other and the pawns commiting atrocious acts, the victim of which is the people. But some would put their TV on, watch the news of how the enemy is evil and atrocious and join alongside the rest of the sheeple, to the point media hysterics about how the enemy is evil and makes decisions based on pure satanic malevolence replace any sort of real analysis.

I probably look on the situation detatching from emotionalist propaganda of both sides because my evilness. My binding pact with yalbadaoth urges me to rape nuns and to have a fact-based opinion on the Russia-Ukraine war. Somebody should exorcise me so I can see how valid of an argument for the war being waged just out of evil is that there's war crimes in a war.
    Last edited by RBRS; 07-30-2022 at 12:11 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Russia invaded Ukraine and Fucked up it's own economy and diplomatic relations just to do atrocities, they're all bloodthirsty killers, and geopolitical decisions are made on emotionalisms not proper reasons and goals. Well, actually that's not the case, the case is that NATO alongside the whole west is secretly controlled by a cabal of NAZI SUPREMACISTS including the jewish state of Israel and Putin/Russia is leading an epic liberation war against this cabal of jewish nazis.

Or did Russia (evidently) invaded Ukraine because it has been a ping-pong ball between Russia and the US? Russia didn't want Ukraine to be part of NATO's sphere of influence, even less to be able to spark a war with it. Doesn't the US keep it's main allies in Europe under control preventing Nordstream 2 and renewing NATO treaties? Have I not been right in most of what I said since before the war started?

When the Iraq war started, was it because G.W. Bush saw in the news Saddam was an evil dictator and conmotioned, he decided to step up for good, liberty and faith in jesuschrist? How much atrocities were commited in Chechenya, Iraq, Lybia...?

What's happening here is statesman playing chess with each other and the pawns commiting atrocious acts, the victim of which is the people. But some would put their TV on, watch the news of how the enemy is evil and atrocious and join alongside the rest of the sheeple, to the point media hysterics about how the enemy is evil and makes decisions based on pure satanic malevolence replace any sort of real analysis.

I probably look on the situation detatching from emotionalist propaganda of both sides because my evilness. My binding pact with yalbadaoth urges me to rape nuns and to have a fact-based opinion on the Russia-Ukraine war. Somebody should exorcise me so I can see how valid of an argument for the war being waged just out of evil is that there's war crimes in a war.
    You should probably get that fixed. I think the war is being waged out of evil, kind of, but not by people who think it's great and revel in sadism for the most part. No, by people who think they're compelled, that it's the "lesser evil" and they "have to." And I think Israel sucks but they're not behind every grand world event. Things mostly aren't conspiracies, things mostly are stupidity. "Against stupidity the very gods themselves struggle in vain." — Friedrich von Schiller. And your Devil or Yalbadaoth I can't see as anything other than a being that has willingly embraced stupidity to the point of being its personification. "Oh, but the Devil is always said to be smart!" Well, that is how stupidity itself appears to the stupid, some asymptote they can never cross. But it doesn't make it correct. Someone who tries to get all the answers wrong on purpose knows the right ones, on some level, but there are more factors in play. The world is not divided into multiple truths, there is one Truth within and outside the world which encompasses all things yet surpasses them. So anyone opposed to that is stupid no matter what they may think of themselves.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should probably get that fixed. I think the war is being waged out of evil, kind of, but not by people who think it's great and revel in sadism for the most part. No, by people who think they're compelled, that it's the "lesser evil" and they "have to." And I think Israel sucks but they're not behind every grand world event. Things mostly aren't conspiracies, things mostly are stupidity. "Against stupidity the very gods themselves struggle in vain." — Friedrich von Schiller. And your Devil or Yalbadaoth I can't see as anything other than a being that has willingly embraced stupidity to the point of being its personification. "Oh, but the Devil is always said to be smart!" Well, that is how stupidity itself appears to the stupid, some asymptote they can never cross. But it doesn't make it correct. Someone who tries to get all the answers wrong on purpose knows the right ones, on some level, but there are more factors in play. The world is not divided into multiple truths, there is one Truth within and outside the world which encompasses all things yet surpasses them. So anyone opposed to that is stupid no matter what they may think of themselves.
    I cannot think of a single reason why not declaring the war on Ukraine would be a reasonable option for Putin (specially due to his kind of regime).

To be stupid is to deny reality to such an extent you start interchanging or countering real analysis with "But le ebil ruskies kill children so take that" specially when the discussion is about why the war was declared.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Interview with Ukrainian general Kryvonos, SLE-Ti.

English translation here: https://wartranslated.com/big-interv...onos-updating/

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suddenly there is all of these corruption scandals in Ukraine, as if this was actual news. US/Western media is obviously starting to turn against Ukraine and Zelensky. How long until the first criminal trial or assassination attempt? He might get whacked (by the US or Ukraine's home grown Nazis) before Putin gets a chance to do anything about it. Or maybe not, but I can't really see a happy ending.
    Last edited by Park; 08-01-2022 at 02:20 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Suddenly there is all of these corruption scandals in Ukraine, as if this was actual news. US/Western media is obviously starting to turn against Ukraine and Zelensky. How long until the first criminal trial or assassination attempt? He might get whacked (by the US or Ukraine's home grown Nazis) before Putin gets a chance to do anything about it. Or maybe not, but I can't really see a happy ending.
    I live in a hole, care to elaborate please?
    Or don't, I'll survive.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    In my country towns are changing the names of the streets from typical and recogized national characters to "President Zelensky". Haven't seen the corruption news, the media here seems to try and hide it.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

June/July 2022:

- Biden says Zelensky ‘didn’t want to hear’ U.S. warnings of invasion (Biden throwing Zelensky under the bus)
    - Judgment Day Is Coming for Zelensky (establishment democrats announcing Zelensky is a dead man)
    - Scandal: Ukraine sells military equipment donated by NATO countries (No shit)
    - Victoria Spartz Doubles Down, Calls on Zelensky Aide to Quit (Hehe)
    - Corruption concerns involving Ukraine are revived as the war with Russia drags on (NPR suddenly reports corruption in Ukraine after cheering on Zelensky and supporting the massive money/arms transfer)
    - As Ukraine war bogs down, U.S. assessments face scrutiny (WashPo starting to question pentagon’s lies)
    Last edited by Park; 08-02-2022 at 12:36 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why do Russian soldiers break on the Ukranian battlefield?

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...578631681.html

Why do the Russians that we see interviewed in Moscow and St. Petersburg say they support the war in Ukraine, which is one of the deadliest wars on earth in the last 100 years?

The reason is, for every 1 Muscovite killed, there are 87 Dagestanis (a Muslim minority from near Georgia����), 275 Buryats (a Buddhist, Mongolian minority from Siberia), & 350 are Tuvans (a Buddhist, Turkic minority from Siberia).

https://nitter.net/pic/media%2FFZHES...3Fname%3Dsmall

To the people in Moscow, a dead Tuvan is one less problem for their empire. Hell, to the Russian elite, Russia's minorities fighting and dying is a win-win.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-02-2022 at 02:12 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

An SLE in his element.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

And now a word from the Russian chess grandmaster, Garry Kasparov:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...612189185.html

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't think that the Russians expected there to be much opposition.

Of course, the Ukrainians are very lucky that the Russian troops are so fucking stupid.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interview with Ukrainian general Kryvonos

English translation here: https://wartranslated.com/big-interv...onos-updating/
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryvonos
    (K): The one they took was the Hostomel airfield. Thank God, thanks to the reasonably quick reaction of the organization of work, on all the other airfields, the Russians were burned. There was an attempt to land Russian paratroopers at Vasylkivsk airfield, but the planes were shot down. Some Russian paratroopers even managed to land from Il-76. There were about 20 people there, but they were surrounded and eliminated. About 20 had time to land, to assemble, and then AFU destroyed them. It happened due to the precise right actions, who were in charge of the defense of those airports, those airfields. We did not allow the Russians to work out the operation. Do you know what the specifics are? You, as a military historian, probably pay attention to that. I think you paid attention to it a long time ago.

The Russians often try out previously existing patterns of action of the Russian and Soviet armies. It just already imposes the nuances of modernity. So what the Russians did in the Kyiv direction very often reminds me of the actions of the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact countries in 1968 in the occupation of Czechoslovakia. The same. Airfields, robust tank columns, rapid advance. It worked there. It didn’t work here. Czechoslovakia, the Czech Republic, and Slovakia did not want to go into conflict. They didn’t fight. And the Ukrainians, regardless of the country’s political leadership position, were instantly self-organized, having already had enough experience. And they started to burn Russian tanks wherever they could. Only afterward was it taken under the control of the military leadership and became more or less normally managed.
    Thanks for that. I've kept wondering how VDV units were repelled during that battle.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks for that. I've kept wondering how VDV units were repelled during that battle.
    Well, the VDV themselves probably were not stupid, since they had some prior experience, but the US had warned Ukraine that an invasion was immanent, so Ukraine had some time to prepare. Also, the paratroopers are not designed to hold territory, and their reinforcements from Russia were being held up by dedicated attackers and logistic failures on the roads.

In any case, most of them are dead now, along with most of the rest of the experienced soldiers in Russia's army, and what is left is an inexperienced, unprofessional mob of looters and rapists. Not that the army didn't have a lot of those to start with, but now they have more.

https://mwi.usma.edu/an-airfield-too...onov-airfield/

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An emerging story is increasing Russian-Iranian military cooperation. Russia has allegedly acquired Shahed-129 drones (which are apparently fairly capable). Iranian drones were effective against Saudi forces in the ongoing war in Yemen, used as loitering munitions (kamikaze drones), as they are more difficult to intercept than missiles. https://bit.ly/3zVBDMe

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An emerging story is increasing Russian-Iranian military cooperation. Russia has allegedly acquired Shahed-129 drones (which are apparently fairly capable). Iranian drones were effective against Saudi forces in the ongoing war in Yemen, used as loitering munitions (kamikaze drones), as they are more difficult to intercept than missiles. https://bit.ly/3zVBDMe
    I told people Iran is not a joke and a more immediate threat than China but I got told Chinese is definitely more useful than Persian and if I were interested in Persian I should GTFO anyways. Now I feel like Cassandra, and I still know a lot more Persian than Chinese. Ofc the real problem is that the US tends to increasingly look like the bad guys, either that or there are no good guys, but it's nearly impossible to see the US as the good guys when their military activities, much like the state of Israel's, have mostly been confined to machine-gunning down kids who throw rocks (I think Israel has gotten a lot better ironically and the US has gotten a lot worse.)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

And this, after the head of the factory swore that he'd never assist either side in this war.

SMH.

Apparently, there are some trouble makers at that factory who are subverting the wishes of the owners. I wonder if the Shahed-129 factory needs some Nazi-cleansing?

In any case, https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...941490178.html
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-07-2022 at 12:29 AM.