Thread: The16types Typings Spreadsheet

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    That would make more sense. I'm not sure what the rationale for IEI is...
    It was actually one of my first suggested type, later on I find out I value Fe. I think everyone need a starting point in the system to figure it out.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post

What does that make LSEs?
    The ultimate caretakers.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far 93% of people (14/15) type me as LII/LII-Ti. I think I did a good self-typing job then.
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

So far 0% of people have typed me my self typing of LIE. I am not amused by your silly games

also I need clarification on what makes people see Fe vs Fi

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chryssie View Post
    So far 0% of people have typed me my self typing of LIE. I am not amused by your silly games

First time I have seen your new self typing. 8 huh? Good for you!

* I do not type you yet but I have seen your pic so... I might not ever type you LIE 8, sorry. <3

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chryssie View Post
    check my bloggers examples

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    check my bloggers examples
    That's still not saying anything on what you see the difference is. Yeah, you claim your impressions are intuitive and abstract, but you could also describe those impressions with abstract concepts for example, if someone feels "flowy" vs "harsh".
    And all impressions one gets from people comes from a tangible motivation in those people

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    That's still not saying anything on what you see the difference is.
    It's examples. They say everything. Just needs to think a little to generalize the impressions from nonverbal and to link them with types' descriptions and models. Sometimes it's possibly to analyse what bloggers do and say, - for example, with clips where they tell about themselves.

> Yeah, you claim your impressions are intuitive and abstract

They are intuitive by the source - I watch and get the feelings of traits. If the impressions have good balance to one side of traits than to opposite one - I trust to such opinion. Those traits are not abstract. In my consciousness they look in terms which you may find in types/functions/dichotomies/IR/etc descriptions. I use common classical theory.

> but you could also describe those impressions with abstract concepts for example, if someone feels "flowy" vs "harsh"

This follows from classical texts. For example, EIE compared to EII will be in the perception of LSE as more harsh. F types talk generally more "flowy" than T types. I use nothing special.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"TBA soon"
    was so shy to say types for almost anyone, but not his nickname
    I'm intrigued

that was funny

. . . . . Strangeling . | Viktor
    Viktor: viktor gulenko? | <---- yes

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed that several people are typing me LII or IEI.

It's not surprising considering my style of writing in this forum. And the things I write about.

I think it's a combination of "pseudo-adaption" of weak intuition together with some common sense, experience, impressions and knowledge from what I've read before. Together they give the impression of "intuitive type". Plus being in an environment like this forum that has no use for my natural self (except for the chat box, where it's more easy to breath)
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post

It's not surprising considering my style of writing in this forum. And the things I write about.

I think it's a combination of "pseudo-adaption" of weak intuition together with some common sense, experience, impressions and knowledge from what I've read before. Together they give the impression of "intuitive type". Plus being in an environment like this forum that has no use for my natural self (except for the chat box, where it's more easy to breath)

Try talking about fluffy pillows, cooking and your bodily sensations more.

The Jungian definition of Si could be your best fit, probably not the socionics version (as many interpret it). I don't know anything about you really so this is just a guess that Jungian Si is best fit.

I don't care that the info does not come from a socionics related site. As Richard Bach would say:

“I'll quote the truth wherever I find it, thank you.”

It’s important to note that introverted sensing is not solely tied to past events. It also sees how the object or sensation can be used in the future. As Carl Jung said, “We could say that introverted sensation transmits an image which does not so much reproduce the object as spread over it the patina of age-old subjective experience and the shimmer of events still unborn. The bare sense impression develops in depth, reaching into the past and future, while extraverted sensation seizes on the momentary existence of things open to the light of day.”

According to neuroscientist Dario Nardi, introverted sensing types show increased brain activity in regions that plan for the future. They enjoy seeing how something can be used in the future, or how an experience can be created. They may enjoy creating traditions that have sentimental value, like going through an advent calendar every Christmas or eating the same breakfast every Sunday morning. Basically, Si-users experience life in a timeless way. They are constantly shifting through past, present, and future impressions. The present experience will be a memory one day. The current experience reminds us of a similar experience in the past. This same experience can be re-created and enjoyed in the future.

Introverted sensors are quick to pick up on patterns in either systems or human behavior. They think about how situations played out in the past and consider how those same patterns might repeat themselves in the future. They compare and contrast present realities to past experience to see if patterns are continuing or if there is a noticeable shift or difference.

Unhealthy Introverted Sensing:

Extreme or unhealthy introverted sensing can lead to an inability to let go of objects that are tied to particular impressions. As a result, unhealthy Si-users can have issues with hoarding. Instead of seeing a coffee cup that belonged to one’s grandmother, the introverted sensor sees the impression of the grandmother; all the fond memories, the lazy Saturday mornings gathered around the table, the perfume grandmother used to wear, how her voice sounded, her kindness. As a result, the introverted sensor is unable to let go of the coffee mug because it has lost its objective reality, it has, in a way, become grandmother.

“Above all, his development alienates him from the reality of the object, leaving him at the mercy of his subjective perceptions, which orient his consciousness to an archaic reality…Actually he lives in a mythological world, where men, animals, locomotives, houses, rivers, and mountains appear either as benevolent deities or as malevolent demons.”
    – Carl Jung, Psychological Types

Extreme extraverted sensing can lead to an over-indulgence in experience and sensory gratification. The unhealthy Se-user wants new and novel experiences, tastes, feelings, thrills to an excessive or destructive degree.
    Examples of Healthy Introverted Sensing:

Healthy introverted sensing looks to stored impressions and data to retain an incredibly accurate knowledge base. SJs can recall with vivid detail exactly how a situation played out before or the important details of systems or people. They swiftly recall facts and details that will be important in the future. When they learn something new that they deem as important they are quick to see how it will benefit them in the future. They may enjoy collecting facts and impressions throughout their life in an effort to use them productively in some way. Lessons learned through personal exposure and observation are rarely lost.

Is Introverted Sensing “Conformist”, or “Overly Traditional”?
    There is really nothing about introverted sensing that is conformist. At least not if you trust what Carl Jung wrote about the function. People have made strange leaps of judgment about introverted sensing types; that they are unable to think for themselves or innovate. While it’s true that intuition is more focused on theoretical possibilities and abstract innovation, introverted sensing can be innovative in a hands-on, way. ISTJs like Jeff Bezos and Peter Thiel innovated when they created Amazon and Paypal. There are even SJ philosophers like Thomas Hobbes and Martin Heidegger.

https://www.psychologyjunkie.com/201...erted-sensing/

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Try talking about fluffy pillows, cooking and your bodily sensations more.

The Jungian definition of Si could be your best fit, probably not the socionics version (as many interpret it). I don't know anything about you really so this is just a guess that Jungian Si is best fit.
    Jungs Si and Socionics Si is the same thing. It's just that Jung digs into the core of the experience but Socionics looks more at it from the outside.

Jungs Si and "past events" has been horribly misunderstood. Jung is using that kind of language to describe the quality of the experience itself. It is definitely not a personal thing at all. It has nothing to do with my own past or memories or anything like that.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Jungs Si and Socionics Si is the same thing. It's just that Jung digs into the core of the experience but Socionics looks more at it from the outside.

Jungs Si and "past events" has been horribly misunderstood. Jung is using that kind of language to describe the quality of the experience itself. It is definitely not a personal thing at all. It has nothing to do with my own past or memories or anything like that.
    I personally find Si an uncomfortable way to process anything and do not like to be instructed on it. Socionics descriptions of it do make it seem almost as useless as they make Ni seem when it comes to getting things done in the real world because of the potential of being overly concerned with ones internal sensations? I am not sure how it isn't personal or related to memory though. Life itself is personal and relies on memory one way or another. I will have to take your word for it.

Edit: I remember being new here and not one person was able to describe Si to me. I ended up sorting it myself and figuring out just how and when I used it.

YWIMW

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@suedehead , do I seem like a Ne ego to you?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Edit: I remember being new here and not one person was able to describe Si to me.
    It would be enough to read any text about functions.
    Socionics is Jung's typology and uses same core functions descriptions. The difference of expanded descriptions does not mean it's other functions or special Jung's one. Those expanded descriptions are just secondary interpretations. Jung could to mistake like anyone (what he did even about own type) or to say something in a way that could be understood wrongly with his muddy leading Ni.
    Si are sensations related to subject/human. Like taste, the feeling of comfort, aestetic pleasure, beauty - it's all subjective feelings/sensations. Same you may read anywhere. And same is at Jung - subjective sensations.

What type Tallmo has we'd could to understand only with good typing material like video. He may have not SEI, as mistakes are not rare.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While SEI isn't totally out of the question -- you haven't done a typing thread, so I don't know too much about you -- this is a poor excuse.

Typical Alpha SF forum behavior (exemplified by, IMO, bg and other past members) is more focused (for example) on being entertaining or creating a light mood. It's not like anyone is forcing you to talk about technical topics, indeed most people spend most of their time here socializing -- an environment which has plenty of "use" for an SEI, although they are typically more interested in real-life activities. @Suz also has no problem expressing Si on the forum.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While SEI isn't totally out of the question -- you haven't done a typing thread, so I don't know too much about you -- this is a poor excuse.

Typical Alpha SF forum behavior (exemplified by, IMO, bg and other past members) is more focused (for example) on being entertaining or creating a light mood. It's not like anyone is forcing you to talk about technical topics, indeed most people spend most of their time here socializing -- an environment which has plenty of "use" for an SEI, although they are typically more interested in real-life activities. @Suz also has no problem expressing Si on the forum.
    i'm not sure if i'm SEI or ESI at this point, actually (or something else entirely)
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    i'm not sure if i'm SEI or ESI at this point, actually (or something else entirely)
    You're a rabbit, Suz

You gotta go down the rabbit hole.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Don't worry Sol will do non verbals if you want to.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it's based on some dated questionnaire, but still:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...naire-(Tallmo)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    As I understand for polr T type is harder to select words so they together contained a sense, so I'll help you a little.
    Sol types by nonverbal info. It's typed one who does "nonverbals".

Thanks for the attention.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm trusting that he (Tallmo) is really pushing his analysis.

I can tell that I can not just flow like irrational dynamic person would. I'd really have to push for it. Releasing some sort of actually seems to be quite OK-ish for me (as I'm ethical in Sol's book). I know EII who would tell what just went on (like enneagram 9 description). Not that natural but brings some comfort, I guess.

It is a thing.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As I understand for polr type is harder to select words so they together contained a sense, so I'll help you a little.

I just consider it as one of the well established of Sol expressions. Do non-verbals = Sol analyses your every bodily twist​.

Or maybe non verbals are not real for me. I hardly notice anything as detailed as body movements.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 04-04-2018 at 07:08 PM.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Non verbal =intuition but imma sensor but still read you better than you do - sol 2k18

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the moment I am on a phone and have no access to a computer. Would someone mind adding me?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yea i mind

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm finally being placed in alpha~

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Orthotomus View Post
    Well, it's based on some dated questionnaire, but still:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...naire-(Tallmo)
    Ah ok, thanks.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I understand for polr T type is harder to select words so they together contained a sense, so I'll help you a little.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    You're a rabbit, Suz

You gotta go down the rabbit hole.
    story of my life...

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

story of my life...
    I could see that
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

story of my life...
    *PETS AGGRESSIVELY*

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yes. I wasnt complaining at all. Im totally ok with the forum and me being here. Just giving my feedback why i think some people dont see SEI. Im totally aware of that i dont seem SEI

I never made a typing thread because my type was always clear to me. But ive filled out a questionare

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    I thought the same as @thehotelambush. That and I also thought your writing style seems static>dynamic and IJ.
    Yes thats true. Very static and technical

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally find Si an uncomfortable way to process anything
    I don't like Ni either.

I am not sure how it isn't personal or related to memory though. Life itself is personal and relies on memory one way or another. I will have to take your word for it.
    You provided this quote:

As Carl Jung said, “We could say that introverted sensation transmits an image which does not so much reproduce the object as spread over it the patina of age-old subjective experience and the shimmer of events still unborn. The bare sense impression develops in depth, reaching into the past and future, while extraverted sensation seizes on the momentary existence of things open to the light of day.”

Jung is here talking about the character of the impression. He is in a way using poetic language to describe something very hard to describe. It's not about my personal memory, or past/future, but a way to characterize the experience.

Jung uses the word "patina". That's a brilliant way to say Si with one word.

The writer goes on:

According to neuroscientist Dario Nardi, introverted sensing types show increased brain activity in regions that plan for the future. They enjoy seeing how something can be used in the future, or how an experience can be created. They may enjoy creating traditions that have sentimental value,

This is were he totally misunderstands Jung, just like MBTI does. That's why I say that it's not personal. It has nothing to do with my past/future or my memory.

Socionics descriptions of it do make it seem almost as useless as they make Ni seem when it comes to getting things done in the real world because of the potential of being overly concerned with ones internal sensations?
    Si is in fact useful, but usually only when paired with Te. Delta STs are the craftsmen, painters and carpenters of society. Si gives the person a "feeling" for materials. That's the unconscious component to sensing that Jung talks about and that is the secret of fine craftsmanship.

SEIs have more difficulties to put Si to use, it requires more adaption and development of thinking, but of course it's also possible.

What one usually sees in SEIs is poorly developed base function. Maybe that's why Si is seen as responsible for laziness. It is responsible for laziness though, but not to the extent that is believed imo.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Si is in fact useful, but usually only when paired with Te.
    Do not underestimate alpha F types.
    To cook good it does not need good Te. Today medicine with a lot of specializations they do ok too. Other social and arts stuff.

> Delta STs are the craftsmen, painters and carpenters of society.

all S types do this ok. including F ones, where it does not need higher economy, comlicated organisation (like mass production) or creating new technology methods

> What one usually sees in SEIs is poorly developed base function

heresy
    normal typing is what you need to check your type. you strangely miss the social role of "own" type

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Could someone update "Penny dreadful" to Feathers please? I wouldn't like missing out on all the spreadsheet fun.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fail. Not See.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type 8