0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sigh* Vid's here :p

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i dont really see any benefit to jumping into the discussion with @mercutio and @blackburry lol.

as for @Elina being easily offended..its not something ive noticed myself but my interactions with her have always been pretty superficial and in a group. but i do notice her being extra careful to not offend other people.

Creepy-theticalanti

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    Maybe you should focus on things like moving out of your parents place, to find yourself.
    Maybe you should focus on not being a douche???

She didn't say she was having trouble finding herself either. She just said it interfered with her emotional state in the making of the video. You're making quite the stretch.

Also, not sure where you're from merc, but in other countries outside of the US, it's more commonplace to live with parents through twenties while working full-time. In some countries, girls only move out when they get married. FYI.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I said earlier, we will wait for Lungs to give her take. We know you're easily offended. And you're showing it right now.
    you are so incredibly simpleminded and at you're age, it's a bit sad... like I said, way to try to stir the pot. And didn't you shit all over her thread as well by ..using the same tactics re: your lovely input and pics about feminists being fat chicks (which I entirely disagree with). god man, at least try to use a morsel of intelligence... anywho, good luck with that. as stated...typical merc. you silly goat you.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Maybe you should focus on not being a douche???

She didn't say she was having trouble finding herself either. She just said it interfered with her emotional state in the making of the video. You're making quite the stretch.

Also, not sure where you're from merc, but in other countries outside of the US, it's more commonplace to live with parents through twenties while working full-time. In some countries, girls only move out when they get married. FYI.
    To be fair William you are probably not aware of the off forum conversations between them and between a group of us so there are other dynamics at play here. I believe that Elina and Merc have had some conversations that have led to a bit of miscommunication between them. They do not speak each other's languages. Merc often gives advice in a straightforward manner that is not taken well by some. I don't think he has ever intended to insult her but it might have been taken that way. I can totally see why.

*queue Truck*

“You say you have all this empathy but you don’t believe in absurd. In his power. You get offended by what he says. Weak. Yeah well I’m not like all those other girls that gave up on absurd. I really care.” Aylen stood by Absurd and hugged him affectionately.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    you are so incredibly simpleminded and at you're age, it's a bit sad... like I said, way to try to stir the pot. And didn't you shit all over her thread as well by ..using the same tactics re: your lovely input and pics about feminists being fat chicks (which I entirely disagree with). god man, at least try to use a morsel of intelligence... anywho, good luck with that. as stated...typical merc. you silly goat you.
    We're focusing on Elina here. IEI's if they do feel offended, will take it up with the person that they feel has offended them at the right moment.

Creepy-theticalanti

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    To be fair William you are probably not aware of the off forum conversations between them and between a group of us so there are other dynamics at play here. I believe that Elina and Merc have had some conversations that have led to a bit of miscommunication between them. They do not speak each other's languages. Merc often gives advice in a straightforward manner that is not taken well by some. I don't think he has ever intended to insult her but it might have been taken that way. I can totally see why.
    I'm a bit appalled that you're defending him. And no, I doubt that it's completely unintentional when he proudly admits that 'he's judgmental'. (One must embrace the Se and see the motivations)

I've argued with Merc briefly in another thread about pointless crap until I realized that trying to have a conversation with him about anything meaningful is like trying to take down the Great Wall of China with your head.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I'm a bit appalled that you're defending him. And no, I doubt that it's completely unintentional when he proudly admits that 'he's judgmental'. (One must embrace the Se and see the motivations)

I've argued with Merc briefly in another thread about pointless crap until I realized that trying to have a conversation with him about anything meaningful is like trying to take down the Great Wall of China with your head.
    First, we must be true to ourselves, and admit our own biases, and behaviours.

Second, if your arguement is solid then you will penetrate the wall.

Third, you really should stop banging your head against hard things. You'll get brain damage.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Well you are choosing to feel appalled by it but I just threw out some random facts that some of you guys are not aware of. This is not the first time this conversation has happened between the two of them. I like them both and do not like to see them go back and forth but ultimately it is not my business how they choose to respond to each other.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I liked this thread better when I was all emo and I liked our little group better when you two talked to each directly.

YWIMW

Creepy-theticalanti

Well you are choosing to feel appalled by it but I just threw out some random facts that some of you guys are not aware of. This is not the first time this conversation has happened between the two of them. I like them both and do not like to see them go back and forth but ultimately it is not my business how they choose to respond to each other.
    Yes, it was a good point. And how they choose to speak with each other privately is their business. But he just posted something on a PUBLIC discussion forum, open to the comments of other people.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    I've been replying to him directly?
    On skype. I meant.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're focusing on Elina here. IEI's if they do feel offended, will take it up with the person that they feel has offended them at the right moment.
    ah...now you're choosing to go back to the point of the thread. I hear ya.

...You've yet to state which type you think she is.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    How many times did you change your own type? Or to put it in plain English: you don't know shit, you're still a beginner when it comes to Socionics.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    ah...now you're choosing to go back to the point of the thread. I hear ya.

...You've yet to state which type you think she is.
    I stated from the start that I believe her to be ENFp. But I am open to her being another type. I'm not ready to make a final decision.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I disagree. I constantly see you being judgmental about much more minute things than that.
    That's one reason I believe that you're not of the same kind as me.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i could see ESI, but your movements seem very fluid, sort of like you're moving underwater, which is really interesting to me because i can't do that. i've tried and failed, fwiw. IJ types tend to make angles (if that makes sense) or they don't move much at all. it's a bit mesmerizing watching you move.

whenever you make a point, your eyes widen as if to say "i know right?". not sure if that's type related but that's something some Fe-egos in my life do, and this is something that tipped me towards IEI in the first place.

your pet peave being people who comment on everything or give too much detail is a very Ni + Fe thing to say. (too many details = Te + Si domain) this is something my IEI friend has said to me almost verbatim.

the fact that you come off as well-rounded, stable, and mature is what is throwing people off of your self-typing, i think. maybe you're not IEI, but the reasons being given right now are closer to "but you don't act like a whiny teenager!"

alternatives include: ESI, EIE, maybe SLE.

Creepy-theticalanti

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    How many times did you change your own type? Or to put it in plain English: you don't know shit, you're still a beginner when it comes to Socionics.
    Or maybe I've been changing my TIM for fun, as I've previously stated multiple times I find it funny how people like you will make wild assumptions about simply changing 3 letters.

And maybe someone's just salty now that their argument and consideration of LIE & LSE for Elina got a emoticon.

For reciprocating's sake - if you'd like to intelligently defend your argument, that you still consider LIE a real alternative possibility for Elina - where in the video do you see Te from her?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks @Ollyx2OxenFree for helping me make these more organic vids!!
    No problem. Would be even more organic if you weren't looking at yourself on cam while on video! I wish the first video we did was working, it had the best questions.

Also, most of these questions came from other sites but some were mine, just so you guys know. Most were said in the first video that crashed before uploading.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol I'm looking around more often than I'm looking at myself tho
    Oh, good. Well, mainly meant it may be even more organic if you weren't on the browser where the webcam recording was taking place.

Creepy-female

I would say IEI because you remind me a bit of @Jenna. You do seem to have a kind of calming presence, like was mentioned before. I don't have much to add but you are very cute.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked this thread better when I was all emo and I liked our little group better when you two talked to each directly.
    Betas and their groups

*rubs*

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You're very pleasant and likeable (I can't say you're my favorite conflictor though, people like truck would get mad at me).
    ahem! LSE puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I want to ask some IEEs what they think - could you guys see me as your identical based off the vids? @Kim @Galen
    And it was suggested to me I mention @silke just cause she's good
    One question test. Do you want to get some food? I mean it.

A mundane and sure-fire way to draw the IEE into your nets is to invite him or her to have some food. They are almost unable to refuse (which creates problems when people offer them food without really meaning it), especially if they like you.
    These are more funny than anything but it is different kind of info.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=IEI_domain

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=IEE_domain

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...I_observations

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...E_observations

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

After watching all the videos I can't decide between IEE and IEI. But imo you're one of these EIE, ESI and SEE I don't agree with.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Some observations:

Your eyes tend to dart around quickly. Were you nervous?

You speak faster than I imagined you would. Sometimes I think I am speaking that fast only to have people tell me I am not speaking fast at all. It is strange because I am totally speeding inside and it does not show outwardly.

Your energy feels higher in this video but that could be because you are speaking to Olly.

It seems like you are able to answer pretty quickly without a need to think about the questions and how you want to answer first. I mean the words seem to come very easy for you. Like you say they come quickly when you write. Do the beats come as easy as the words?

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think you're EP temperament Elina

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You've got to be in a Ni/Se quadra. Definitely not Alpha or Delta.

I think it's pretty much down to Ni-IEI, Ni-EIE or ESI. Just use intertype relations of people you know very closely and use that to make a decision.

Do you know your enneagram type + stacking?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a comment, sp in general can just be seen as the instinct of self-preservation, and can manifest in surprising ways with the types. You can say the instincts correspond to a certain drive for satisfaction which color the nature of how the passion of the type is experienced (emotional dissatisfaction philosophically occurs through a violation of the passion's needs, which is known more concretely through some especially basic instinctual dynamics, revolving around attraction values/chemistry, preservation of self/general instinct of well-being seeking for survival, or social adaptation). I'd say for instance the most directly concerned with how loss of security threatens the immediate wellbeing would be the selfpreservation 6 as opposed to say the sexual 6, whose needs for intensity of attraction may be marred by aversive (fearful) emotions, and given aversion as an emotion is opposed to attraction generally, this can lead to a direct rebellion against the fearful emotion. A type 7 sp may similarly be one of the most blatant seekers of whatever keeps their positivity running.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Yes e9 sx/sp, been considering sp/sx but i don't know, i don't think I focus enough on sp stuff. I see other ppl that identify as that talk abt food or clothes or material stuff like that on the forum all the time.
    Yeah, you're probably one of the two.

You'll no doubt get the feel of both stackings after a bit of reading. Both of those types are sort of at ends with their natures, because the energies of sp and sx are in opposition to each other (calm groundedness vs intensity), so they end up being stranger stackings than say, so/sp and sp/so.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type the way I nervously rush through questions lol
    you sound toned down in the video for me to make a stable impressio. I think you're in Se quadra and irrational type.

those who saw Fi in Elina's video could you explain what parts of what she has said were Fi? @miss BabyDoll @InvisibleJim @consentingadult @darya @Aylen @William

Creepy-theticalanti

Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    you sound toned down in the video for me to make a stable impressio. I think you're in Se quadra and irrational type.

those who saw Fi in Elina's video could you explain what parts of what she has said were Fi? @miss BabyDoll @InvisibleJim @consentingadult @darya @Aylen @William
    I had suggested IEI for her, so I can't really point out where I thought she showed Fi.

Just curious though why it says 'Banned' under her name now. I hope this was a self-ban.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Just curious though why it says 'Banned' under her name now. I hope this was a self-ban.
    yeah, just until Tuesday.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@yeves

In my opinion, manifestation of her fi is to be seen straight away in the first question - she explains why she supports lgbt community highly emphasizing that empathy (this is in her 1st vid) is her primary reason of support. She makes conclusions based on her own personal moral standpont ("If the roles were to be reversed I would.."- she sees reality primarily through static personal ethics and stable interpersonal bonds between individuals). Frequent usage of verbs of feeling - hate, love, hurt, prefer etc. implies inclination to ethically assess the questions at hand. To loosely quote Jung - her feelings are intensive rather than extensive.(fi>fe).
    she also exhibits the ability to see intrinsic motivations of others (around 2:40 she says "I kinda know what people are doing, what are they intending and where are they going..") which would correlate well to lead fi (ESI) or even creative fi (SEE). (:

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So I wanted to be fashionably late. Sorry, I'll be a bit thorough. It took me a few days to type this out since such Ti-ing takes effort. Click the spoilers to read more of the analyses.

My initial impression was IEE although I didn't really think much of it but, as time went on, I became more convinced. I've chatted with you both in private and in group and how you like to FiTe has been the strongest SiNe to me (not that we fight, I just wanted to use that pun ). Basically, your judgment is more obvious or easier for me to pick at than your perception but that isn't to say you're EXI; I guess it may be natural to see judgment over perception? At least in this case.

Your valuing for is the most striking to me, perhaps because it's a conscious vulnerable function for me? The way you approach and value logic seems more objective than subjective, I believe you start or at least put more emphasis in the whole than the parts. Like with logic, you seem to want to know things as it is (or seems) in reality- relying on examples, type exemplars, references, people you view as authorities, etc to illustrate this- and I believe you can see conceptualization and a structural focus as too much at times. While we are on good terms and don't fight, I think we have shown reluctance towards accepting some of each others' logical approaches. In my eyes, you put more faith in basing your beliefs or arguments on external sources and using them for your rationale while sometimes what I say may seem too theoretical or as if what I'm saying is coming from an understanding of the structure and rules of a system and going off of that which doesn't mean it necessarily adds up in reality or is reliable to you?

An example may be how you approach learning about the differences or vibes of certain types and stackings and how you may even use type exemplars as your argument as to why you don't believe you're a certain type rather than an explanation. I couldn't really do that, depending on something external like that to come to an understanding because it's already filled with what I see as unreliable logical assumptions. Like "this is what this type or stacking is", "what it looks like", "how they blah", etc; this seems like a way you like to learn about type differences. I don't trust lists like that and rather not use it as a way to improve my understanding. You put a bit more weight into authorities than I do too, "X says I do or am y and this person seems to know what they're talking about". You have said that you liked Gulenko because his work is 'practical' to you, mentioning his position as a clinical psychologist, his 30 years of hands on experience, his school, etc.

Another example may be how you have mentioned that you got over astrology because it's "empirically disproven" in your questionnaire- mentioning how you learned in AP psychology that our minds may play tricks on us to see meaning where there is none- and that you try not to base your beliefs in things too much that are unproven, no matter how tempting it is. How can that be vulnerable , you know? I never really got into astrology like that but you get the point. Here's what's said about vulnerable :
    That is manifested as a skepticism and dislike for basing your beliefs, arguments, and actions on external sources of information. IEIs will base their opinions and views on their own personal insights and be, again, skeptical of "second-hand" factual information that contradicts it. "Don't trust everything you read" is a typical sneer of this function, especially when applied to sources of information otherwise seen as neutral and reliable, such as encyclopedias and handbooks. Another manifestation is a dislike for dealing with issues involving efficiency, productivity, and factual accuracy of statements made; statements are made according to input from other functions, not from double-checks against external facts which are seen as of lesser relevance to the issue at hand. Types with this function lack confidence in their ability to find relevant information in outside sources.
    Empiricism is less important to IEIs and, at the very least, we aren’t likely to ditch a belief or want to believe in something on the basis of empiricism. I know it’s likely more than that in regards to your feelings about astrology but just wanted to mention this again. So yeah, it seems like an opposite orientation between you and I as far as logic goes which isn't a bad thing, it's just that it's hard for me to see you as vulnerable and if is your hidden agenda, well, it really is hidden. I can be relatively uncertain regarding stuff like this but I feel comfortable with you as valuing.

is harder to pick at than . You have said that your attitude towards others is fairly consistent and it does seem so to me, too. I have wondered if your being 'expressive' seemed like valued to some people at times (like how Whoobie went from thinking IEE for you and easily dropping his analysis once you made a 2 min vid) but is 4d for XEEs anyways. I'd say Woof is someone who seems to have strong but him being a sensor could be why it has more presence than your own, it's oriented more towards the now and everyday life. Like how he gets enthusiastic about pizza sauce, haha.

I may feel as if I dislike someone, find them irritating, etc, typically when I am not engaging with them and just inside of myself or in observing mode. If I am actually engaged with the person (more so when it's with others) I am more focused on the present emotional dynamic and energy around us, treating my sentiments more passively and if my interactions with them are positive, I may even start to like them or feel as if I do. Sometimes it reverts back outside of my interaction with them though but this isn't so during it unless it's maybe negative. is more present (the emotions of the now), dynamic and can seem superficial to others in that respect. is more static and more unyielding or at least they want their attitude towards others and things to be more consistent. I think the aforementioned is because I'm an introtim so naturally, I'm more in touch with my strongest functions and when I'm inside of myself or something? I'd imagine the more naturally engaged and outward oriented EXEs actively ignoring their personal sentiments more since is automatically on and more important to them than it is with XEI's, who may treat passively but aren't as good as ignoring it since is stronger than for us. And I think with EXI may ignore the dynamics of the emotions around them to stay in tune to their static inner sentiments and values (or even that of others). XEE are more engaged but both them and XEIs don't ignore ethics rather than treat their less valued one passively. I think that fits you better, I don't see you as seeking to enliven the emotions around you as much but what do you think? Do you?

I remember when someone claimed that you seemed stiff, serious and harder to joke around by saying, say, some sort of insult to. Well, I don't necessarily feel that way about you but, ignoring the truth of that, your response was: "I think it's just that I want respect and I want others to be respected =] if the humor isn't disrespectful it's fine." I remember that I didn't find what they used as an example of something they couldn't say to you but used to another person there disrespectful and know that the person also didn't take it personal or serious.
    Types that value Fe like creating a visible atmosphere of camaraderie with other people. They enjoy a loose atmosphere where anything goes, where people don't have to watch too carefully what they say for fear of offending others. This means these types try not to be too thin-skinned, taking jokes with a grain of salt.
    I think that's even more true with Betas. You also once mentioned that is just about having a good time and that, while you sometimes like to have a good time especially when you feel like you deserve it, you say that you mostly want to make sure you’re spending your time meaningfully and working towards your goals. Overall, I think Delta may be a better fit than Beta, even though I know you find quadras stereotypical at times which I agree with-- they can be pretty general. I think there's more of a boundary crossing with at times, emotional affect, expressiveness and atmosphere > the boundaries of the nature of relationships as well as personal sentiment.

There's also an outwardness to you. Maybe EP, not necessarily being outgoing or anything but more easily accessible or at least there's less of a hesitation, intermission or apparent transfer from the inner and outer world in communication and stuff or something. You seem more out there-- as in outward oriented, not coo coo, haha. At the very least, an introvert with an introverted subtype like some are suggesting seems unlikely to me for some reason. If you are IEI, I would think you are the more extraverted kind. Hell, you self-type as C in DCNH which is contact. If you are IEE, I’d assume you wouldn’t see yourself as an extroverted extrovert so maybe Harmonizing? People have said that you are so nice, pleasant, likable, charming, calming, etc, which I've seen said about Harmonizing and if you're not IEI, that may be why you may relate to a more naturally harmonizing type. I actually find the idea of the creative subtype the hardest to understand (not for you but the general idea). If you happen to be harmonizing, maybe you being a musician attracted you towards the creative subtype? Silke does think you have the social instinct up there so maybe that could be what it is (in regards to outwardness)? Heh, screw enneagram anyways, at least for now.

I like your openness to being typed and that's my two cents...or a few hundred. I'd be more open to IEI or whatever maybe if I heard more explanations from others or yourself but I guess most can only go off video and maybe some of your chatbox activity here. I'm still leaning IEE but Fi/Te is what I'm most sure about.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Since I've been called in haha, I will now write something quickly, although I didn't have any intention to interfere here anymore.

I've formed my opinion about you being Fi ego from chatting with you I know you disliked my comment about you belonging more to delta/gamma corner and that you find typing by quadra values irrelevent and I agree with you to some extent, but I personally find the differences in group situations staggering and I think Fe/Fi valuing is pretty apparent. And even more so the differences between Fe/Fi egos, when you get a bunch of them together.

You don't seem boring or stiff to me at all, but it's difficult for me to envision you with a bunch of Betas fucking around. When people start innapropriately joking, you often go "lol, ok", and then you revert to more productive topics, like subtypes, your music etc.. It's like your chatting has to have a productive outcome somehow. You also draw the line quickly at what you are offended by.

Imo you smooth out and regulate the emotional atmosphere, you don't go with the flow or enliven it. You try to keep things as stable and without highs/lows as possible.

You also prefer to keep static emotional relations with and opinions of people. I agree with Olly, I also emote in a very present moment - my sentiments about people change from minute to minute and I like it that way.

I've also seen you call some EIE examples as trying too hard and desperate. I sense a dislake for over the top humour and theatricality from you and I also got a strong impression that you see Fe as manipulative and fake (being yourself seems to be a strong pet peeve of yours ). I've also seen your dislike for people making any kinds of waves - as in stirring things up or a good passionate fight.

I personally also lean towards IEE. It's difficult for me to see you as an introvert - you're the first to invite people to group chats Also, your body language seems scattered and imo implies irrationality.You being IEE would also make sense where comments about charm and warmth come from But yeah, I definitely think you are fi ego.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's always good to be cautious and realize when something is a normal, ordinary expression of an information element that isn't too characteristic of a type, versus when it is really a central, distinguishing fact of how you see things.

If you like, you can try contrasting the general philosophy of how you think, based on +/-, static/dynamic, process/result dichotomies as in Gulenko's forms of cognition. ESI for instance is part of the -Fi, +Se, which could lead to the way you justified ethics, like for instance, wanting to minimize the possible negative relationships in the world based on basically imagining yourself in the shoes of the lgbt community.
    Again though, this is the kind of justification almost anyone could give, so it has to show up overwhelmingly in a characteristic way in a lot of your life. You'd be able to see clear differences between your thinking style and others' if you really noted this much pervasiveness.

I think with ESI, to elaborate on how I think it should work, -Fi leads to the result orientation, and of course that Fi-Se is static leads to the static orientation. Notice that in a sense, +Se doesn't directly contribute here, except in so much as it marks the quadra as the gamma, rather than delta, where Fi would be +. So the real components to the ESI being the form it is are -Fi and static-ness of ego. The nature of how Fi is used of course will correspond to the Se. Essentially holographics with their result-negativist tendencies look at the back side of any coin, and their + element probably is used to "fill in" the missing links. So -Fi may both look to what is missing for a complete and coherent/consistent ethical system, and then seek out Se ways of observing and interacting with reality to fill in those answers definitively (I have several long-ish posts on Se in my thread "musings on Se" in the General Socionics Discussion forum if you're at all interested). Involutionary doesn't really build from the ground up, it's more likely to do the postulate a result that is known to be desired, and since negativist, more based on what is perceived to be missing.

However, I must ask, if this OP was considering IEI, there should be some real thought projects on why Se is going from a super-weak to a super-strong information element. If it was just one of those cases of "everyone is IEI" then fine, but if there were legitimate reasons for IEI, I'd say we need more. Both ESI and IEI should have Ti that is sort of strong. Te is more something ESI seeks out, than something they actively generate, I think. This just means their logical style is more about analysis for subjective understanding, sort of as an alternative to their Fi that they prefer not to overdo.

IEE interestingly is also holographic. -Ne and +Fi here, though. It's also a type with Ne-base versus Ne-polr which should be strikingly different!
    I think the idea here is to not cut off the flow of alternative perspectives. +Ne tends to be more about emphasizing the promise of the intuitions (this doesn't mean they're more open-minded, actually this could very well lead to ignoring all but the most promising intuitions). It does take on a negativist tinge in say LII though, where the goal may be less to revel in positive ideas (especially in inert subtype perhaps) than to let the + of Ne go towards the - of Ti, extracting the most general laws (minimizing the number of principles so as to create holistic, general laws, thus en route eliminating contradiction both at present and future through this minimalism) as opposed to truly valuing the adding of structure possible through the pursuit of sufficiently promising intuitive perspectives.
    +Fi/-Ne is more about establishing promising relations, maximizing the level of positive in them, and using the lack of ruling out alternate intuitive possibilities as a mechanism for this.
    Last edited by chemical; 08-30-2014 at 05:53 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

For me it is a feeling I get more than her words but MBD explains it quite well. I was not just going by her video but our private interactions, which I would rather not talk about here, but I would tell Elina in private if she wanted my to know my reasoning. I think she already understands my reasoning though, even if she doesn't agree with it. If I wanted someone to really talk to, about my feelings, let me just say that Elina would be at the top of my list of people who I would reach out to and I see her as very trustworthy, among other things.

She made me feel better and it didn't involve the use of Fe. She has good intuition when it comes to the feelings of others and what they need in the moment but I do not get a sense of obvious Ni use. I think IEE and IEI can be fluent in both Ne and Ni though. I feel her Fe in a more demonstrative sense...but the Fi seems to be the underlying energy I get. I don't know if I could explain the difference without expending more energy than I can afford today. My head is in two worlds at the moment and I am trying not to crossover and project my thoughts and feelings aligned with my situation into this situation.

I do get a feeling that I could easily cry in front of Elina and that is not something I can do in front of most people, unless we share a strong energetic connection. When socializing, in a group or one on one, I try to keep things light, except with those I have accepted into my inner world. If I am in a negative type mood I will call on the Fe-y (<-- @ the video, don't judge me people, I don't take this Fey stuff so serious!) within me so that I can raise my energy so as not to make other people gloomy too. Like someone told me yesterday, "fake it until you make it." I would rather do that than bring everyone down with me. If I can't shift my mood I will disappear, i.e. go be alone somewhere, until it passes.

She is probably the person I would dance with at a party because she is more likely to just get into it and not care how people see her when she dances and I am like that too but usually it takes me a couple of drinks (I don't drink much anymore) and an extroverted friend to get me going.

I posted this before but here it is again.

When faced with a sad individual, the IEE will usually try to understand what is wrong, and will often try to coax the individual with kind words and actions. The IEE often displays a straight face even when faced with strong negative feelings.
    Always on the IEE's mind are the feelings of his or her friends. If the IEE does not know whether an individual is feeling good or ill will, the IEE will prod the individual until he or she displays their attitude.
    IEEs are concerned with the opinions and feelings of those around them and try to avoid saying things that would cause arguments and bad feelings. He does this effortlessly. In fact, IEEs will often choose to follow a very open and accepting life philosophy in order to reconcile his own views with those of others.
    When interacting with others, IEEs are naturally aware of the flow of emotion present and strive to interpret meanings out of individual emotional states. When they feel they've realized an accurate potentiality of the cause of someone's behavior, IEEs commonly clarify their perceptions to ensure their understanding of another person. To actually aid the person in finding positive potential, however, depends on if the subject is important to the IEE (for example, they determine how close of a friend the person actually is to them).

Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    @yeves

In my opinion, manifestation of her fi is to be seen straight away in the first question - she explains why she supports lgbt community highly emphasizing that empathy (this is in her 1st vid) is her primary reason of support. She makes conclusions based on her own personal moral standpont ("If the roles were to be reversed I would.."- she sees reality primarily through static personal ethics and stable interpersonal bonds between individuals). Frequent usage of verbs of feeling - hate, love, hurt, prefer etc. implies inclination to ethically assess the questions at hand. To loosely quote Jung - her feelings are intensive rather than extensive.(fi>fe).
    she also exhibits the ability to see intrinsic motivations of others (around 2:40 she says "I kinda know what people are doing, what are they intending and where are they going..") which would correlate well to lead fi (ESI) or even creative fi (SEE). (:
    After reading through this thread again, I am going to vote for IEE. <3

Edit: Intuition is more apparent to me when I interact with Elina than sensing.
    Last edited by Aylen; 08-30-2014 at 05:58 PM.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just as comment, I'd say it needs to all compute though somewhat, like IEE uses Te not as a default, but after perhaps their Ti shows an inability to produce a subjectively oriented analysis. IEE tries to process through Ti, not Te. They probably value Te because when they seek it out, something clicks and they then have some semblance of subjective logic to turn to.

The reason IEE feels such a low Ti is that they have an excessively intuitive approach in place of logical thought. Perhaps Si+Te passively works in the sidelines, so that they can then generate fresh intuitions, get out of the Ti-rut, and then produce some revised version of Ti logic which does work out.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually didn't listen to anything that she said, so I can't comment about that. I concentrated on the non verbal aspects of her comminication style, and it's pretty obvious to me that she has this typical IEE/SEE vibe that makes people feel accepted (or another affective emotion), It is different from the creative Fe seen in IEIs and SEIs, which has the effect of making people feel good (or another reactive emotion).

Of course, there is no positivist way to prove this, it's all a matter of Verstehen. But I'm pretty sure I can select a few IEEs as well as a few IEIs and bring them in contact with test subjects and predict how they feel about about these IEIs and IEEs. There is no doubt in my mind that Elina would ring bells with people in the Gamma and Delta quadras.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chemical View Post
    I think it's always good to be cautious and realize when something is a normal, ordinary expression of an information element that isn't too characteristic of a type, versus when it is really a central, distinguishing fact of how you see things.

If you like, you can try contrasting the general philosophy of how you think, based on +/-, static/dynamic, process/result dichotomies as in Gulenko's forms of cognition. ESI for instance is part of the -Fi, +Se, which could lead to the way you justified ethics, like for instance, wanting to minimize the possible negative relationships in the world based on basically imagining yourself in the shoes of the lgbt community.
    Again though, this is the kind of justification almost anyone could give, so it has to show up overwhelmingly in a characteristic way in a lot of your life. You'd be able to see clear differences between your thinking style and others' if you really noted this much pervasiveness.

I think with ESI, to elaborate on how I think it should work, -Fi leads to the result orientation, and of course that Fi-Se is static leads to the static orientation. Notice that in a sense, +Se doesn't directly contribute here, except in so much as it marks the quadra as the gamma, rather than delta, where Fi would be +. So the real components to the ESI being the form it is are -Fi and static-ness of ego. The nature of how Fi is used of course will correspond to the Se. Essentially holographics with their result-negativist tendencies look at the back side of any coin, and their + element probably is used to "fill in" the missing links. So -Fi may both look to what is missing for a complete and coherent/consistent ethical system, and then seek out Se ways of observing and interacting with reality to fill in those answers definitively (I have several long-ish posts on Se in my thread "musings on Se" in the General Socionics Discussion forum if you're at all interested). Involutionary doesn't really build from the ground up, it's more likely to do the postulate a result that is known to be desired, and since negativist, more based on what is perceived to be missing.

However, I must ask, if this OP was considering IEI, there should be some real thought projects on why Se is going from a super-weak to a super-strong information element. If it was just one of those cases of "everyone is IEI" then fine, but if there were legitimate reasons for IEI, I'd say we need more. Both ESI and IEI should have Ti that is sort of strong. Te is more something ESI seeks out, than something they actively generate, I think. This just means their logical style is more about analysis for subjective understanding, sort of as an alternative to their Fi that they prefer not to overdo.

IEE interestingly is also holographic. -Ne and +Fi here, though. It's also a type with Ne-base versus Ne-polr which should be strikingly different!
    I think the idea here is to not cut off the flow of alternative perspectives. +Ne tends to be more about emphasizing the promise of the intuitions (this doesn't mean they're more open-minded, actually this could very well lead to ignoring all but the most promising intuitions). It does take on a negativist tinge in say LII though, where the goal may be less to revel in positive ideas (especially in inert subtype perhaps) than to let the + of Ne go towards the - of Ti, extracting the most general laws (minimizing the number of principles so as to create holistic, general laws, thus en route eliminating contradiction both at present and future through this minimalism) as opposed to truly valuing the adding of structure possible through the pursuit of sufficiently promising intuitive perspectives.
    +Fi/-Ne is more about establishing promising relations, maximizing the level of positive in them, and using the lack of ruling out alternate intuitive possibilities as a mechanism for this.
    Haha, your posts sometimes seem robotic. I do like them at times though, are you LII or something? And what is your opinion on her type?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast