Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Who cares, its her life, if she wants to waste it by being taken advantage of, so be it. You guys aren't going to convince her of anything.
    Yeah. She's not taking this seriously, which indicates a lack of self-respect. Humoring her with this merrymaking camaraderie is a detriment that will make the problem seem less serious than it is, allowing her to carry on following the seductive sound of her siren boyfriend.

IEI: Break up with your asshole boyfriend, stop letting him lure you away from any facet of self-respect, and find someone who will actually enhance your life instead of emotionally leech off of you. If you care for your happiness in any capacity, you will immediate leave him and be wary of others like him for as long as you live. This is the only good advice you'll receive here; the truth won't humor you with pleasantries. Either live your life or waste it. Up to you.

There's no gray area here. Just a choice between being happy and being miserable.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Yeah. She's not taking this seriously, which indicates a lack of self-respect. Humoring her with this merrymaking camaraderie is a detriment that will make the problem seem less serious than it is, allowing her to carry on following the seductive sound of her siren boyfriend.

IEI: Break up with your asshole boyfriend, stop letting him lure you away from any facet of self-respect, and find someone who will actually enhance your life instead of emotionally leech off of you. If you care for your happiness in any capacity, you will immediate leave him and be wary of others like him for as long as you live. This is the only good advice you'll receive here; the truth won't humor you with pleasantries. Either live your life or waste it. Up to you.

There's no gray area here. Just a choice between being happy and being miserable.
    ...and then discojoe told it like it was. And that was the end of that story.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye, good advice from DJ.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unwilling to stop harassing you unless you give them positive emotional feedback instead of mad Fi-sounding feedback. They'll go "HUURRR HURRRR NOPE" until you stop saying "Fuck off!" and start going "Tee hee ur funny and we're buddies and take that broom my butt says hi."
    Shit.. I do this occassionally. Probably more when younger. Not for Fi PolR-ish reasons exactly, but..

Wouldn't all Fe valuers do this?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Life's too short for assholes and emotionally immature and stunted dipshits.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    Shit.. I do this occassionally. Probably more when younger. Not for Fi PolR-ish reasons exactly, but..

Wouldn't all Fe valuers do this?
    Maybe, but SLEs take it too far.

SLE >>>> EIE > IEI > LSI

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe, but SLEs take it too far.

SLE >>>> EIE > IEI > LSI
    yes.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Just because you've had a bad experience with one SLE doesn't mean they're all the same. Believe it or not, SLE's can & do fall in love, and they certainly care about the feelings of the ones they adore. Yes, I have noticed that If they don't care about you they'll usually have little to no empathy. SLE's are quite simple & they don't like to lead cluttered lives. They're not sentimental creatures by any means, and if they feel like you're a negative influence, offer nothing & drag them down then they'll drop you with little remorse; but honestly, if you think about it, that's not a bad quality at all.

Remember, there are assholes of every type. SLE's are just more in your face about it. They don't sugarcoat anything (unless it's business related), and if you can't handle that then you're not going to get along with them, period. I actually love their straightforward, honest & blunt approach to life; It's admirable & I often use it to my advantage.
    Sometimes I wonder, if when you died and ended up at the gates of St. Peter and god ended up saying to you.... "hey you know, all that socionics business and duality was bullshit"

If you'd somehow feel duped about all the focus you put into trying to build relationships with SLEs and defend them.

I hate to burst your little bubble, but I'm sort of skeptical when I hear you say things whether you really mean/believe them or you are just trying to make lemonade out of lemons.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Being used is worse than being alone; living only for yourself is better than living only for someone else.
    Agreed

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Agreed
    Agreed too, what Gilly said, 100%.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Levels of amazingness:

SLE > IEI >>>>>>>>>> EIE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LSI >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> USA
    Totally agree.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*shrugs* I don't know about the rest of those SLEs out there, but i know I am an evil mother fucker.
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Totally agree.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have trees in Europe? I thought the whole country was the block around big ben...
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    *shrugs* I don't know about the rest of those SLEs out there, but i know I am an evil mother fucker.
    Shit no?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have trees in Europe? I thought the whole country was the block around big ben...
    Sadly it's been replaced by:

Life isn't so bad though I guess. They now shoot bums as soon as they get kicked out of the house. They also offer free guns to every child under ten.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Life isn't so bad though I guess. They now shoot bums as soon as they get kicked out of the house. They also offer free guns to every child under ten.
    FREE GUNS?! I'm coming to visit.

On a less de-railing topic.

I actually am kinda evil when I've been wronged. Truthfully it's really terrible what I'll do to people if left to my own devices. Thankfully i have a very strong friend group who holds me back and keeps me from becoming an evil power mongering destructive force that no one likes.

Now when I'm healthy and life is going right? I manipulated my current GF into doing something harmless two months ago, that she didn't want to do, and I still feel guilty about it. We've been dating for six now and that was the first time and the last I'll pull that trick.

Granted if you want to make me out to be a bad guy the only reason i wont do it again is because it makes me feel guilty but that's stopping a bit short cause i wouldn't feel guilty if i didn't love her. *shrug*
    Easy Day

Creepy-male

It's ok if your jealous, HLD.
    lol I'm not jealous. We don't get along personality wise and there's nothing particular special about you to me, although your attractive, which there are tons of women I find attractive.

All I'm saying is it seems like your always reinforcing the idea of SLE = dual = good for me. And that seems like a lot to invest if socionics turned out to be bullshit. That doesn't have to ruin your current relationship though or anything, I'm just saying you seem to have a lot invested in socionics.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still feel guilty about it.
    Then you're not a psychopath, nor a bad person. Don't worry.

All I'm saying is it seems like your always reinforcing the idea of SLE = dual = good for me. And that seems like a lot to invest if socionics turned out to be bullshit. That doesn't have to ruin your current relationship though or anything, I'm just saying you seem to have a lot invested in socionics.
    If you were experiencing what she is, you'd want to spread the word.

"if socionics turned out to be bullshit": a silly statement. Either believe in it and use it, or don't and forget about it. Don't half-arsedly think it's good or bad.

Creepy-male

That's fine, I don't care if her relationship is going good.

It's the socionics aspect I question, ala, its going good because of socionics, and not just because of something more basic and natural. Tbh everytime I read her posts on SLEs it could basically be boiled down to "SLEs are good for me!" like some kind of 5th grader presenting a report on the food pyramid and why its important to eat your vegetables everyday. Be sure to get 5 full servings of your dual in a day, and that will keep you satisfied in life. Etc... it just seems a little laughable and bullshitty to me.

Now if she wants to share the positives of her relationship, I'm indifferent to that, but the socionics aspect of it, seems bullshitty.

"if socionics turned out to be bullshit": a silly statement. Either believe in it and use it, or don't and forget about it. Don't half-arsedly think it's good or bad.
    Yea see you make it sound like a religion when in fact its actually probably closer to social science.

Also its hard to simply accept or reject something entirely for thinking people.
    Last edited by male; 05-23-2011 at 12:56 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the socionics aspect I question, ala, its going good because of socionics, and not just because of something more basic and natural..
    Fair enough. I'm with you there. Good duality > good non-duality > duality.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then you're not a psychopath, nor a bad person. Don't worry.

The problem is practicing it is a pain in the ass. The best test, Hugo's, can no longer be found. Most fuckers no longer have the attention span for the longer ones. You may say those people are a waste of time, and I would agree, but in America people live to work, not work to live and ignore socionics. It is also full of dumbasses and there are still large stigmas about getting onto dating sites let alone asking whats your socionics type? See tcaud and the dbags who make fun of him for details. Also see what you mentionied about boiling down to DUALITY, which is overblown because real discussion does happen, but their is a lot of crap discussion.
    Are there any friend type sites for intellectual discussion?
    Facebook doesn't count because its only people you already know, which is useless. Facebook and linkedin are extensions of the US live to work mantra, and its who you know and blow. This forum is far to small, and other forums are not very open to discussion on things other than the prescribed topics. SNOOZE.

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too much hate on my poor duals. Well to compensate i had some of my love thrown on a pretty sle few days ago. Damn those wild evil beasts just do get laid !

Creepy-male

Fair enough. I'm with you there. Good duality > good non-duality > duality.
    Yea I was thinking more in terms of....

A good non dual relationship is better any day than a shitty dual relationship.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really. To be honest I never thought too much of the whole duality concept until I found myself in a relationship with one (which I didn't care about before, or think would ever happen). It's pretty awesome to see the dynamics of this kind of partnership at work if you've never experienced it before. Sure, you could say i'm being biased; despite that I've still grown & improved as a person from this relationship. Life is a lot easier & people have definitely noticed a change. Apparently I come off more rounded, fulfilled & confident to others. It's almost as if an ingredient or missing pice has been added. Who knows, maybe it is all bullshit & some kind of placebo affect is taking place, or perhaps it has little to do with Socionics. I don't really care. :]
    EIEs make me worse. The great majority of the time, it feels like I do more for them than they do for me. And the super insane ones--the ones who might actually be able to dualize with me, or whatever--are people with whom I should not be in a relationship.

So the boring ones just leech off me, devouring the continuous flow of intellectual stimulation I provide, while the ones I'd consider peers are basically lost causes who I'd feel needed to be on suicide watch 24/7.

Does your boyfriend pay for all your shit? Basically take care of you?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. He would never take care of me financially, ever. He try's to spoil me of course, but I usually refuse... though he's pretty persistent. Most boyfriends do that kind of thing, though. I spoil him just as much.
    That's good, because you seem sort of like a handicapped fairy or something.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's good, because you seem sort of like a handicapped fairy or something.
    Lmao, sorry starfall but that was funny

Creepy-male

Stop taking everything so seriously
    Meh different strokes for different folks, etc....

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    The problem is practicing it is a pain in the ass. The best test, Hugo's, can no longer be found. Most fuckers no longer have the attention span for the longer ones. You may say those people are a waste of time, and I would agree, but in America people live to work, not work to live and ignore socionics. It is also full of dumbasses and there are still large stigmas about getting onto dating sites let alone asking whats your socionics type? See tcaud and the dbags who make fun of him for details. Also see what you mentionied about boiling down to DUALITY, which is overblown because real discussion does happen, but their is a lot of crap discussion.
    Are there any friend type sites for intellectual discussion?
    Facebook doesn't count because its only people you already know, which is useless. Facebook and linkedin are extensions of the US live to work mantra, and its who you know and blow. This forum is far to small, and other forums are not very open to discussion on things other than the prescribed topics. SNOOZE.
    So what you're saying is that you want a girlfriend?

Yea I was thinking more in terms of....

A good non dual relationship is better any day than a shitty dual relationship.
    Agreed. But bear in mind that it's worth working at a dual relationship you might initially think is shitty if the pay off is potentially massive. Basic rule: if you're in a relationship with a dual, and you're thinking "this is horrid" ask yourself "can I save this person?" if the answer is no, get out. In fact, a lot of people think they can save fuckers and waste their time being abused. So a better question to ask yourself is something like "do I see a feasibly pleasant future with this person?" IEIs should be quite good at this, but they're also less likely IMO to leave a relationship that is really fucking them up than SLEs.

But I don't even know what type you are - what type are you?

EIEs make me worse. The great majority of the time, it feels like I do more for them than they do for me. And the super insane ones--the ones who might actually be able to dualize with me, or whatever--are people with whom I should not be in a relationship.

So the boring ones just leech off me, devouring the continuous flow of intellectual stimulation I provide, while the ones I'd consider peers are basically lost causes who I'd feel needed to be on suicide watch 24/7.
    I know of EIEs who would match you intellectually. You'll find someone eventually who doesn't fit into these two extremely narrow B&W categories. I get the basic gist though - my gf is one in a million. Most IEIs I know or can conceive of either just fucked in the head or male.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You make Americans proud.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know of EIEs who would match you intellectually. You'll find someone eventually who doesn't fit into these two extremely narrow B&W categories. I get the basic gist though - my gf is one in a million. Most IEIs I know or can conceive of either just fucked in the head or male.
    Beta NFs = lolcrazy

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh. I feel the same way about SLEs. I know very few with their heads screwed on straight. We beta introverts are a little bit better at feigning normalcy. And are normally 3x as crazy.

Also maybe your problem is that you're too dualized dj. Or at least, you get too much Fe, so you don't notice your "boring" EIEs giving it to you.

But I get it. People on average are boring. Or at least not interesting enough.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, yeah, all the EIEs I know are great to hang out with, but I have to take them in relatively small doses (smaller than a committed relationship anyway), because I do think they can get a bit predictable, which is what makes people boring to me.

I like SLEs because they are, on average, significantly less predictable.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok seriously

Discojoe is NOT my dual or even activator. Puh lease. Stop trying to be Beta you're a gatdamn something or other

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Ok seriously

Discojoe is NOT my dual or even activator. Puh lease. Stop trying to be Beta you're a gatdamn something or other
    he's your SOUL MATE

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Ok seriously

You seem pretty activated about that....

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem pretty activated about that....
    You're so hilarious

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast