TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default my aunt

something very exciting happened

My aunt recently had a stroke and her psychologist wanted her to take the mbti. I had never typed her so I decided to why not type her.

She's ESI. WOW. Exciting discovery for me.

Ask me about our inter type relationship
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is your relationship?

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What type did you think she was before?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTortilla View Post
    i never typed her seriously. I know it seems odd that I seem to be so into typing and yet I don't have people close to me typed but that's how I am with my family. I type as I go.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Alright, well let me describe my relationship. My aunt has always been very close to my ILI mom and SEE dad. She has a solid body, small short frame but very well proportioned and full body. She always wears close that are appropriate for her frame. She wears elegant dresses on parties that show a little skin but not too much. She's very dutiful person. She's into traditions (all about the Armenian culture, preserving the Armenian tradition, etc); her home is always clean and neat. She's extremely caring. She dutifully visited all her dying brothers and sisters, feeding them, taking care of each one as they died away because she's the younger one and because she's just very family oriented. IN many ways she's been the glue of the family sister's and brothers. Financially she doesn't always make the best decisions, but then she's never made that much money. Her big dream was to become a doctor but because she moved to the us and had language problems she never went to med school but worked at the hospital for over 20 years.

Our relationship has always been warm. But, we see things differently. We both believe in God. We both go to church and have certain traditional values. She's way more traditional and holds fast to her views than I do. She would rather pick someone of her own culture to marry and tells everyone else in the family to too but I went outside of the culture. I married the person I love who is right for me and me alone not my culture. She gets upset at me when I get busy with my projects and don't come to visit her (she lives two apartment buildings away). She likes company way more than I do. When she met my LSE mother in law she called her "my friend" which established her friendship and bond so she is very much Fi. I try hard to help my aunt with whatever I can. If she talks to me about wanting a certain pot or pan I will buy it for her. If she needs me to find a swim suit out of season, I usually search the webpages to find it. She loves that I wrote down the family history genealogy going back to the 1600s and that is something she admires me for (she wants a record of her roots and I patiently sat down and interviewed all the people involved in the knowledge and wrote it down).

Generally she and I see things differently. She wants me to give up my job in the city to go live in the country side with my husband. I don't. I want to live part time in the city, part time in the rural area.

I'll add more as I gather more of my thoughts.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I noticed one difference between her and I. I say “I love you” a lot more than she does. I said it to her last night when I left her house. I say “I love you “ to people I love automatically.
    -

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I noticed one difference between her and I. I say “I love you” a lot more than she does. I said it to her last night when I left her house. I say “I love you “ to people I love automatically.
    Actually so do I (say I love you). But I’m Se subtype. Huh!

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did she get on the mbti test? Not "ESI" I assume.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    What did she get on the mbti test? Not "ESI" I assume.
    Isfj
    -

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isfj
    I guess quite a few ESI’s are also ISFJ in MBTI. I’m one of the ESI’s who got ISFP. Interesting though.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I guess quite a few ESI’s are also ISFJ in MBTI. I’m one of the ESI’s who got ISFP. Interesting though.
    I'm INFJ in both systems. This is because the mbti test is based on eight dichotomies e/i; etc even though they attempt to describe what the first extroverting function is and that has been largely a mistake that is now just now being attempt to be corrected
    -

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm INFJ in both systems. This is because the mbti test is based on eight dichotomies e/i; etc even though they attempt to describe what the first extroverting function is and that has been largely a mistake that is now just now being attempt to be corrected
    Not sure what you mean here. Why are you INFJ in both? There’s usually a J/P switch no?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Not sure what you mean here. Why are you INFJ in both? There’s usually a J/P switch no?
    There's no J/P switch because both systems type differently and the functions mean slightly different things.
    -

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no J/P switch because both systems type differently and the functions mean slightly different things.
    Thanks for clarifying what you meant. :-)