Thread: EZ typology questionnaire

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default EZ typology questionnaire

just going for a broad overview of what people think but not going for the kind of huge questionnairre that was collaborated on before and only the hardcore would want to bother with.
    just yes/no or multiple choice unless you feel like bloviating.

1. best source:

a. jung
    b. wikisocion
    c. socionics.us
    d. other

2. do you use accepting/producing subtypes?

3. do you use reinin dichotomies?

4 do you use dcnh?

5. do you use enneagram? if so, is it:

a. less important than socionics
    b. more important than socionics
    c. about the same

6. do you use cognitive styles (ok, same thing as reinins basically, but some might use one or the other)?

7. do you use erotic styles? if yes, are they:

a. only used in a romantic context
    b. overall social expression
    c. other

7. mbti:

a. crap theory
    b. basically the same
    c. equal but different
    d. other

8. on a scale of 1 (never) to 10 (always), how much much do you use intertype relations when typing?

9. on a scale of 1 (never) to 10 (always), how much do you use intertype relations for prediction?

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    1. best source:
    Jung, plus a bunch of people on here whose observations I can trust ( @anndelise, @Ashton, @k0rpsy, @siuntal) and personal experience

Yes

Some of them. I'm still not convinced that several of them are at all relevant to type (asking/declaring, tactical/stratetic, etc)

4 do you use dcnh?
    lol no

5. do you use enneagram?
    Yes. In a more immediate sense I'd say that instinct stackings are far more important than socionics, but in the long run socionics plays approximately equal importance.

6. do you use cognitive styles
    As interesting as they may sound, I haven't developed a good enough sense for how they manifest in people, assuming they exist at all. As such, I wouldn't say I use them; rather, they're more of a passing interest.

7. do you use erotic styles?
    Kinda maybe almost?? I surely don't take them literally, maybe on a more archetypal scale there's something to them but I wouldn't place much stock in it.

7. mbti:
    Given MBTI's poor retestability, I'd call it crap.

8. on a scale of 1 (never) to 10 (always), how much much do you use intertype relations when typing?
    As much as I can. I don't expect intertype relations to match up 100% of the time for 150% of all people and there are always outliers, but in general there's gonna be some overall pattern of who really gets along with who best and why when all else is equal. So I guess I'd say 7.5 - 8.

9. on a scale of 1 (never) to 10 (always), how much do you use intertype relations for prediction?
    6. I prefer to take intertype relationships in context of the instinct stackings, plus other possible problems like world view, culture, etc and so on. Most relationships end up failing anyway
    Last edited by Galen; 10-02-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. best source:
    d. other - all of the above + experience

yes.

no.

4 do you use dcnh?
    no.

c. about the same

6. do you use cognitive styles (ok, same thing as reinins basically, but some might use one or the other)?
    no, but sometimes i notice certain similarities between how types in a supervision ring think, for instance between INTp and ENFj, or ISTj and INFj. i can't say i "use" cognitive styles for any purpose.

b. overall social expression (sort of)

7. mbti:
    b. basically the same - but arguing with the fanclub is frustrating.

5?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1. Any that makes magic happen, that is, does the job,

2. Didn't spend time on it,

3. Used them on myself,

4. Used on myself,

5. To me, it's the same thing. Both utilise intertype relations,that is, the core,

6. I'm looking for the best spot to bite it, seeing it produces weird results in some individuals and vice versa. Oh well, going to take care of Reinin as well,

7. I did,

7. Has some holes,

8. Hard question - on this forum it is a bit misleading at times, but I would say 7?

9. Don't do that.
    Last edited by Absurd; 10-02-2012 at 09:08 PM.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. best source:
    Jung.

...yeah.

...yeah.

4 do you use dcnh?
    ...no.

5. do you use enneagram?
    ...yeah.
    if so, is it:

c. about the same

...yeah.

c. other
    NO.

7. mbti:

a. crap theory
    b. basically the same
    c. equal but different
    d. other

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bump.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just going for a broad overview of what people think but not going for the kind of huge questionnairre that was collaborated on before and only the hardcore would want to bother with.
    just yes/no or multiple choice unless you feel like bloviating.

1. best source:

a. jung
    b. wikisocion
    c. socionics.us
    d. other

yes

some/sometimes

4 do you use dcnh?
    no, but I do look at individual functions (4) in each person, ethics, logic, intuition and sensation, so IE usage can kinda equally count as subtypes

5. do you use enneagram?
    no

if so, is it:

c. about the same

sometimes

c. other

7. mbti:

a. crap theory
    b. basically the same
    c. equal but different
    d. other

intertype relations and types are the exact same thing. 10

10. if you mean regular relationships, then about 8 or 9

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. best source:

Jung was kind of a nut but his analytical psychology makes several compelling points, and socionics blatantly rips off many of his ideas (something that would be apparent to most non-blind people who've actually read Psychological Types, if none of his other books or essays, you lazy assholes.)

Kinda did but kinda don't. Contact/inert might be more sensible but I don't really care enough any longer to bother reading on it in detail.

Only the non-stupid ones, and only loosely. There's a bad tendency among dummies to get hung up on literal definitions of labels (like aristocratic or merry) and form sharply prescriptive behavioral/attitudinal expectations around them that don't jibe with reality.

4 do you use dcnh?

Hell no.

Enneagram addresses certain psychological aspects that socionics doesn't, so their conjunction can produce useful cross-sections of an analysand's mental makeup.

I've pondered them but they aren't given much weight in a type analysis. Mostly as a final nail in the ol' coffin after the several others have already been pounded in.

Not too much. They also pose the same problem in the hands of color-by-numbers analysts as Reinins do.

7. mbti:

Traduces Jung's ideas and attaches itself to his name to gain legitimacy, much like the supposed "science" of socionics.

Let's say 8. It's useful for contextualizing observations though again it's quite possible to read too much into intertype and arrive at a faulty analysis, just as with DCNH, Reinin, etc.

9. on a scale of 1 (never) to 10 (always), how much do you use intertype relations for prediction?[/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. best source:

a. jung
    b. wikisocion
    c. socionics.us
    d. other
    The question really is best source of what? Jung is the most eloquent source. But he isn't a good source for Augusta's theories. Since the thread title says "typology" and not "Socionics," that's okay. As long as one recognizes the friction between the models, learning both is good. The problem comes when people mix them all together and assume that everyone's talking about the same thing.