Thread: Plotinus

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Plotinus

We're already doing Eckhart, what about Plotinus?

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/plotinus/

IEI-Ni as well?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Withdraw into yourself and look. And if you do not find yourself beautiful yet, act as does the creator of a statue that is to be made beautiful: he cuts away here, he smoothes there, he makes this line lighter, this other purer, until a lovely face has grown upon his work. So do you also: cut away all that is excessive, straighten all that is crooked, bring light to all that is overcast, labour to make all one glow of beauty and never cease chiselling your statue, until there shall shine out on you from it the godlike splendour of virtue, until you shall see the perfect goodness surely established in the stainless shrine.”

“Self-knowledge reveals to the soul that its natural motion is not, if uninterrupted, in a straight line, but circular, as around some inner object, about a center, the point to which it owes its origin.”

“To make the existence and coherent structure of this Universe depend upon automatic activity and upon chance is against all good sense.”

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I WISH I WAS HIGH ON POTENUSE LMAO

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    I WISH I WAS HIGH ON POTENUSE LMAO
    "Olympius, a fellow-philosopher envious of Plotinus's intellectual superiority tried to harm him by magic spells. He did so by directing star-rays against him. But he had soon to give up, because he found that the soul of Plotinus was powerful enough not only to resist these spells but even to turn them back on his enemy so that they were harming him."

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFGDoomer View Post
    "Olympius, a fellow-philosopher envious of Plotinus's intellectual superiority tried to harm him by magic spells. He did so by directing star-rays against him. But he had soon to give up, because he found that the soul of Plotinus was powerful enough not only to resist these spells but even to turn them back on his enemy so that they were harming him."

Star-ray technology was only in its infancy then. We now know, of course, that star-rays can only be reliably applied in conjunction with Padath's Spell of Rustic Delicacy.