Thread: What's my type? 80Q

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    That seemed like a useless question. What I wanted to get at was if you don't have a user's manual are you likely to improvise and cover the gaps in knowledge or declare that you don't know and move on.
    Oh, in that case I'd probably just move on lol.

I'm terrible at improvising, hence why I'm always anticipating the near future. Sometimes I sort of enjoy it though...being dragged into the moment and fighting my way through so I can emerge as the victor. When I was a kid (4-9) I was highly confrontational and used to get into fights all the time, well that is until my parents started beating the shit out of me until I stopped. To this day they talk about it as if it's something to be proud of when it's their stupidity that stopped me from standing up to my bullies in high school because, knowing my ignoramus of a father, he would probably attempt to punish me for standing up for myself. It sounds ridiculous but this is the type of fool that found out I was being bullied, came home and told everyone in my immediate family and then proceeded to do absolutely nothing about it. Anyway, enough about that bastard, I'm sick at the thought of having to share the same sky as him let alone writing about him.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Resonare View Post
    I appreciate everything that you write and though sometimes I seem passive I want you to know that I'm reading every word (often more than once).
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

@Myst We can now rule out ILI since I think I'm an aggressor not a victim.

- I absolutely loathe the idea of being physically vulnerable around anyone to the point where I can't stand wearing less layers of clothing around people.
    - I don't deny romantic interest in someone when my friends ask me about it.
    - I may not approach romantic interests but it's never been made clear to me by them that they are interested.
    - People tend to mistake me for being a weak person but are surprised when I quickly confront them.
    - I don't disgust weakness in others like victims are said to. Instead, I actually tend to open up and show kindness to those who submit to me and I am moved by great acts of loyalty.
    - In my ideal relationship I am very much the dominant one.
    - I prefer to be chased to a certain point before becoming the chaser myself.

I know ILIs/LIEs are also referred to as "psuedo-aggressors" but even that doesn't seem to cover it as they still have a lot of victim qualities that I don't relate to.

Any insights into this matter are more than welcome.
    None of your points seemed contradictory to Pseudo-Aggressor to me, ha.

Maybe some other Pseudo-Aggressors, like @Narc and @Adam Strange can chime in on that issue.

In the meantime, I'll just quote Gulenko himself: "Pseudo-Aggressors/Employees: LIE (ENTj) ILI (INTp)
    These are types who exhibit aggressive tendencies in their everyday life, and as a result tend to carry over these notions and temperaments into their romantic life. They typically are not comfortable with connotations of the word "victim" - implying a certain weakness, effeteness, and lack of dignity. In searching for a partner, they are looking for a worthy opponent - someone who is strong enough to withstand their quirks without "breaking" so to speak."

I'll concur with the previous conclusions of you being most likely an ILI, for the reasons the others have previously mentioned.

Your values are indeed primarily Gamma, and your Ethics are underdeveloped. Your seems to be weak as it is the case for Ni leads. You lack the characteristics of both the Ej and Ij temperaments. (Main reasons: Not "assertive" enough to be Ej, emotions too unstable to be Ij.) Your grasp on related questions/issues was effortlessly strong. Opposed to most LII's, you did not shy away from valuing questions, and do have an idea of right and wrong (even if not in a sophisticated manner as expected for leads; but clearly valuing). You do seem to be PoLR, in the way you are not clearly expressing emotions... generally, your answers in that sector seemed rather obscure, and simply not Fe seeking.

All in all, I also say: ILI.
    I may need some more time to determine the subtype. It is possible you have no distinct one. A video could be helpful, but no pressure.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm terrible at improvising, hence why I'm always anticipating the near future. Sometimes I sort of enjoy it though...being dragged into the moment and fighting my way through so I can emerge as the victor. When I was a kid (4-9) I was highly confrontational and used to get into fights all the time, well that is until my parents started beating the shit out of me until I stopped. To this day they talk about it as if it's something to be proud of when it's their stupidity that stopped me from standing up to my bullies in high school because, knowing my ignoramus of a father, he would probably attempt to punish me for standing up for myself. It sounds ridiculous but this is the type of fool that found out I was being bullied, came home and told everyone in my immediate family and then proceeded to do absolutely nothing about it. Anyway, enough about that bastard, I'm sick at the thought of having to share the same sky as him let alone writing about him.
    I take it that your father is still alive?

People are not always aware of the ramifications of their behavior and actions towards others or what impacts they make. It's an unfortunate part of some relationships.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate everything that you write and though sometimes I seem passive I want you to know that I'm reading every word (often more than once).
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    None of your points seemed contradictory to Pseudo-Aggressor to me, ha.

Maybe some other Pseudo-Aggressors, like @Narc and @Adam Strange can chime in on that issue.

In the meantime, I'll just quote Gulenko himself: "Pseudo-Aggressors/Employees: LIE (ENTj) ILI (INTp)
    These are types who exhibit aggressive tendencies in their everyday life, and as a result tend to carry over these notions and temperaments into their romantic life. They typically are not comfortable with connotations of the word "victim" - implying a certain weakness, effeteness, and lack of dignity. In searching for a partner, they are looking for a worthy opponent - someone who is strong enough to withstand their quirks without "breaking" so to speak."

I'll concur with the previous conclusions of you being most likely an ILI, for the reasons the others have previously mentioned.

Your values are indeed primarily Gamma, and your Ethics are underdeveloped. Your seems to be weak as it is the case for Ni leads. You lack the characteristics of both the Ej and Ij temperaments. (Main reasons: Not "assertive" enough to be Ej, emotions too unstable to be Ij.) Your grasp on related questions/issues was effortlessly strong. Opposed to most LII's, you did not shy away from valuing questions, and do have an idea of right and wrong (even if not in a sophisticated manner as expected for leads; but clearly valuing). You do seem to be PoLR, in the way you are not clearly expressing emotions... generally, your answers in that sector seemed rather obscure, and simply not Fe seeking.

All in all, I also say: ILI.
    I may need some more time to determine the subtype. It is possible you have no distinct one. A video could be helpful, but no pressure.
    I should probably mention that some of those Ni questions took me the longest to answer. The one about killing time was particularly annoying because I already thought about that a while ago but couldn't remember the conclusion I came to.

There's little to no chance of me doing a video.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I should probably mention that some of those Ni questions took me the longest to answer. The one about killing time was particularly annoying because I already thought about that a while ago but couldn't remember the conclusion I came to.

There's little to no chance of me doing a video.
    Fair enough. No video needed, it just makes typing easier.

The concept of "killing time" makes me uncomfortable myself, and I am Ni lead, haha. I'd rather not answer such a question... Feels horrid to me. I don't believe one ever "kills time". Even if time is spent in physical inactivity, it won't necessarily be "killed"...

Time is valuable all the time (no need to kill it!). I also don't watch movies to "kill time"... I never do anything to "kill time". >_<

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take it that your father is still alive?

People are not always aware of the ramifications of their behavior and actions towards others or what impacts they make. It's an unfortunate part of some relationships.
    This is the type of man that would tell his kids that he can run off at any moment to be with another woman and start a new family.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I relate more to a dynamic than a static but some of the static things were true. I remember once back in school when my father was unhappy with my grades, I told him him it was an ongoing process that would improve while rolling a hand to which he replied "What? Improve them now" which is something that makes me thing I'm dynamic, but I do see some similarities between the way I present my sentences and the grammatical construction of sentences by statics but this could be down to me having no enthusiasm anymore.

Also, the part about people not changing is to do with me being bullied in the past and what I've observed. Similar to how personality doesn't change, I believe there are certain aspects of every person that do not change but people simply cover them up for their own convenience. I've seen people show prejudice toward other people, befriend and even date people with the same appearance as those they are prejudice against, and then go on to later re-surface their prejudice. Perhaps I have just encountered some rotten people but I honestly do not believe that people can completely change.
    According to your attitude about change Attitude towards changes
    Rational type: React on changes according to their values and beliefs.
    Irrational type: React to changes according to the situation.

Attitude towards changes
    Rational: They think that people can change.
    Irrational: They think that people can not change.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is the type of man that would tell his kids that he can run off at any moment to be with another woman and start a new family.
    That's guilting someone to love them back.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Sol

As for authority

Attitude towards boundaries of authority
    Rational: They know the boundaries of authority of one person over another. Easily take authority and subordinate.
    Irrational: They believe in unlimited authority of one person over another. Being in power, they might become unreasonable; therefore they feel awkward when subordinate.
    -

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    Fair enough. No video needed, it just makes typing easier.

The concept of "killing time" makes me uncomfortable myself, and I am Ni lead, haha. I'd rather not answer such a question... Feels horrid to me. I don't believe one ever "kills time". Even if time is spent in physical inactivity, it won't necessarily be "killed"...

Time is valuable all the time (no need to kill it!). I also don't watch movies to "kill time"... I never do anything to "kill time". >_<
    I see what you mean and I agree but I still don't see myself as an Ni-ego type lol.

According to your attitude about change Attitude towards changes
    Rational type: React on changes according to their values and beliefs.
    Irrational type: React to changes according to the situation.

Attitude towards changes
    Rational: They think that people can change.
    Irrational: They think that people can not change.
    I can't help but notice how you never actually suggest a type

That's guilting someone to love them back.
    Sounds about right.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I see what you mean and I agree but I still don't see myself as an Ni-ego type lol.

I can't help but notice how you never actually suggest a type

Sounds about right.
    I can't suggest a type now because I'm thinking in terms of Functions
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The only function that I'm sure of is T your feelings regarding your father's actions are obsessive and it bothers you and in it's expression it causes me to empathize with you

You present a lot of P characteristics especially with your regards to how you view change in others but Idk
    -

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only function that I'm sure of is T your feelings regarding your father's actions are obsessive and it bothers you and in it's expression it causes me to empathize with you

You present a lot of P characteristics especially with your regards to how you view change in others but Idk
    I'm not obsessed with his previous actions. In fact, I only mentioned them because they contributed to me becoming "unlike" myself as one of my long-term friends likes to put it.

@SisOfNight Can you (or anyone else) expand on how being both an aggressor and a victim would work in ILIs/LIEs?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't type you ILI at all because they like to pass up responsibility of that refrigerator nature on to the people who make it where it came from or to the nearest appliance place. Time's too valuable for them. They want to relax and introspect.
    -

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't type you ILI at all because they like to pass up responsibility of that refrigerator nature on to the people who make it where it came from or to the nearest appliance place.
    You see, I tend to be open to your conclusions but your way of getting there always seems to ignore something I've already said or a logical fallacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Resonare
    Well, with no option to get a replacement I'd be more inclined towards calling someone to repair it unless the solution is something simple to me since the repercussions of attempting to fix it and causing further damage are magnified without the option of simply just buying a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa
    Time's too valuable for them. They want to relax and introspect.
    I am always tense but I do introspect a lot.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Myst We can now rule out ILI since I think I'm an aggressor not a victim.

- I absolutely loathe the idea of being physically vulnerable around anyone to the point where I can't stand wearing less layers of clothing around people.
    - I don't deny romantic interest in someone when my friends ask me about it.
    - I may not approach romantic interests but it's never been made clear to me by them that they are interested.
    - People tend to mistake me for being a weak person but are surprised when I quickly confront them.
    - I don't disgust weakness in others like victims are said to. Instead, I actually tend to open up and show kindness to those who submit to me and I am moved by great acts of loyalty.
    - In my ideal relationship I am very much the dominant one.
    - I prefer to be chased to a certain point before becoming the chaser myself.

I know ILIs/LIEs are also referred to as "psuedo-aggressors" but even that doesn't seem to cover it as they still have a lot of victim qualities that I don't relate to.

Any insights into this matter are more than welcome.
    Which victim qualities of gamma NTs do you not relate to?

As for the list you made:

1) not related to aggressor
    2) not related
    3) victims focus on the interest of the other person
    4) fits gamma NT alright
    5) what sort of submission is that? be more specific on this
    6) relevant how?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Well all I can say is nothing else makes sense for you and you sound like other ILIs here. So unless I see something that totally contradicts everything so far, I won't be changing my opinion on your type.

If you care that much about your typing then I suggest you spend time on understanding the theory deeper and yourself as well to see the whole picture.

Yep, I would say that I tend to live in the near-future and that I only think about the negative long-term future possibilities and I generally ignore the positive. If I see a long-term negative future prospect and if I can't prevent it then it just makes me depressed and unwilling to participate in life until it has passed. Unfortunately for me, what I'm dealing with won't come to pass for a long time and I find myself unable to live my life in this time between now and then, with "then" most likely being the end. This is why I wanted to make it clear that I'm depressed and my type may very well likely not be what it appears to be on the surface.
    This sounds like you live in the future far beyond the near future. Reread what you wrote here and you should see why I'm saying that.

I'm terrible at improvising, hence why I'm always anticipating the near future. Sometimes I sort of enjoy it though...being dragged into the moment and fighting my way through so I can emerge as the victor.
    Nice Se seeking.

I don't type you ILI at all because they like to pass up responsibility of that refrigerator nature on to the people who make it where it came from or to the nearest appliance place. Time's too valuable for them. They want to relax and introspect.
    ILI-Ni's maybe, most of the time, but they still have a Te creative

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You said you would go through the process of checking to see if it's on
    -

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Which victim qualities of gamma NTs do you not relate to?

As for the list you made:

1) not related to aggressor
    2) not related
    3) victims focus on the interest of the other person
    4) fits gamma NT alright
    5) what sort of submission is that? be more specific on this
    6) relevant how?
    Is it strange that I knew you missed one?

Psuedo-Aggressors/Employees: LIE (ENTj) ILI (INTp)

These are types who exhibit aggressive tendencies in their everyday life, and as a result tend to carry over these notions and temperaments into their romantic life. They typically are not comfortable with connotations of the word "victim" - implying a certain weakness, effeteness, and lack of dignity. In searching for a partner, they are looking for a worthy opponent - someone who is strong enough to withstand their quirks without "breaking" so to speak.

I don't think any aggressor would be comfortable with being called a "victim", so that point seems moot. In terms of aggressiveness, people seem to get scared of me very easily irl i.e. flinching and whatnot just because of my presence, but I am (physically) harmless. I'm about 5'11, not muscular and I don't invade personal space. I've been told that it might be because I never smile but I know plenty of people who don't smile and don't have to deal with this. I mentioned before that I have a number of physical oddities so the part about finding someone who can withstand my quirks relates to me based on this, not that I'd ever want a partner anyway.

Aggressors/Employers: SEE (ESFp) ESI (ISFj)

These types, like the conquerors, express their sexuality openly. In daily life they may tend to be rather submissive and as a result may tend to carry over these tendencies into their romantic life. They are won over by indirect acts of submission, and are thrilled when their love interest (in the case of the "psuedo-aggressor" type) acts unlike himself. In a partner, they are looking for their equal - someone whose solid facade they can break down piece by piece.

Fairly sure this isn't me but some parts apply.

Conquerors: SLE (ESTp) LSI (ISTj)

These are assertive types who do not flinch at their own sexuality. They will express their own desire without reservation. They are won over by direct shows of submission (only after feeling that they have earned it). He will be insulted if his romantic interest gives him his title without question, and bored if the fight is too easily won. He, like the Pseudo-Aggressor and the Challenger, is questing to find his equal. Someone he can play his almost sadistic games with without "breaking."

What would a bullied, depressed conqueror look like?

I'm definitely not a challenger/trophy so I won't even bother highlighting (nothing) on it.

Aggressor

• no doubts about own interest in another person
    • not prone to hesitation about whether or not to reveal that interest
    • focus is more on own interest than whether or not the other person might reciprocate
    • romantic interaction is more about "toughness" than "tenderness"
    • needs to feel some sense of "superiority" over the partner, but worthwhile only if the partner is seen as able to largely "keep up"
    • this takes the form of power games, which others might regard as cruel or bitchy
    • in the case of female Aggressors with male partners, the above tends to assume the characteristic of a woman expecting total devotion from the partner, rather than her being "bossy"
    • little inclination to externally admit not having been the one to end a relationship, unless if adopting a "who cares" front simultaneously

Victim

• prone to initial doubts about intensity of own interest in another person
    • not always confident about revealing that interest
    • inclined to focus on whether or not the other person might reciprocate the interest
    • inclined to question whether or not the other person's interest will remain constant with time
    • preference for partners that provoke in the individual a certain sense of awe in terms of power, physical presence, and the like
    • appreciation for the sense of power-play present when interacting with such partners, with acceptance of a slight sense of superiority on the part of the partner, without ever actually "submitting" to them
    • this takes the form of the individual somewhat expecting the partner to be "mean" on occasion
    • in the case of Victim males with female partners, this latter trait assumes a characteristic analogous to a "knight devoted to his princess"
    • inclination to openly admit to a relationship having been ended by the partner rather than by the individual himself

Well all I can say is nothing else makes sense for you and you sound like other ILIs here. So unless I see something that totally contradicts everything so far, I won't be changing my opinion on your type.

If you care that much about your typing then I suggest you spend time on understanding the theory deeper and yourself as well to see the whole picture.

This sounds like you live in the future far beyond the near future. Reread what you wrote here and you should see why I'm saying that.

Nice Se seeking.
    I'm at my best when in the near future but at my worst (like now) when I'm in the far future.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You said you would go through the process of checking to see if it's on
    Checking if it's on consumes less time and is less hassle than the phone call to the repairman, let alone the actual visit itself.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESE
    -

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Checking if it's on consumes less time and is less hassle than the phone call to the repairman, let alone the actual visit itself.
    Don't worry about Maritsa...

ESE
    You must be joking.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Is it strange that I knew you missed one?
    Not strange. The one about your ideal relationship where you'd be the dominant one. Yeah and my comment on that one: dominant in what way?

So?

They will express their own desire without reservation. & not prone to hesitation about whether or not to reveal that interest
    You are not being consistent - previously you said "I may not approach romantic interests but it's never been made clear to me by them that they are interested."

How many actual relationships have you had so far?

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not strange. The one about your ideal relationship where you'd be the dominant one. Yeah and my comment on that one: dominant in what way?

So?
    Dominant as in I am a major factor when making decisions. My family like to make plans without even notifing me until the last moment and then expect me to just show up and be happy about it. This pisses me off to no end and I often refuse to participate. I'd much rather disengage from a group of people, family or not, that expect me to follow like that. I am difficult to persuade through force but easily persuaded through submission. Even if the opposing point of view is logically sound, I tend to not acknowledge it if there is a sense of superiority behind it, but I almost never ignore an idea, perspective or request for help that comes from a point of subordination unless that person was previously ignoring my advice and has now come back begging for help, in which case I will want the consquences of their decision to take full effect on them.

You are not being consistent - previously you said "I may not approach romantic interests but it's never been made clear to me by them that they are interested."

How many actual relationships have you had so far?
    What I mean is that I am not afriad to admit romantic interest in someone but it is rarely ever reciprocated, therefore I do not approach. To me, reciprocating interest would be confirmation from the girl or a source she would trust e.g. a friend, sister etc. Some random people in the same class as me (that aren't close to her) telling me she likes me is not reliable and wouldn't trigger me to approach.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Dominant as in I am a major factor when making decisions. My family like to make plans without even notifing me until the last moment and then expect me to just show up and be happy about it. This pisses me off to no end and I often refuse to participate. I'd much rather disengage from a group of people, family or not, that expect me to follow like that. I am difficult to persuade through force but easily persuaded through submission. Even if the opposing point of view is logically sound, I tend to not acknowledge it if there is a sense of superiority behind it, but I almost never ignore an idea, perspective or request for help that comes from a point of subordination unless that person was previously ignoring my advice and has now come back begging for help, in which case I will want the consquences of their decision to take full effect on them.
    What sort of submission are we talking about again?

You sound very Te overall, btw.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What sort of submission are we talking about again?
    As in every decision which involves me goes through me and I have the final word regarding it. I also mean that if someone concedes that I am better at something than them and they want my help then I'll be more inclined to help than if they tried to force me to do it. I don't demand that they kowtow or anything.

You sound very Te overall, btw.
    Why did we rule out LSE? Also, the SLE descriptions sound a lot like me when I was younger.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You ruled out LSE
    -

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

As in every decision which involves me goes through me and I have the final word regarding it. I also mean that if someone concedes that I am better at something than them and they want my help then I'll be more inclined to help than if they tried to force me to do it. I don't demand that they kowtow or anything.
    Lol I see. OK, consistent with Te.

Why did we rule out LSE? Also, the SLE descriptions sound a lot like me when I was younger.
    Do you really relate to 1D Ni, especially Ni PoLR?

You can check out LIE if you really think you are that much closer to Aggressor than Victim

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you really relate to 1D Ni, especially Ni PoLR?
    Quote Originally Posted by the16types
    Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? How about if you don't know the exact time that it will occur?
    Anxiousness is definitely there. You keep thinking about it. Another situation is also possible. You know when this event will occur, but you cannot predict its outcome. Especially, if a negative outcome for you is very likely. I am right now before this kind of situation. In a week, there will be an important event for me. And I'm starting to get very worried. I want to somehow forget about it. But I can't. On the day when everything gets resolved, I calm down. What will be, will be. (One-dimensional Ni : SLE "Zhukov")
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonare
    Yep, I would say that I tend to live in the near-future and that I only think about the negative long-term future possibilities and I generally ignore the positive. If I see a long-term negative future prospect and if I can't prevent it then it just makes me depressed and unwilling to participate in life until it has passed. Unfortunately for me, what I'm dealing with won't come to pass for a long time and I find myself unable to live my life in this time between now and then, with "then" most likely being the end. This is why I wanted to make it clear that I'm depressed and my type may very well likely not be what it appears to be on the surface.
    Quote Originally Posted by the16types
    My husband and I work at the same company, so we go to work together. I often get there by walking, but my husband prefers to sleep a little longer in the morning and get there by bus.

The bus station is near our house. However, on the bus, we rarely go together. I leave early and then wait for my husband and the bus at the bus stop, then my husband comes, then the bus, and we sit down together and depart. Buses here arrive strictly by schedule, that is, I know what time it will arrive at the stop. But it's hard to make myself get out of the house with my husband, and he knows it. Usually, he tries to persuade me to not hurry, that we'll make it. My husband has never been late for work, this I know, but I'm not comfortable to go out of the house with him so close to the bus arrival. (One-dimensional Ni : LSE "Stirlitz")
    This one doesn't sound like me at all. In fact, I'm more like the husband. I get to the station only a few minutes before the train arrives because I don't like waiting around doing nothing while some random person goes out of their way to make me feel uncomfortable. I wouldn't say I'm never late though.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Maritsa What do you make of this test? It typed me as EII.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't like that test. It doesn't factor in that EII like to analyze things due to their role function. As soon as you click on that you get LII. So if you got EII maybe you are LII and emotivist dichotomy.
    -

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

What do you make of this test? It typed me as EII.
    Forget about tests.

Anything in gamma NT that you can't reconcile with how you are? The aggressor stuff could be pseudo aggressor just fine.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Maritsa LII is possible but I don't really see myself as an alpha since they seem far to merry.

@Myst I'm surely a Gamma or Delta type. I initially saw more Te-Si in myself than Te-Ni, but I do some Ni-like things like deliberately avoiding new relationships because of some uncomfortable future prospect. For example, I may notice someone on the train being open to me talking to them but I generally won't engage them because of potentially having to engage that person on a consistent basis in the future and having to deal with awkward situations that may lead to us trying to avoid each other. I may find myself wanting a girlfriend but I'll avoid finding one because it may lead to something more and I've already made a decision regarding my future that would most likely devastate this person.

As you can see, most of my Ni-ing is to do with people and relationships rather than Te areas which makes me think that I'm a Delta, but Ne-Fi sounds nothing like me while Se-Fi does. Delta Se-Ti and Gamma Ne-Ti both sound a bit like me, though the Gamma one would explain my lack of tolerance when it comes to impractical speculation and ideas. For example, a friend of mine and I were into card games and he would create innovative decks with spectacular combos that no one had thought of but with little competitive feasibility, while I prefered to build innovative decks with a unique combination of cards that no one had thought of that were competitive and capable of winning tournaments but not as spectacular as his. We also struggled to communicate over the internet because every sentance he put together could be interpreted in more than one way while mine, on the other hand, are all straight-forward.

I'm fairly sure he is either an INTP or INFP because of how strong his Ne is and also because he has no Se at all e.g. he didn't resist his family forcing him to study accountancy of all things, so I initially put our differences and difficulties in communication down to N vs S but I guess it could be Ti/Fi-Ne vs Te-Ni.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Myst I'm surely a Gamma or Delta type. I initially saw more Te-Si in myself than Te-Ni, but I do some Ni-like things like deliberately avoiding new relationships because of some uncomfortable future prospect. For example, I may notice someone on the train being open to me talking to them but I generally won't engage them because of potentially having to engage that person on a consistent basis in the future and having to deal with awkward situations that may lead to us trying to avoid each other. I may find myself wanting a girlfriend but I'll avoid finding one because it may lead to something more and I've already made a decision regarding my future that would most likely devastate this person.
    What did you see as Te/Si?

As you can see, most of my Ni-ing is to do with people and relationships rather than Te areas
    How do you understand Te areas then?

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did you see as Te/Si?

• Delta types make a point of talking about the rationale behind their actions and emphasizing the productiveness or unproductiveness of different ways of doing things - even in such emotional areas as personal relationships.

People I know often say that I had an excuse for everything when really it's just that I know my logic behind taking an action and where things went wrong. I don't really make a point to tell others the rationale behind my actions unless prompted to, but there is always a rationale there. When I actually engage people, I'm often times the one giving advice on what's the best way to do something so I think the latter part is quite true.

• Delta types value peaceful, refreshing activities where they are doing something useful and balancing out their inner world at the same time.

This is true but I'm rarely ever doing something "useful" when trying to balance out my inner world. I'm normally playing monopoly online, bejelewed or watching videos on YouTube...not exactly useful and sometimes not peaceful either.

• Delta types have the philosophy that they will have to rely on their own industriousness to achieve their goals rather than on luck, speculation, group effort, or strong leadership.

This one is pretty true. I went through a time in my life where the only way I was going to move forward was by truly finding myself. Since then, I've become even more independent than I was before. I've noticed how I stopped valuing other people and how I often ended up isolated when around them. I've heard people making remarks about this e.g. "No one can make it through life on their own". I also think this is the reason why I find it difficult to settle on a type; I see so many aspects of myself in almost all of the types that I can't be sure which is mine. I do rely on my own speculation but group effort, strong leadership and especially luck are not things that I like to rely on at all.

How do you understand Te areas then?
    Away from people; more to do with business and factual information/processes.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

• Delta types make a point of talking about the rationale behind their actions and emphasizing the productiveness or unproductiveness of different ways of doing things - even in such emotional areas as personal relationships.

People I know often say that I had an excuse for everything when really it's just that I know my logic behind taking an action and where things went wrong. I don't really make a point to tell others the rationale behind my actions unless prompted to, but there is always a rationale there. When I actually engage people, I'm often times the one giving advice on what's the best way to do something so I think the latter part is quite true.

• Delta types value peaceful, refreshing activities where they are doing something useful and balancing out their inner world at the same time.

This is true but I'm rarely ever doing something "useful" when trying to balance out my inner world. I'm normally playing monopoly online, bejelewed or watching videos on YouTube...not exactly useful and sometimes not peaceful either.

• Delta types have the philosophy that they will have to rely on their own industriousness to achieve their goals rather than on luck, speculation, group effort, or strong leadership.

This one is pretty true. I went through a time in my life where the only way I was going to move forward was by truly finding myself. Since then, I've become even more independent than I was before. I've noticed how I stopped valuing other people and how I often ended up isolated when around them. I've heard people making remarks about this e.g. "No one can make it through life on their own". I also think this is the reason why I find it difficult to settle on a type; I see so many aspects of myself in almost all of the types that I can't be sure which is mine. I do rely on my own speculation but group effort, strong leadership and especially luck are not things that I like to rely on at all.
    OK, can you analyse the gamma quadra's Te in the same fashion?

Also, about balancing out your inner world - does not look like Te paired with Si.

Away from people; more to do with business and factual information/processes.
    Business is a gamma buzzword more but that's not going to be a decisive factor for typing, heh.

(FYI, I still see you as ILI-Te. That subtype would tend towards Delta more than towards Beta. But you have to understand your type for yourself, obviously.)

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, can you analyse the gamma quadra's Te in the same fashion?

Also, about balancing out your inner world - does not look like Te paired with Si.

• Gamma types take a longer-term view regarding efficiency and profitability, giving lower priority to the short term. Likewise, they tend to aim at the broader benefits of decisions, rather than only at those affecting themselves, giving them an inclination for self-sacrifice.

This applies to me but my "longer term" view is not very long-term. As @Maritsa mentioned before, I tend to only look toward the near future rather than the far future. The latter part is just...generic and it would apply to anyone who isn't selfish.

• Gamma types like to talk about where present trends are leading in terms of potentially profitable events and undertakings.

Yes, but in the opposite way; I tend to notice where they are going in terms of potentially unwanted events.

• Gamma types tend to give more value to ideas and concepts that are firmly connected to factual information.

The only part I can totally agree with. I can entertain unsupported ideas but I won't value them as much as ones that have factual information to support them. I'll listen to people that want to drop by and say "ILI" (@Myst, your first post was exactly this) but will I believe them and be confident in a typing based on this? Nope. I may find fault with some of the logic @Maritsa uses when trying to find my type but at the very least I value the fact she actually bothers to try and explain her conclusions e.g. "time sensitive material makes Ni ili seek people out like a greyhound".

Business is a gamma buzzword more but that's not going to be a decisive factor for typing, heh.
    And yet I almost never use that word in my daily speech and I'm not business-orientated at all. If you're so sure that I'm Gamma then why not one of the SFs? I relate to gamma Se-Fi completely.

(FYI, I still see you as ILI-Te. That subtype would tend towards Delta more than towards Beta. But you have to understand your type for yourself, obviously.)
    Ok, but I find it increasingly difficult to believe any type you suggest. Maybe you aren't aware of this but you outright ignored a post containing proof that I relate to (ESTp) 1D Ni after you asked whether or not I relate to it, so you come across as having a confirmation bias.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No function is related to business. Te is about action and method. It observes action of people and objects and remembers the method that is utilized which it views as efficient to achieving a goal hence external dynamic. Any Te type may like a number of activities and work not just want to get into business. For example a LSE musicians may say that this is what they could do and wanted to utilize the skills to make a living. Is that business? Some may say that the intensity of work or dedication to the work is.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sorry spell check error...not "terms" but "te"
    -

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast