Thread: Type Daria!

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Type Daria!

Was just watching old re-runs on Youtube of this awesome show... types anyone?

Daria: I really like her goals to become a writer, and we have a similiar-ish personality. At first she seems very Fi-ish due to her lack of expressive emotions, but I view Fe manifesting a lot differently depending on the specific type, and there's always a certain sense of collectivism/humanitarianism to her views that makes me think she's Fe-valuing.... especially her secret childhood love for sappy things. LII perhaps?

Quinn: I would say Daria's conflictor, SEE. She's the life of the party, very popular/outgoing, knows how to be charismatic with people, and it's all dolled out with that sheer Gamma toughness. Her Se-valuing is so evident as she constantly barbs on people without worrying about the comfort or tact at all. The show seems very anti-Gamma so she is the frequent butt of the jokes more often than not.

Daria's mom: I'm not very confident in this one but: ESE? Yes, I would believe Daria's mom is actually her dual. When all the chips are down, when she feels weak/unprotected & lost the most, Daria tries to call on her mommy for help. This might seem well, typical (it's her mom, duh)... but she relies on emotional, private stuff to be worked out with her. Daria's mom is a workaholic like a lot of ESEs, but it's always done in a way where it doesn't seem to hit Daria's polr. She can still get upset at her mom, but they share similiar views and both don't really like Quinn's shallowness.

Daria's dad: I'm stuck on either EII or LII... but based on their shaky marriage (it was a cartoon played up for drama I know, but taken seriously for criticism purposes, their relationship really was genuinely dysfunctional) and lack of any respectful feelings... I'd say he's a very, very unhealthy EII.

Trent: IEI. Typical romantic/slacker vibe, don't see him as anything else. Has sooooo much trouble exerting himself. Beta epicness and awe at the crazy shit of the world. Has such an underlying erotic vibe that makes him easy to fall in love with, but so hard to work with/be dependent on. Te-polr is so crystal clear, can't think of anything else.

Tom: Delta IEE or Alpha ILE most likely. Has a very down to earth yet diplomatic & idealistic brain all at once, looks like he'd complement Daria's writing well by being more of a refined/public voice for her works. Always dresses neat, is wealthy, but doesn't come across as smug or pretentious about it. Looks like he'd fit into any college/aristocratic setting extremely well.

Brittany: Despite being brain-dead she has a great moral character... and does surprisingly heroic things for, well, a Cheerleader. Again she secretly always seems to be there for Daria when she needs it the most (and vice-versa) which is what duals do, so I'm guessing another ESE just not a kinda more ... obvious one? like Daria's mother. (Brittany's boyfriend Kevin is obviously not her dual, I don't think- I say he's SLE.) There would be lots of chemistry between Kevin and Trent I'd imagine.

That black dude on campus: SEI or IEE.
    That black girl that tries too hard to be goody-goody & perfect: A much more healthy EII?

Mr. O'Neil: He's such a caricature and comic-relief & they ALWAYS make fun of him (well they do the others but almost every character has redeeming moments but his over-the-top emotional sentimentality is always ripped on) so I don't really know. He's too much of a joke to type effectively, perhaps.

Weird bugging eye-out teacher (forgot name): LSI? Come to think of it, I could actually see a duality between him and Mr. O'Neil (so EIE for o'neil?).

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone constantly called me daria in highschool. Oh the wonderful memories...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol That's odd, I kinda always thought of you as a more fun, practical girl than a nerdy, book-ish Daria. Well Daria was practical too.. well maybe not practical, but she sure was a realist.

Yeah anyways I know a lot of people that got called that in high school. =D

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. I think the show is mostly from a Gamma perspective, honestly. I would have thought...

Daria - ILI
    Jane - Gamma SF? More ESI than SEE. Seems like implied, lol...
    Quinn - ESE > EIE
    Helen - Some ST, probably rational; LSE works well.
    Jake - Some NF, perhaps a realistic depiction of an EII from the Gamma perspective.
    Trent - Irrational seems like a sure bet, and his particularly unfocused brand of laziness seems Si oriented. Seems like an ethical type. Perhaps IEE?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just read through your typings, B&D, and the one that jumps out at me is Trent as IEI, which, as far as real-life representatives of types go, does seem more likely than IEE.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Interesting. I think the show is mostly from a Gamma perspective, honestly.
    You know I thought about this. They're always trying to... make everything have a 'productive purpose' a bit too much, but to me it isn't pushy enough to be Gamma. I'm just going by what Expat himself always says about Gamma, how they're really all oh so adamant about that practical, no-nonsense real-world business accomplishments. Ann Coulter obviously has nothing against ripping a housewife into shreds for her career, the show does seem to try hard to be serious at times than that. I can't believe I'm taking this show so seriously now, in fact, god I need a life but lol anyway.

There's a lot of humanitarian mumbo jumbo thrown in with the episodes, but people who seem to seek it out for their own sake seem to get laughed at/degraded. Could just be an 'American culture' thing, can't be 'too emo' thing... though that doesn't make sense, since Daria came from a time where that lifestyle was more socially approved of, and the emo-bashing thing started in the 2000s.... Besides, I think the show was very welcoming to Trent in the beginning but overtime they seem to paint him as this like super slacker in the bad way with no redeeming qualities, and made his passivity so annoying instead of charming.

I'd say it's Delta more than anything. Not too 'get a job, smelly hippie' ish like Gamma and not too 'be happy to be a fag' ish like Beta or Alpha.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just read through your typings, B&D, and the one that jumps out at me is Trent as IEI, which, as far as real-life representatives of types go, does seem more likely than IEE.
    I don't know if you've seen Tom as well but my personal view and understandings of socionics, he would be the IEE one. IEEs are always so equally sensitive to those that don't fit in and those that do. It's extremely charming, no other type really has that touch. (Let's face it, I think we both would be too sensitive to the outcast.) So, he can kinda understand Daria but still cover her weaknesses with a different strength. It almost seems Dual-ish, but I doubt they are really especially because there is too much initial chemistry to be true duals to me.

Trent writes songs about social injustices frequently and his own personal feelings, such a Beta thing. "Wearing watches depresses me." LoL he's so emo but hot I can't help but love him. Yeah, see now Tom would exactly be the type to go "I understand how you feel, but here's why you should still pursue a more practical outlet for your creativity" blabla typical Delta 'You can feel good and still be productive in the world, buying a new xbox with real money can be FUN and empowering!' speech.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts (from memory)

Daria struck me as ILI with Brittany being SEE and Brittany's bf some Se-ego, SLE sounds decent to me.

Jane struck me as IEI. She reminds me of glamourama actually. *shrug*

The show Sick, Sad World had that sort of... I always loved the placement of the segment having absolutely nothing to do with anything going on in the actual episode.

When aliens eat out, where do they relieve themselves? Extraterrestrial restaurant restrooms, tonight on Sick, Sad World.

Loved that show.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Brittany being SEE might make more sense than ESE I guess.... yes can't picture Kevin as anything other than a friendly SLE.

I'm still a little ??? on the show being Gamma-friendly though.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually thinking more about it I could easily see SLI for Jane. IEI, not so much. The wikipedia article on the show actually gave a decent shpiel as far as type-relevant information, IMO:

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia List of Characters in Daria
    (First Appearance: Episode #101, "Esteemsters") Daria's artistic best friend and fellow outcast, as well as the youngest of the five Lane siblings. While sharing some of Daria's cynical views and attitudes, Jane is much more lively and well adjusted than her best friend. Living with her older brother Trent (see below), she manages to stay completely functional and content with life despite complete absence of parental guidance or even presence. Jane is the show's second central character, and is voiced by Wendy Hoopes.
    Sounds like it could be a "sensor" version of Daria, IMO.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Jane's more lively & well-adjusted than Daria? Oh please. Maybe a little livelier, but not more well-adjusted. She had no real friends until she met Daria and took Mr. O'Neil's self-esteem class like 6 times in a row because she didn't have anything better to do with her afternoons. I'm pretty sure it was Daria that suggested they take the test together to graduate and do something else to hang out.

IEI, not so much.
    Yeah Jane isn't an IEI.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Okay, yeah now I *really* think I see the duality relationship between Daria and Brittany. ILI/SEE. Thought this was LII/ESE at first but the former fits better.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol i've been watching this latelY too
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww I love Daria LII works for me What about Jane?
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder about the type of her voice actor, Tracy Grandstaff.

http://www.comedycentral.com/press/i...grandstaff.jpg
    http://sharetv.org/images/person/tracy_grandstaff.jpg

There are clips of her somewhere in there, you'll have to find them yourself though.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've been on another Daria spree

Daria - Ni-ILI
    Jane - Si-SLI

Quinn - Si-ESE
    Helen - LSE
    Jake - Fi-ESI

Trent - Ni-IEI

Brittany - Se-SEE
    Kevin - EP something

Jodie - Fi-EII
    Mack - Te-SLI

Sandi - Ni-LIE
    Stacy - Fe-SEI
    Tiffany - Si-SEI

Ms. Li - Fe-ESE
    Mr. O'Neill - Fi-IEE
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daria is a fictional character and a stereotype of ILI.

/thread
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    Daria is a fictional character and a stereotype of ILI.

/thread
    Why does The Ineffyble sounds so much like labocat in this post?

It's an ineffable mystery.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    Why does The Ineffyble sounds so much like labocat in this post?

It's an ineffable mystery.
    The Ineffable is Labcoat.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching this again. Updated typings.

Daria - Ni-INTp
    Jane - Si-ISTp (thought ISFj before but like Gilly said, she's the sensor version of Daria basically)

Quinn - Fe-ESFj
    Sandy - Ni-ENFj
    Stacy - Fi-ENFp (lol she tries so hard to please everybody and everybody walks all over her, much like the few other Delta NFs in this show i.e. Jodie, Mr. O'Neil, Jake)
    Tiffany - Si-ISFp

Helen - Te-ENTj (or ESTj, but it seems like she understands Daria much more easily than others around her)
    Jake - Fi-INFj
    Aunt Amy - Ni-INTp

Trent - Ni-INFp
    The rest of the Lane Family - Ne/Si as fuck (mom is Fi-ENFp and dad Ne-ENTp or something)
    Tom - Ne/Si

Britney - Se-ESFp
    Kevin - Fe-ISFp (I could see ESTp but I can't really see a reason to prefer it over ISFp.)
    Upchuck - Ti-ENTp

Jodie - Fi-INFj (<3)
    Mack - Si-ISTp

Mr. O'Neil - Fi-ENFp
    Mr. DeMartino - Se-ISTj
    Ms. Janet - Si-ESTj
    Ms. Angela Li - Te-EXTj

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jane is a tough one, ESI isnt a bad typing IMO but she and Daria seem more like appropriately distant post-modern social co-commentators, and Jane has an aristocratic feel to her. Can't really see benefit with Trent, Daria seems llike the bridge between them.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way Daria and Quinn are LII/SEE, they're ILI/ESE.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The sisters seem to have conflicting types. ILI/ESE.

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Daria -ILI
    Jane - SLI
    Helen- ExTj
    Jake - IEE
    Quinn- ExFj
    Britney and Kevin - ESFx
    Trent -ILI
    Martino - LSI-Ti
    Stacy - IEE
    Sandy - EIE
    Tiffany -IxFp
    Last edited by Hope; 04-14-2018 at 04:36 PM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Helen LSE
    Jane SLI

Daria ILI. I have seen almost exact replica of her. It is sometimes disturbing to see how much similarity contrary types can see in each other while being quite bit different outwardly.
    Quinn ESE. Teenager. Could be EIE although lots of EIE's might have grander goals.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    It is sometimes disturbing to see how much similarity contrary types can see in each other while being quite bit different outwardly.
    I find this true. But I think they can look similar even outwardly. They have same interests and both are rationals or irrationals.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    I find this true. But I think they can look similar even outwardly. They have same interests and both are rationals or irrationals.
    Yes, even this might happen. Makes typing bit hard at times.
    I'm actually bit doubtful whenever I see ILI and start to think whether or not I'm one. I don't really confuse myself with LII's or LIE's.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It is sometimes disturbing to see how much similarity contrary types can see in each other while being quite bit different outwardly.
    On the surface, and hence "outwardly", people look more similar than inside and when you know them better. Same is with contrary types, which are much close. polr T is funny

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, even this might happen. Makes typing bit hard at times.
    I'm actually bit doubtful whenever I see ILI and start to think whether or not I'm one. I don't really confuse myself with LII's or LIE's.
    She's kind of extroverted on the show. Maybe Te subtype. Always very vocal about her criticisms and not so reserved like an introvert. So I'm not surprised. I think ILE and ILI can share that.

(not in regards to Troll Nr 007)
    I liked this show when I was younger for its sarcasm to society, But Daria is kind of super-critical like she is annoyed by everything, doesn't know the meaning of the word tact, doesn't seem to enjoy anything, and finds life boring and uncomfortable. I mean her favorite show is sicksadworld (lol). Maybe this is personal or something, but that kind of feels more like an Ij thing to me. I mean does she ever find anything enjoyable or fascinating other than Trent and pizza? I don't remember it anyway. Kind of an existentially depressed and sad character. She's probably ILI, but she bugs me for reasons I can't explain and maybe because I see my younger self in her (I don't know lol).
    good bye

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    On the surface, and hence "outwardly", people look more similar than inside and when you know them better. Same is with contrary types, which are much close. polr T is funny
    Can't you see inside (internal content of objects = )? Oops... never mind. This is getting absurd.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is getting absurd.
    Fi creative m8. Im feeling the superego

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure why, but I remembered the box episode and rewatched it for some reason and it hit me that Daria's character is probably on the autistic spectrum, whether the writers intended it or not. The entire show was always about Daria having to be involved with people she doesn't relate with at all and the frustration of having to constantly deal with the expectation of fitting in or being normal. It's kind of weird I guess because most show's portray autism as kind of ridiculous like Sheldon from Big Bang or a just character that's socially clueless about everything, almost like partial Down's Syndrome or something. But this was probably a more realistic representation of high functioning autism. hmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohh, and I don't take socionics all that seriously anymore, but I suppose Quinn is SEE (for all the cliquey, status, and drama seeking behavior whereas ESE are usually enneagram 2 somewhere?) and Daria maybe is LII (but I guess most see her as ILI) because she's very overly-critical, frustrated by everything, and not very flexible or into Se behaviors (and I think if there was an Fe lead character on the show that played off her critical nature, she would have been a more fun and emotional snarky, rather than depressed snarky).
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Was just watching old re-runs on Youtube of this awesome show... types anyone?

Daria: I really like her goals to become a writer, and we have a similiar-ish personality. At first she seems very Fi-ish due to her lack of expressive emotions, but I view Fe manifesting a lot differently depending on the specific type, and there's always a certain sense of collectivism/humanitarianism to her views that makes me think she's Fe-valuing.... especially her secret childhood love for sappy things. LII perhaps?

Quinn: I would say Daria's conflictor, SEE. She's the life of the party, very popular/outgoing, knows how to be charismatic with people, and it's all dolled out with that sheer Gamma toughness. Her Se-valuing is so evident as she constantly barbs on people without worrying about the comfort or tact at all. The show seems very anti-Gamma so she is the frequent butt of the jokes more often than not.

Daria's mom: I'm not very confident in this one but: ESE? Yes, I would believe Daria's mom is actually her dual. When all the chips are down, when she feels weak/unprotected & lost the most, Daria tries to call on her mommy for help. This might seem well, typical (it's her mom, duh)... but she relies on emotional, private stuff to be worked out with her. Daria's mom is a workaholic like a lot of ESEs, but it's always done in a way where it doesn't seem to hit Daria's polr. She can still get upset at her mom, but they share similiar views and both don't really like Quinn's shallowness.
    huh, I think we're on the same page here. Don't see that too often.